inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dreams

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/17/06 at 6:13 pm

What's the weirdest or scariest dream you've had and what do you think it means?

The WEIRDEST dream I've had involved that little and extremely creepy, doll Chucky.  In the dream I was running through my neighborhood and he was chasing me with a pickle, yes a pickle. ;D  Why I was terrified in the dream, I have NO idea.  I had this dream when I was about 8 or 9 and I haven't had it since....which is probably a good thing.  Well, I read a dream book and it said that if you're being chased in a dream, you're running away from a problem in your own life.  But for some odd reason there was nothing about a pickle in there..... ;D

Subject: Re: Dreams

Written By: CeeKay on 04/17/06 at 6:21 pm

What's the weirdest or scariest dream you've had and what do you think it means?

Talk about timing!  I was going to start a dream thread because I do dream interpretation.  So...I'm at work now but I will read yours and respond later.

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/17/06 at 6:31 pm

That's great :) It will be good to have someone to actually interpret the dreams if people wanted to find out what they mean

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/17/06 at 6:53 pm

The WEIRDEST dream I've had involved that little and extremely creepy, doll Chucky.  In the dream I was running through my neighborhood and he was chasing me with a pickle, yes a pickle. ;D  Why I was terrified in the dream, I have NO idea.  I had this dream when I was about 8 or 9 and I haven't had it since....which is probably a good thing.  Well, I read a dream book and it said that if you're being chased in a dream, you're running away from a problem in your own life.  But for some odd reason there was nothing about a pickle in there..... ;D

That's so cool.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/17/06 at 8:01 pm

I keep having this dream about a snake, wearing a vest, chasing after a donut.  ???

Written By: CeeKay on 04/17/06 at 9:06 pm

[quote author=

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/06 at 9:11 pm

Years ago, I had a really bizarre dream.  I don't remember much of the details about it, as it was so long ago, but in the dream someone slashed me on my left arm with a knife.  When I woke up, I realized it was all just a dream, but there on my left arm was a small slash mark that was still bleeding  :o

I don't know what happened, or how I got that mark, but it still freaks me out thinking about it.

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/17/06 at 9:30 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: CeeKay on 04/17/06 at 10:31 pm

Well, not to get literal but...did you ever hear the phrase, "She's gotten herself into quite a pickle!"  Meaning:  She's gotten herself into a situation she can't get out of...doesn't have much control over....there's no easy answer.  So, that's a possibility.  And, since Chucky was scary, perhaps the situation was scary and you didn't know what to do about it, and you didn't want to face it, so you tried to ignore it.  but in your dream, it chased you -- meaning it was something that wasn't easily ignored.

But I don't like to look too much into the dreams of children.  You were pretty young.  And I'm not sure if all the symbology applies for kids.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/17/06 at 10:35 pm

[quote author=

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/17/06 at 10:42 pm

I have had this recurring dream ever since I was young, of being chased by these Sasquatch (big foot) type creatures....very odd!!! :o

Written By: lorac614 on 04/17/06 at 10:43 pm

There was a post about dreams a couple of weeks ago, I think it was about weird dreams.

And since I can't seem to remember any of my dreams lately (I wonder why that it, I used to remember my dreams all the time), I'll re-post my crazy dream story...

I had a crazy dream about vampires the other night.  I had to fill Coke bottles with Holy Water (got it from the mall) then I went to a deli that had steps up to a house (a regular little house perched on top of the deli).  This is where the vampires lived, I had to give the waitress all of the change from my pocket because the vampires would know I was coming...I must have had a ton of change in my pockets (I kept getting handfulls from my pockets).  Anyway I get upstairs and Iman (you know the model) was the leader of the vampires.  And that's all I remember!!

Written By: lorac614 on 04/17/06 at 10:45 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Abix on 04/17/06 at 10:46 pm

I have a recurrent dream that my teeth all fall out. It freaks me out, because I will wake up and check to make sure my teeth aren't loose. I've had this dream  recurrently since I was a kid. I read in a dream interpretation book that it means you are under a lot of stress.  Any ideas?

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/17/06 at 10:50 pm

Well, not to get literal but...did you ever hear the phrase, "She's gotten herself into quite a pickle!"  Meaning:  She's gotten herself into a situation she can't get out of...doesn't have much control over....there's no easy answer.  So, that's a possibility.  And, since Chucky was scary, perhaps the situation was scary and you didn't know what to do about it, and you didn't want to face it, so you tried to ignore it.  but in your dream, it chased you -- meaning it was something that wasn't easily ignored.

But I don't like to look too much into the dreams of children.  You were pretty young.  And I'm not sure if all the symbology applies for kids.

I never thought about that whole "in a pickle" situation as being a representation of the pickle in my dream. :o  I know at age 8 or 9 I actually did have problems and worries but I don't know which one sparked the dream ;D

thanx for the interpretation :)

Written By: lorac614 on 04/17/06 at 10:52 pm

I have a recurrent dream that my teeth all fall out. It freaks me out, because I will wake up and check to make sure my teeth aren't loose. I've had this dream  recurrently since I was a kid. I read in a dream interpretation book that it means you are under a lot of stress.  Any ideas?

I have a similar recurring dream except I'm chewing gum and the gum gets stuck to my teeth and as I try to take the gum out of my mouth I pull my teeth out along with the gum. 

Written By: Abix on 04/17/06 at 10:58 pm

yes that's a similar version I've had. I also have dreamt that I'm flossing and they just fall out one by one. And I've dreamt that I'm eating something and they will start falling out..  I've also  dreamt that they have 'abscessed ' and they fall out with green pus.. Yuck. that is one of the worst ones.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/17/06 at 11:07 pm

yes that's a similar version I've had. I also have dreamt that I'm flossing and they just fall out one by one. And I've dreamt that I'm eating something and they will start falling out..  I've also  dreamt that they have 'abscessed ' and they fall out with green pus.. Yuck. that is one of the worst ones.

Wow.  That's some serious teeth issues!  :o

Dreams about teeth falling out are not uncommon.  The details, though, are telling.  So...think about the teeth first.  They are connected to us by roots.  And they are necessary for us to properly feed ourselves.  So teeth represent a very core part of who we are and what we need.

By flossing, you are trying to keep them clean and healthy.  But they fall out anyway.  In your second example you are eating....again, doing something that is healthy and caring for yourself, and yet your teeth fall out.  And lastly, there is just a disease in there....which in dreamland should be read "dis - ease".

So, is there some very core thing that has been ongoing in your life....or a serious of things....that have left you feeling like, no matter how you try to care for yourself, a very core part of you is (has been, is being) hurt?  ignored?  I don't mean to get too serious but, I'd say that you've got (or had) a very painful core issue that needs your attention.

The positive aspect is that you are (or were) doing things to take care of yourself.  Am I on the right track?  If not, please say so -- this is kind of a tricky business.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/17/06 at 11:10 pm

I had a crazy dream about vampires the other night.  I had to fill Coke bottles with Holy Water (got it from the mall) then I went to a deli that had steps up to a house (a regular little house perched on top of the deli).  This is where the vampires lived, I had to give the waitress all of the change from my pocket because the vampires would know I was coming...I must have had a ton of change in my pockets (I kept getting handfulls from my pockets).  Anyway I get upstairs and Iman (you know the model) was the leader of the vampires.  And that's all I remember!!

More on this one later....lots of detail means a little more time for the Swami.  :D

Written By: lorac614 on 04/17/06 at 11:12 pm

More on this one later....lots of detail means a little more time for the Swami.  :D

Oh great...I can't wait to hear...no, now I'm nervous. :-\\  *biting my nails*

Between my teeth dreams and the vampire/holy water I have a feeling you're going to tell me I'm doomed!! 

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/17/06 at 11:14 pm

I wonder what Freud would say about this dream??  LOL!!

;D Glad I wasn't the only one to think of this!

Written By: Buckinghammm on 04/17/06 at 11:59 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: CeeKay on 04/18/06 at 12:13 am

This kind of detail allows for true interpretation.  (The dreams that you remember most, often the dreams you have just before you wake up in the morning, are usually the ones that contain the important messages).  Anyway, with permission of the dreamer, here's the deal (I was going to make it short but I couldn't really cut anything out):

Vampires = people or situations that drain you.     Coke = something she finds satisfying     In A Bottle:  It's bottled up     Holy Water:  An attempt to keep faith strong in the face of the situation.  So this first part says that you are in a situation of serving others to the point where the things in life that you find satisfying are being ignored.  You try to use your faith to keep it all together but even that is being stretched too far.

The Deli represents your family ethnicity and/or history.  The steps are your attempt to make personal progress.  The house is your own mind.  (You're trying to get 'above' the family issues to make progress but what lives in the house above the Deli?  The Vampires! -- this situation feels so invasive that even your mind doesn't feel like your own).

The change that you give away represents (a) your desire to make personal changes and (b) those many little opportunities that show up day to day which you cannot take advantage of because you have so many family responsibilities.

You still climb the stairs though (you are very strong and you keep trying to make your own way despite all the demands on you).  But when you get to the house at the top of the stairs the Model (the "ideal") turns out to be one of the vampires!  (you are feeling hopeless.  you are afraid that, despite your efforts to be positive and to pursue your own goals, you will not survive life's demands).   But the good news is that you are so persistent.  You keep trying.  And the truth is that the circumstances, over time, will change.  If the dream becomes repetitive, I would advise a serious talk with hubby (if you have a hubby) about making some time for *you*.  ;)

Written By: lorac614 on 04/18/06 at 8:41 am

This kind of detail allows for true interpretation.  (The dreams that you remember most, often the dreams you have just before you wake up in the morning, are usually the ones that contain the important messages).  Anyway, with permission of the dreamer, here's the deal (I was going to make it short but I couldn't really cut anything out):

Vampires = people or situations that drain you.     Coke = something she finds satisfying     In A Bottle:  It's bottled up     Holy Water:  An attempt to keep faith strong in the face of the situation.  So this first part says that you are in a situation of serving others to the point where the things in life that you find satisfying are being ignored.  You try to use your faith to keep it all together but even that is being stretched too far.

The Deli represents your family ethnicity and/or history.  The steps are your attempt to make personal progress.  The house is your own mind.  (You're trying to get 'above' the family issues to make progress but what lives in the house above the Deli?  The Vampires! -- this situation feels so invasive that even your mind doesn't feel like your own).

The change that you give away represents (a) your desire to make personal changes and (b) those many little opportunities that show up day to day which you cannot take advantage of because you have so many family responsibilities.

You still climb the stairs though (you are very strong and you keep trying to make your own way despite all the demands on you).  But when you get to the house at the top of the stairs the Model (the "ideal") turns out to be one of the vampires!  (you are feeling hopeless.  you are afraid that, despite your efforts to be positive and to pursue your own goals, you will not survive life's demands).   But the good news is that you are so persistent.  You keep trying.  And the truth is that the circumstances, over time, will change.  If the dream becomes repetitive, I would advise a serious talk with hubby (if you have a hubby) about making some time for *you*.  ;)

Boy, I must sound like a total basket-case!!  LOL!!

Funny thing is, my husband keeps telling me to go out with friends more, maybe I need to do just that!!

Written By: CeeKay on 04/18/06 at 8:45 am

Boy, I must sound like a total basket-case!!  LOL!!

Funny thing is, my husband keeps telling me to go out with friends more, maybe I need to do just that!!

Sounds totally normal to me!  (consider the messenger though  ;D)

Written By: La Roche on 04/18/06 at 8:49 am

Right.

I'm standing at the top of a large building with a rifle..

..I have been contracted (maybe, or just asked?) to kill a short chinese fella walking along the street.

So I am up, and I try and shoot him, but ZING the bullet goes over his head, hits the concrete, panic everywhere, I failed in my task.

Then somebody comes up behind me and shoots me in the back of the head and that's when I always wake up.

Sometimes the details are slightly different but the basic concept is the same.

I've been having this dream 3-4 times a week for probably 5 or so years now.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/18/06 at 9:05 am

You've been having this dream this frequently?  Is this the first time you've tried to have it analyzed? 
Well, good detail but I have to go to work, then a busy day -- probably won't get to it until late tonight. 

Ahhh...the suspense..... 8)

Written By: KKay on 04/18/06 at 10:33 am

You've been having this dream this frequently?  Is this the first time you've tried to have it analyzed? 
Well, good detail but I have to go to work, then a busy day -- probably won't get to it until late tonight.   

Look out, Con! The description of the recurring dream is coming from inside the house!!!

Written By: La Roche on 04/18/06 at 11:10 am

Look out, Con! The description of the recurring dream is coming from inside the house!!!

Yes, in the past 5 years I would estimate that I have had this dream 6-700 times. It happens, every single week.. 2-3-4 times.

inside the house

That reminds me, your Mom said Hi.

Written By: KKay on 04/18/06 at 11:52 am

Yes, in the past 5 years I would estimate that I have had this dream 6-700 times. It happens, every single week.. 2-3-4 times.

inside the house

That reminds me, your Mom said Hi.

CK- ^that's scary- but i'll tell you why its more scary than you think later.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/18/06 at 1:23 pm

CK- ^that's scary- but i'll tell you why its more scary than you think later.

I'm all ears.  ;)
I can decipher dreams but real life cryptic messages leave me clueless.  ??? (Ask my kids; they think it's hysterical).

Written By: CeeKay on 04/19/06 at 1:07 am

Right.
I'm standing at the top of a large building with a rifle..
..I have been contracted (maybe, or just asked?) to kill a short chinese fella walking along the street.
So I am up, and I try and shoot him, but ZING the bullet goes over his head, hits the concrete, panic everywhere, I failed in my task.
Then somebody comes up behind me and shoots me in the back of the head and that's when I always wake up.
Sometimes the details are slightly different but the basic concept is the same.

You are standing firm on your convictions about something....whatever it is, it has something to do with an emotional or psychological conflict.  There is a negative aspect of yourself that needs to be settled or dealt with.  You are refusing to do this.  You are firmly refusing, like it has become a conviction on your part to insist that this personal problem is not a problem at all or perhaps doesn't even exist.  And there is focused detail involved that you are particularly wanting to ignore.  But in the back of your mind, you know better. You need to make a decision about this situation and be honest about it.  Accept it.  And take action in a positive way.  If you won't, then enjoy the dream because it will continue.

Written By: La Roche on 04/19/06 at 8:28 am

You are standing firm on your convictions about something....whatever it is, it has something to do with an emotional or psychological conflict.  There is a negative aspect of yourself that needs to be settled or dealt with.  You are refusing to do this.  You are firmly refusing, like it has become a conviction on your part to insist that this personal problem is not a problem at all or perhaps doesn't even exist.  And there is focused detail involved that you are particularly wanting to ignore.  But in the back of your mind, you know better. You need to make a decision about this situation and be honest about it.  Accept it.  And take action in a positive way.  If you won't, then enjoy the dream because it will continue.

Right, stage one.

Stage two involves moving 8 letter up the alphabet and being told what my problem is  ;D

Written By: CeeKay on 04/19/06 at 9:42 am

Right, stage one.

Stage two involves moving 8 letter up the alphabet and being told what my problem is  ;D

Your dream does not indicate what the problem is, but it does indicate that you are aware of whatever it is.  If you are open to discovering what the problem is, I bet you the dream will change in some way that gives more clues.  It's a bit of a game.  But interesting, no?

Written By: La Roche on 04/19/06 at 9:45 am

Your dream does not indicate what the problem is, but it does indicate that you are aware of whatever it is.  If you are open to discovering what the problem is, I bet you the dream will change in some way that gives more clues.  It's a bit of a game.  But interesting, no?

Bit of a game, yes.

I want someone to tell me what it is, Maybe that's the problem, I rely on others.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/19/06 at 11:25 am

Bit of a game, yes.

I want someone to tell me what it is, Maybe that's the problem, I rely on others.

Perhaps someone will be able to tell you if you do the exploration work with someone  ::)

You shouldn't necessarily have to figure it out alone....but you must be involved.  You are the only one who really knows the answer.  It will reveal itself if you invite it.  That sounds weird but I think it's true.  Dreams repeat because they have something to say.

Written By: La Roche on 04/19/06 at 2:03 pm

Perhaps someone will be able to tell you if you do the exploration work with someone  ::)

You shouldn't necessarily have to figure it out alone....but you must be involved.  You are the only one who really knows the answer.  It will reveal itself if you invite it.  That sounds weird but I think it's true.  Dreams repeat because they have something to say.

Why the  ::)      ;)

See.. I wouldn't normally be that interested, but this has bothered me so long.. and like you say, it's obviously saying something or it would go away.

I'll have to work on it myself.. where to start though eh.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/20/06 at 7:41 am

See.. I wouldn't normally be that interested, but this has bothered me so long.. and like you say, it's obviously saying something or it would go away.

A note about repetitive dreams:  They are not accidental.  So if you have a repetitive dream and you don't explore it or make a change, chances are it will continue and, depending on the issue, it will often increase in violence (if it's an urgent issue).  Nightmares are scary because scary gets our attention.  Ever have one of those dreams where some image in it is so strong you can't shake it from your mind all day?  Well, that's the point.  Not to be able to shake it from your mind.

If you or someone else interprets a dream, you will know when the interpretation is on track -- it's an internal, instinctual thing.  And if you respond to the message of a repetitive dream, it should cease.

Have a great day.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/20/06 at 11:42 am

I had a dream about some blonde woman last night-

Like always though, I can't remember her face at all.

For years I've had dreams about different women, but I can never remember their face. 

Written By: CeeKay on 04/20/06 at 2:04 pm

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/20/06 at 10:38 pm

Are you perhaps aware of an emtional or sensitive situation in your life that you don't want to "face"?

It bothers me that I'm alone, maybe its my subconcious re-iterating that to me..

Maybe i dont see their faces because I haven't met anyone yet

Written By: CeeKay on 04/20/06 at 10:54 pm

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/20/06 at 10:59 pm

Maybe.  But what I was getting at was that.....The Woman in a man's dream usually represents his emotional side and Having No Face could mean you don't want to come face to face with your own emotions.

.....Then again, maybe you just want a woman and you don't care what she looks like  8)

Hmm, there could be something I guess.. its just I'm usually fairly honest with myself about what I'm feeling..

I want a woman but maybe all her not having a face in my dream means is that I haven't found her yet, hence i dont know what she looks like so i dont see her face.  Thats what i thought..

Still, good analysis though.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 8:47 am

I've had alot of truly bizarre dreams over the years. Many involve equally bizarre situations. Like being a student at an Academy for students studying PKS on some far-off planet, or being a star-ship pilot exploring exotic locales. When the alpha waves start to die down my mind conjures up the strangest situations - situations a million years of hard thinking would not be able to concieve...I don't usually read much into their meanings, but they do give me some very interesting ideas. Perhaps

Written By: Step-chan on 04/21/06 at 1:01 pm

There's one I had about 9 or 10 years ago, that I still remember to this day. Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love were standing in a river, Kurt sank shortly afterward, but Courtney didn't. I woke up right after that.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/22/06 at 9:58 am

There's one I had about 9 or 10 years ago, that I still remember to this day. Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love were standing in a river, Kurt sank shortly afterward, but Courtney didn't. I woke up right after that.

Uh...The most obvious could just be.....Cobain is dead.  Love is alive.  ???

More deeply...the water is Spirit.  The man is logic and the physical.  The woman is emotion & sensitivity.  Love is supported by the Spirit.  Worldly things die away.  Were you pondering religion?

Written By: gemini on 04/22/06 at 10:12 am

I had this dream the other night. I had one of those driveway reflector things, with the long metal stake, stuck up through the bottom of my foot  :o  and the red refector was hanging out the bottom of my foot. It hurt like hell in my dream, then when I woke up, my foot hurt. Isn't that gross?  :P 

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/22/06 at 10:24 am

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/22/06 at 10:27 am

How would you interpret a dream where I'm running in an animal costume and my best friend (which is a half penguin/ half tamale type thing) suffocates in a vase?

Or a dream where everyone I know parades around a freeway and Beth and Erin from this site are my babysitters and their kid forms come from the past?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I just dream about the weirdest collection of everything talked about that day as possible.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/22/06 at 2:17 pm

Uh...The most obvious could just be.....Cobain is dead.  Love is alive.  ???

More deeply...the water is Spirit.  The man is logic and the physical.  The woman is emotion & sensitivity.  Love is supported by the Spirit.  Worldly things die away.  Were you pondering religion?

No, I wasn't pondering religion. It was just a dream I had that I vividly remember. Things like that can stick with you.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/22/06 at 7:31 pm

How would you interpret a dream where I'm running in an animal costume and my best friend (which is a half penguin/ half tamale type thing) suffocates in a vase?

Or a dream where everyone I know parades around a freeway and Beth and Erin from this site are my babysitters and their kid forms come from the past?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I just dream about the weirdest collection of everything talked about that day as possible.

Half penguin/half tamale??  ;D
Hmmm.....

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/22/06 at 7:35 pm

Half penguin/half tamale??   ;D
Hmmm.....

Well, to tell you the truth, the bottom half only looked like a tamale... it was green though, and the folded part at the bottom was spiky... and hard. The penguin looked like Opus...

Written By: CeeKay on 04/23/06 at 10:58 pm

So..... here's my best shot:  there are two sides to you.  There's this outward person you present to the world -- this wild, free kind of person.  But there's also this other part of you...the part that is trusting and loyal and determined to succeed...and this second part is being suppressed right now.  (You could have more if you (a) could identify the animal costume you are wearing or (b) could describe the vase).

Yes?  No?  It is a pretty random kind of dream.

Written By: KKay on 04/24/06 at 10:42 am

I had a dream about people that lived under an old overpass...and I was being like a cop or something and chasing some guy and shooting..but then someone was behind me. and all the homeless people were throwing rocks at him- it was funny cuz some of them were hitting me and i was yelling.."guys, come on! quit it! be careful you're htting me.." and laughing .."try somethig else, for god's sake!" and at the same time trying to keep my target in view..

it's easy .
go for it.

Written By: La Roche on 04/24/06 at 3:05 pm

I had a creepy one last night.

I was in some hospital.. and somebody I was with had a kid, presumably like my wife or whatever.. and then she died.. and then I was holding this kid over a grave with the coffin in it and everything was very dark.. and a lot of the people looked kinda familiar, but I couldn't place any of them.  :P

Written By: CeeKay on 04/24/06 at 11:24 pm

I had a dream about people that lived under an old overpass...and I was being like a cop or something and chasing some guy and shooting..but then someone was behind me. and all the homeless people were throwing rocks at him- it was funny cuz some of them were hitting me and i was yelling.."guys, come on! quit it! be careful you're htting me.." and laughing .."try somethig else, for god's sake!" and at the same time trying to keep my target in view..

Well, sis, I'll tell ya...

You figure there's a straightforward solution to a problem....but underneath it all, there are all these details.  Darn.  So you try to take a logical approach.  Figure it out.  Try to resolve the issue.  But there's this one factor .... one complexity... that keeps getting away from you.  You try to get at it, but you can't quite pin it down.  And then, all these other elements come at you that just make it hard and you say, "Hey, hold on!"  You're trying to reach your goal but it sure ain't easy.  Sounds frustrating to me.... and I'm already tired.  (Note: if the people are just random people and don't have any specific characteristics, that really means there's just a bunch of issues or a bunch of factors but you haven't really identified them clearly).

Whaddya think?

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/24/06 at 11:33 pm

So..... here's my best shot:  there are two sides to you.  There's this outward person you present to the world -- this wild, free kind of person.  But there's also this other part of you...the part that is trusting and loyal and determined to succeed...and this second part is being suppressed right now.  (You could have more if you (a) could identify the animal costume you are wearing or (b) could describe the vase).

Yes?  No?  It is a pretty random kind of dream.

Hmmm... it might be the other way around, but something like that!

Written By: KKay on 04/25/06 at 11:18 am

Well, sis, I'll tell ya...

You figure there's a straightforward solution to a problem....but underneath it all, there are all these details.  Darn.  So you try to take a logical approach.  Figure it out.  Try to resolve the issue.  But there's this one factor .... one complexity... that keeps getting away from you.  You try to get at it, but you can't quite pin it down.  And then, all these other elements come at you that just make it hard and you say, "Hey, hold on!"  You're trying to reach your goal but it sure ain't easy.  Sounds frustrating to me.... and I'm already tired.  (Note: if the people are just random people and don't have any specific characteristics, that really means there's just a bunch of issues or a bunch of factors but you haven't really identified them clearly).

Whaddya think?

that's what i thought...except i think the fact that i'm getting hit by deflected rocks is really funny in the dream
how bout...
i have to persue something...and the issue is dragging me down, preventing me...and the rock throwers are parts of me battling the thing thta's haunting me..
and I find this comedic because i often sit and ponder the fact that I am serious about so little..
so in the dream there is a struggle..but i just have to laugh at it.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/26/06 at 1:15 am

Okay... I had a dream that an older man was taking me to a restaurant ( not as a date, just because he was being nice).  In the dream, he was sometimes a man and sometimes a woman.  Anyway, he took me to this restaurant where all the older people ate for free.  But I was not old enough.  And so I was going to have to pay but I didn't have any money.  It was a classy place, fancy, with big windows and nice linen.  Next thing I knew, my kids were there.  I didn't know if I would be expected to pay for their meals.  And suddenly I didn't trust that our host was being honest with me.  I awoke feeling uneasy.

So.....any takers?

Written By: KKay on 04/26/06 at 3:51 pm

Okay... I had a dream that an older man was taking me to a restaurant ( not as a date, just because he was being nice).  In the dream, he was sometimes a man and sometimes a woman.  Anyway, he took me to this restaurant where all the older people ate for free.  But I was not old enough.  And so I was going to have to pay but I didn't have any money.  It was a classy place, fancy, with big windows and nice linen.  Next thing I knew, my kids were there.  I didn't know if I would be expected to pay for their meals.  And suddenly I didn't trust that our host was being honest with me.  I awoke feeling uneasy.

So.....any takers?

I totally got it.
OK...I"ll try with my feeble command of the language.
The restaurant and your host represent maturity.  You can come along to maturity if you want to..oh. Don't want to? well then you'll have to provide money and take care of these young'uns without our help...but if you leave some thing behind, you can be mature and have these things dealt with.  Then youb don't trust him/her- it's your own doubt in the idea that maturity is necessary to deal with your responsibilities successfully.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/27/06 at 11:34 pm

I totally got it.
OK...I"ll try with my feeble command of the language.
The restaurant and your host represent maturity.  You can come along to maturity if you want to..oh. Don't want to? well then you'll have to provide money and take care of these young'uns without our help...but if you leave some thing behind, you can be mature and have these things dealt with.  Then youb don't trust him/her- it's your own doubt in the idea that maturity is necessary to deal with your responsibilities successfully.

I'm pretty much with you.  Though I'd say the restaurant represents choices regarding in which directions I should grow (what I should feed myself).  The children are the various parts of me -- the dreams that are still in the early stages.  I really like the maturity aspect you bring up and what you say about trusting.  Cool.  Good job!

Written By: KKay on 04/28/06 at 8:40 am

I'm pretty much with you.  Though I'd say the restaurant represents choices regarding in which directions I should grow (what I should feed myself).  The children are the various parts of me -- the dreams that are still in the early stages.  I really like the maturity aspect you bring up and what you say about trusting.  Cool.  Good job!

yeah...i know what i'm talking about...
:)
sometimes

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/28/06 at 8:52 am

When I was quite young I used to have a recurring dream.

I was all alone.  Above me, just above my head, was solid rock as far as the eye could see.  On the ground was mist, everywhere.

If I stepped in the wrong place (and who knows there that was, because of the mist), it would trigger the rock to fall on me.  If I stood still for too long, the rock would also fall on me.

I never stayed asleep long enough to see if it did  :o :-\\

Go do some Frued on that, though in my mind it is pretty clear what this means  :)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/06/06 at 8:32 am

When I was quite young I used to have a recurring dream.

I was all alone.  Above me, just above my head, was solid rock as far as the eye could see.  On the ground was mist, everywhere.

If I stepped in the wrong place (and who knows there that was, because of the mist), it would trigger the rock to fall on me.  If I stood still for too long, the rock would also fall on me.

I never stayed asleep long enough to see if it did  :o :-\\

Go do some Frued on that, though in my mind it is pretty clear what this means  :)

What, this is too hard for you all ?  I would have thought the reasons for this one were pretty easy  :P

Written By: CeeKay on 05/06/06 at 10:25 am

What, this is too hard for you all ?  I would have thought the reasons for this one were pretty easy  :P

Oh yes.  Glad you brought this forward -- I meant to reply to this one and got distracted (happens often  :-\\)

So....You had a situation and you had to make a decision and the consequences of that decision were potentially damaging but you could not clearly see what to do.  Yet, you had to do *something* because not doing anything would also have a bad result.
You felt stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

The interesting part of that dream is that it was mist that covered your feet.  Mist tends to represent the spiritual side of life and your feet are the things that carry you from one point of life to another.  Potentially this dream is saying.....it's okay....take a step of faith.

That's my best guess. :)  Anyone else? 

Written By: Bobby on 05/06/06 at 1:39 pm

The last dream I remember having was about a week ago. I dreamt I was walking past this guy who randomly shot me in the head. I was still alive despite blood trickling out of my ear so I thought I should be heading for hospital so I got into a lift (elevator) and noticed another guy was stood there. He told me he got shot in the head as well and I saw blood trickling out of his ear.

All I remember thinking was; "Don't fall asleep . . . Stay conscious and you'll be alright  . . ."

Yep, fun times to be had in my dreams, lol.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/12/06 at 7:45 am

Oh yes.  Glad you brought this forward -- I meant to reply to this one and got distracted (happens often  :-\\)

So....You had a situation and you had to make a decision and the consequences of that decision were potentially damaging but you could not clearly see what to do.  Yet, you had to do *something* because not doing anything would also have a bad result.
You felt stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

The interesting part of that dream is that it was mist that covered your feet.  Mist tends to represent the spiritual side of life and your feet are the things that carry you from one point of life to another.  Potentially this dream is saying.....it's okay....take a step of faith.

That's my best guess. :)  Anyone else? 

Yes, except I always considered it to relate to my whole life per se, rather than just one thing  :)

Potentially this dream is saying.....it's okay....take a step of faith.

That, or it's saying disaster awaits at every turn  ;)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/12/06 at 7:46 am

The last dream I remember having was about a week ago. I dreamt I was walking past this guy who randomly shot me in the head. I was still alive despite blood trickling out of my ear so I thought I should be heading for hospital so I got into a lift (elevator) and noticed another guy was stood there. He told me he got shot in the head as well and I saw blood trickling out of his ear.

All I remember thinking was; "Don't fall asleep . . . Stay conscious and you'll be alright  . . ."

Sounds like Bobby was dreaming of the Mafia  :o

Written By: Bobby on 05/14/06 at 6:50 pm

Sounds like Bobby was dreaming of the Mafia  :o

Getting shot in the head reminds me of another dream I had about a year ago where I was chatting with a gangster (looked a bit like one of those guys from 'The Anthill Mob'). He was talking quite casually with me and then all of a sudden he aimed a gun and fired a shot at me.

It's weird really because I don't particularly like gangsters, gangster films or getting shot in the head.

Any ideas for the above dreams, Ceekay?  :)

Written By: CeeKay on 05/14/06 at 7:12 pm

Getting shot in the head reminds me of another dream I had about a year ago where I was chatting with a gangster (looked a bit like one of those guys from 'The Anthill Mob'). He was talking quite casually with me and then all of a sudden he aimed a gun and fired a shot at me.

It's weird really because I don't particularly like gangsters, gangster films or getting shot in the head.

Any ideas for the above dreams, Ceekay?  :)

Yes...but I can't take the time to post it right now.  Later tonight...

Written By: Bobby on 05/14/06 at 7:14 pm

Yes...but I can't take the time to post it right now.  Later tonight...

No worries. I hope it isn't too much of a 'shot in the dark' (groan!).

Written By: CeeKay on 05/14/06 at 10:33 pm

Two very similar dreams, Bobby.  They may not be about the same exact thing, but a similar process that's going on perhaps.  Did you receive some disturbing news a year ago?  Did you ever hear the saying, "Oh, sure, I needed that like a shot in the head!" ?  A shot in the head might be like....being forced to acknoweldge something that was very painful (hence, the blood --the loss of life source) or that made you emotionally exhausted.

And in the dream listed first, the more recent one, the blood flows from the ears.  This has to do with taking in information, listening.  Someone told you something hurtful or you needed to tell someone something and they wouldn't listen?  (I'm guessing the first)?  You'd go to the hospital for healing (of this emotional wound) and into the elevator in an effort to try to make progress in your healing in an isolated way.  But there was someone else there.  So you weren't alone.

The gangster represents brutal honesty.  And at first he was talking casually -- my guess is you got some kind of news at that time that just shocked you and you're still dealing with it....or with yet another bit of difficult news.

That's my best shot  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 05/15/06 at 5:01 am

Two very similar dreams, Bobby.  They may not be about the same exact thing, but a similar process that's going on perhaps.  Did you receive some disturbing news a year ago?  Did you ever hear the saying, "Oh, sure, I needed that like a shot in the head!" ?  A shot in the head might be like....being forced to acknoweldge something that was very painful (hence, the blood --the loss of life source) or that made you emotionally exhausted.

And in the dream listed first, the more recent one, the blood flows from the ears.  This has to do with taking in information, listening.  Someone told you something hurtful or you needed to tell someone something and they wouldn't listen?  (I'm guessing the first)?   You'd go to the hospital for healing (of this emotional wound) and into the elevator in an effort to try to make progress in your healing in an isolated way.  But there was someone else there.  So you weren't alone.

The gangster represents brutal honesty.  And at first he was talking casually -- my guess is you got some kind of news at that time that just shocked you and you're still dealing with it....or with yet another bit of difficult news.

That's my best shot  ;)

That certainly is an educated look on things. Hmmmm . . . I split up from my ex about a year ago, the worst news was being told I had a debt to pay off I guess as I didn't know I had one to deal with.

Thank you for your interpretations. :)

k.

Written By: KKay on 05/15/06 at 10:57 am

ok...try this one.

I dreamed i was leaning aover my kitchen trash can with the hedge clippers ...i cut off two fingers. my right index and pinkie.
then i was completely embarassed that i had done it...i wondered if i should try to hide the two fingers that were laying in the trash.
i deicded people would think something was wrong with me if they saw so i had to hide my hand all the time..which was hard cuz i'm right handed...

go for it

Written By: Tia on 05/15/06 at 11:25 am

last night i dreamed that i ordered a cheeseburger.

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/06 at 11:42 am

ok...try this one.

I dreamed i was leaning aover my kitchen trash can with the hedge clippers ...i cut off two fingers. my right index and pinkie.
then i was completely embarassed that i had done it...i wondered if i should try to hide the two fingers that were laying in the trash.
i deicded people would think something was wrong with me if they saw so i had to hide my hand all the time..which was hard cuz i'm right handed...

go for it

I think my deadwood idea we talked about earlier was a good enough explanation.

Written By: KKay on 05/15/06 at 11:59 am

I think my deadwood idea we talked about earlier was a good enough explanation.

it was good and i'm still thinking about it...but the hiding it part? makes me think of a secret..

Written By: Tia on 05/15/06 at 12:01 pm

it was good and i'm still thinking about it...but the hiding it part? makes me think of a secret..
that's me. i'm your guilty secret.

Written By: KKay on 05/15/06 at 12:04 pm

that's me. i'm your guilty secret.

I would never snap you in two with garden shears and leave you in the trash.  now if that's not love, i don't know what is.

Written By: Tia on 05/15/06 at 12:08 pm

I would never snap you in two with garden shears and leave you in the trash.  now if that's not love, i don't know what is.
not even if i asked you to?

Written By: KKay on 05/15/06 at 12:11 pm

not even if i asked you to?

only if you covered yourself in olive oil, knelt down and asked very very very nicely.

Written By: CeeKay on 05/15/06 at 9:21 pm

ok...try this one.

This is somewhat feeble on my part but perhaps.... you are trying to reshape some aspect of yourself by getting rid of (or ignoring) a small but central aspect of who you are.  A fine point about yourself.  But something central to the heart of who you are (the kitchen is the heart of the home...in dreams the house represents you).  The pinkie is the small, particular aspect of yourself.  The index finger is the "pointer" so it's a fine point OR something you're being accused of (someone pointing a finger at you).  But you see this change as detrimental -- it might change the way other's view you and that is bothersome to you.

Those are the symbols but I can't think of a more reasonable explanation.  I'm way too tired. 

Check for new replies or respond here...