inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Scariest Moment You've Ever Had

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/19/06 at 10:51 pm

I'm not sure about myself yet, but I'd love to hear your stories!

Subject: Re: Scariest Moment You've Ever Had

Written By: whistledog on 04/19/06 at 10:54 pm

My scariest moment ever was when a chunk of ice slid of the side of a building, and hit me in the head.  Grasping my head, and seeing the blood all over my hands is a moment that still scares me

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/19/06 at 10:56 pm

I almost drowned when I was 4 back in summer 91, I fell out of my float thing and thank god this one kid dove down and saved me, I was like lying on the bottom of the pool and didn't know how to swin, very scary. And 3 years ago not long after I got my temps I almost got into an accident. I was turning left on a green light (no arrow) and I didn't pay attention to the cars coming the other way (very very stupid), and well I just saw it fast enough and stopped the turn.

Written By: Tia on 04/19/06 at 11:02 pm

somewhere on another thread i told the story of when i almost choked to death at a popeye's. that was screwed up.

i had one harrowing night when i took something illicit i shouldn't have taken (i'll not mention the details even though the statute of limitations has run out -- don't do as i did, kids! stay in school! do your homework!) which landed a bunch of other people in the hospital, definitely the most harrowing night of my life.

then there was that date with lisa mcginnies. lisa! call me! i should have kissed you! i chickened out!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/20/06 at 12:37 am

One of the scariest, as in life threatening is when I was swinging on a big swing at school, accidently merged with another swinger and went upside down, up and over.. and back again - hanging on for dear life. No one could believe their eyes... and I was just looking for mine..  ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/20/06 at 7:27 am

One of the scariest, as in life threatening is when I was swinging on a big swing at school, accidently merged with another swinger and went upside down, up and over.. and back again - hanging on for dear life. No one could believe their eyes... and I was just looking for mine..  ;D

Dear God   :o :o  that's lucky UV - reminds me of several 'accidents' that happened to me in the playground as a youngster,  like when I got smacked in the head by a swing cos' I wasn't watching out, then one time I fell backwards off the 'Witches Hat' roundabout and cracked my head - I swear to God I've had some lucky escapes not to mention losing my footing in a stirrup while out riding - the horse galloping off wildly with me bouncing around in the saddle, falling off and hanging on by only one foot trapped in the stirrup as I got dragged along!! to this day I dunno how we stopped!!

I still swear there are Guardian Angels

Written By: CeeKay on 04/20/06 at 7:48 am

i had one harrowing night when i took something illicit i shouldn't have taken (i'll not mention the details even though the statute of limitations has run out -- don't do as i did, kids! stay in school! do your homework!) which landed a bunch of other people in the hospital, definitely the most harrowing night of my life.

I had a frightening experiencing as the result of "something illicit" once too (and repeat the warning to the children).  It's hard to explain but it was the last time I ever took something so mind-altering.  To this day, I cannot watch horror movies because of it.

ANYWAY.... the more current-day scariest moment was when my daughter was about 2 -- we were going on the sky ride at an amusement park, and they pushed our cart forward before she was strapped in. There we were, high above the park, and for the entire ride, she was trying to climb out of the car.  I was terrified that I would lose my grip on her and she would fall to her death.  It was the longest five minutes of my life!

Written By: La Roche on 04/20/06 at 8:40 am

One, about.. 2 days after a messed up trip, I had a nasty ass vision and saw this HUGE Black fella standing behind some plate glass window next to the sidewalk I was walking on, he was wearing blue dungarees and looked kinda like the guy in The Green Mile but half his face was missing and there were like.. maggots and stuff where his flesh should have been. I actually screamed like a girl and ran away.

The really scary one.
I was fairly young, I guess about 11-12-13 or so. Me and my Dad were sailing and the boat capsized, it turned turtle (went all the way over) and we were underneath, it shouldn't have been a big deal but one of the ropes had wrapped it'self around my leg and I couldn't get up to the surface. I paniced for a moment but managed to stay calm enough to take my shoe off and work the rope off. By this time my vision was almost gone, just black spots everywhere, I got to the surface eventually and was fine a little while later.

Written By: KKay on 04/20/06 at 9:32 am

I can't think of anything. 

It's impossible that there is nobig scary event for me to tell.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/20/06 at 10:54 am

..not forgetting the time I ate some  ;D mara-Joanna* in my 20's and then saw a 2 foot wide spidder in the bath and afterwards proceeded on a 3 day long chat with everyone and anyone  :-[ :-[

*Marijuana

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/20/06 at 1:40 pm

Dear God   :o :o  that's lucky UV - reminds me of several 'accidents' that happened to me in the playground as a youngster,  like when I got smacked in the head by a swing cos' I wasn't watching out, then one time I fell backwards off the 'Witches Hat' roundabout and cracked my head - I swear to God I've had some lucky escapes not to mention losing my footing in a stirrup while out riding - the horse galloping off wildly with me bouncing around in the saddle, falling off and hanging on by only one foot trapped in the stirrup as I got dragged along!! to this day I dunno how we stopped!!

I still swear there are Guardian Angels

Ohh, boy, yours sound just as wacky and crazy! Getting trapped on the stirrup must of have been so frightening.  :o I am surprised you're still here typing!

Written By: Darkbreed on 04/20/06 at 1:48 pm

Theres many for me, but i would say one of the most scariest
thing that ever happen to me was when i was around 9-10
me and my dad went crabbing and there was a storm rolling
in so we were heading back to shore and like lighting struck like
maybe 5 feet away it was the loudest thing ever i was
so scared.

but no i would say it happen like maybe 3 weeks ago
i was riding Philly and like all i remember was falling down the back bowl
my friend said i hit my head and blacked out and all

Written By: La Roche on 04/20/06 at 1:50 pm

Theres many for me, but i would say one of the most scariest
thing that ever happen to me was when i was around 9-10
me and my dad went crabbing and there was a storm rolling
in so we were heading back to shore and like lighting struck like
maybe 5 feet away it was the loudest thing ever i was
so scared.

YIKES!!

You reminded me of one!

I'm sitting in this open air cafe in a small town in the Ardeche (southernish France).
A storm comes in very fast, but I'm under a large canopy so I'm really not bothered.
Lightning struck literally.. 50 yards away, and like Darkbreed said, It's SO LOUD!

It's like somebody shooting a gun, right next to your ear.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/20/06 at 1:57 pm

I can't think of anything. 

It's impossible that there is nobig scary event for me to tell.

K....when you were little and the tv tube popped?

Written By: Darkbreed on 04/20/06 at 2:00 pm

YIKES!!

You reminded me of one!

I'm sitting in this open air cafe in a small town in the Ardeche (southernish France).
A storm comes in very fast, but I'm under a large canopy so I'm really not bothered.
Lightning struck literally.. 50 yards away, and like Darkbreed said, It's SO LOUD!

It's like somebody shooting a gun, right next to your ear.

yes it is very very loud! i think after that i was under one of my
dads freidn crying lol
but after the storm i rmemeber getting a lot of crabs.
(sounds so wrong in so many ways)  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/20/06 at 2:04 pm

dads freidn crying lol

lol Crabs  ;D  I hope you got some ointment for that afterwards  ;D

Written By: KKay on 04/20/06 at 2:13 pm

K....when you were little and the tv tube popped?

it was the film on the film projector melting...
lol...its the source of an ongoing irrational fear...
i'm sure i can think of something else.

Written By: Darkbreed on 04/20/06 at 2:36 pm

lol Crabs  ;D  I hope you got some ointment for that afterwards  ;D

haha good one lolol ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/21/06 at 10:54 am

dads freidn crying lol

Urghhhhhhh  he got 'lots of crabs'    ;D ;D

Written By: jaytee on 04/21/06 at 11:04 am

My scariest moment was when I had my third child.  I went into labour very quickly and he was born 34 minutes later ... it was a terrifying experience .... such intense pain ... I think I went into shock and then had a huge post-partum bleed.  There were beepers going, nurses yelling for doctors and back-up.  The look on my Obstetrician's face when he came back into my room was very scary.  I really thought I was going to die.  I said to him "Am I dying?".  His reply "Don't you dare, that would mean too much paperwork for me!"  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/21/06 at 11:37 am

My scariest moment was when I had my third child.  I went into labour very quickly and he was born 34 minutes later ... it was a terrifying experience .... such intense pain ... I think I went into shock and then had a huge post-partum bleed.  There were beepers going, nurses yelling for doctors and back-up.  The look on my Obstetrician's face when he came back into my room was very scary.  I really thought I was going to die.  I said to him "Am I dying?".  His reply "Don't you dare, that would mean too much paperwork for me!"   :)

Wow!  That does indeed sound very terrifying, Janine!!  :o

Good thing you were okay!  :)

Written By: jaytee on 04/21/06 at 11:53 am

Wow!  That does indeed sound very terrifying, Janine!!  :o

Good thing you were okay!  :)

Thanks Karen - I did recover very quickly.  I decided to have my 4th child by C-Section because I didn't fancy the idea of giving birth on the way to the hospital.  They could also feed synthetic hormones through my drip so that I didn't bleed again.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 9:06 pm

I nearly drowned once when I was about 9 or 10 - come to think of it, I think it was the first time I ever treaded water. I think we were playing Marco-polo (not so much me, but my best friend at the time and someone else), and I decided to venture into the deep end (I could barely tread water back then) and next thing I know I'm underwater struggling for breath. Then I emerge spluttering and gasping (well it wasn't that bad, but I was scared sh!tless as I really thought I was going to die). But fortunately it hasn't scarred me of water psychologically for life.

Written By: Jessica on 04/22/06 at 12:06 am

Two weeks after I found out I was knocked up, I almost had a miscarriage. The thought of losing that precious little soon to be baby made me cry my eyes out. Luckily, he was okay, I was okay, and now he's alive and terrorizing the hell out of me. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/22/06 at 12:06 am

Two weeks after I found out I was knocked up, I almost had a miscarriage. The thought of losing that precious little soon to be baby made me cry my eyes out. Luckily, he was okay, I was okay, and now he's alive and terrorizing the hell out of me. :)

congrats on the pregnancy, Jessica....and that's great that everything is okay.

Check for new replies or respond here...