inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tallest/Shortest you'd date

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/01/06 at 6:35 pm

What are your height limits for someone you'd date?!

Me.. I'd say shortest is below 2 feet.. Tallest is above 9 feet.

Subject: Re: Tallest/Shortest you'd date

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/01/06 at 6:37 pm

What are your height limits for someone you'd date?!

Me.. I'd say shortest is below 2 feet.. Tallest is above 9 feet.

You're far too picky. ;) Actually, height isn't a real issue for me. I'd probably go with your 2-9 feet range.

Written By: Apricot on 04/01/06 at 6:40 pm

A girl I liked for a long time was significantly shorter then me, as are most of the women I seem to go for... the girl I'm with now isn't much shorter then myself, but a lot of the other girls I've liked in the past were quite short.. not, like, child-like, just not so tall.

I'd feel weird dating above my height, but I'd do it.

God, I hope no one makes that stupid "You know why you don't date a tall woman? When you're stading nose to nose.." joke.. I hate that joke so much.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/01/06 at 6:43 pm

A girl I liked for a long time was significantly shorter then me, as are most of the women I seem to go for... the girl I'm with now isn't much shorter then myself, but a lot of the other girls I've liked in the past were quite short.. not, like, child-like, just not so tall.

I'd feel weird dating above my height, but I'd do it.

God, I hope no one makes that stupid "You know why you don't date a tall woman? When you're stading nose to nose.." joke.. I hate that joke so much.

I don't know that joke.. Why don't you tell us, Andrew?!

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/06 at 6:50 pm

Height does not matter to me.

Heck as long as she has a pulse, I'm good to go.  :P

Written By: whistledog on 04/01/06 at 6:52 pm

Height means nothing to me, just so long as she's stleast taller than my waist ;D

Written By: imadick on 04/01/06 at 8:39 pm

Height hmm, well whistledog why not a little shorter than your wasit  :D

Written By: whistledog on 04/01/06 at 8:41 pm

Height hmm, well whistledog why not a little shorter than your wasit  :D

cause it would make it a little difficult when her and I are in the sack ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/06 at 9:33 pm

well I am 5'2"...and I would not be with anyone shorter than me....I like taller guys...every guy I have been with has been close to 6' or taller. Chris is around 5'11" or so.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/01/06 at 9:51 pm

I'm 5'7" and I don't really have a particular preference.  I guess I wouldn't ideally like to date a girl under 5 ft tall..

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/01/06 at 11:47 pm

Meh, It really doesn't matter to me. I like short guys, though, I guess. Well, not like.. midgets, or anything. However, they would be fun to throw around.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/06 at 11:48 pm

Meh, It really doesn't matter to me. I like short guys, though, I guess. Well, not like.. midgets, or anything. However, they would be fun to throw around.

especially the one that works at Goodwill....what I wouldn't give to have him and a dumpster, together, in a room!! Let the tossing begin!! :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/01/06 at 11:50 pm

especially the one that works at Goodwill....what I wouldn't give to have him and a dumpster, together, in a room!! Let the tossing begin!! :D

;D And that would be cruel doing that to anyone else. He's definitely the exception.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/06 at 11:51 pm

;D And that would be cruel doing that to anyone else. He's definitely the exception.

oh, most definitely. ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/01/06 at 11:51 pm

^Wtf :D :D

;D

Written By: La Roche on 04/02/06 at 12:07 am

You've sparked my interest..

I would say my parameters would be at least 5 foot to maybe 6'1 - 6'2.

I wouldn't have a big deal with her being an inch or two taller than me I suppose, but not too much.
That isn't a "well i wanna be the taller one" kind of thing. It's a I don't wanna have to stand on tiptoes to kiss  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/02/06 at 12:10 am

You've sparked my interest..

well to make a long story short...there is this midget named Glenn that works at our Goodwill store. He has a habit of going around the mall (and local stores) and hitting on females (no matter how old they are).  When I worked at the mall years ago (about 8 years or so) he came into the store and wouldn't let me alone (even after telling him that I had a boyfriend)...now, he comes into the store that Beth works at and hits on her too. He will just stand there and stare at you and like wink....ew. ::)

Written By: La Roche on 04/02/06 at 12:12 am

well to make a long story short...there is this midget named Glenn that works at our Goodwill store. He has a habit of going around the mall (and local stores) and hitting on females (no matter how old they are).  When I worked at the mall years ago (about 8 years or so) he came into the store and wouldn't let me alone (even after telling him that I had a boyfriend)...now, he comes into the store that Beth works at and hits on her too. He will just stand there and stare at you and like wink....ew. ::)

You's guys want that I see to him?

I got's no issues with beating up midgets...

.. by the by, you's got any cripples or anything you's want beating up, I'd be kind happy if you's did..

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/02/06 at 12:20 am

Midgets need luvin' too

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/02/06 at 12:20 am

Jay set him straight, though. All is well.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/02/06 at 12:24 am

Midgets need luvin' too

I don't deny that...it's just the tactics that he used...and then wouldn't ease up when told that I wasn't interested.

Jay set him straight, though. All is well.

Good...it's about time!! ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/02/06 at 12:26 am

Midgets need luvin' too

Good then. He'll be happy to know someone's finally interested.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/02/06 at 12:29 am

Good then. He'll be happy to know someone's finally interested.

:P You're in quite the mood tonight

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/02/06 at 12:30 am

:P You're in quite the mood tonight

EH?! WANNA COME OVER HERE AND SAY THAT!? I AM NOT IN A BAD MOOD, DAMMIT, I'LL SLAUGHTER YOU!

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/02/06 at 12:32 am

I'm scared. :( :(

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/02/06 at 12:33 am

I'm scared. :( :(

Bitch, PLEASE!

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/02/06 at 1:44 am

I'm not too fussed about things like height. Probably average (between 5'2" and about 5'10")...I'm not one of those guys who feels awkward dating taller women (well, not THAT awkward)...but if she's a real knockout, then things like that don't matter.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/02/06 at 1:59 am

Being short I don't have much choice but to go taller (in most cases - especially as most girls I've been attracted to are either just a bit or quite alot taller than myself)

Probably around 4'0 to 5'10 or 5'12

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/02/06 at 4:16 am

I love tall men! I'm 5'2 and dating short guys for me is awkward. They would have to be at least 6'0 for me to consider them. However, if I had a shot at the guy in my avatar (who's about 5'7) I would change my mind.

Written By: mandamoo on 04/02/06 at 4:31 am

I have nothing against taller men - but I much prefer them to be around my height. Shorter men are cuter (IMO) and everything is much easier to access  8) :D ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/02/06 at 4:33 am

I have nothing against taller men - but I much prefer them to be around my height. Shorter men are cuter (IMO) and everything is much easier to access  8) :D ;)

I'm sure those things are easier to access. But, I enjoy the climb!

Written By: mandamoo on 04/02/06 at 4:35 am

I'm sure those things are easier to access. But, I enjoy the climb!

I do enough climbing at work - on ladders and stuff  ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/02/06 at 6:42 am

Between 5'5 - 5'10

Written By: La Roche on 04/02/06 at 10:28 am

or 5'12

So.. 6 foot  ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/02/06 at 2:15 pm

I love tall men! I'm 5'2 and dating short guys for me is awkward. They would have to be at least 6'0 for me to consider them. However, if I had a shot at the guy in my avatar (who's about 5'7) I would change my mind.

Psssh.  If you can say that and its okay then its alright for me to say I will only date a women with DD cup breasts.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/02/06 at 2:16 pm

Bless you, angel.  Too bad theres not more women like you around. :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/02/06 at 5:02 pm

Psssh.  If you can say that and its okay then its alright for me to say I will only date a women with DD cup breasts.

That would be fine for you, El, if that's your preference. Date what you prefer!! I married what I was attracted to!!  ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/02/06 at 5:36 pm

That would be fine for you, El, if that's your preference. Date what you prefer!! I married what I was attracted to!!  ;)

Well as long as you're fair about it.  Its just that like on dating sites i see a lot of preference among women for these tall guys, but I wonder how some of them would react if I said I'd only date women with really big breasts.. Then again small breasts can be augmented; do you know any way I can get taller? ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/02/06 at 5:37 pm

Once again, 5'7" and proud. :)

Well as long as you're fair about it.  Its just that like on dating sites i see a lot of preference among women for these tall guys, but I wonder how some of them would react if I said I'd only date women with really big breasts.. Then again small breasts can be augmented; do you know any way I can get taller? ;)

You know what, not that I think about it- its not a fair reason to exclude a guy.  Because like I said here, small breasts could be augmented if the woman really wanted- is there any way I could get taller?  I could work out, and get in better shape, but I can't get taller.  Now that I really think about it preferring tall guys, is kind of like preferring a certain race, because you can't change that either.

I'm really depressed now.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/02/06 at 6:59 pm

I agree, Tanya. I mean, yes, I would prefer someone who's about 6' or taller because that's just what I'm attracted to. BUT, that wouldn't be my defining factor when choosing a mate. They obviously need a personality to go with it. So, if you can get the full package and be lucky enough to get it, then that's great.

I think you and I got lucky because we both got our preference in tall men and they both have the personalities we wanted in someone. Sometimes you're just THAT lucky  :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/02/06 at 7:01 pm

Short guys rule.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/02/06 at 7:03 pm

Short guys rule.

And tall men, and short women and tall women.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/02/06 at 7:05 pm

Tuts..this thread is about height Alex  ::) ;D ::)

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/02/06 at 7:06 pm

Women with DD breasts are just my preference.. :D

Tuts..this thread is about height Alex  ::) ;D ::)

I'm SICK and TIRED of being discriminated against  :\'(

You have no idea how deeply it hurts..

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/02/06 at 7:08 pm

I'm starting to not feel sympathy anymore..

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/02/06 at 7:09 pm

So start a thread about your preferences in those departments then    ;D ;D

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/02/06 at 7:09 pm

I think a lot of people have different things they're attracted to. There's a huge difference in having that sort of preference and being prejudiced. For example: "I prefer dating tall guys." Okay, fair enough. There's a huge difference in saying that and saying "Short guys have no reason to live." The first is just a preference, whatever, it's a personal thing. The second is unfounded and blatant prejudice. In fact, even in the factor of race that's been brought up, I think some people do find themselves attracted to a certain race sometimes. Others don't. It's all good. You can't really do anything about what you find attractive. For your example of breast size - you're allowed to express that sort of preference if it's what you hold. If other people aren't thrilled when you express that preference, then whatever, but you're allowed to have it. Most people worth dating, as Ultraviolet stated, have preferences that aren't so rigid that they will keep the good ones away on the basis of a more superficial quality anyway, so one's initial preferences will not always be the sole dictation. For example - a man 6'2" with the personality of a radish is probably going to turn off a lot of people, whereas a man 5'5" with a big heart and completely compatible personality may draw notice from a woman who normally prefers taller men. So while we all have some preferences on some issues, they're not the be all and end all, so I think everyone should try not to take too much offense when folks say they prefer one thing or another.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/02/06 at 7:11 pm

I think a lot of people have different things they're attracted to. There's a huge difference in having that sort of preference and being prejudiced. For example: "I prefer dating tall guys." Okay, fair enough. There's a huge difference in saying that and saying "Short guys have no reason to live." The first is just a preference, whatever, it's a personal thing. The second is unfounded and blatant prejudice. In fact, even in the factor of race that's been brought up, I think some people do find themselves attracted to a certain race sometimes. Others don't. It's all good. You can't really do anything about what you find attractive. For your example of breast size - you're allowed to express that sort of preference if it's what you hold. If other people aren't thrilled when you express that preference, then whatever, but you're allowed to have it. Most people worth dating, as Ultraviolet stated, have preferences that aren't so rigid that they will keep the good ones away on the basis of a more superficial quality anyway, so one's initial preferences will not always be the sole dictation. For example - a man 6'2" with the personality of a radish is probably going to turn off a lot of people, whereas a man 5'5" with a big heart and completely compatible personality may draw notice from a woman who normally prefers taller men. So while we all have some preferences on some issues, they're not the be all and end all, so I think everyone should try not to take too much offense when folks say they prefer one thing or another.

Thank you! :0)

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/02/06 at 7:12 pm

I know.. its just.. still, it hurts.  I come from a family of tall guys and I feel like I've been f*cked over.

God it makes me feel so inaddequate around them too, I feel like a kid.  Then they make jokes about it "you're tiny lolz" and I'm like dude, shut the f*ck up.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/02/06 at 7:14 pm

Edited

You're completely right of course Mr Windbreaker - good show!!  :)
It really is all down to personality compatability.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/02/06 at 7:15 pm

I know.. its just.. still, it hurts.  I come from a family of tall guys and I feel like I've been f*cked over.

It doesn't mean you've stopped growing. My cousin and his father both were still growing well into their 20's. My cousin Jesse was like only 5'5'' when he left here when he was 17 years old, now he's just a little over 6'. So, you still have some time. Don't give up just yet.

And if you don't get any taller, that doesn't mean anything is wrong with you.. forget about your family. None of that should count. I'm the shortest in all of my family and I ain't complaining. *sorry for the hick talk*

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/02/06 at 7:45 pm

I agree, Tanya. I mean, yes, I would prefer someone who's about 6' or taller because that's just what I'm attracted to. BUT, that wouldn't be my defining factor when choosing a mate. They obviously need a personality to go with it. So, if you can get the full package and be lucky enough to get it, then that's great.

I think you and I got lucky because we both got our preference in tall men and they both have the personalities we wanted in someone. Sometimes you're just THAT lucky  :)

That is exactly what it is all about!

There are tall men who are great and those that are really sh@tty! I got a good deal!

El, always remember that tits sag after a certain period of time! lol! So by all means enjoy them now!!!  ;) Now if we are being cheeky, I could discuss another size issue j/k.  :D But I'll stick to height! lol

Love yourself for who you are, not what other people think or dictate.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/02/06 at 8:13 pm

^ Exactly, but I have to say I always seem to be drawn to taller men.

Written By: Apricot on 04/02/06 at 8:17 pm

I got over it.. I'm the shortest in my circle of friends... it sucks, and people don't find me so attractive.. but just focus on all the things you DO have going for you.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/02/06 at 10:47 pm

S'okay.  It doesn't matter, I guess.

Besides... I can get lifts in my shoes. ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/02/06 at 10:54 pm

Being short I don't have much choice but to go taller (in most cases - especially as most girls I've been attracted to are either just a bit or quite alot taller than myself)

Oh, you mean 6 feet?!  :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/02/06 at 11:05 pm

Psht, I don't care about anything in particular about them, psysically.

Just how they are all put together.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/03/06 at 7:27 am

4'0"

That's short...

Written By: La Roche on 04/03/06 at 9:00 am

4'0"

That's short...

.. pigtails?

Written By: Gis on 04/03/06 at 9:05 am

Cuban heels !
Actually there is a process for making people taller that i watched on T.V but it is agonising and can only be done on adolecents. It involves breaking the bone and putting in pins that extend and every week they turn the screw and extend it a little..............

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/03/06 at 9:09 am

Cuban heels !
Actually there is a process for making people taller that i watched on T.V but it is agonising and can only be done on adolecents. It involves breaking the bone and putting in pins that extend and every week they turn the screw and extend it a little..............

Actually what about PRINCE   

he's a very sexy shorter man, key is he oozes confidence and belief in himself.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/03/06 at 9:16 am

I like your sense of humour  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/03/06 at 2:13 pm

Cuban heels !

I read about that. That guy from Weezer, Rivers Cuomo, had a problem with one of his legs that needed to make one of the legs longer to equal the other leg's length and he went through that same process. He was supposedly in excrutiating pain. My grandmother has one leg shorter than the other because of a bad case of Scarlett fever she had gotten when she was young.

Written By: Howard on 04/03/06 at 4:18 pm

Midgets need luvin' too

So you'd date a midget?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/03/06 at 4:19 pm

So you'd date a midget?

Is that Bridget?

Written By: Step-chan on 04/03/06 at 4:25 pm

Height does not matter to me.

Heck as long as she has a pulse, I'm good to go.   :P

Me too, me too.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/03/06 at 4:51 pm

Me too, me too.

NO. NO. you must aim higher than that!!

Written By: Howard on 04/03/06 at 4:53 pm

Is that Bridget?

I don't know

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/03/06 at 4:59 pm

The shortest would have to be at least my height (5'9")...

I've generally always gone for tall men...but I think the tallest I'd want to date would be about 6'3" ...

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/03/06 at 6:51 pm

You should always go for a good Goal Shoot height!

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/03/06 at 8:06 pm

You see, when men are desperate they will take the free throws.. :P

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/03/06 at 8:19 pm

So.. 6 foot  ;)
Probably...  ::)

Written By: Step-chan on 04/04/06 at 2:13 pm

I just meant height, I'm not picky about height. ;)

Of course, now it makes me look like I would date a zombie, by the way this post response is. :o ::)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/04/06 at 2:16 pm

^ nah it doesn't  :)

I just think people should look for someone who walks tall regardless of their actual physical height

Written By: Step-chan on 04/04/06 at 2:19 pm

^ nah it doesn't  :)

I just think people should look for someone who walks tall regardless of their actual physical height

Walks tall, in what way? ???

I should have deleted part of Lyricboy's post when I replied to it, that would have made it look better.

;)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/04/06 at 2:23 pm

Walks tall, in what way? ???

I should have deleted part of Lyricboy's post when I replied to it, that would have made it look better.

;)

Well when you feel confident and content in your own skin (there's another metaphor   ;D  you kind of 'walk tall'

Is it a metaphor??

waits for Jeff to clarify

Written By: Step-chan on 04/04/06 at 2:25 pm

Well when you feel confident and content in your own skin (there's another metaphor   ;D  you kind of 'walk tall'

Is it a metaphor??

waits for Jeff to clarify

Oh, okay. :)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/04/06 at 4:22 pm

Oh, okay. :)

Mind you I hope 'your eyes are not bigger than your belly'  ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/04/06 at 4:24 pm

5'- 5'5

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/05/06 at 12:36 am

Mind you I hope 'your eyes are not bigger than your belly'   ;D ;D

Usuallly I think of someone who walks confident as walking without slumping, without a slow stride and their head not above in the air, but just at a normal eye to eye position. Also, sometimes when people walk duck-footed, it comes off as sort of sloppy. If people walk with straight feet forward, it seems to make a more powerful statement.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/05/06 at 1:54 pm

Mind you I hope 'your eyes are not bigger than your belly'   ;D ;D

Huh? ???

Written By: Howard on 04/05/06 at 4:05 pm

http://bezz.homelinux.com/chops/midgets.jpg

Anyone interested in having a midget girlfriend?  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...