inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your Former screen names?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/18/06 at 11:04 am

I used to be Full_House_Fan and DevoRule, way back before I didn't realize that I was Donnie Darko.

Subject: Re: Your Former screen names?

Written By: lorac614 on 04/18/06 at 11:18 am

I've always been lorac614

Written By: Morton on 04/18/06 at 11:22 am

First couple of weeks I was Dumb Ass Kid... been DAK ever since

Written By: Step-chan on 04/18/06 at 11:41 am

Always been Step-chan, don't want to change it, like it too much.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/18/06 at 11:43 am

Originally I was ElDuderino, then I think The Dark Knight for a bit, than Alex_2005, and then I deleted my original account. I re-registered as deadrockstar, and early this year I changed my name to El_Duderino(slight variation), and recently Bruce Wayne for just a bit, and now I'm Master Of Reality.  I think I will be for awhile too.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/18/06 at 11:54 am

Except for one week, it has pretty always been Jamie McBain.

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/18/06 at 12:03 pm

I registered as bbigd04, but for most of 2006 I've had it as Brian06.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/18/06 at 12:22 pm

Never had a different one

Written By: whistledog on 04/18/06 at 12:24 pm

I originally registered as whistledog, but I have also had slight variations of my name, the most well known of which was └┴┘├┤│└┐┬∟∑

Written By: danootaandme on 04/18/06 at 12:26 pm

Once you go Danoota you never to back  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/18/06 at 12:48 pm

Once you go Danoota you never to back   ;D

;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/18/06 at 12:49 pm

Mine was first Ultraviolet52 as I accidently messed up when registering instead of putting Ultraviolet521 (which is the month and day of my birthday), and now, I put it back to Ultraviolet52 because I found that if you look up my screen name on Google, I came up instantly on this website, and that freaks me out a bit.  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/18/06 at 2:32 pm

Hmmmm, let me see. When I first registered, I was CatwomanofV. Then I changed it to CatwomanofV. Now, I am CatwomanofV.  ;D ;D :D :D :D  (But, everyone calls me Cat which I am fine with that.  ;D )

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/18/06 at 2:40 pm

my formal name is quirky_cat_girl....but I go by "quirk" for short. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/18/06 at 2:41 pm

I have never had a former screen name, I have always used the one I use now.

Written By: woops on 04/18/06 at 4:27 pm

Several I've forgotten  ::)  :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/18/06 at 4:41 pm

I never had one.  I've always been Sister Morphine.

Written By: Apricot on 04/18/06 at 7:58 pm

First couple of weeks I was Dumb Ass Kid... been DAK ever since

Didn't that get edited after a week or two?

I was, for the longest time "Apricot"... then I went through a crazy cycle of changes.. tons of names.. I don't even remember a lot.. but I've settled on "Tubeway General" now.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/18/06 at 8:02 pm

First was GoodRedShirt, then Good Red Shirt, then GRS, then

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/18/06 at 8:17 pm

I've been asked several times if I had a former screen name. 

Written By: Apricot on 04/18/06 at 8:20 pm

I've been asked several times if I had a former screen name. 

RARF?!?!?! :o :D

Written By: mandamoo on 04/18/06 at 8:31 pm

Started out using the nickname I've had since I was a kid, 'mandamoo' and did, up until I decided it was now a little too young and cutesy for someone in their 40's... ::) :P ;D

Written By: Apricot on 04/18/06 at 8:33 pm

Started out using the nickname I've had since I was a kid, 'mandamoo' and did, up until I decided it was now a little too young and cutesy for someone in their 40's... ::) :P ;D

Whoa.. you were mandamoo?

I didn't know that.. hm.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/18/06 at 8:39 pm

I've always been MidKnightDarkness. I was thinking of changing it, but never got around to it. Eh.

Written By: Apricot on 04/18/06 at 8:41 pm

I've always been MidKnightDarkness. I was thinking of changing it, but never got around to it. Eh.

Changing it to what? GHEY?!

Written By: mandamoo on 04/18/06 at 8:42 pm

Whoa.. you were mandamoo?

I didn't know that.. hm.

Didn't you ?  :o 

I'm sorry.....I actually didn't advertise the fact that I changed it at the time...maybe I should've  :-\\

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/18/06 at 8:43 pm

Changing it to what? GHEY?!

Perhaps.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/18/06 at 8:50 pm

RARF?!?!?! :o :D
I think that's the one, if RARF is the gentleman that used to post in blue, and that person's name starts with the letter M, and ends with K. then yeah.  suspected, but never proven  ::)  I hate using these bunny emoticons.  the only other screen names I have are on my softball forums, where my screen name is  almost-famous shortstop. Here I have only been Badfinger-fan.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/18/06 at 11:26 pm

I could never know you as anyone else  ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/18/06 at 11:36 pm

I could never know you as anyone else  ;)

I'll probably keep this one. Just to eliminate confusion.

Written By: Tam on 04/19/06 at 12:33 am

Always been Tam...
except for one night when I changed it to my pimp name - which I can't even remember.
although Maria and Andrea call me Trucker! 8) ;D ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/19/06 at 3:43 pm

I think that's the one, if RARF is the gentleman that used to post in blue, and that person's name starts with the letter M, and ends with K. then yeah.  suspected, but never proven  ::)  I hate using these bunny emoticons.  the only other screen names I have are on my softball forums, where my screen name is  almost-famous shortstop. Here I have only been Badfinger-fan.

Just so you know, I NEVER supected that you were someone else.

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/19/06 at 3:52 pm

I was Spudboy

Then I made a new account, Dominic L. From that I made Guest (to confuse people.), and then Justin came up with this one, DominEl

Other accounts I were include Oatmeal Is Warm, Lady Beard, and Bent Ears

Written By: nally on 04/19/06 at 4:31 pm

For the past three years, my alias on this site (and amiright.com) has been nally (even during the time I posted as a guest). However, I did think about possibly changing it to something between April and September of 2003...but I couldn't think of anything else, so I decided to stick with nally. So I've had only one "screen name" on this site. I do not intend to change it anytime soon.

Written By: whistledog on 04/19/06 at 7:49 pm

I once had an alternate account here under the name Clucky the Chicken, which I only used as a decoy in the chatroom (if people see a weird name in there, they come in), and it was working for a while, but I got tired of Clucky, so I killed him ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/19/06 at 7:57 pm

Just so you know, I NEVER supected that you were someone else.

Cat
I appreciate that Cat, thanks.  I think my background check is complete as there haven't been anymore suspicions, at least none that I'm aware of. Being here for over 4months now, I can see how easy it is to wonder and suspect new screen names may be former users.
I think I'll stay as is.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/19/06 at 9:51 pm

Always been Dagwood and probably always will be Dagwood.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/20/06 at 1:45 am

I have always feared that if I do change my name, someone else will come along and use it, so therefore I keep mine.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/20/06 at 2:04 am

G'day Donnie,

In one of my other posts (Ask Mr Mister  nothing), you pose the question am I really 'Alright Now'. I've been on this board approx 2 months. Originally I was '70sto80sGUY', then in profile settings adopted my current name. Thought I'd get the benefit of not having to hit shift / 'caps lock' to log in with the new name, which is also the band who did one of my all time favourites, 'Broken Wings'. Unfortunately, I've found I still have to  log in as '70sto80sGUY', and suspect deleting the account would be the only way to overcome that.

As for the suspicion, NO, I have never been another member on this board ... this is the only account I have here, or have ever had here ... believe it or not! I'm not entirely convinced about the integrity of having more than one account. There might be reasons, such as playing some kind of prank. Maybe someone here can list the benefits of having a second account to me ... that I might not have thought of. Obviously, you could award yourself karma with that other account ... really, I can't be bothered to big note myself that way / 'earn' dishonest 'applause'. As I said before, that seems pathetic.

I have toyed with the idea of making a temporary second account recently, but only for the reason of trouble-shooting. For some reason, the 'marquee' option no longer works for me (since about a week ago). I was messing about, experimenting, and don't know if I've messed  up my account setting somehow, i.e; whether the 'marquee' action is controlled by programming on the 'inthe00s.com' server, or locally on my machine, which might mean a windows re-install.

Anyway, about the only thing 'Alright Now' & I have in common, from having a look at some of his posts, is that he lives in the same country. Hoping you're satisfied with the above. If not, too bad.

Alright Now ? ;)

:)

P.S. Note, this is an edit

Very strange, I submiited a marquee on a smiley as a 'what the hell ' effort, expecting no movement, only to find it does. It's just that I seem to remember being able to see marquee movements in the 'preview' option, .... which now no longer happens for me. In fact, when I mark anything as 'marquee', it (the marked item)  is not visible at all during preview. Anyone else having this problem?

Okay, I'm alright now :) 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/20/06 at 2:04 am

Okay, I'm alright now :) 
aha! so you admit it

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/20/06 at 2:07 am

I have always feared that if I do change my name, someone else will come along and use it, so therefore I keep mine.

See, that's one reason why I haven't completely changed the name for something else.  I wouldn't want someone else to change their name to mine and then start posting, thus making people here think I am the one making the comments when in fact, I am not.

It's happened to me on another board and it's annoying as all f*ck.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/20/06 at 2:08 am

aha! so you admit it

I like a-ha  :D

Written By: nally on 04/21/06 at 12:09 am

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/21/06 at 7:55 am

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 8:37 am

I used to be Full_House_Fan and DevoRule, way back before I didn't realize that I was Donnie Darko.

So YOU were Full_House_Fan? Ahhh, that figures now...

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 8:38 am

I've used the non-de-plume 'Trimac20' for everything since late 2001, when I decided to create the avatar.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/21/06 at 8:42 am

You cannot (I suspect) change your name to a registered member's username (one they enter in while logging in) even if that member changed their screenname to something else. I'm not 100% sure of this though.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 10:24 am

You cannot (I suspect) change your name to a registered member's username (one they enter in while logging in) even if that member changed their screenname to something else. I'm not 100% sure of this though.

Yes, you're correct, I've tried it before. You cannot use the username the member registered, but you may use a past name (apart from the one they registered with). For instance, when I registered, I put in my display name as 'Trimac20', but I changed in several times to Mirror_rorriM for instance...Someone could use the latter as long as I was (obviously) not logged in by that name.

Check for new replies or respond here...