inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Saw A Crazy Thing Today

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/21/06 at 5:49 pm

While in town today I saw an odd looking lady approaching me with (what looked like) a shopping trolley. Anyway the closer she got the more I knew she was a bit wacky. In side the trolley compartments were 3 little Yorkshire terriers, all dressed up in minature dolls clothes - I swear to God one had a frilly dress on - I was so struck at what I was looking at I just stood and gawped and grinned awell - the woman staring at me as if I'd just landed off another planet    ;D ;D

tell us about anything weird you see or stuff that happens to you during the day

Subject: Re: I Saw A Crazy Thing Today

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/21/06 at 10:48 pm

While in town today I saw an odd looking lady approaching me with (what looked like) a shopping trolley. Anyway the closer she got the more I knew she was a bit wacky. In side the trolley compartments were 3 little Yorkshire terriers, all dressed up in minature dolls clothes - I swear to God one had a frilly dress on - I was so struck at what I was looking at I just stood and gawped and grinned awell - the woman staring at me as if I'd just landed off another planet    ;D ;D

tell us about anything weird you see or stuff that happens to you during the day

that must have been a bizarre sight indeed. too bad you did not get a pic, that would have been cool to post.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 10:59 pm

That is weird...

I can't really think of anything as weird as that atm, but when something comes up, I'll be sure to tell.

Written By: whistledog on 04/21/06 at 11:43 pm

I saw a crazy thing once.  Bill posted a decent topic in the 2000 section ;D

Written By: Apricot on 04/21/06 at 11:45 pm

Good thread idea..

I saw two gay men that looked exactly like each other holding hands and talking while walking my dog one day.. they had the exact same voice, too. Then I realized one of them was a woman, and I was freaked out.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/21/06 at 11:47 pm

Good thread idea..

I saw two gay men that looked exactly like each other holding hands and talking while walking my dog one day.. they had the exact same voice, too. Then I realized one of them was a woman, and I was freaked out.

OMFG...that is hilarious!! ;D :D

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 11:57 pm

Good thread idea..

OMG I often see that...see a couple of what I assume to be gay men, but one turns out to be a woman...

Written By: Apricot on 04/22/06 at 12:00 am

OMG I often see that...see a couple of what I assume to be gay men, but one turns out to be a woman...

The weird thing was, these two looked EXACTLY the same.. even with the voices... dressed the same, too.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/22/06 at 4:32 am

that must have been a bizarre sight indeed. too bad you did not get a pic, that would have been cool to post.

Yeah I went to pat one of the quieter dogs sitting docile in the top pocket and the women warned "mind your fingers, she might bite"    ;D

Good thread idea..

Being just a few miles from Brighton (known as the second gay capital in Britain) we see lots of men walking around holding hands with each other and girls with girls too.  Fair enough, but something that freaks me out every time I see it are male tv's - who are so obviously men but are dressed in womens clothes. The Adams apple or big hands gives it away everytime   ;D

I wish I could stop myself turning around to gawp after I've passed by them but I can't - fascinated and intrigued :-[

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/22/06 at 6:07 am

Once, in England, my dad saw a lady with a baby carriage on the M4.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/22/06 at 8:09 am

You must have been in Manhattan!  It is unbelievable what the moneyed crowd up there do to there animals.

http://www.dachshundsdressedforshow.com/Ruby-sun-and-flowers-harness-dress-outside.JPG

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/06 at 8:13 am

Have you considered carrying a digital camera with you at all times, for I have seen many a sight, including three men pushing a piano along an uneven pavement surface, with an elderly lady following and watching on, oy how I wish I had a camera then.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/22/06 at 8:35 am

Once there was a stray cow running through our suburb...it had escaped from a semi-trailer on the high-way and was running through the local park. It even made the local news...lol

Written By: CeeKay on 04/22/06 at 9:04 am

Once there was a stray cow running through our suburb...it had escaped from a semi-trailer on the high-way and was running through the local park. It even made the local news...lol

That's very funny!  Once I was driving to church, in Golden, CO -- which is near the mountains but it's suburbs.  Anyway, couldn't get there because the road was blocked by a herd of Elk.  Apparently the snow in the mountains had lasted through late spring and they were hungry.  Caused a big traffic jam but it was worthy it -- a cool sight to see.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/22/06 at 9:05 am

Once my kids and I were in downtown Denver and we saw a guy in a pink tutu on rollerskates.  Truly bizzare.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/22/06 at 11:08 am

You must have been in Manhattan!  It is unbelievable what the moneyed crowd up there do to there animals.

http://www.dachshundsdressedforshow.com/Ruby-sun-and-flowers-harness-dress-outside.JPG

Oh Nooooooooo isn't that just crass (imo) I can't bear seeing animals in clothes - freakin' ridiculous.

Once my friend and me went to Harrods in London as someone had told us there was a specific department for dog and cat wear and I didn't believe her - but sure enough everything you could want to dress yer kitty or dog up in was there, from gingham checks to neon rubber to gold lame...vomits    :P :P

Have you considered carrying a digital camera with you at all times, for I have seen many a sight, including three men pushing a piano along an uneven pavement surface, with an elderly lady following and watching on, oy how I wish I had a camera then.

That would have made a great pic especially her face!  Yes I should do that, actually used to do so in my 20's.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/22/06 at 7:27 pm

That's a funny thought!

Check for new replies or respond here...