inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are you a nerd?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/13/06 at 3:56 pm

I sure am.

Subject: Re: Are you a nerd?

Written By: Step-chan on 04/13/06 at 4:08 pm

That depends....

I've been told by someone else on here that I'm not one, but have the fanboy nature of one(in regards to my anime interest).

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/13/06 at 4:30 pm

Geeky in the way I know too much about films, but not nerdy.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/13/06 at 4:31 pm

I'm obsessive and love learning. But I'm not QUITE a nerd.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/13/06 at 5:30 pm

That's an understatement  ;D

Well, to be honest, I am not like Napoleon Dynamite where I find that numchuck skills are a must have in life. But, I am someone who's sort of a prude when it comes to partying, drinking, and being a wild child. I'd rather be home painting or desiging or creating stuff.. or bumming around on here.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/13/06 at 7:22 pm

I spent all of yesterday scouring the internet for 80's commercial, and last week I got excited when I found an old can of Sunkist from 1986 in my backyard.

I think it's safe to say...Yes I am! ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/13/06 at 7:42 pm

I spent all of yesterday scouring the internet for 80's commercial, and last week I got excited when I found an old can of Sunkist from 1986 in my backyard.

I think it's safe to say...Yes I am! ;D

Very funny  ;D - Good Karma there.. ;)

Written By: Apricot on 04/13/06 at 8:48 pm

I've been told by someone else on here that I'm not one, but have the fanboy nature of one(in regards to my anime interest).

Yes, you do have the "fanboy"-type personality for anime.. but it's not hardcore nerdhood.

I'm not a nerd myself, though I tend to be part of that social group.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/13/06 at 9:32 pm

Not entirely. I was strait-jacketed into the nerd-subculture because I was so uncool at school lol. I do spent an inordinate amount of time on my computer - mainly on the net - I enjoy fantasy/sci-fi (am actually creating my own fantasy world, which is sort of nerdy), writing, philosophy.etc. I haven't really been into PC games in big way for awhile now, don't really have the time.

As for computers-tech, I know the basics of software/hardware: i.e. I can re-install Windows, do most hard-ware tasks, pretty much figure out any basic problem I have with the OS, and I could probably assemble computers without too much problems. I was never really a maths-science sort of person; my interest was more in arts: music, visual arts, writing, poetry.etc, but I merely dabbled in most, although I do plan to write a fantasy novel by the end of this year and get it published internationally...fingers crossed.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/13/06 at 9:44 pm

I look like a nerd, I don't think I am one. Most of the few people that will not do anything to keep me from hanging out with them are nerds, so that's who I try to talk to.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/13/06 at 9:49 pm

Nah, I'm not a nerd.  I'm a little geeky for Batman, but thats about it.

Written By: rich1981 on 04/13/06 at 10:14 pm

Yes, and proud of it.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/13/06 at 10:33 pm

Most well-balanced people have some nerdy aspects, but, eh, for the most part I'd say no.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/13/06 at 10:44 pm

It really depends on the day.  I like classical music and I'm good at math.  But the nerd in me is subtle and doesn't usually rule.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/14/06 at 7:42 am

Just out of curiosity, how many of you self-professed 'nerds' are interested in sport? Because atm there's this interesting TV show called 'Ferds F.C.' where they get a bunch of really awkward nerds and train them to play soccer to play a game against a 'professional team.' It's quite amusing. Even though I'm sort of a nerd, I follow most of the big sports round here; Australian Rules Football (to an almost religious degree), to a lesser extent Cricket, Tennis. I used to be a massive basketball fan as well. I used to play soccer casually once a week, but that kind of stopped. As for organised sport, I played tenpin bowling in league. My average near the end was about 130, as well as nabbing a couple of junior lane records (I bowled a 220, but that's nothing to boast about).

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/14/06 at 7:48 am

nerd also nurd Pronunciation Key:  (n

Written By: Step-chan on 04/14/06 at 1:01 pm

Yes, you do have the "fanboy"-type personality for anime.. but it's not hardcore nerdhood.

I'm not a nerd myself, though I tend to be part of that social group.

There are more blurs in social categories than anyone would think, true that. :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/14/06 at 1:15 pm

Just out of curiosity, how many of you self-professed 'nerds' are interested in sport? Because atm there's this interesting TV show called 'Ferds F.C.' where they get a bunch of really awkward nerds and train them to play soccer to play a game against a 'professional team.' It's quite amusing. Even though I'm sort of a nerd, I follow most of the big sports round here; Australian Rules Football (to an almost religious degree), to a lesser extent Cricket, Tennis. I used to be a massive basketball fan as well. I used to play soccer casually once a week, but that kind of stopped. As for organised sport, I played tenpin bowling in league. My average near the end was about 130, as well as nabbing a couple of junior lane records (I bowled a 220, but that's nothing to boast about).

I don't like any sports at all and I don't consider myself a nerd.

Written By: Howard on 04/14/06 at 2:53 pm

I'm not a nerd.

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/14/06 at 2:55 pm

Not really.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/14/06 at 4:21 pm

It really depends on the day.  I like classical music and I'm good at math.  But the nerd in me is subtle and doesn't usually rule.

I love classical music. I'm so so at math, so part of me never feels like a total nerd.

Check for new replies or respond here...