inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Should we start another board for ask/advice?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/17/06 at 9:37 am

I know some people will complain about anything (one minute it's "there's too many @#$% threads", then it's "Why is this place so dead?").

However, maybe an advice board would be a welcome addition?  People could start "Ask me about" threads, about whatever area of expertise they have, or people could start "I have a question about" threads. 

Subject: Re: Should we start another board for ask/advice?

Written By: Tia on 04/17/06 at 9:42 am

a board for hollow, meaningless grumbling might be useful to keep all the hollow, meaningless grumbling quarantined. i'd be funny to make the "why is this board so dead" and the "why are there so many dumb threads on this board" sticky so they're always on top.

i'm actuallly not entirely joking.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/17/06 at 9:48 am

a board for hollow, meaningless grumbling might be useful to keep all the hollow, meaningless grumbling quarantined. i'd be funny to make the "why is this board so dead" and the "why are there so many dumb threads on this board" sticky so they're always on top.

i'm actuallly not entirely joking.

nah, I think you just need to bookmark the last 10 posts of a couple members to find those if you want them.  >grin<

Certain people will always complain no matter what.  But the whole "this board is flooded with stupid word games" helped launch the game boards here, and everyone was pretty happy to see them moved.

Written By: Apricot on 04/17/06 at 9:59 am

I think a place to quarantine the bandwagon-style Asking threads would be really, really useful.. I've seen it on other forums, it works fairly well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/17/06 at 10:25 am

Personally, I don't care. I just wonder if we do have a new section, what would this place become like? I happen to find SOME of those threads pretty interesting-I think they are more interesting than some of the b.s. threads that usually appear on this board. I am afraid that if you do make a new section, the PPP make have to change its name to the P.B.S. (Penguin B.S.) But, if many want it, I won't be upset.

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 04/17/06 at 10:34 am

Personally, I don't care. I just wonder if we do have a new section, what would this place become like? I happen to find SOME of those threads pretty interesting-I think they are more interesting than some of the b.s. threads that usually appear on this board. I am afraid that if you do make a new section, the PPP make have to change its name to the P.B.S. (Penguin B.S.) But, if many want it, I won't be upset.

I think the move would actually make the PPP less BS-filled and more structured, but still pretty fun.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/17/06 at 12:59 pm

Sounds like a good idea.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/17/06 at 1:14 pm

I guess, to appease others - just maybe, possibly - moving the ask me threads may benefit those who do have more specific wants and needs in that section. So, I would say yes to this. See, I'm not being a total revolutionary today (that's only once in awhile)  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 04/17/06 at 2:35 pm

I don't care either way, don't see it as being really necessary, though. 

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/17/06 at 3:43 pm

Hehe, we could have a sub-board for "Ask me" threasd  :D

I guess it would be nice to have, but isn't that what "Lend a wing up" is for?

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/06 at 4:54 pm

To me, it doesn't matter, but if you started a new section for it, wouldn't it basically just be another version of the PPP?

Written By: nally on 04/17/06 at 5:13 pm

I know some people will complain about anything (one minute it's "there's too many @#$% threads", then it's "Why is this place so dead?").

However, maybe an advice board would be a welcome addition?  People could start "Ask me about" threads, about whatever area of expertise they have, or people could start "I have a question about" threads. 

Hmmm...that's an idea. Would it be like a Child Board to PPP (like Politics/Religion is to The 2000's)?

Hehe, we could have a sub-board for "Ask me" threasd  :D

I guess it would be nice to have, but isn't that what "Lend a wing up" is for?

No, Lend A Wing Up is for problems related to the system, like "I have trouble logging in", or "SMF was unable to connect me"...things like that.

Written By: gemini on 04/17/06 at 5:58 pm

It doesn't matter to me one way or another. I'm not here that much anymore to worry about it.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/17/06 at 6:44 pm

I don't really care either. I can see the benefits of having an "advice forum" though.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/17/06 at 6:46 pm

I say yes. It'll eliminate problems.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/17/06 at 10:01 pm

I'm all for it, Chucky.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/17/06 at 10:22 pm

nah, not really necessary.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/18/06 at 1:14 am

I'm content with things as they are.

Written By: KKay on 04/18/06 at 8:14 am

I don't know, what do you think?

Written By: Tia on 04/18/06 at 9:49 am

ask me if we should start an ask-me board.

Written By: nally on 04/18/06 at 9:49 am

I'm content with things as they are.

Me too.

Written By: whistledog on 04/18/06 at 6:47 pm

ask me if we should start an ask-me board.

But then you'll have to put your response in a "put your response here" board

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/19/06 at 8:28 am

I went ahead and did it.  No one really had strong objections.  I moved every ask me thread from the past month into it, to get it started. 

So if you were afraid to start one of your own, because someone would whine like a little girl about yet another ask me thread, fear not.

Check for new replies or respond here...