inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What other forums do you frequent?

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/17/06 at 11:03 am

I'll be away for 3-4 days on a field trip from tommorow, so it's unlikely I'll be posting much if at all (unless they have a few internet kiosks/cafes) - I can understand if some of you will be relieved of my threadwhoring....So I'll just throw one more bone...

What other forum/message boards do you frequent? Not as inane a question as it sounds...in fact it could tell you a bit about a person's personality.

Atm, the Philosophy Forums and the 'Lizard Lounge' Doors forum, but not nearly as frequently as inthe00s.com.

So anyway, ciao til about Friday...

Subject: Re: What other forums do you frequent?

Written By: Morton on 04/17/06 at 11:06 am

None frequently, just a few posts here and there every so often. But i've been on BBC Radio 1 messageboards a couple of times, and on the Championship Manager and Football Manager forums...

Written By: KKay on 04/17/06 at 11:24 am

the only other is a place for people that write fiction about zombies.

WHOS the loser now? eh!
oh...that would be me.

Written By: lorac614 on 04/17/06 at 11:37 am

Ever watch Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi?  I love that show so I go to TAPS and TAPS18+.  TAPS stands for The Atlantic Paranormal Society.  I like to look at pictures of ghosts or what people claim to be ghosts. 

I also found another cool website that is a lot like this one, you can talk about all kinds of stuff from your childhood.  I don't know if anyone remembers Yesterdayland, but it's very similar to it.

Written By: KKay on 04/17/06 at 11:46 am

Ever watch Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi?  I love that show so I go to TAPS and TAPS18+.  TAPS stands for The Atlantic Paranormal Society.  I like to look at pictures of ghosts or what people claim to be ghosts. 

hey- i like that too...i'll have to check it out.

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/06 at 2:23 pm

I mainly post here, but I do make cameo appearances at other boards which include Retro Junk, New Wave Outpost, The 80s Server, i80s and a secret board owned by Southern Image

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/17/06 at 2:27 pm

There are other forums?  :D ;D ;D

I used to got to a soap one but since I don't watch the soaps anymore, I don't bother. They were very limited on discussions-unlike this place.

I also found another cool website that is a lot like this one, you can talk about all kinds of stuff from your childhood.  I don't know if anyone remembers Yesterdayland, but it's very similar to it.

I LOVE Ghost Hunters. I watch it whenever I can. I'll have to check out that site. Do you have a link?

Cat

Written By: lorac614 on 04/17/06 at 2:40 pm

I LOVE Ghost Hunters. I watch it whenever I can. I'll have to check out that site. Do you have a link?

Cat

Here's a link to the main page, there are two different message boards you can check out...

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/17/06 at 2:42 pm

Here's a link to the main page, there are two different message boards you can check out...

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

Thanks and applause to you.

Cat

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/17/06 at 2:44 pm

http://www.nomaas.org

Written By: lorac614 on 04/17/06 at 2:51 pm

Thanks and applause to you.

Cat

Thanks and I'll applaud you back.

I actually like the 18+ board more because they actually try to debunk the pictures and "evidence" instead of saying everything is a ghost or spirit.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/17/06 at 3:07 pm

Thanks and I'll applaud you back.

I actually like the 18+ board more because they actually try to debunk the pictures and "evidence" instead of saying everything is a ghost or spirit.

I bookmarked the site. I will probably go there frequently. Thanks again.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/06 at 4:59 pm

I also used to frequent AbsolutelyVile's messageboard, but it recently closed down.  Also, the odd time I will visit the Much Music (aka Canada's MTV) messageboard, but only to keep up on current Canadian bands

Written By: loki 13 on 04/17/06 at 5:20 pm

I have accounts on The History Channel and The Philadelphia Eagles Message Boards
but I never posted on either of them.I was a Member of Howard Stern's Bulletin Board
and it shut down right in the middle of me posting.It was the weirdest thing, I sudmitted
my post then nothing, a blank screen.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/17/06 at 5:24 pm

I was once one of the editors of an academic Simpsons forum, and specialized in fan fiction and writing analyses of the Simpsons, both as art (interpreting it), relating it to society, analyzing the progression of the series, etc. I was about 11-12.

Written By: woops on 04/17/06 at 6:26 pm

A Deborah Gibson fanboard http://www.deborahgibson-fan.com/scgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl

(And yes, "Electric Youth" is also my lurking alias)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/17/06 at 6:32 pm

I use to be part of a Vivien Leigh forum, the Oakland A's forum (where I let some Yankee fans have a whipping) and also
a forum called the Gibson Girls, which I thought was a lot of fun and had a great deal of nice ladies. I even made graphics for them and they used them :0)

Yet, inthe00s.com has ruled in my heart for almost a year now. Myspace.com has sorta relieved my obsession of posting on here, but inthe00s.com has come the closest to how it feels like to talk to multiple versions of myself.. (take that as you like, lol  ;D )

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/29/06 at 3:32 am

Only this one now. Others I only lurk, rarely, if ever post on.

I also created a forum in December last year. It kinda folded after about a month, but that was expected.  ::)
http://s13.invisionfree.com/ParadiseCity

I went back and updated it a bit just now. If you still want to check it out you can.

Written By: gemini on 04/29/06 at 4:05 pm

Only this one now. Others I only lurk, rarely, if ever post on.

I also created a forum in December last year. It kinda folded after about a month, but that was expected.  ::)
http://s13.invisionfree.com/ParadiseCity

I went back and updated it a bit just now. If you still want to check it out you can.

It didn't work  :-\\

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/29/06 at 5:25 pm

I just joined a Paul McCartney forum, but it isn't anything like this place. I'll see how it lasts.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/29/06 at 5:55 pm

http://www.sayhey.co.uk

http://www.stewoo.net/beck/forum

http://www.bolt2.com

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/29/06 at 6:26 pm

Some BBC ones and a music one.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/30/06 at 1:04 am

...and following on from the original question, do you use the same username/handle (I notice the term 'handle' is seldom used these days)? I use the handle 'Trimac20' for almost everything; my e-mail address, online gaming, message boards, miscellaneous purposes  ;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/30/06 at 2:28 am

...and following on from the original question, do you use the same username/handle (I notice the term 'handle' is seldom used these days)? I use the handle 'Trimac20' for almost everything; my e-mail address, online gaming, message boards, miscellaneous purposes  ;)

No, I don't.  I have several different handles/usernames for message boards, emails and AIM.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/30/06 at 3:45 am

For awhile I tried to give myself the nickname 'Trimac.'  ;D I even had written on the back of my high school graduation jumper.

Check for new replies or respond here...