inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Summer Activities

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/13/06 at 3:46 pm

OKay, this is my version of the 'other' Hitchhiker's guide, lol

I just thought this would be a good place to talk about certain summer activities since that time of year is nearing. I want to do some things I've never tried before, but I'm scared a bit of how my first experience will be like.

I want to learn how to ride a bike (I know, go ahead and laugh and laugh until it hurts), roller blade and snorkel. Have any of you done all 3 or 2 or 1 of those activities, and if so, do you have any tips?

Any other activiities you want to talk about - feel free :0)

Subject: Re: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Summer Activities

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/13/06 at 3:48 pm

Riding bikes, not good at.  Swimming, definitely not good at.  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/13/06 at 5:11 pm

Learning to ride a bike isn't hard, unless you're a six-year old.

Really, it's just balancing and pedalling.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/13/06 at 5:19 pm

OKay, this is my version of the 'other' Hitchhiker's guide, lol

I want to learn how to ride a bike (I know, go ahead and laugh and laugh until it hurts), roller blade and snorkel. Have any of you done all 3 or 2 or 1 of those activities, and if so, do you have any tips?

They are all easier said than done.  For the first two it's a good idea to invest in helmets, knee pads,elbow pads, gloves, mouthguards, and remove all sense of pride  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/13/06 at 5:25 pm

Well, for me, balance is a problem. I can't even do a turn without feeling dizzy anymore,  ;D

But, I have been driving 3 years and certain mobility issues will probably be easier than before I started driving, like knowing certain timing issues such as when to brake, and so forth.

Also, I was examining a pair of rollerblades at Target and noticed they have a stop thingy on the back. I just can't stand brakes being on the back. I always like to pivot forward to stop myself from rolling, so that's going to be a tough control issue.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/13/06 at 5:26 pm

They are all easier said than done.  For the first two it's a good idea to invest in helmets, knee pads,elbow pads, gloves, mouthguards, and remove all sense of pride  ;D

... and maybe a neck brace, too  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/13/06 at 5:27 pm

Should we fit you up with some stabilisers?

Ohh boy  ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/13/06 at 5:32 pm

Ohh boy  ;D

Seriously though,  you wanna see me try and turn a corner on my skates, it is sooo embarrassing.
I have to do it in a massive arc circle and try not to fall down in front of everybody walking along the promenade    :-
and as I'm attempting this there's always one smart ass skating backwards or skating at full pelt passed me.
   ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/13/06 at 5:37 pm

Seriously though,  you wanna see me try and turn a corner on my skates, it is sooo embarrassing.
I have to do it in a massive arc circle and try not to fall down in front of everybody walking along the promenade    :-[   :-[

Sounds like me on Ice Skates, lol. I can feel your pain.  :\'( Yet, it makes me feel better to not feel like a total whack since others have trouble with it as well.  :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/13/06 at 5:40 pm

I have really bad balance and cordination problems.

Check for new replies or respond here...