inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My English?

Written By: imadick on 04/03/06 at 2:47 am

Hi friends,
  Recently i was told by someone that my english was ok, but the posts i made here many of them dint make sense, so i am sort off curious about it. i wanted to know something
      check out all my posts if you can spare few minutes
                    http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5911;sa=showPosts
And please tell me how good or bad my english is, i havent really used any punctuations, also one more thing that you all should know before commenting on my language skills, that is i am an Indian and Our national language is Hindi, and every state in our country has differnt language's, and English is a language which we learn in school. And it turns out to be a trend now in India to talk in English.
          I would really be thankfull to you all, if you all could comment on this, and correct me :)

Subject: Re: My English?

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/03/06 at 7:26 am

Dude (how I hate using that Americanism lol), there are people here who can't even spell 'spell'...you're actually one of the better ones. Well, just kidding everyone, I was more referring to netspeak in general. I don't know what you mean that you don't use any punctuation  ???...a comma is punctuation, isn't it? And 'dint' is not a word - it is didn't meaning did - not. But overall, not bad, but there's always room for improvement.

Written By: Apricot on 04/03/06 at 2:25 pm

Dude.. I had no clue you weren't from America.. whoa.

That's so damn fine English, son.

Written By: Abix on 04/03/06 at 2:40 pm

Your use of the English language is fine. Advanced, even,  considering  it's a second language to you. I would suggest  one thing to you , friend.  Don't worry so much about what others think of you.  As we say in the states, "Who gives a  S**T what others think" . Just be yourself. Cheers and here's some Karma for you. (Karma originated in India I believe :P )

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/03/06 at 5:57 pm

well, off should be of, in this case...

and you need to put apostrophe's (') in haven't, didn't, etc.

But I'm not gonna bug you about it.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/03/06 at 8:05 pm

When I read my son's posts on these boards I am appalled.His spelling and
punctuation are atrocious and English is his only language.Your posts may
not be grammatically correct or punctuated correctly but they are understandable,
so they are OK by me.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/03/06 at 8:25 pm

Hi friends, recently is said me to someone that my English was right, but from the starter shafts here I have rendered many of they the dint to have the meant one, so as to they are species outside of onlooker to this purpose I have wished to know that something the control towards the outside all my starter shafts if you can save little minuteren http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5911;sa=showPosts and you want dirmi how much good ones or Badly the my English is, havent of really used all the punctuations, also one new thing who all you would have to know before commenting my abilities of language, that is I is an Indian and our national language is Hindi and every condition in our country has  language of differnt and English is a language which we learn to school.  And hour tendency in India turns out to be one to communicate in English.  I would really be thankfull to you all, if all you could comment this and I would correct it  :)

It's fine.  ;)

Written By: imadick on 04/04/06 at 2:00 am

Thanx for the comments, and corrections and all, i guess i started a huge english grammar talk coz of this thread of mine hahaha.  ::)
  and ABIX as for karma, what i know iws karma means = (Hinduism and Buddhism) the effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation.

I dont know if it orignated in India, even though i am from India, i have only heard of it and i dont know the origin of it  :-\\

And Abix, its not that i worry about it much, but you know english is a language that interests me more than any other language, even thouh my written english is bad, as far as what i know i guess i speak well.
  And just so that all who commented and corrected me may know this ,,,, i have to tell you, My mother tounge is Malayalam, the language spoken in Kerala a state in India, our National language is Hindi and i know few more languages, out of all this and compare to all the languages i know, i know english far better than my own mother tounge, or our National language which we ususally use to communicate here in India,
  Thanx again all,

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/04/06 at 8:47 am

Come over the Australia...speaking English badly is a national pastime...so you'll never feel out of place  :D

Written By: imadick on 04/04/06 at 10:15 am

Come over the Australia...speaking English badly is a national pastime...so you'll never feel out of place  :D

I have thought of it, i mean Australia hmmm, i was planning to do my further studies there  ???...
But now my plans took a turn around 3 years back, coz i would now prefer to go to USA (MN)
  ;)      ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...