inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Longest inthe00s posting marathon?

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/04/06 at 12:31 pm

Got on at about 9:30pm local time, and its 1:30am now (so that's about 4 hours of continuous posting)...time certainly goes by. I was actually in a bit of a slump in the past few days (yet I've maintained my longest stretch of days of not missing a post; 42)...but today I've posted about 80 (I've lost count)...my highest for any single day (do any of you keep such records?). Not including breaks.etc what is your record?

Subject: Re: Longest inthe00s posting marathon?

Written By: nally on 04/04/06 at 12:40 pm

Well...there have been times when I've made over 100 posts in one day. I think I've made 200 posts on at least one day or two..

Written By: whistledog on 04/04/06 at 12:44 pm

I have't really kept track.

Last night, I was logged in here from about 9pm til 4am.  I didn't post much, I pretty much just lurked around the forum, or hit the arcade.  I do that alot now.  In my early days, I'd post like a maniac.  I've probably did a little over 100 posts in one day

Written By: nally on 04/04/06 at 12:46 pm

I think the latest time I ever posted was 2 AM local time. The earliest was approximately 5:40 AM.

As for the highest number of posts I ever made in one day, I haven't kept track of that. I'd have to thumb through my post log, and that'd be tedious; I don't have time to do that. But I do think it's around 200.

Written By: Apricot on 04/04/06 at 3:32 pm

Most of my posts are around the 8 to 10 PM area.. I also have a few in the 6-7 AM and 3-4 area.. right before and after school. Weekends are different.

My biggest posting marathon was Thanksgiving of last year (That'd be 2004's Thanksgiving)... it was just me, my friend's computer, a good connection, a big bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, 13 Hours Until I Had To Be Home For The Meal, and my friend was unconscious... got to bed late, slept very late into the afternoon. I posted at least 300 in one half-day period.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/04/06 at 5:26 pm

Got on at about 9:30pm local time, and its 1:30am now (so that's about 4 hours of continuous posting)...time certainly goes by. I was actually in a bit of a slump in the past few days (yet I've maintained my longest stretch of days of not missing a post; 42)...but today I've posted about 80 (I've lost count)...my highest for any single day (do any of you keep such records?). Not including breaks.etc what is your record?

4 Hours. Heh, amateur *snickers*

Written By: Morton on 04/04/06 at 5:28 pm

I usually post on and off between 4pm and 2am weekdays, and on and off all day weekends

School holidays is when I post more, partly due to the fact I have more time

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/05/06 at 4:15 am

I'm thinking of giving a whole weekend to the purpose of doubling my post count (from 1167 to about 2300). That's 1100 posts in 3 days. Think I can do it? Do I have any challenges?

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/05/06 at 4:16 am

I'm thinking of giving a whole weekend to the purpose of doubling my post count (from 1167 to about 2300). That's 1100 posts in 3 days. Think I can do it? Do I have any challenges?

I'm sure anyone with that much time could do it. Don't ask me why anyone would, though.

Written By: nally on 04/06/06 at 11:10 pm

Let's see...that would be approximately 367 in one day (rounding to the nearest whole number)... or 15+ in one hour (may be higher, depending on how many hours in a day you'd devote to this). Maybe you could. One idea is to make some posts in the PBG's. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/06 at 1:12 am

Let's see...that would be approximately 367 in one day (rounding to the nearest whole number)... or 15+ in one hour (may be higher, depending on how many hours in a day you'd devote to this). Maybe you could. One idea is to make some posts in the PBG's. ;)
I have never keep a record like that, but it still could be work out. Though I am will to go for it!

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/07/06 at 7:33 am

That's what I was thinking. I know it's sort of taking the easy way. You could easily post at least a post a minute in the PBG; and there are 60x10 = 600. So you could technically post 600 message in a 10 hour period!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/06 at 11:16 am

I have just started a marathon now, currently on 57334 posts.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/06 at 1:32 pm

101 posts in 2 hours and 16 minutes?

Written By: nally on 04/07/06 at 11:06 pm

That's what I was thinking. I know it's sort of taking the easy way. You could easily post at least a post a minute in the PBG; and there are 60x10 = 600. So you could technically post 600 message in a 10 hour period!

I sure could! That is, if I didn't take a break.

I gotta catch up to Phil, though. Maybe I should bring my radio into the room and post the songs I listen to on "What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?"

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/06 at 12:40 am

I sure could! That is, if I didn't take a break.

I gotta catch up to Phil, though. Maybe I should bring my radio into the room and post the songs I listen to on "What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?"
...and plates of food?

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/08/06 at 3:21 am

...and plates of food?

I just list down all the songs I have in my itunes collection...regardless of whether I'm listening to them or not. So I could post 4,500 song titles just on that alone...

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/06 at 3:43 am

I just list down all the songs I have in my itunes collection...regardless of whether I'm listening to them or not. So I could post 4,500 song titles just on that alone...
I do list the actual song I am here, like now The Kinks' Waterloo Sunset has just finished.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/06 at 11:09 am

In a space of 24 hours I have 57788 - 57334 = 454 posts. I could do with a rest.

Written By: nally on 04/08/06 at 6:17 pm

My primary source of listening to music is the radio. And often times when I'm on the 'puter, I'm not listening to one. That's mostly because I'm on a public computer...and there are a couple of localities with public computers in which I hear Muzak playing; that's my secondary source of hearing music. And when I'm at home, like I am right now, the radio is not in the same room as the computer, so I have to turn it up so I can hear it in the next room. Either that or I could bring the radio into the room.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/06 at 2:53 am

My primary source of listening to music is the radio. And often times when I'm on the 'puter, I'm not listening to one. That's mostly because I'm on a public computer...and there are a couple of localities with public computers in which I hear Muzak playing; that's my secondary source of hearing music. And when I'm at home, like I am right now, the radio is not in the same room as the computer, so I have to turn it up so I can hear it in the next room. Either that or I could bring the radio into the room.
How about a personal listening system like iPods?

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/09/06 at 7:10 am

Right now I can hear Daniel Powter's 'Bad Day' playing in my sister's room...

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/06 at 7:11 am

Right now I can hear Daniel Powter's 'Bad Day' playing in my sister's room...

I usually get James Blunt coming from next door.

Written By: nally on 04/09/06 at 4:12 pm

How about a personal listening system like iPods?

I ain't got one of those, sorry. :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 04/09/06 at 4:14 pm

You could always listen to mp3's through your computer?

Written By: nally on 04/09/06 at 4:16 pm

You could always listen to mp3's through your computer?

I don't have any of those, sorry. :-\\

Written By: nally on 04/21/06 at 5:10 pm

*BUMP*

I think I may be on my longest posting marathon right now, having been at the 'puter for 2 1/2 straight hours; in addition, this is the 116th post I've made since I logged in today.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 8:34 pm

*BUMP*

I think I may be on my longest posting marathon right now, having been at the 'puter for 2 1/2 straight hours; in addition, this is the 116th post I've made since I logged in today.

Good work nally. I think I've cracked 100 posts a day not long ago, but the record I'm sure of is 87 posts in a 24-hour period.

Written By: nally on 04/22/06 at 2:09 am

Good work nally. I think I've cracked 100 posts a day not long ago, but the record I'm sure of is 87 posts in a 24-hour period.

There've been a few times in the past when I've made 100 or more posts in one day. In fact, there may have been a 200-post day for me one time, but I don't remember when that was.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/06 at 2:14 am

I am going for it today, to reach the 60,000 I will have to do 392 posts for the day and I am going for it!

Written By: nally on 04/22/06 at 2:18 am

I am going for it today, to reach the 60,000 I will have to do 392 posts for the day and I am going for it!

It's probably gonna be June before I reach that milestone :-[

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/06 at 2:27 am

It's probably gonna be June before I reach that milestone :-[
When you are on a gap year from university work and you are stuck at home, other than reading or watching TV, what else is there to do?

Written By: nally on 04/22/06 at 2:42 am

When you are on a gap year from university work and you are stuck at home, other than reading or watching TV, what else is there to do?

Well, there is a possibility of visiting other sites (in addition to this one). :-\\ I dunno

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/06 at 2:43 am

Well, there is a possibility of visiting other sites (in addition to this one). :-\\ I dunno
I am part time on four other boards but this is home for me.

Written By: nally on 04/22/06 at 2:51 am

I am part time on four other boards but this is home for me.

This is the only discussion forum I belong to.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/22/06 at 2:58 am

Go for it...I'll give you three karma points if you do it by midnight local time...

It's nearly 4pm now and I'm on 1861, and at 9:30pm last night I was on 1757...That's 104 posts in less than 18 hours!!

Written By: nally on 04/22/06 at 3:01 am

Go for it...I'll give you three karma points if you do it by midnight local time...

It's nearly 4pm now and I'm on 1861, and at 9:30pm last night I was on 1757...That's 104 posts in less than 18 hours!!

I don't think you can give more than one karma point to the same person in the same 24 hour period; I tried that once and I couldn't do it. Right after I make this post I'll give you one karma point.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/06 at 3:03 am

For the record it is now 9am (UK Time) and I have 15 hours to do it in.

Written By: nally on 04/22/06 at 3:05 am

For the record it is now 9am (UK Time) and I have 15 hours to do it in.

It is now 1 AM (California time) and I need to say good night.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/06 at 3:06 am

Sleep well, pleasant dreams and you find yourself dreaming of songs alphabetically.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/22/06 at 3:08 am

I don't think you can give more than one karma point to the same person in the same 24 hour period; I tried that once and I couldn't do it. Right after I make this post I'll give you one karma point.

You can only karma once in 24 hours...but I was planning on doing it three days in succession.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/22/06 at 3:09 am

You're just not dedicated enough!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/06 at 3:09 am

You can only karma once in 24 hours...but I was planning on doing it three days in succession.
All in all thanks.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/22/06 at 11:32 am

Let the inane postings begin!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/06 at 11:35 am

Let the inane postings begin!!
I started back at 8:30 this morning!

Written By: La Roche on 04/22/06 at 11:43 am

Well, yesterday would be my longest, although it was interspersed.

I talk to people on AIM, MSN throughout the day so I am often online, but not here.
That being said, yesterday, I logged on at about 10:30 and didn't log off until about 12:00PM.

However, in that time, I went out for lunch and dinner, did my laundry, had a good 10 mile bike ride, etc..etc.

I would say, through the day I clocked about 8 hours  :o

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/22/06 at 11:48 am

I started back at 8:30 this morning!

Yes I'd noticed you here, is this a competition or something to post a massive amount?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/06 at 12:03 pm

Yes I'd noticed you here, is this a competition or something to post a massive amount?
There is no competition here, just a personal quest.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/22/06 at 12:04 pm

There is no competition here, just a personal quest.

Pure entertainment huh!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/06 at 12:07 pm

Pure entertainment huh!!
Nothing much else to do...?

Written By: nally on 04/22/06 at 7:21 pm

You're just not dedicated enough!

Says you! I cannot be on the 'puter twenty-four-seven; I have important things in life to take care of, in addition to being on here. What I need to do really is figure out how to budget my time better.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/27/06 at 8:33 pm

I believe my record's about 125 posts in a 24-hour period...

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/07/07 at 1:55 am

Best achieved 470 posts in a 24 hour period, but then 3 were deleted.

Written By: nally on 12/07/07 at 12:12 pm

I know I've made >200 posts in a 24-hour period on numerous occasions, but I haven't kept track of exactly how many.

Btw, thanks for bumping this thread, Philip O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/07/07 at 12:30 pm

My usual input for a day is 250 to 300 on a good day.

Written By: nally on 12/07/07 at 1:29 pm

My usual input for a day when I'm not on the computer very long is anywhere from 0 to 20.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/07/07 at 2:08 pm

I have already exceded the amount for my usual day.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/07 at 6:05 am

I have already exceded the amount for my usual day.
It seems that as each day moves on, I excede more and more.

Written By: nally on 01/17/08 at 3:35 pm

Okay, I think I've just made one of my longest posting marathons today...I have been on line for almost three hours and am about to make my 175th post for the day!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/08 at 3:36 pm

Yesterday I was online all day and achieved over 500 posts, today is not so bad.

Written By: nally on 01/18/08 at 12:01 am

^wow wee...that's an awful lotta posts in one day. :o I don't think I've ever made half that many posts in one 24-hour span before.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/08 at 1:58 am

^wow wee...that's an awful lotta posts in one day. :o I don't think I've ever made half that many posts in one 24-hour span before.
Today will not be so great a figure.

Written By: nally on 01/18/08 at 11:05 am

Today will not be so great a figure.

Why is that? Will you be away from the computer for a while?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/08 at 12:22 pm

Why is that? Will you be away from the computer for a while?
I will try to, but you never know, you always end up back online.

Written By: Midas on 01/18/08 at 12:29 pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/djmidas96/133310__george_l.jpg

Written By: nally on 01/18/08 at 12:38 pm

erm...Seinfeld? ??? ::)

I will try to, but you never know, you always end up back online.

yes, this place can be very addictive!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/08 at 12:40 pm

..it becomes a way of life.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/08 at 9:02 am

Yesterday for a change I achieved only half a day online.

Written By: nally on 02/21/08 at 7:22 pm

I think I may have achieved one of my longest posting marathons today. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/08 at 2:55 am

I think I may have achieved one of my longest posting marathons today. :o
How long was it?

Written By: Howard on 02/22/08 at 10:05 am

How long is a marathon?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/08 at 12:16 pm

How long is a marathon?
In athletics, 42.195 kilometres or 26 miles 385 yards.

Written By: nally on 03/17/08 at 3:59 pm

In athletics, 42.195 kilometres or 26 miles 385 yards.

26 miles and 385 yards...that makes sense, as the L.A. Marathon from 2 weeks ago covered that distance.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/08 at 4:58 am

26 miles and 385 yards...that makes sense, as the L.A. Marathon from 2 weeks ago covered that distance.
The marathon at the 1908 Summer Olympics in London was set to measure about 25 miles (40 km) and to start on ‘The Long Walk’ – a magnificent avenue leading up to Windsor Castle in the grounds of Windsor Great Park. The Princess of Wales wanted her children to watch the start of the race, so the start of the race was moved to the east lawn of Windsor Castle, increasing its length to 26 miles (42 kmThe race was to finish at the Great White City Stadium in Shepherd's Bush in London; however, Queen Alexandra insisted on having the best view of the finish; so, in the words of the official Olympic report, "385 yards were run on the cinder track to the finish, below the Royal Box". The length then became 42.195 km (26 miles 385 yards or 26 7⁄32 miles).

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/31/08 at 2:29 am

The marathon at the 1908 Summer Olympics in London was set to measure about 25 miles (40 km) and to start on ‘The Long Walk’ – a magnificent avenue leading up to Windsor Castle in the grounds of Windsor Great Park. The Princess of Wales wanted her children to watch the start of the race, so the start of the race was moved to the east lawn of Windsor Castle, increasing its length to 26 miles (42 kmThe race was to finish at the Great White City Stadium in Shepherd's Bush in London; however, Queen Alexandra insisted on having the best view of the finish; so, in the words of the official Olympic report, "385 yards were run on the cinder track to the finish, below the Royal Box". The length then became 42.195 km (26 miles 385 yards or 26 7⁄32 miles).

That's interesting! It shows how we keep traditions and conventions that make absolutely no sense...

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/08 at 2:36 am

That's interesting! It shows how we keep traditions and conventions that make absolutely no sense...
This has made an awfully long-distance race even longer to run!

Written By: nally on 04/07/08 at 3:29 pm

I might have had one of my longest posting marathons today, as I have already made a whopping 220 posts today alone! :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/08 at 3:31 pm

Since 7:30 this morning (now 9:30pm) and with a break this morning of two hours or so, I have made 420 posts today.

Written By: Howard on 04/07/08 at 4:34 pm

Since 7:30 this morning (now 9:30pm) and with a break this morning of two hours or so, I have made 420 posts today.

Incredible.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/08 at 4:35 pm

I have done better, but now I feel the strain of it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/08 at 2:05 am

For the record I finished up with 480 posts for the day.

Written By: nally on 04/08/08 at 12:03 pm

I should say so... I guess if I had nothing better to do on a given day, maybe I could shoot for that target.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/08 at 12:05 pm

I should say so... I guess if I had nothing better to do on a given day, maybe I could shoot for that target.
I felt horrid at the end of it all, but at that time it was time for bed.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/11/08 at 2:38 am

For the record I finished up with 480 posts for the day.
:o you deserve the platinum medal for that

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/11/08 at 3:25 am

:o you deserve the platinum medal for that
...and a prescription for bed rest!

Written By: nally on 05/13/08 at 10:33 pm

...and a prescription for bed rest!

something I definitely needed after finishing my final yesterday!

and I'll undoubtedly need some more after finishing up this paper which I have been working on this evening.

And then I might go for another posting marathon if I'm up to it...

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/16/08 at 5:45 am

something I definitely needed after finishing my final yesterday!

and I'll undoubtedly need some more after finishing up this paper which I have been working on this evening.

And then I might go for another posting marathon if I'm up to it...
You maybe far to exhausted for such a thing?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/11/08 at 5:27 pm

It has been somewhile since I have had a true posting marathon, but one day I shall try for one.

Written By: whistledog on 07/14/08 at 11:12 am

I haven't cared about my post count in quite some time.  In the old days, I used to watch it like crazy to try and get it as high as I could.  Ask me now though, and I'd have no idea how many posts I make per day, etc ... LOL

Written By: nally on 07/20/08 at 12:14 am

This evening I achieved a pretty long posting marathon, making more than 120 posts in just a little over 2 hours. That's roughly 1 post a minute!

Check for new replies or respond here...