inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is it about Inthe00s that makes other forums pale in comparison?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/25/06 at 2:22 am

Talk amongst yourselves :))

Subject: Re: What is it about Inthe00s that makes other forums pale in comparison?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/25/06 at 2:43 am

I get a real sense of community and comradery here. People are quite friendly, and even though we can't always be friendly and at our best 100% of the time, more often than not, we're all a pretty friendly bunch. I think we just enjoy and value each others company. I love the the screen names and avatars which gives personality and identity to everyone. It's very cool when you connect with someone that has similar interests/likes. The forum offers so many different things, music, trivia, serious discussions, therapy, humor. It's funny because I call people here friends, and I feel like I've gotten to know some of you almost as well as some of the people I hang out with in real life and i look forward to seeing who is online, what has been posted, and to post some things myself. This is a good free form of entertainment that provides me hours of enjoyment.  8)

Subject: Re: What is it about Inthe00s that makes other forums pale in comparison?

Written By: whistledog on 04/25/06 at 3:05 am

for starters, I can say things like fuсk and not get scorned for it.  I can post some jargon in the PPP cause I want to ... and I can post more than one song a day in the what are you listening to threads.

Written By: whistledog on 04/25/06 at 3:06 am

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: whistledog on 04/25/06 at 3:07 am

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/25/06 at 4:19 am

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: whistledog on 04/25/06 at 4:21 am

Hey how come that eff word wasn't censored, I tried to post said word once and the system declined it, can't recall what was posted instead but I recall it had the opposite effect.   ;D ;D

censor?  what censors? ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/25/06 at 5:43 am

fudge

sorry just testing

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/25/06 at 5:44 am

Hmm, that is strange...

f.u.c.k

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/25/06 at 5:48 am

In answer to your question Ultraviolet, I guess it's cos it's sole purpose is a message board...no - inthe00s.com is probably only the second message board I've really become part of. I certainly feels like much more of an online community than other boards I post/have posted in, because a regular clientete come here. It's almost like a bar where people pop in and out to discuss topics from pop culture to politics, or just for some idle chat. The Arcade was also a good idea, allowing healthly competition between members. I don't intend to be going anywhere soon, and I spend a good deal of time online at inthe00s.com  :).

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/25/06 at 7:48 am

fudge

sorry just testing

You'd think it would have come out as fu ck?

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/25/06 at 8:48 am

You'd think it would have come out as fu ck?

*nods*, only whistledog seems to be able to do it

Written By: karen on 04/25/06 at 9:16 am

*nods*, only whistledog seems to be able to do it

I haven't worked out how he was able to do that.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/25/06 at 10:41 am

Most forums have no sense of community.  That is, nobody cares about the other member, so flaming, spamming, etc. is everywhere.  Here, the members tend to like or at least tolerate each other, so that stuff rarely happens.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/25/06 at 12:46 pm

I like to come here because there are oodles of people (like myself) who enjoy reminiscing about the days of the past, fun stuff from our childhood, great music/movies, and just everyday talk.  And....for the most part, everybody here is pleasant and fun to chat with.

Written By: whistledog on 04/25/06 at 1:46 pm

I haven't worked out how he was able to do that.

A magician never reveals his secrets ;D

Written By: Morton on 04/25/06 at 3:15 pm

I suppose it's 'cause even at it's most dead (coughs*like now*coughs), this place is more alive than about 70% of other forums out there.

And most people here are nice enough people

Written By: whistledog on 04/26/06 at 12:22 am

I suppose it's 'cause even at it's most dead (coughs*like now*coughs), this place is more alive than about 70% of other forums out there.

And most people here are nice enough people

I'd say it's more like 71% ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/26/06 at 12:25 am

I like that it's a nice place to hang out and chat with people.  A lot of people here are really nice.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/26/06 at 12:38 am

I've found a couple of forums along the way where people are real.  This is one of them.  The others have been places where the subject matter is pretty focused, so people have something specific in common.  Here...I don't know, a pretty random community of people who are being who they are, and that's fun.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/26/06 at 12:50 am

- Not overly specific in content.
- No overly strict moderation.
- A sense of community.
- Being able to say fuсk.  ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/26/06 at 12:53 am

And me:

fuсk
Luke knows the trick as well as wһіѕ

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/08/06 at 8:19 am

fudge fudge

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/08/06 at 8:20 am

- Not overly specific in content.
- No overly strict moderation.
- A sense of community.
- Being able to say fuсk.  ::)

It appears someone else already knows your secret, whistledog

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/08 at 4:59 am

It appears someone else already knows your secret, whistledog
I still haven't found the secret...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/15/08 at 11:23 am

I still haven't found the secret...

So you are the one who found this ancient thread and bumped it up.

That's ok. It's a good topic and I don't know how I missed it the first time around.

For me, this forum offers just about EVERYTHING-there is something for everyone. Talk about pop culture (movies, t.v. music etc.). Talk about religion or politics. Talk about food, fashion, sports, books, or any other topic you want to. And when you get bored, you can always play games. I have been to a couple of other forums and the topics were so limited. There is just so much you can talk about 1 single topic.

Then there is the community-which is the best. This place has people from all over the world-different cultures, different views, etc. To me, it is also a learning place-where I can learn about other cultures. And most of the people here I would love to sit down with a cup of tea/coffee and just shoot the breeze with. I feel that in a way, I invite all into my house (but I'm glad that is only figuratively. If it was literally, I would be embarrassed by the mess in this room right now.  :D ;D ;D ;D )

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/08 at 11:28 am

So you are the one who found this ancient thread and bumped it up.

That's ok. It's a good topic and I don't know how I missed it the first time around.

For me, this forum offers just about EVERYTHING-there is something for everyone. Talk about pop culture (movies, t.v. music etc.). Talk about religion or politics. Talk about food, fashion, sports, books, or any other topic you want to. And when you get bored, you can always play games. I have been to a couple of other forums and the topics were so limited. There is just so much you can talk about 1 single topic.

Then there is the community-which is the best. This place has people from all over the world-different cultures, different views, etc. To me, it is also a learning place-where I can learn about other cultures. And most of the people here I would love to sit down with a cup of tea/coffee and just shoot the breeze with. I feel that in a way, I invite all into my house (but I'm glad that is only figuratively. If it was literally, I would be embarrassed by the mess in this room right now.  :D ;D ;D ;D )

Cat
In fact a Guest was viewing it and I jumped in.

Written By: whistledog on 01/15/08 at 11:28 am

I can sum this question up in two words:  Regular posting

Alot of other 80s, 70s, etc related boards I go to has lots of members, but on those boards, posts come maybe every 2nd or 3rd day (if you're lucky).  With inthe00s, there's always someone posting

Written By: Howard on 01/15/08 at 3:56 pm

Lots of nice people.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/15/08 at 4:18 pm

Lots of nice people.

You said it, Howard!  :)

Written By: Howard on 01/15/08 at 4:19 pm

You said it, Howard!  :)

And a forum that acts like a "family.

Check for new replies or respond here...