inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Choose a situation

Written By: Fred on 04/30/06 at 5:09 am

If you had to choose being in one of these situations which would it be?

Being stuck floating in space, orbiting around the earth after your space ship was destroyed leaving you the only survivor. All while David Bowie's Space Oddity is playing in your space suit...and your name is Tom...oh the irony...

Leaning up against the wall, alone at a high school dance/large social gathering, while One by Three Dog Night plays.

Asking a girl you like out in front of her friends, and having her reject you and they all laugh in your face, and as you walk the sad walking away song from The Incredible Hulk plays.

Wading through a swamp in Vietnam during the war, while Jimi Hendrix's version of All Along The Watchtower plays.

can't think of anymore, too tired.........

Subject: Re: Choose a situation

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/30/06 at 6:12 am

You should post something like this in the 'Penguin Ratings', with more options...

Written By: Ripp on 04/30/06 at 9:50 am

Space Oddity one :)

Here's some more:

Inside a small, dark box, with "It's a Small World" playing over and over again
and
Walking outside of a really popular club, your favourite song playing, and no admission. Lol!

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/30/06 at 10:13 am

Space Oddity one :)

Here's some more:

Inside a small, dark box, with "It's a Small World" playing over and over again
and
Walking outside of a really popular club, your favourite song playing, and no admission. Lol!

My favourite song is 'It's a Small World', and my idea of a club is a small, dark box. So I guess there's nothing really between them, is there?

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/30/06 at 11:37 am

The first of Fred's... Mainly because apparently space is beautiful, and that song is amazing...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/30/06 at 12:09 pm

You should post something like this in the 'Penguin Ratings', with more options...

... ::)

Anyway, I'd either choose the first or the second one. Most likely the first. I've already covered the second one... minus the whole "Three Dog Night" bit.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/30/06 at 1:24 pm

I would pick the one about standing against the wall (hence, being a wallflower)....because it was not far from the truth. ;)

Written By: Watcher29 on 05/03/06 at 7:51 am

I'd do the wallflower trip myself. At least then I wouldn't be in immanent danger of death, nor would I be embarassed and angry.

Written By: carrie bradshaw on 05/03/06 at 10:14 am

Being stuck floating in space, orbiting around the earth after your space ship was destroyed leaving you the only survivor. All while David Bowie's Space Oddity is playing in your space suit...and your name is Tom...oh the irony...

it'd be cool to travel in a space ship ;D but it'd not be cool at all to be the only survivor anyway
i love listening David Bowie's music :D
kisses
carrie

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/05/06 at 11:36 am

I actually thought of creating a thread just like this, but I didn't think it would catch on...but yeah, you posted it first, so good one, you beat me to it.  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/05/06 at 11:23 pm

I'll take the leaning up against the wall with Three Dog Night playing

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/06/06 at 1:53 am

If you had to choose being in one of these situations which would it be?

I've done the wallflower thing.  I've done the rejection thing.  Dull, and sucked, respectively.

War's off the list because I've talked to people who've done it - and who've all recommended against it.  Not as fun as it looks on the movie screen.

That leaves spaceflight.  Which is still on my list of things to do before I bite it.  Virgin Galactic, if you ever get that price below $25K for a suborbital hop, or $100K for an hour or two in orbit, I'm signing up.

NASA, I don't care if it's a one-way trip to Mars to break big rocks into small rocks in the way that robots can't yet do, I'd also sign up.  SHoot, I don't care if it's an unintentional one-way trip to LEO in the shuttle before burning up on re-entry due to design flaws, I'll fly tomorrow.

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.  My species' astronauts, cosmonauts, and taikonauts... have burned so very, very brightly.

Check for new replies or respond here...