inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your Dream House

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/09/06 at 12:31 am

What would it be like?

Mine:

A circular driveway infront with a brick gate/wall but not a tall one, maybe about 5 feet high.  Steps on the front going up to the door, with an ornate double-door for the front entrance(I LOVE these). 

The exterior: White brick, red-tile roof, wrought-iron over the windows.. so basically a Spanish-style house. 

Interior: All hardwood flooring except for a couple of rooms maybe.. Lots of closet space, split-level(1 and a half stories basically), a big kitchen with a large island in the middle and professional quality oven, and a open-air bar with shutters looking out into the living room.  Two living spaces, and a den/study. 4 or 5 bedrooms, and 2 or 3 bathrooms.  I want a BIG master bath with a stand alone bathtub(i.e. not built into the wall), perhaps a large jacuzzi style, a long cabinet with a long mirror, and a big seperate shower.. Also it'd be cool to have one of those nitches in the wall where you can put telephones and such..

Back: It'd be cool if the back of the house made a horseshoe, with a deck on the upper floor and a pool/garden/patio area in the space below(basically like a Villa).

Edit:

almost forgot..

-a four car garage, to the right of the house, and maybe a drive leading from the main one to the back where theres a small guest house(one bedroom combined with a living area, one bath, small kitchenette)

Subject: Re: Your Dream House

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/09/06 at 12:34 am

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=victorian+house/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/;_ylt=A9gnMiR.nDhEssUAj86jzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12e60mvjq/EXP=1144647166/*-http%3A//www.leica-camera.com/discus_e/messages/11/72166.jpg

That....about sums it up. An authentic Painted Lady (Victorian) with hardwood floors, hidden/secret passage rooms, a beautiful garden, and the works....that would be a dream come true.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/09/06 at 12:46 am

:D
http://www.delsjourney.com/images/news/news_02-01-16/2-1186_Slanted_House.jpg
Yes, it's obvious it's on a hill road and the camera was tilted to be in line with the road

But seriously:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/images/2005/04/27/1940s_house_1_225x300.jpg
Something of this style would be nice. I'm not too picky as long as it has a good sized deck/porchway, good sized gardens, good sized rooms (not too big, not too small) and is warm/energy efficient.

As far as modern houses go: Something large, with "indoor/outdoor flow" (as they call it) and lots of windows. Natural claddings (timber, stone, brick etc) and natural colours and tones.
http://www.christiesgreatestates.com/images/prop_images/dunem_6750_p1.jpg

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/09/06 at 12:57 am

Don't really care too much about the house ... i'd like it to be fairly big, but not mansion-big.  I want to own a forest.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/09/06 at 7:23 am

Probably an enormous glass dome (about the size of a rocket hangar) at the very bottom of the ocean, where it is eternally dark. I could watch the etheareal lights of the mysterious deep sea-dwellers like giant squids, vampirefish, and travel to the surface is a orb-like submarine. Every day, submarines would transport food.etc down to my own little world. Now that would be something.

Written By: imadick on 04/09/06 at 7:59 am

Probably an enormous glass dome (about the size of a rocket hangar) at the very bottom of the ocean, where it is eternally dark. I could watch the etheareal lights of the mysterious deep sea-dwellers like giant squids, vampirefish, and travel to the surface is a orb-like submarine. Every day, submarines would transport food.etc down to my own little world. Now that would be something.

I have a good offer for you :) please pm me if interested  ;D
Here are the "blue prints" of our projects
   The first pic is the glass dome, I could not exactly give it a dome look, for technical reasons,
  The second pic is few info i think you might wanna know,
                            Conditions Apply :-

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/09/06 at 8:12 am

I have a good offer for you :) please pm me if interested  ;D
Here are the "blue prints" of our projects
  The first pic is the glass dome, I could not exactly give it a dome look, for technical reasons,
  The second pic is few info i think you might wanna know,
                            Conditions Apply :-

Oh money would be no objection. You see, I'm a rich tycoon - my business is mining on the moon - and I would more than be able to pay for it. Hmmm...I'll may be able to drop by to pay for it sometime tommorow. Would Gold Bullion be an acceptable payment?. Let me see if I can squeeze it between my business lunch with Bill Gates and that private rendezvious with Eva Longora at her mansion...

Written By: Apricot on 04/09/06 at 10:46 am

It would be Ultra-Modernist in design, like something by the Bauhaus school.. I've always loved that stuff.

I'd like a really nice basement that wasn't so modern... hard to put.. imagine a really nice rec room..

There'd be a pool with a good privacy fence too... and the bedroom would be awesome..

I really don't know how to put what I'm imagining onto paper.. but I can tell you it's really not a big house.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/09/06 at 11:18 am

I want either something like Luke mentioned second (his second picture) in New Jersey, or a Tudor, or a big Frank Lloyd-Wright style urban house in Chicago, sort of Prairie/Craftsman with gorgeous stained glass windows.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/06 at 11:47 am

Just down the road from me is this house, I would not mind living there.

http://www.michaela-flint.de/assets/images/Robbies_House_web.jpg

Written By: imadick on 04/09/06 at 12:13 pm

Oh money would be no objection. You see, I'm a rich tycoon - my business is mining on the moon - and I would more than be able to pay for it. Hmmm...I'll may be able to drop by to pay for it sometime tommorow. Would Gold Bullion be an acceptable payment?. Let me see if I can squeeze it between my business lunch with Bill Gates and that private rendezvious with Eva Longora at her mansion...

Ohh! so you ve got  a tight schedule, well then i would send my "agent" to your place, he would get along with him a detailed info chart, and also we would like to know which ocean & where exactly would you like to have this mansion of yours built or fixed too :p my opinion would be the perfect location would be the Arabian sea and around 80 nautical miles away from "GOA" A union territory in India.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/09/06 at 3:36 pm

Brick townhouse or small detached house, with a patio, and roof deck in a quaint, quiet seaside village. Eash bedroom must have its own bath. It must have a library with a fireplace and large windows for lots of sun front and back(and someone to wash said windows). A front, unenclosed, porch with a swing.  Easy access to the big city.

Written By: Marian on 04/09/06 at 3:51 pm

I think a Victorian style,with walk-in closets,larege bedrooms,a bathroom for each bedroom,window seats,a library,office,studio,balconies,turrets,an attic,a basement,and large yard,with 4 car garage.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/09/06 at 4:39 pm

This house has the room but it does lack "stuff" that I would love:

-A fireplace or woodstove (we were thinking of putting on in but decided against it)
-At least a 2 and 1/2 car garage
-A private backyard with pool and hot tub (we were thinking of putting one in but decided against it)
-A large 2-person jetted bathtub (again, we were thinking of putting one in but decided against it)
-A sauna (first we went from a hot tub, to sauna, to jetted bathtub and now it is back to the sauna-haven't ruled that out yet)
-BIG closets-we did just combined our closet with the closet of the spare bedroom so we have a bigger closet but there isn't one in the other room now.
-Master bath
-Servents (just kidding-we do have a cleaning "crew" who comes in every two weeks to do a bit and I do have my own personal chef  ;) ;D)

Cat

Written By: gemini on 04/09/06 at 7:07 pm

It would be decorated 50s style. Lots of chrome and alot of red. The kitchen would be retro diner style for sure. Here's a cool picture I found. 

Written By: imadick on 04/09/06 at 11:32 pm

and that private rendezvious with Eva Longora at her mansion...

You mean "rendezvous" ?  spellcheck :p

Written By: lorac614 on 04/09/06 at 11:43 pm

My dream home?  One that never needs repairs and cleans itself on a daily basis.

Actually I love my home, it's a Dutch Colonial with 4 bedroom, 3 baths, full basement, 2 car garage, two fireplaces.  Only thing, it was built in 1975 so there are many things (although in perfect working order) I would love to redo, especially my kitchen.

If I were to ever buy a different home, I would love an original Craftsman Style home...with the original porch, leaded glass and built-ins.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/10/06 at 12:24 pm

A really large house, with it's own bowling alley, movie theatre, and all sorts of stuff.

Written By: KKay on 04/10/06 at 12:27 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=victorian+house/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/;_ylt=A9gnMiR.nDhEssUAj86jzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12e60mvjq/EXP=1144647166/*-http%3A//www.leica-camera.com/discus_e/messages/11/72166.jpg

That....about sums it up. An authentic Painted Lady (Victorian) with hardwood floors, hidden/secret passage rooms, a beautiful garden, and the works....that would be a dream come true.

This looks exactly like one that's near my home!! do you know where that picture was taken?

Written By: KKay on 04/10/06 at 12:29 pm

well, here's the view
http://www.homeexchange.com/pictures/37463.jpg

Written By: KKay on 04/10/06 at 12:31 pm

better yet:

http://www.vacationparadise.com/graphics/property_c_343.jpg

Written By: CeeKay on 04/10/06 at 5:42 pm

better yet:

http://www.vacationparadise.com/graphics/property_c_343.jpg

KKay:  We think alike.  I will visit you often.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/10/06 at 6:46 pm

My ideal house would be next door to BOTH Hannah Storm and Lara Spencer.  :P

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/10/06 at 6:56 pm

well, here's the view
http://www.homeexchange.com/pictures/37463.jpg
Love it!  8)

I really can't think of just one single idea of a "dream house". But a house right next to the sea would be very nice.  :D

Written By: CeeKay on 04/10/06 at 8:05 pm

I'm pretty happy with my current house.  There are a few things I'd change if I could go back and build it again (like make my kitchen and garage BIGGER), but overall, I'm happy with

Sounds like you've got it made!  3000 sq. ft. is a nice house.

I could go for about 1500 if it had a wrap-around porch and a view of the ocean.  That's my dream.

Written By: Apricot on 04/10/06 at 8:58 pm

You mean "rendezvous" ?  spellcheck :p

OH SNAP, SON!! Mr. Dick just CALLED YOU OUT!!!!!!

Written By: KKay on 04/10/06 at 9:01 pm

I'm pretty happy with my current house.  There are a few things I'd change if I could go back and build it again (like make my kitchen and garage BIGGER), but overall, I'm happy with

Sounds like you've got it made!  3000 sq. ft. is a nice house.

I could go for about 1500 if it had a wrap-around porch and a view of the ocean.  That's my dream.

I love these houses...they are both from norway...
the land of my people

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/10/06 at 9:45 pm

Some people need to be more creative.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/10/06 at 10:32 pm

This looks exactly like one that's near my home!! do you know where that picture was taken?

I dunno...I just did a search of victorian homes on Yahoo...and this was one that came up.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/11/06 at 12:06 am

Some people need to be more creative.

Erm, care to elaborate?

Written By: jackas on 04/11/06 at 12:31 am

What would it be like?

Mine:

A circular driveway infront with a brick gate/wall but not a tall one, maybe about 5 feet high.  Steps on the front going up to the door, with an ornate double-door for the front entrance(I LOVE these). 

The exterior: White brick, red-tile roof, wrought-iron over the windows.. so basically a Spanish-style house. 

Interior: All hardwood flooring except for a couple of rooms maybe.. Lots of closet space, split-level(1 and a half stories basically), a big kitchen with a large island in the middle and professional quality oven, and a open-air bar with shutters looking out into the living room.  Two living spaces, and a den/study. 4 or 5 bedrooms, and 2 or 3 bathrooms.  I want a BIG master bath with a stand alone bathtub(i.e. not built into the wall), perhaps a large jacuzzi style, a long cabinet with a long mirror, and a big seperate shower.. Also it'd be cool to have one of those nitches in the wall where you can put telephones and such..

Back: It'd be cool if the back of the house made a horseshoe, with a deck on the upper floor and a pool/garden/patio area in the space below(basically like a Villa).

Edit:

almost forgot..

-a four car garage, to the right of the house, and maybe a drive leading from the main one to the back where theres a small guest house(one bedroom combined with a living area, one bath, small kitchenette)

This sounds really similar to my father-in-law's house.  Check it out.  http://www.realtyreel.com/299

Written By: KKay on 04/11/06 at 10:08 am

I hate to think about what I"d like....I know I won't have it.
And I love my house now!

Written By: ktelqueen on 04/11/06 at 10:58 am

This sounds really similar to my father-in-law's house.  Check it out.  http://www.realtyreel.com/299

that's an incredible house..gorgeous!!  :)

Written By: jackas on 04/11/06 at 4:43 pm

that's an incredible house..gorgeous!!  :)

I love the house, but the music almost put me to sleep ;D

I'm sure he'd be thrilled to know you like it! :)

He was going to sell it, but decided not to.  I think it was a good decision.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/12/06 at 12:57 am

I hate to think about what I"d like....I know I won't have it.
And I love my house now!

Your house is great, KK.  You've done good!

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/12/06 at 10:13 am

Oh yeah, I've thought about another dream house idea. King Mina's' Palace of Knosses on Crete...pity it's kind of a ruin now, but I wouldn't mind my own labyrinth and my own minotaur to feed overly boring guests to.

Now THAT would be cool.

Check for new replies or respond here...