inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: On Quirks, Ticks and Plain Weird Habits

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/25/06 at 11:08 pm

We all have our own little peculiarities; for instance some of mine. When I'm walking in the mall, or on a paved surface, and there are checquered tiles of two different colours, I always like to walk on tiles of only one colour, as well as avoiding cracks. I'm not superstitious and I don't have OCD (well, I don't THINK I do), I just do stuff like that. I also like creating my own made-up countries (still haven't grown out of it), creating political profiles, geography.etc, am slightly hynophobic (I spose that's a recognised condition, though), have a weird sense of humour (like laughing alot during violent scenes in movies, though I never laugh at real life violence and am not some sadistic sicko) and think up threads like these while in the shower...

Would you care to share any quirks you have? Don't be ashamed, they make you special... :)

Subject: Re: On Quirks, Ticks and Plain Weird Habits

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/25/06 at 11:10 pm

I do the first one ^

Written By: whistledog on 04/25/06 at 11:11 pm

I saw the word Quirk, and thought this thread was about Erin ;D

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/25/06 at 11:12 pm

If you've got ticks, I recommend you see someone about that. Lyme disease can be dangerous.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/26/06 at 12:45 am

We all have our own little peculiarities; for instance some of mine. When I'm walking in the mall, or on a paved surface, and there are checquered tiles of two different colours, I always like to walk on tiles of only one colour, as well as avoiding cracks. I'm not superstitious and I don't have OCD (well, I don't THINK I do), I just do stuff like that. I also like creating my own made-up countries (still haven't grown out of it), creating political profiles, geography.etc, am slightly hynophobic (I spose that's a recognised condition, though), have a weird sense of humour (like laughing alot during violent scenes in movies, though I never laugh at real life violence and am not some sadistic sicko) and think up threads like these while in the shower...

Would you care to share any quirks you have? Don't be ashamed, they make you special... :)

This thread is a sibling to our "name your dysfunction" thread.  What differentiates a "quirk, tick or weird habit" from a "dysfunction"?  I guess one is just a weird thing you do, and one is a weird thing about you that makes you unable to do necessary normal stuff.  (Oy.  I've just come back from having Margueritas).

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/26/06 at 4:28 am

This thread is a sibling to our "name your dysfunction" thread.  What differentiates a "quirk, tick or weird habit" from a "dysfunction"?  I guess one is just a weird thing you do, and one is a weird thing about you that makes you unable to do necessary normal stuff.  (Oy.  I've just come back from having Margueritas).

They're quite different...qurks are not necessarily a bad thing. They can add something refreshing and positive to your personality.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/06 at 6:07 am

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/06 at 6:11 am

Well, let's see.

I use a fork and knife to cut almost every kind of food that I am eating.....even pizza, sandwiches, burgers, etc....to me, it's a lot easier than holding the sandwich and having the contents fall out everywhere.

When I eat pizza....I scrape off all of the toppings and cheese, eat those, and then proceed to eat the dough/crust of the pizza.

I like to have things "just so" a lot of the time....like certain things on my desk a certain way....and if they aren't, I get somewhat nervous.

I refuse to drink water from the tap....it has to be bottled water or nothing.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/26/06 at 6:17 am

Well, let's see.

I use a fork and knife to cut almost every kind of food that I am eating.....even pizza, sandwiches, burgers, etc....to me, it's a lot easier than holding the sandwich and having the contents fall out everywhere.

Burgers taste better when eaten with your fingers.  ;)

When I eat pizza....I scrape off all of the toppings and cheese, eat those, and then proceed to eat the dough/crust of the pizza.

It's a bit like those people who lick the cream off oreos/any cream-filled biscuit. I don't get that. They're supposed to go together! lol

That's not weird. I don't like tap water either.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/26/06 at 6:19 am

When out walking with someone I try not to let someone walk between us.  It's kinda like the breaking
of an ethereal bond. 

Written By: CeeKay on 04/26/06 at 8:27 am

They're quite different...qurks are not necessarily a bad thing. They can add something refreshing and positive to your personality.

Ah, yes.  Good way to put it.
So here's the funny thing.  I'm very aware of my disorders but I don't know what my quirks are.  Ka?

Written By: KKay on 04/26/06 at 8:33 am

Ah, yes.  Good way to put it.
So here's the funny thing.  I'm very aware of my disorders but I don't know what my quirks are.  Ka?

ummmm. well, i cant say they are quirks...they are really my quirks cuz i can only think of things you do that annoy me... ;D ;D ;D

Written By: lorac614 on 04/26/06 at 8:41 am

If I'm with someone and there are a choice of seats, two next to each other or one across from the other, I'd rather sit across from someone.  I like to look at people straight on rather than turning sideways to look at them. 

I count stairs as I walk up or down them. 

I buy certain items in groups of three or four.  Like Mac & Cheese, always 4 boxes.  Paper towels three rolls at a time. 

If the fitted sheets start to slide up, I will not be able to sleep unless I fix them.

I twirl my hair when I'm tired or stressed.

I heat things in the microwave for odd amounts of time, like 49 seconds or 29 seconds...why not 50 or 30?

I could go on...I guess I'm very weird!  LOL!!

Written By: CeeKay on 04/26/06 at 8:43 am

ummmm. well, i cant say they are quirks...they are really my quirks cuz i can only think of things you do that annoy me... ;D ;D ;D

Bahahaha!  ;D

Here's what I think:  I have no quirks.  You have no disorders.  (wait a minute...that makes me way too boring and you way too sane  ;D )

And no, I'm not going to ask you what I do that annoys you.
(well, okay, one example, go for it).

Written By: KKay on 04/26/06 at 8:48 am

Bahahaha!  ;D

Here's what I think:  I have no quirks.  You have no disorders.  (wait a minute...that makes me way too boring and you way too sane  ;D )

And no, I'm not going to ask you what I do that annoys you.
(well, okay, one example, go for it).

no way.
i'll tell you when i see you... (it's not your fault that you always have a lipstick outline around your mouth but no lipstick!)  ;D ;D

a Quirk? the nose scrunch...not so much a scrunch as a nostril flare. i think you learned how to flare your nostrils and then made it part of every expression...there. a quirk.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/26/06 at 8:53 am

no way.
i'll tell you when i see you... (it's not your fault that you always have a lipstick outline around your mouth but no lipstick!)  ;D ;D

a Quirk? the nose scrunch...not so much a scrunch as a nostril flare. i think you learned how to flare your nostrils and then made it part of every expression...there. a quirk.

;D ;D
I don't do that anymore.....do I  ???
When?
(yeah, I was going to come back and say..."perhaps we should not do this publicly!" ;D )

Written By: KKay on 04/26/06 at 8:57 am

;D ;D
I don't do that anymore.....do I  ???
When?

all the time...telling a funny story, reacting to something gross, imitating an opera singer, talking about something you thoughtwas stupid, making an "oh no!" face...

you're still cute, don't worry about it. :)

Written By: CeeKay on 04/26/06 at 9:00 am

all the time...telling a funny story, reacting to something gross, imitating an opera singer, talking about something you thoughtwas stupid, making an "oh no!" face...

you're still cute, don't worry about it. :)

How funny.  (oh, yeah, that ol' opera singer imitation gets me every time!  :D )

Written By: KKay on 04/26/06 at 9:39 am

ok...i chew on the inside of my mouth a lot,
i open my eyes really wide for some reason..
and i know i sniff alot..(co workers told me it makes them crazy)

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/26/06 at 10:12 am

I heat things in the microwave for odd amounts of time, like 49 seconds or 29 seconds...why not 50 or 30?

I'm the complete opposite. I can't stand non-rounded numbers. If I buy anything in bulk, I'd prefer them to be in tens or at least fives. 

Written By: KKay on 04/26/06 at 10:38 am

I'm the complete opposite. I can't stand non-rounded numbers. If I buy anything in bulk, I'd prefer them to be in tens or at least fives. 

OK you reminded me. I have to begin an activity on the hour. if it's 10 before 5, i'll have to wait till 5.
i think it's another procrastination technique.

and i can't get my hands wet when i turn on the shower. only in the shower.
if i turn on the water and it gets on me, i wipe it off.
i hate getting my arm all wet before it has to be.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/26/06 at 10:42 am

OK you reminded me. I have to begin an activity on the hour. if it's 10 before 5, i'll have to wait till 5.
i think it's another procrastination technique.

;D :D ;D  I love that - but I'm not even gonna start with my oddities  ;D

I just love hearing about quirks like that it makes me feel better  :)

Written By: KKay on 04/26/06 at 10:49 am

;D :D ;D  I love that - but I'm not even gonna start with my oddities   ;D

I just love hearing about quirks like that it makes me feel better   :)

I love this too...good thread!

Written By: karen on 04/26/06 at 10:58 am

I do a similar thing.  I run the water into the basin to wash my son's face in the morning.  Check the temperature, dry my hand and then get his flannel, get both hands wet whilst squeezing it beofre washing his face.  But I can't stand it if I don't dry my hand before picking up his flannel.  I tried it once and it felt horrible!!

Written By: KKay on 04/26/06 at 12:38 pm

I do a similar thing.  I run the water into the basin to wash my son's face in the morning.  Check the temperature, dry my hand and then get his flannel, get both hands wet whilst squeezing it beofre washing his face.  But I can't stand it if I don't dry my hand before picking up his flannel.  I tried it once and it felt horrible!!

I"m so glad you agree...I hate the feeling. and it even makes me a little angry when it happens..
so strange.

but then the Karens' quirks are all endearing..
Karens are cool.

Written By: lorac614 on 04/26/06 at 2:26 pm

OK, so I went to the store and I bought 3 boxes of Mac&Cheese and two rolls of paper towels.  I was living on the edge today!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smilies/yelclap.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smilies/yelclap.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smilies/yelclap.gif

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/26/06 at 4:13 pm

:o

Wow, that's weird!

But whatever suits you!

Written By: CeeKay on 04/26/06 at 4:26 pm

I will straighten pictures on any wall, wherever I am (if no one's looking) because I cannot bear to see them crooked and I can't just ignore it.

Written By: lorac614 on 04/26/06 at 4:33 pm

I will straighten pictures on any wall, wherever I am (if no one's looking) because I cannot bear to see them crooked and I can't just ignore it.

I do that too, I hate crooked pictures.  I was at the Dr's once and there was someone on the couch in front of a big framed print, it was crooked...I was temped to ask them to move for a second!! LOL!!

Written By: loki 13 on 04/26/06 at 5:00 pm

I always have to add a little extra to whatever I am making. I make a pot
of coffee it's 4 tablespoons and a couple of extra grounds. When I add
sugar to a 20oz. mug, It's 3 level tablespoons and a couple of extra grains
of sugar.I am not talking a 1/2 or a 1/4 tbs, I am talking a couple of grains.
It's such a small amount, you can almost count the grains.

Written By: La Roche on 04/26/06 at 5:17 pm

Where to begin.

I have a major issue with things touching my throat, even real light. I am constantly tugging at the front of whatever shirt I am wearing because I can feel it on my throat.

When I laugh, it a) sounds different around different people but b) I hide the bottom half of my face, it's weird.

I can't stop biting, picking at and chewing on my nails, it's got to the stage where I will sit there for 10 minutes without realizing my finger is in my mouth.

I do weird stuff with my eyes.
My left eyelid is always halfway closed, the right one is usually nearly half closed as well, but there is just the slightest little difference, I don't know why, I just never fully open my eyes.
I also make them twitch, on purpose. Don't know why.

I sometimes get bizare little outbursts, where I'll just make a noise.
It doesn't happen often, but I can be sitting there watching TV or something, then convulse and go "Eeeep". It's really quite hilarious.

I consistently fret wank in public.
Everyone who knows what that is will laugh, everyone who doesn't will be disgusted.  :)

I tensen my calfs to the point where they will cramp.

I almost never call anybody by their name, ever. It's just something about doing it, I don't know.
Even my best friends and family.
I will generally just throw a comment in there general direction instead of addressing them by name.

When I get excited, my voice moves about 2 octaves higher  ;D

When I eat a sandwhich, I eat around in an anti-clockwise motion.

There are many more, I'll save them for another time.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/26/06 at 5:29 pm

Okay, I can't walk on the cracks in a sidewalk.  I must step over them.  If I'm at the mall or any other place where there are tiled floors, my foot must be completely inside the tile for each step; my foot can't touch the line at all.  When I was living at the dorms at school, coming up to the gates there were these two metal stantions in the ground and I had to walk between them, I could not walk around them.  When I walk in an elevator and there are metal bars on the wall to hold on to, I must touch them all .  Before I go to bed , I must lock the patio door and screen and I must lock the door leading to the garage and the front door.  I check each lock 4 times before I go upstairs.  I also give my doggie a kiss goodnight; 4 on his nose, 4 on his forehead .

When my Yankees play the Red Sox, I take a pair of red socks and I tie a shoelace around them like a noose and hang them over my door.  I have to do that before first pitch or else we lose the game.  If the game is on TV, I never watch when the other team is at the plate.  I only watch when we're batting. 

I'm weird.  :-\\

Written By: loki 13 on 04/26/06 at 5:40 pm

I too, am always tugging at the front of my shirts.

In 24 and 1/2 years of marriage, I think I called my wife by her given name,
maybe twice.

I don't wear socks with holes in them, no matter how small, or socks with
worn elastic. My socks have to be knee high, even in summer.

Very seldom do I wear shorts, when I do my daughters are constantly
pulling my knee high socks down.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/26/06 at 5:58 pm

I nibble at the skin on the sides of my fingernails, sometimes to the point of pain or bleeding.  I can't stand to see a loose piece of skin there.  It's a neverending dilemma.

(Notice I initially said I had no quirks.  But now they're slowly coming to the surface.  Sometimes my ex will say, "Do you have anything you need to talk with me about?" and I'll say "nope" and the proceed to talk to him about three different issues.  Is that a quirk or a dysfunction?)

Written By: La Roche on 04/26/06 at 6:40 pm

I nibble at the skin on the sides of my fingernails, sometimes to the point of pain or bleeding.  I can't stand to see a loose piece of skin there.  It's a neverending dilemma.

Yup, mine is pretty nasty.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/26/06 at 6:45 pm

I sometimes get bizare little outbursts, where I'll just make a noise.
It doesn't happen often, but I can be sitting there watching TV or something, then convulse and go "Eeeep". It's really quite hilarious.

=D Me too!

Written By: Morton on 04/26/06 at 6:50 pm

I chew my fingernails a lot, and I am also prone to random outbursts.. usually when i'm bored on msn the computer. I also crack my finger joints and knuckles, but it irritates me and i've been trying to stop for years with no success

Written By: La Roche on 04/26/06 at 6:53 pm

=D Me too!

Like a little burst of energy?

A tingle up your spine?

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/26/06 at 7:11 pm

Like a little burst of energy?

A tingle up your spine?

No tingle, but.. I just.. like... "try to resist.. no use...

AGHH!H! SDJKFOEL JIKL

Sorry!"

Written By: La Roche on 04/26/06 at 7:22 pm

No tingle, but.. I just.. like... "try to resist.. no use...

AGHH!H! SDJKFOEL JIKL

Sorry!"

Oh, I get no warning.
Just go 'Eeee' and then I'm calm for the rest of the day.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/26/06 at 7:24 pm

Oh, I get no warning.
Just go 'Eeee' and then I'm calm for the rest of the day.

I usually just do it when there's nothing better to do.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/26/06 at 9:11 pm

I almost never call anybody by their name, ever. It's just something about doing it, I don't know.
Even my best friends and family.
I will generally just throw a comment in there general direction instead of addressing them by name.

I think I have a problem with calling people by name as well. But for me it's more of a confidence thing. I always feel a little uncomfortable calling their name to get their attention, even family members/friends (though the fact I have very few friends probably relates to the self-esteem thing, but anyway)...

When I'm bored I also tend to sing to myself...which is no crime. It actually does brighten up your day. I guess my fellow pedestrians must've thought me a bit fruity or weird! lol.

Anyway, I love reading stuff like this, keep 'em coming...

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/26/06 at 10:14 pm

I also like creating my own made-up countries (still haven't grown out of it), creating political profiles, geography.etc,

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Stop right there.

http://www.nationstates.net

If you're not already an NS player, Nationstates is probably *EXACTLY* what you've been looking for all your life, but never thought to ask someone to code up for you.  Free to play, and by far the best 5 minutes a day you'll ever spend.

(Hmm, Public nudity?  Skateboarding?  I know, I'll make *both* mandatory!  What could go wrong?)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/26/06 at 10:26 pm

I tried Davey Thrashmister's clock-wise sandwich eating thing today, and I can see why he does it!!

Written By: CeeKay on 04/26/06 at 10:31 pm

I think I have a problem with calling people by name as well. But for me it's more of a confidence thing. I always feel a little uncomfortable calling their name to get their attention, even family members/friends (though the fact I have very few friends probably relates to the self-esteem thing, but anyway)...

Me too.  I have always had a hard time to call someone by name, especially if I haven't yet gotten to know them very well.  When I'm new to a job, I have to force myself to use people's names but I feel very awkward about it.  After awhile, it becomes easier and I know people like to hear their names.  But it's hard!

When I'm bored I also tend to sing to myself...which is no crime. It actually does brighten up your day. I guess my fellow pedestrians must've thought me a bit fruity or weird! lol.

Anyway, I love reading stuff like this, keep 'em coming...

Well, I do sing pretty much anywhere.  Not super loudly or anything...but I will sing walking down the street or in the supermarket.  I think everyone should sing wherever they are if they want to. 

Written By: La Roche on 04/26/06 at 10:39 pm

Well, I do sing pretty much anywhere.  Not super loudly or anything...but I will sing walking down the street or in the supermarket.  I think everyone should sing wherever they are if they want to. 

(i_idiotically_tried_to_break_the_rules_by_using_profanity) (whaaa??) Fuc*in A!

I'm always singing to myself, fret wanking away, wherever I'm at.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/26/06 at 11:00 pm

When it's raining I like to sing, 'Singin' in the Rain'  ;D

Written By: jackas on 04/26/06 at 11:16 pm

Well, let's see.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......you need to eat with my husband.  He uses a knife for everything including things like pancakes or eggs.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/26/06 at 11:26 pm

People eating CHIPS with a knife and fork...and that can really grate your nerves.

Written By: karen on 04/27/06 at 3:53 am

I don't wear socks with holes in them, no matter how small, or socks with
worn elastic. My socks have to be knee high, even in summer.

How do you get your foot in then?  ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/27/06 at 8:02 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......you need to eat with my husband.  He uses a knife for everything including things like pancakes or eggs.

I....ah....er....do that too. :-
People eating CHIPS with a knife and fork...and that can really grate your nerves.

now THAT is something that I don't do. LOL! ;D

Written By: karen on 04/27/06 at 8:14 am

It depends on what else I am eating with the chips.  Just chips on their own then I might use my fingers but pie and chips or fish and chips requires cutlery

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/27/06 at 8:15 am

It depends on what else I am eating with the chips.  Just chips on their own then I might use my fingers but pie and chips or fish and chips requires cutlery

chips as in "french fries"....or chips as in "potato chips"?  I use my fork and knife to cut french fries sometimes.....but never for regular potato chips.

Written By: KKay on 04/27/06 at 8:48 am

OH the singing runs in our family.  I can hear what's playing on the supermarket muzak before I walk in...
then quiz you on who the song is and the band and the composer.. but that's not a quirk..

My quirk is I tend to tap my foot in some kind of rhythm all the time...a cha-cha, a 4/4....
I can talk , work, and the tapping still goes on, with a steady tempo.

I rub my feet together when i'm nervous or excited or embarassed.
I twirl my hair.
I raise one eyebrow when I"m listening.

Written By: La Roche on 04/27/06 at 8:52 am

My quirk is I tend to tap my foot in some kind of rhythm all the time...a cha-cha, a 4/4....
I can talk , work, and the tapping still goes on, with a steady tempo.
I twirl my hair.
I raise one eyebrow when I"m listening.

These are quriks.. ok, add them to my list  ;D

The eyebrow thing is continuous, before I removed myself from the photographic record, all of my pictures had the eyebrow raised in them.

When I had long hair I used to wrap it around my finger and then tug at it. It was bad.

The foot thing is similar.
I rest my foot with my toes and the front of my foot on the floor, and then bounce the heel up and down at some sort of Burzumesque tempo for hours.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/27/06 at 9:18 am

The foot thing is similar.
I rest my foot with my toes and the front of my foot on the floor, and then bounce the heel up and down at some sort of Burzumesque tempo for hours.

Me too.  I was just going to describe this but you did a better job.  Thanks.  ;)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/27/06 at 9:35 am

;D WTF is fret-wanking??

Written By: KKay on 04/27/06 at 10:26 am

Is this a quirk?

It's the opposite of what you anal-retentive people do.

I have no ritual...no constant order to things.
When I get up I don't do the same thing as the day before..I don't "get up, pee, brush teeth, get coffee,..."
and therefore I never know what time it is...I don't come home and "put the keys down, take off shoes, go to fridge..."
every daily event is done in random order each time..

makes me forgetful and lose track.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/27/06 at 10:47 am

Is this a quirk?

When I get up I don't do the same thing as the day before..I don't "get up, pee, brush teeth, get coffee,..."
and therefore I never know what time it is...I don't come home and "put the keys down, take off shoes, go to fridge..."

'Happiness is striking the right balance between chaos and order' - anon.

Written By: La Roche on 04/27/06 at 11:49 am

Is this a quirk?

It's the right way.

Get up at different times.

Sometimes pee, sometimes shower, sometimes check e-mail, sometimes play with dog, sometimes watch sports center. It's all good.

Come home.

Sometimes back door, sometimes front. Kick shoes off wherever.

Only thing I always do in regard to ritual like that, is I always leave the house in the morning, either on the hour, the half hour or at quater past or quater till.

;D WTF is fret-wanking??

Ok, you know when you listen to somebody like Kirk Hammet or Steve Vai or whatever play a real fast intricate solo with fingers moving all over the fret board. I call that Fret wanking.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/27/06 at 11:59 am

Same here. 

I used to drink tap water up until the time I got pregnant with my son...then I developed an aversion to the taste and now I can only drink water from bottles... ???

Written By: CeeKay on 04/27/06 at 12:27 pm

Is this a quirk?

I was just going to say this.  I'm the same way.  And even though I put up a hook to hang my keys -- I only use it about a third of the time and so I'm always searching for them.  I don't care what order I get dressed in.  And I have no morning or evening routine (except, for instance, rehearsals on Tuesday nights because someone else set the schedule).  I think it allows for creative free living....but it also can result in confusion and wasted time searching for lost items.  ???

Written By: CeeKay on 04/27/06 at 1:12 pm

I have a morning ritual....only because I drink alot of water at night and ALWAYS have to pee as soon as I get up ;D

Well....yes, that's pretty much a given.  :)

I do have an airport ritual though.  And I have my drive and parking and everthing down to a science so that I always have time to do everything I like to do, in the order I like to do it, without having to rush (this of course applies only to the From Denver-To Wherever leg of the trip.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/27/06 at 2:56 pm

Ok, you know when you listen to somebody like Kirk Hammet or Steve Vai or whatever play a real fast intricate solo with fingers moving all over the fret board. I call that Fret wanking.

Ah I see, but noone mention wet franking when Howies here. OK.

He has a thing about those  ;D

Written By: karen on 04/28/06 at 5:50 am

I don't care what order I get dressed in. 

Neither do I - except I put my underwear on first!  ;)

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/28/06 at 6:29 am

Neither do I - except I put my underwear on first!  ;)

I often wear my shirts inside out, and may go a whole day without realising.

Quite embaressing...

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/28/06 at 6:55 am

Well, let's see.

Having lived in a city with very good tap water most of my life, I cannot drink tap water from anywhere else. It's always bottled or boiled...  :P

Written By: Howard on 04/28/06 at 2:37 pm

Ah I see, but noone mention wet franking when Howies here. OK.

He has a thing about those   ;D

What's wet franking?

Written By: Darkbreed on 04/28/06 at 7:51 pm

when ever i have a can soda
i turn the tab to the left.

and when getting dressed my socks go on first

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/30/06 at 1:15 am

What's wet franking?

Go back to primary school, Howard

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/02/06 at 10:13 am

What's wet franking?

Howie, a play on words dude.    sighs

As a spin off to my preference for (over) clean hands before I eat, (tho' I know this isn't a serious tic just a bit of OCD and probably everyone likes beautifully clean hands anyways, when you think of all those stinking germs on door handles etc) anyways antiseptic hand wipes come in very handy for cleaning my pc keyboard/mouse/telephone etc, so it's cheaper than buying those expensive specially produced computer cloths.

Written By: Howard on 05/02/06 at 1:17 pm

Go back to primary school, Howard

Sorry,I'm not as smart as you think I am.

Written By: La Roche on 05/02/06 at 3:11 pm

(tho' I know this isn't a serious tic just a bit of OCD and probably everyone likes beautifully clean hands anyways, when you think of all those stinking germs on door handles etc)

Except me.. I never do.

Written By: CeeKay on 05/02/06 at 3:17 pm

Except me.. I never do.

And me.  I never do either.  (Think about germs that is).  Do you know that if you use too many germ killers you could get sick more because your body won't build up necessary immunities.

Written By: La Roche on 05/02/06 at 3:24 pm

And me.  I never do either.  (Think about germs that is).  Do you know that if you use too many germ killers you could get sick more because your body won't build up necessary immunities.

One of the few things I picked up from my Father.

"Don't wash your hands son, the antibodies will do you good."

Of course, this was after clearing bird nests out of the gutters.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/03/06 at 1:09 pm

One of the few things I picked up from my Father.

"Don't wash your hands son, the antibodies will do you good."

Of course, this was after clearing bird nests out of the gutters.

And don't shower as well, as it will remove all the beneficial natural oils on your skin...

Written By: La Roche on 05/03/06 at 10:09 pm

And don't shower as well, as it will remove all the beneficial natural oils on your skin...

If you like mate.

I tend to shower to remove the smell of goat.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/04/06 at 3:18 am

If you like mate.

goat? 

Written By: KKay on 05/04/06 at 8:33 am

If you like mate.

Thing is, being half goat, this does not always work out for him.  :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/04/06 at 9:37 am

Uh huh, so he's a goat-man. Won't it be troublesome getting into the shower with the body of a goat?

Written By: karen on 05/04/06 at 9:39 am

Uh huh, so he's a goat-man. Won't it be troublesome getting into the shower with the body of a goat?

He had one specially built to accomodate him

Written By: Abix on 05/04/06 at 10:10 am

Maybe he has the body of a man and the face of a goat!  ;D I couldn't resist :P

Written By: La Roche on 05/04/06 at 12:47 pm

He had one specially built to accomodate him

Maybe he has the body of a man and the face of a goat!  ;D I couldn't resist :P

Thanks for that Harem.

No, it's the smell of goat.

When you start to smell bad, I.. tend to be reminded of farm animals, goats in particular.

Thus, one showers to remove the smell of goat.

Written By: KKay on 05/04/06 at 2:44 pm

Thanks for that Harem.

No, it's the smell of goat.

When you start to smell bad, I.. tend to be reminded of farm animals, goats in particular.

Thus, one showers to remove the smell of goat.

If you shower with a goat...will the smell be removed from him as well?

Written By: La Roche on 05/04/06 at 2:55 pm

If you shower with a goat...will the smell be removed from him as well?

I think we need to make a visit to a farm.

Written By: Howard on 05/04/06 at 3:10 pm

To visit some goats? ;D

Written By: La Roche on 05/04/06 at 3:12 pm

I won't even ask how you've gotten close enough to that many goats to recognize the smell :o :P

;D

It's what I imagine a goat to smell like.

Written By: Howard on 05/04/06 at 3:17 pm

;D

It's what I imagine a goat to smell like.

A goat smells like poop. :P

Written By: KKay on 05/05/06 at 8:49 am

Yay! "Fresh Air Fund" day for KK!

Written By: Howard on 05/05/06 at 3:55 pm

Yay! "Fresh Air Fund" day for KK!

Why would she do that?  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/05/06 at 4:38 pm

I have some odd quirks:

I must have lotion on me at all times as I always apply it after washing my hands. I can't stand my hands being dry. I use only one brand, which is Vaseline Intensive Care. I've been doing this for 14 years after I realised how much I hated that feeling. I don't know what made me conscious of it, but it kinda happened overnight.

I always lick my lips and those get real dry real quick. So, another thing I always carry with me is Vaseline (the real stuff  ;D ) because the chapsticks supposedly have an agent in them that can make them even dryer, lol.

Everyone makes fun of how I drink a soda from the side of my mouth. I don't know why I started doing this, but I have an inkling it was due to having braces and it was easier to slurp the soda from the side than from the front.

And a very bad habit I have (and maybe this is a condition - as I never knew it had a name until about a year ago)
I pull my hair out from time to time. When I'm nervous and stuff or just sitting and doing nothing, I'll just start tugging at my eyelashes because it feels like they're poking my eyes, and then I end up pulling a few out at a time. I also tend to tug at my eyebrows and pull some of those out. About 5 years ago, I was so stressed out (can't remmeber why) that I pulled out every eyelash I had. I feel strange telling you guys this, but I guess it's worth being open about it.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/05/06 at 4:59 pm

I have some odd quirks:

I always lick my lips and those get real dry real quick. So, another thing I always carry with me is Vaseline (the real stuff  ;D ) because the chapsticks supposedly have an agent in them that can make them even dryer, lol.

I'm with you on this one, I find blistex works much better than vaseline or chapstick.  It has to be the stuff in the little tub, not the stick, and, at night, before you go to sleep but a thin bit of vegetable oil on them.  ;)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/05/06 at 5:01 pm

I'm with you on this one, I find blistex works much better than vaseline or chapstick.  It has to be the stuff in the little tub, not the stick, and, at night, before you go to sleep but a thin bit of vegetable oil on them.   ;)

I agree there, Blistex is great and also use Carmex in the little yellow/white pot, it's very good too.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/05/06 at 5:58 pm

I agree there, Blistex is great and also use Carmex in the little yellow/white pot, it's very good too.
I'm with you on this one, I find blistex works much better than vaseline or chapstick.  It has to be the stuff in the little tub, not the stick, and, at night, before you go to sleep but a thin bit of vegetable oil on them.   ;)

Thanks you two. I will have to try those remedies out.  :)  It has always been something I've been very self-conscious about.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/07/06 at 1:56 am

Yes, that's cos they want you to use more and more chapsticks...I have a problem with dry lips, and chapsticks didn't seem to really help, so I'm also constantly licking my lips.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/07/06 at 3:04 am

Yes, that's cos they want you to use more and more chapsticks...I haven't a problem with dry lips, and chapsticks didn't seem to really help, so I'm also constantly licking my lips.

That sucks that they are selling a lie to us poor dry lipped people.  :\'(  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/07/06 at 3:56 am

That sucks that they are selling a lie to us poor dry lipped people.  :\'(  ;D

Dry-lipped people of the world, Revolt!!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/07/06 at 11:20 am

Dry-lipped people of the world, Revolt!!

Yeah, we'll give them a taste of OUR medicine - Stick it to the man!  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/07/06 at 9:14 pm

And a very bad habit I have (and maybe this is a condition - as I never knew it had a name until about a year ago)
I pull my hair out from time to time. When I'm nervous and stuff or just sitting and doing nothing, I'll just start tugging at my eyelashes because it feels like they're poking my eyes, and then I end up pulling a few out at a time. I also tend to tug at my eyebrows and pull some of those out. About 5 years ago, I was so stressed out (can't remmeber why) that I pulled out every eyelash I had. I feel strange telling you guys this, but I guess it's worth being open about it.

Me too!

Except I do it when I'm bored.  :D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/07/06 at 9:55 pm

Me too!

Except I do it when I'm bored.  :D

Yeah, I think it's a boredom thing and also like a "tick" Some say you pull the hair out because it gives you a rush or something, but I don't do it for those reasons. I actually have no idea why I do it.  ;D

Written By: CeeKay on 05/07/06 at 11:06 pm

Yeah, I think it's a boredom thing and also like a "tick" Some say you pull the hair out because it gives you a rush or something, but I don't do it for those reasons. I actually have no idea why I do it.  ;D

There is a disorder with the symptom of pulling your hair out, though I never heard of the eyelash thing.  It's okay to say it...we all have our quirks as this thread has revealed.  But is it healthy to have no eyelashes?  You might want to consider that question.  I don't know what the repurcussions might be.  As far as the disorder, I heard one of a lady who pulled almost all her hair out of her scalp.  She couldn't stop herself.  That must hurt.

And your post reminded me of something else which I've now totally forgotten...perhaps it's time for bed.  It's been a long day.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/08/06 at 6:07 am

There is a disorder with the symptom of pulling your hair out, though I never heard of the eyelash thing.  It's okay to say it...we all have our quirks as this thread has revealed.  But is it healthy to have no eyelashes?  You might want to consider that question.  I don't know what the repurcussions might be.  As far as the disorder, I heard one of a lady who pulled almost all her hair out of her scalp.  She couldn't stop herself.  That must hurt.

And your post reminded me of something else which I've now totally forgotten...perhaps it's time for bed.  It's been a long day.

Eyelashes grow back, don't they?  ;D

Yeah, the one about the lady pulling all her hair out...ouch! To her it's probably not as funny as it sounds though.

Written By: La Roche on 05/08/06 at 8:27 am

Often times, I will sit and straighten out all the paper money I have. Methodically straighten it.

Then put something heavy on it overnight so it stays straight.

2 Reasons, I get a soda from the vending machine every day and I just like it to be neat.

Written By: KKay on 05/08/06 at 10:19 am

Often times, I will sit and straighten out all the paper money I have. Methodically straighten it.

Then put something heavy on it overnight so it stays straight.

2 Reasons, I get a soda from the vending machine every day and I just like it to be neat.

Misers like to play with money...are you a spender or a saver?

Written By: CeeKay on 05/08/06 at 10:28 am

A little off topic but I love it when I take out a jacket I haven't worn in a long time and there's a five or a ten dollar bill in the pocket!  I know some people are methodical about emptying their pockets.  But then you never get that surprise!  :-\\

Written By: KKay on 05/08/06 at 2:02 pm

A little off topic but I love it when I take out a jacket I haven't worn in a long time and there's a five or a ten dollar bill in the pocket!  I know some people are methodical about emptying their pockets.  But then you never get that surprise!  :-\\

so he should be ironing jackets, too! then he has a nice, wrinkle free outfit and the money is ready for vending.

(i love finding money too!)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/08/06 at 2:11 pm

Yeah, I think I just have a very small disorder. I don't think I need any medication for it as long as I recognize it and can stop myself. Not having any eyelashes was the a very odd feeling and I would and never will do that again. I think I was just so stressed out that it was one of those physical outward things I did when I got so nervous that's where I ended up concentrating my nerves rather than another area. I have all my eyelashes back now. They're perfectly fine.

Written By: La Roche on 05/08/06 at 2:43 pm

Everyone who knows me say's I'm cheap (which I like to assume means fiscally responsible).
But I'm not, I just have to justify things to myself.

You've seen all the stuff I buy on E-Bay (By the way, none of my goddam packages came).

It's like when I go to a baseball game, I have no issue paying an extra $20 or 30 to sit where I want to.

You saw how much I spent for my plane tickets to get what I wanted.

If it's something I really want I'll spend, if not, well I'll just wait.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/08/06 at 2:58 pm

Everyone who knows me say's I'm cheap (which I like to assume means fiscally responsible).
But I'm not, I just have to justify things to myself.

You've seen all the stuff I buy on E-Bay (By the way, none of my goddam packages came).

It's like when I go to a baseball game, I have no issue paying an extra $20 or 30 to sit where I want to.

You saw how much I spent for my plane tickets to get what I wanted.

If it's something I really want I'll spend, if not, well I'll just wait.

I feel the exact same way. I'll really hold off on like expensive meals and eat Top Ramen for days if I really wanted to. I'd buy a good cotton shirt over a flashy one, just because I could where the cotton one more often and it wouldn't get worn as quickly. But, when it comes down to it, I will plop out some good money for something that I see worthwhile.

Written By: Howard on 05/08/06 at 4:08 pm

I used to bite my finger while watching wrestlers bite each other on the head and my finger would wind up becoming sore but after a year later,I stopped and it healed after that.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/18/06 at 7:57 pm

I have this thing when I make eggs. I ALWAYS have to first scoop out that little slimy embryo thingy....I cannot and will not eat the egg unless first doing that. :D

Written By: CeeKay on 09/19/06 at 1:00 pm

Just noticed today that when I put cash in the drawer at work, I have to have all the faces on the bills looking in the same direction...not just in one pile (all the $5's) , but all along the row in the drawer (1's, 5's, 10's,  20's).  It's a requirement for me.

Written By: Howard on 09/19/06 at 5:39 pm

I eat things to the very last drop. ;D

Written By: La Roche on 09/19/06 at 5:43 pm

You consistently stick your upper front teeth over your bottom lip.. all the time.

Written By: La Roche on 09/19/06 at 5:45 pm

When my hair gets long enough, I curl it round my finger near my temples and end up pulling it out.. all the time. Can't help it.

I don't know if this would count, but I keep business cards, contact cards etc.. from everyone and everywhere.

If you've ever ever ever given me a card with a number on it.. I have it somewhere.

Written By: Howard on 09/19/06 at 5:56 pm

You consistently stick your upper front teeth over your bottom lip.. all the time.

That'd be impossible to do

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/19/06 at 6:06 pm

That'd be impossible to do

No it's not.

Written By: Howard on 09/19/06 at 6:07 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/19/06 at 6:08 pm

Why Is it possible?

Ummm, you take your upper teeth and you bite down over your bottom lip.  It's not that hard.  Hence, it's possible.

Written By: Howard on 09/19/06 at 6:11 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/19/06 at 6:42 pm

That was easy. ;D

Then why did you say it was impossible?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/19/06 at 7:20 pm

I have this thing when I make eggs. I ALWAYS have to first scoop out that little slimy embryo thingy....I cannot and will not eat the egg unless first doing that. :D

I do that, too. I made french toast the other morning and I saw them there and thought I could bear it, but I was too impulsive and had to scoop them out.  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/19/06 at 7:58 pm

I don't know if this is weird or not but I iron almost everything I wear (not underwear or night shirts).  I iron all my kids clothes too and all the stuff before packing it in a suitcase (even though I know it'll be creased when I get it out.).

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/19/06 at 8:43 pm

I do that, too. I made french toast the other morning and I saw them there and thought I could bear it, but I was too impulsive and had to scoop them out.  ;D

I hear ya...it's like they are screaming..."take me out" ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/19/06 at 9:41 pm

I have a lucky penny and a New York state quarter that I shake in a cup before every Yankee game.....sometimes during the game if it's an important one. 

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/20/06 at 5:47 am

::) I highlight all the stuff I want to watch in the weekly TV guide on sundays with a yellow highlighter..............Ev laughs at me, I even use paper clips to separate the days

Written By: Howard on 09/20/06 at 6:24 am

[quote author=

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/20/06 at 6:51 am

It's called Trichotillomania.  It's often associated with OCD or BDD (I did a paper on this about a year ago for my psychology class).  I have BDD and have been known to "pluck" hair almost EVERYWHERE *(yes, even "down there" :o) :-\\

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/20/06 at 6:54 am

I asked my doctor about this because I go through "lip balm" like it's water.  He said it's only the "menthol" or "medicated" types that do this so I've tried to stay away from them.....I've found that Chapstick Naturals (or Burt's bees stuff) works the best for me as I'm neurotic about dry lips too.  I've even got my kids using it most of the time :-[

Written By: CeeKay on 09/20/06 at 3:38 pm

It's called Trichotillomania.  It's often associated with OCD or BDD (I did a paper on this about a year ago for my psychology class).  I have BDD and have been known to "pluck" hair almost EVERYWHERE *(yes, even "down there" :o) :-\\

Wow.  That must be difficult (oh gosh--I mean having the disorder must be difficult altogether). :-\\

Written By: Howard on 09/20/06 at 5:12 pm

I pluck my eyebrows when I'm nervous. :o :(

Written By: Trimac20 on 09/24/06 at 11:12 am

I sometimes nibble off the hairs on my arm or my hand  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/24/06 at 11:20 am

Um... I might have this?

Written By: Trimac20 on 09/24/06 at 11:33 am

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/24/06 at 11:59 am

...so says Little Miss Hard-boiled skeptic  ;)

Ummm, okay?

Written By: La Roche on 09/24/06 at 3:53 pm

I sometimes nibble off the hairs on my arm or my hand  ;D

Me too!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/24/06 at 4:12 pm

Me too!

Aww, run out of rawhide?

Written By: La Roche on 09/24/06 at 4:26 pm

[quote author=

Written By: KKay on 09/24/06 at 7:18 pm

even with it cut short, i still twist my hair around my finger...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/24/06 at 10:13 pm

here's a funny one of Vaughn's...(and he takes after me...because I am anal and compulsive about a lot of things)....the other day I was addressing a package with a black marker and I happened to get a very small dot on my hand....well, later on in the day we were running errands and I told him to hold my hand....well he happened to notice the small dot on my hand and he simply REFUSED to touch my hand....he made a big scene regarding the whole thing!! LOLOL! :D ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/25/06 at 4:12 pm

I repeat myself

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/27/06 at 7:30 pm

here's a funny one of Vaughn's...(and he takes after me...because I am anal and compulsive about a lot of things)....the other day I was addressing a package with a black marker and I happened to get a very small dot on my hand....well, later on in the day we were running errands and I told him to hold my hand....well he happened to notice the small dot on my hand and he simply REFUSED to touch my hand....he made a big scene regarding the whole thing!! LOLOL! :D ;D
    ;D Thats so funny! My husband is the same way!...He thinks its a piece of dirt or something!...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/27/06 at 10:22 pm

;D Thats so funny! My husband is the same way!...He thinks its a piece of dirt or something!...

LOLOL! ;D  I guess I only have myself to blame for Vaughn being that way...I am pretty anal about stuff like that too! :D

Written By: CeeKay on 09/27/06 at 10:43 pm

I have a certain pen I use to write in my journal.  And if I can't find it...and then I have to use another one....I have to force myself to write with the alternate pen.  It's very difficult.  :-\\

Written By: KKay on 09/28/06 at 8:26 am

I have to make the bed before i get in it...but lots of people do that.

^Con. It's a pen.  But I understand. Cuz, much like making the bed, it's all about the aesthetic.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/28/06 at 8:28 am

I have to make the bed before i get in it...but lots of people do that.

oh ya, definitely...I refuse to go to sleep in an unmade bed!

Written By: KKay on 09/28/06 at 8:34 am

^ right on!
and it's hard for me to understand how anyone can!

when i get up, i leave things looking neat...my husband flings the covers so they go upside-down...it makes me insane.
how do you do that?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/28/06 at 8:36 am

^ right on!
and it's hard for me to understand how anyone can!

when i get up, i leave things looking neat...my husband flings the covers so they go upside-down...it makes me insane.
how do you do that?

I don't know...that would totally make me antsy!! :D  There's just something about being really tired....and pulling down the covers to an inviting bed...it makes the whole sleep process a bit more appealing. ;D

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/28/06 at 10:11 pm

I have a certain pen I use to write in my journal.  And if I can't find it...and then I have to use another one....I have to force myself to write with the alternate pen.  It's very difficult.   :-\\
8) I know exactly what you are talking about...Here on my computer desk..( its mine..all mine!..)...I have MY pen...If it dissapears..( I think my daughter is the culprit)..I have to go get another one...Bic Atlantis...its not expensive..I just like the way it writes..plus I am left handed and the bottom has a comfortable rubber thingy..lol..

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/28/06 at 10:12 pm

8) I know exactly what you are talking about...Here on my computer desk..( its mine..all mine!..)...I have MY pen...If it dissapears..( I think my daughter is the culprit)..I have to go get another one...Bic Atlantis...its not expensive..I just like the way it writes..plus I am left handed and the bottom has a comfortable rubber thingy..lol..

oooh..I know all about pens that are left hand friendly! :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/28/06 at 10:24 pm

oooh..I know all about pens that are left hand friendly! :)

... Heh...

*Cough*

At first I misread pens as "penis".

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/28/06 at 10:26 pm

... Heh...

*Cough*

At first I misread pens as "penis".

OMG....freakin' hilarious!!! a left-hand friendly penis!!! :D ;D :D ;D

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/28/06 at 10:39 pm

8) I needed a laugh............ ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/29/06 at 3:44 pm

Why not the right hand? ;) ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 8:26 pm

Why not the right hand? ;) ;D

because we were originally talking about holding a PEN in our left hand. :D

Written By: Tam on 12/28/06 at 3:03 pm

Hmmm...

I have a ritual.

I get up
turn on computer
then go to the restroom
grab a pepsi (sad but true)
then spend an hour on the puter
grab a shower and get dressed
and back to the puter....

If I don't do this every morning I go absolutely crazy!

Written By: Howard on 12/28/06 at 3:20 pm

I had a bad habit this morning.Someone had a huge box of apple pie and it was still fresh from the other day,Someone must've thrown it out cause they didn't want to look at it and I used a clean fork to eat out of the garbage.I don't know what got into me.I didn't want to go back to eating out of the garbage again. :-[  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/06 at 3:29 pm

When I am in public, I have to sit with my back to a wall (like in a classroom, restaurant, etc.) if I can (can't quite do it in a theatre). I am a bit paranoid about having people behind me and I can't see them. I know where this stems from-6 grade. Do I need to elaborate or is that enough?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/28/06 at 3:29 pm

I have a habit of cracking my knuckles. :o

Written By: La Roche on 12/28/06 at 3:33 pm

I had a bad habit this morning.Someone had a huge box of apple pie and it was still fresh from the other day,Someone must've thrown it out cause they didn't want to look at it and I used a clean fork to eat out of the garbage.I don't know what got into me.I didn't want to go back to eating out of the garbage again. :-[  :P

Don't worry about it Howard.

One night I was coming home from a real hard night out right.. I'm walking down this street like 5 streets from my house and I see a pizza box sticking out. Now.. I was pretty wasted, but it was like 6am and I hadn't eaten since the night before so I was hungry, I pulled the box out and there were 4 slices left in there, so I ate them.  :)

Today I dropped my bagel in to the dogs water bowl but ate it anyway.

Written By: Howard on 12/28/06 at 3:35 pm

Don't worry about it Howard.

One night I was coming home from a real hard night out right.. I'm walking down this street like 5 streets from my house and I see a pizza box sticking out. Now.. I was pretty wasted, but it was like 6am and I hadn't eaten since the night before so I was hungry, I pulled the box out and there were 4 slices left in there, so I ate them.  :)

Today I dropped my bagel in to the dogs water bowl but ate it anyway.

But It was a good huge piece of apple pie just didn't want to let it go to waste.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/28/06 at 3:37 pm

I've seen people throw perfectly good food away, but that doesn't mean you dig through the garbage for it.  If you're homeless and starving, I can understand the desperation in doing that.  However, you're not homeless and starving. 

Written By: Howard on 12/28/06 at 3:38 pm

I've seen people throw perfectly good food away, but that doesn't mean you dig through the garbage for it.  If you're homeless and starving, I can understand the desperation in doing that.  However, you're not homeless and starving. 

I don't know what I was thinking. :(

Written By: La Roche on 12/28/06 at 3:38 pm

But It was a good huge piece of apple pie just didn't want to let it go to waste.

Yeah, I hate seeing food go to waste.

Well, I dunno about Howard, but I would only ever eat something that was right at the top, like in a box... and I've only done that once.. and I was wasted, so I guess I wouldn't eat it normally.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/28/06 at 3:39 pm

I guess I'm just anal-rententive and a clean freak and can't understand why people do it, if they don't need to. 

Written By: Howard on 12/28/06 at 3:41 pm

Yeah, I hate seeing food go to waste.

Well, I dunno about Howard, but I would only ever eat something that was right at the top, like in a box... and I've only done that once.. and I was wasted, so I guess I wouldn't eat it normally.

Well,they shouldn't have thrown out that box of Apple Pie in the first place maybe I wanted a piece of it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/06 at 8:34 pm

you are silly Howard! :D  Was it right on top of the garbage...or did you dig through the can until you found it? Or...was it in a dumpster? ??? :o

I have some odd habits too. I like things a certain way.  I get very very nervous when anything is placed out of the ordinary. I get upset with people (in my family) when they do things out of the order that I am used to. I try to hide it..but it makes me nervous inside.  Everything has to be clean for me. When I go to a restaurant....I have to clean off my silverware before using it.  I won't drink out of a glass unless I have a straw.  I am weird too at home...whenever I put something somewhere...it has to stay there...exactly how i had it...if not, it makes me upset.  I feel like I keep getting worse as I get older. There are a lot more...but I would need a book to write them in! ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/06 at 12:13 pm

Well,they shouldn't have thrown out that box of Apple Pie in the first place maybe I wanted a piece of it.

XD When you throw out a piece of pie, do you go around the neighborhood asking all your neighbors if they want it?

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/06 at 12:17 pm

I like the left side of things. I like to stand on the left side of the road, sit on the left side of a booth, or on the leftmost seat in the car. I'm tellin' ya', once I get my driver's license, I'mma go crazy driving on the right side of the road all the time! D=! If something is unbalanced, I like it to be heavier on the left rather than the right. I don't know why this is. Also, when I open doors, I like to use my left hand, although it's harder... Because doors are for right hands usually, and I'm right handed. :P I often get the urge to write with my left hand, but that's out of the question!

I also get mad when I have plans for a day (Important or not), and they get changed... I also get nervous when I don't know what time things are happening, or sometimes even when I don't know what the time is at the moment... Yet, I still don't wear a watch. :P

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/29/06 at 12:22 pm

I complain about my husband not helping out as much but when he decides to start cleaning, he makes me very nervous because he's not doing things the way I do them.

I guess I'm just anal-rententive and a clean freak and can't understand why people do it, if they don't need to. 

Once things are in the trash, they're trash no matter if it's sitting on the top.  I can't bring myself to pick something out of the trash, even if I've thrown something away by mistake.

Written By: KKay on 12/29/06 at 1:00 pm

I tilt my head to the right all the time...i look like a dog thinking. or Detective Goren.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/06 at 1:04 pm

I tilt my head to the right all the time...i look like a dog thinking. or Detective Goren.

I've learned that my head is pretty much never straight.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/06 at 2:57 pm

you are silly Howard! :D  Was it right on top of the garbage...or did you dig through the can until you found it? Or...was it in a dumpster? ??? :o

I have some odd habits too. I like things a certain way.  I get very very nervous when anything is placed out of the ordinary. I get upset with people (in my family) when they do things out of the order that I am used to. I try to hide it..but it makes me nervous inside.  Everything has to be clean for me. When I go to a restaurant....I have to clean off my silverware before using it.  I won't drink out of a glass unless I have a straw.  I am weird too at home...whenever I put something somewhere...it has to stay there...exactly how i had it...if not, it makes me upset.  I feel like I keep getting worse as I get older. There are a lot more...but I would need a book to write them in! ;D

It was right on top of the garbage and I used a clean fork to eat it. :P

Written By: Howard on 12/29/06 at 2:57 pm

XD When you throw out a piece of pie, do you go around the neighborhood asking all your neighbors if they want it?

No.

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/29/06 at 3:18 pm

It was right on top of the garbage and I used a clean fork to eat it. :P

But how do you know that someone didn't spit on it before throwing it away?  :o

Written By: Howard on 12/29/06 at 3:21 pm

But how do you know that someone didn't spit on it before throwing it away?  :o

I don't know,I just took a chance,I was hungry.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/29/06 at 3:39 pm

Before I go to bed at night, I lock all the doors, including the patio door 3 or 4 times.  Then I pull down all the shades, close the blinds and check the doors again.  I am so scared of someone breaking in the house that I can't sleep unless I do this.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/06 at 3:40 pm

I pocket pat myself just to see If I have everything.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/06 at 3:41 pm

I don't know,I just took a chance,I was hungry.

:P So you couldn't get something out of the fridge?

Written By: Howard on 12/29/06 at 3:42 pm

:P So you couldn't get something out of the fridge?

This was at my volunteer site.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/29/06 at 3:43 pm

Still doesn't make it any less dirty.  You volunteer at a hospital.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/06 at 3:43 pm

This was at my volunteer site.

:o That's even worse!

Written By: Howard on 12/29/06 at 3:45 pm

:o That's even worse!

Thank God no one saw me. :o

Check for new replies or respond here...