inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Weirdest Thing that has happened to you

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/21/06 at 10:52 pm

I can't think of it right now, but someone I talk to on MSN said that the other day both a guy drove by him and took a picture of him and a drunk hobo gave him a slice of pizza!  :D

Subject: Re: Weirdest Thing that has happened to you

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 10:57 pm

Fairly often I experience those weird coincidences. Like I'm thinking of a very specific topic and the next moment it'll be on TV or Radio, or I'm thinking of a particular song and I hear it on the radio. I also have episodes of intense de-javu when I can actually predict how a situation is going to pan out.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/21/06 at 11:02 pm

:) I think I'm psychic.  ;D

This happens all the time.. like one time I was singing "Why Can't we be Friends?" by War, and like.. two minutes later, it was on the radio.

And yes, if I know a person well enough, I know exactly how a conversation will go with them, so it can come in handy!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/21/06 at 11:02 pm

:) I think I'm psychic.  ;D

This happens all the time.. like one time I was singing "Why Can't we be Friends?" by War, and like.. two minutes later, it was on the radio.

And yes, if I know a person well enough, I know exactly how a conversation will go with them, so it can come in handy!

that happens to me all the time too...also, when the phone rings, I almost always know who it will be.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/21/06 at 11:04 pm

that happens to me all the time too...also, when the phone rings, I almost always know who it will be.

I know who it is, mainly because only three people call, and around the same time...

One for me, one for my sister, and one for both (our dad)

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 11:05 pm

Another weird thing has to do with coins. If I want to flip a coin, I truly believe (well, maybe lol) I can actually 'will' the result. The same goes for dice. If I try hard enough I can get it to go heads or tails. Perhaps it's telekenesis?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/21/06 at 11:06 pm

Another weird thing has to do with coins. If I want to flip a coin, I truly believe (well, maybe lol) I can actually 'will' the result. The same goes for dice. If I try hard enough I can get it to go heads or tails. Perhaps it's telekenesis?

hmm...I dunno. I have always wanted to try to concentrate real hard and like make a glass move or something...that would rock!!! ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/21/06 at 11:07 pm

Like Matilda!

It would be useless, but cool!

I usually win with "Rock, Paper, Scissors"...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/21/06 at 11:08 pm

Like Matilda!

DUDE...yes!!! Matilda is awesome! That would be super neat to be able to do that.  I would like definitely do some funny things to people who got on my nerves.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 11:09 pm

Like Matilda!

Useless??? Dude, you obviously haven't thought out the possibilities!  ;) ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/21/06 at 11:10 pm

Useless??? Dude, you obviously haven't thought out the possibilities!  ;) ;)

Yes, if someone I hated just happened to be hanging by their fingernails off of a cliff, and I just barely move their fingernails a little....

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 11:11 pm

Yes, if someone I hated just happened to be hanging by their fingernails off of a cliff, and I just barely move their fingernails a little....

lol...wouldn't it give you more satisfaction to stomp their fingers with your foot? Then they'll know you really means business. It just seems so much more sadistic. The Dr. Evil-esque touch  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/21/06 at 11:12 pm

lol...wouldn't it give you more satisfaction to stomp their fingers with your foot? Then they'll know you really means business. It just seems so much more sadistic. The Dr. Evil-esque touch  ;D

Hence, the pointlessness of those powers

Written By: whistledog on 04/21/06 at 11:26 pm

A really weird thing happened to me a few years ago while I was at work.  One night, I was conversing with one of my co-workers about how great it would be to go home like right now.  Right after I said that, the power went out.  While we waited for the power to come back on, I jokingly wished how great it would be if it didn't come back on and we got like a week off.

My wish came true.  That poweroutage was the beginning of the infamous 2003 North American Blackout, that lasted for a few weeks :o

Written By: CeeKay on 04/21/06 at 11:34 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: whistledog on 04/21/06 at 11:40 pm

Wow.  So what you're saying is, like, that whole outage was your fault?  ;)

In a sense it was.  All of my co-workers accused me of the same thing ;D

Written By: jackas on 04/22/06 at 12:59 am

Ok, so when I was living in Phoenix I went into a grocery store to pick up something small and I was standing in line when some chick comes out of nowhere and says, "Hey, didn't I dance you at that night club on St Patricks day........your face."    I was like....."um no, I didn't even go out that night".  So she apologized and walk away and that was the end of it.  So a few months later I was in Cost Plus/World Market and I was looking at some dishes and some chick comes up from behind me and starts talking to me while she was looking down at the item she had in her hand.  So I just stood there and let her finish what she was saying and eventually she looked up and noticed I wasn't the person she thought I was.  She apologized and walked away.  Well, while I was at the check out counter getting my items rung up, I glanced across to the other check out and there was the girl I had just ran into and guess who she was with........??  The girl from the grocery store who asked me if I danced with her. ;D  It was too effing weird.  It wouldn't have been that odd if I had lived in a small city, but Phoenix is huge and how did I get mistaken twice by the same group of lesbian friends. ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/22/06 at 1:16 am

Maybe you just forgot because you were drunk...

Hey, it was St. Patty's day! :P

Written By: jackas on 04/22/06 at 8:12 am

Maybe you just forgot because you were drunk...

Hey, it was St. Patty's day! :P

I danced with her through osmosis?

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/22/06 at 10:08 am

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/22/06 at 4:41 pm

One night I evidently sleepwalked my way into the kitchen, when I woke up I found myself drinking a bottle of dishwashing detergent. Thank god it was not something like Cascade, it was for hand-washing dishes...

I found out that Clozaril, which I was taking at the time, could cause sleepwalking. I was taken off of it the next day.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/06 at 9:17 pm

dude, I just remembered this very odd thing that happened to me several years ago....my mom and I were visiting a school in Pittsburgh about 7 years ago, and we arrived there and had to park our car in this alley, because that was the only place to park....well, on the way back out, there was this homeless guy lurking around...my mom and I were already in our car (still parked)...he started yelling something at us ( I cannot remember what it was)....and then all of a sudden he JUMPED UP ON THE HOOD OF OUR CAR, still yelling very loud!! We were pretty freaked out! My mom was like, "just ignore him, maybe he'll go away"...like he was a bad zit or something....but anyway, he finally got off of our car, and we sped out of there!! :o

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/28/06 at 9:19 pm

:D !!!! WOW THAT WAS FUNNY!!!

Was he like... barking into your windshield or something? You should've sprayed Windex on him! :O

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/06 at 9:25 pm

:D !!!! WOW THAT WAS FUNNY!!!

Was he like... barking into your windshield or something? You should've sprayed Windex on him! :O

no, the dude was like banging on our windshield...cursing at us.  My mom started to drive off but he was still attached to our hood of the car....but finally he left!!!  I think he was mad that we wouldn't give him money, now that I think about it. ::)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/28/06 at 9:35 pm

no, the dude was like banging on our windshield...cursing at us.  My mom started to drive off but he was still attached to our hood of the car....but finally he left!!!  I think he was mad that we wouldn't give him money, now that I think about it. ::)

*Blank stare*

That sounds scary.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/06 at 9:45 pm

*Blank stare*

That sounds scary.

yes. yes it was.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/29/06 at 2:22 pm

Well, almost anytime I look at a customer where I work at, they come into thew line I'm working. I find it strange. 90% of the time I have a parody to submit, I end up in at the computers that stools to sit on instead of chairs(The stools are not the best area to be at, kinda of uncomfortable). Not exactly really weird, but weird enough that I noticed.

Another thing is that people recognize me, but I don't recognize them(I'm not sure if that qualifies as weird).

Darn! Can't really think of anything that has happened that is really weird.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/29/06 at 7:22 pm

Having someone who did not know me at all start screaming about me being a fat b*tch just because I happened to be eating lunch on the bench next to her while waiting to catch a bus....

Written By: CeeKay on 04/29/06 at 8:57 pm

Having someone who did not know me at all start screaming about me being a fat b*tch just because I happened to be eating lunch on the bench next to her while waiting to catch a bus....

That's truly bizarre.  :o

Once I was sitting on a bench outside some restaurants in the city and this old, bearded, scruffly man on the bench across from me takes out a shopping bag...from which he takes a gun and some bullets...and he starts putting the bullets in the gun.  He wasn't hiding this in any way; just loading the gun as if it's an everyday thing to do in the middle of the afternoon in Denver.  Well, I and the other people sitting there by us ... we each slowly stood up and walked away to find the nearest cop.

Check for new replies or respond here...