inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sibling Rivalry?

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/16/06 at 9:15 pm

Have you ever experienced it and if so to what degree? Got any stories? ???

I'll start: I have an older brother and we actually get along most of the time. He's 5 years older than me and when we were young was when we argued more. He was the cause of the loss of some teeth (they were loose already though) ;D, but I think we don't argue hardly at all anymore because he lets me win. My brother doesn't care if he wins the argument anymore like he did when he was younger. We've both matured so we don't argue.

Subject: Re: Sibling Rivalry?

Written By: Buckinghammm on 04/16/06 at 11:49 pm

I have an older and a younger brother. My older brother's only a year and a half older than me, and we used to fight a LOT. It eventually got to the point, though, where he and I just accepted our differences (it was once said that we're as different as a gorilla and a potato) and left each other alone. Now that he's 18 and may be leaving soon, I think he's trying to start a better relationship with me... It's just odd... I mean, after growing up thinking that all older kids hated me, I just don't really know how to respond to his courtesies...  :-\\

My younger brother is a typical younger brother. He just turned 10, and he always wants to hang out with me when my friends are over. He talks and acts like he's 5, though. My mom has yelled at him on numerous occasions to use his normal voice.

Yanno, I just wish that I had a brother that I could get along with, like some of my friends have. Oh, well. We'll get along when we're all older and living in our own houses.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/16/06 at 11:56 pm

Justin... are you the potato or the gorilla?!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/16/06 at 11:57 pm

My sister is 5 1/2 years younger than me, so we never had any of that trouble because we were in different age brackets listening to different music, liking different kinds of boys, wearing different clothes, wearing different make-up; we're not the same size, so there was never clothes/shoes issues either.

When I was 18, she was 13 so we couldn't do too much together, but when she she got older that ceased being a problem.  She really is my best friend.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/16/06 at 11:58 pm

My older sister is 28, and she moved out before I was old enough to be a rival..

My other one (12 years) and I aren't rivals, per se... but we argue and fight... A LOT

Written By: Buckinghammm on 04/17/06 at 12:00 am

Justin... are you the potato or the gorilla?!

XD I was the potato.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/17/06 at 7:43 am

I have an older brother. We used to have a few minor fights when we were younger, but around the time he turned 17 we grew to be friends.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/17/06 at 9:22 am

Whaddya say KKay?  Should we tell them about all the times we rumbled??

(Nah.  Really, we're six years apart so there was never much to argue about.  Have we ever had a fight?  Should we, just to see what it's like?)

Written By: Tia on 04/17/06 at 9:46 am

Whaddya say KKay?  Should we tell them about all the times we rumbled??

(Nah.  Really, we're six years apart so there was never much to argue about.  Have we ever had a fight?  Should we, just to see what it's like?)
you should fight over me.  :)

Written By: KKay on 04/17/06 at 9:49 am

you should fight over me.  :)

YOu might be the only thing we'd ever fight over, Mike.

No, C, i really don't see us arguing over anything- you're a geographically undesirable opponent.  and you're nice.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/17/06 at 10:17 am

There are 6 of us and for the most part, we do get along. However, there is one sister who is VERY self-centered. Another one of my sisters became pregnant shortly after this sister did. She claimed that other sister got pregnant just to spite her.  ::)  She didn't come to our wedding because there was another family gathering a few months before (my grandmother's birthday) and she knew that it would be like similar-in other words, she wouldn't be the center of attention. I guess today she does deserve to be the center of attention because it is her birthday.

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/17/06 at 2:20 pm

I only have one sibling and I think when we were younger we may have had some rivalry, but it was very minimal. My mother was good about having us hugging one another and not namecalling, so we actually have had very little rivalry. Actually, I believe it's non-existant on my part, and I feel my brother feels the same way.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/05/06 at 3:04 pm

I have 2 sisters...you all know Beth, and I have another named Brandy.  I am the oldest (29), Brandy is the middle (25), and Beth is the youngest (18).  Brandy and I always fought when we were younger, and did things like scratch and try to slam each other fingers in doors :o..then we didn't have any relationship at all...but now we are getting closer again.  Beth and I have always been close, and we hardly ever fight, she's my best friend. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...