inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: WISH ME LUCK

Written By: jaytee on 05/01/06 at 6:46 am

A couple of weeks ago I saw a job in the newspaper for a "Customer Service Administrator" with the Queensland Police Department.  I haven't thought about a job for the past 18 years or so years but thought "what the heck - I'll apply for the job and see what happens".  I had a phone interview last week and passed that and last Friday went for a group interview that lasted almost 5 hours!  They phoned that afternoon and informed me that I had been successful and the next step is an interview at Police Headquarters tomorrow!  I honestly thought I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell but I've got this far.  I'll let you know what happens after tomorrow.

Subject: Re: WISH ME LUCK

Written By: mandamoo on 05/01/06 at 7:25 am

Excellent ! :D

Fingers crossed for you Janine  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/01/06 at 7:33 am

Good luck, I hope everything works out for you! :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/01/06 at 7:33 am

Nice!

Best of luck then!  :)

Written By: Morton on 05/01/06 at 7:50 am

Sounds great, hope all goes well  :)

Written By: KKay on 05/01/06 at 8:08 am

Yeah...all the best!
and i commend you on your return to work...hope it all works out/

Written By: Gis on 05/01/06 at 8:36 am

Everything's crossed for you ! Good Luck.  :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/01/06 at 8:40 am

A couple of weeks ago I saw a job in the newspaper for a "Customer Service Administrator" with the Queensland Police Department.  I haven't thought about a job for the past 18 years or so years but thought "what the heck - I'll apply for the job and see what happens".  I had a phone interview last week and passed that and last Friday went for a group interview that lasted almost 5 hours!  They phoned that afternoon and informed me that I had been successful and the next step is an interview at Police Headquarters tomorrow!  I honestly thought I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell but I've got this far.  I'll let you know what happens after tomorrow.

Congrats...are you a copper on the beat yourself?

Lol, I too plan to work in Queensland when I graduate (As an urban planner) , cos I know they're just dying for planners over there. I'll become an honorary 'Banana-bender!'

Only probably...Sport. AFL is restricted to the Brisbane Lions  :P and Rugby League is the enemy. But enough about me, don't wanna still yer thunder...

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/01/06 at 11:59 am

That's great!  I hope it works out for you, Janine!!  8)

Written By: Howard on 05/01/06 at 4:21 pm

Good Luck  ;)

Written By: gemini on 05/01/06 at 5:24 pm

Good luck! Let us know as soon as you get the news!  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/01/06 at 5:49 pm

My fingers are crossed (but of course that makes it hard to type  ;) ).  Best of luck.

Cat

Written By: ktelqueen on 05/01/06 at 6:06 pm

lots of luck,Janine!  :)

Written By: whistledog on 05/01/06 at 6:11 pm

Hope everything works out :)

Written By: jaytee on 05/01/06 at 10:50 pm

Thank you all you wonderful people for your words of encouragement.  :)  I had my interview this morning and won't hear definitely until Friday but my gut feeling is that I've got the job!  The policeman who interviewed me winked as he shook my hand as I was leaving and said "We'll be seeing you later"  :o  If I do get the job I'll be a CRISP (Crime Reporting Information System for Police) operator.  I'll be liaising with police officers, typing their reports etc.  Should be interesting work.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 05/02/06 at 12:30 am

Thank you all you wonderful people for your words of encouragement.  :)  I had my interview this morning and won't hear definitely until Friday but my gut feeling is that I've got the job!  The policeman who interviewed me winked as he shook my hand as I was leaving and said "We'll be seeing you later"  :o  If I do get the job I'll be a CRISP (Crime Reporting Information System for Police) operator.  I'll be liaising with police officers, typing their reports etc.  Should be interesting work.

Just seeing this thread. Sorry I was too late to wish you luck, but I'm glad things seem to be going well! Can't wait for you to bring back the news that it's official. Congratulations!

Written By: Bobby on 05/03/06 at 5:00 pm

Thank you all you wonderful people for your words of encouragement.   :)  I had my interview this morning and won't hear definitely until Friday but my gut feeling is that I've got the job!  The policeman who interviewed me winked as he shook my hand as I was leaving and said "We'll be seeing you later"  :o  If I do get the job I'll be a CRISP (Crime Reporting Information System for Police) operator.  I'll be liaising with police officers, typing their reports etc.  Should be interesting work.

Lots of luck there, Jaytee. I'm sure you will be a smashing police woman.  8)

Written By: CeeKay on 05/03/06 at 5:21 pm

Thank you all you wonderful people for your words of encouragement.   :)  I had my interview this morning and won't hear definitely until Friday but my gut feeling is that I've got the job!  The policeman who interviewed me winked as he shook my hand as I was leaving and said "We'll be seeing you later"  :o  If I do get the job I'll be a CRISP (Crime Reporting Information System for Police) operator.  I'll be liaising with police officers, typing their reports etc.  Should be interesting work.

Sounds like a cool job!  Good luck! :)

Written By: Howard on 05/04/06 at 3:54 pm

Good Luck. O0

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 05/06/06 at 4:35 am

I am late in wishing you luck for the interview but it sounds like you went well !!  When you get the job I will call you CrispyJayTee !!!!!!!  It sounds like an interesting job. My friend is going thru an interview process for one that sounds similar with the WA Police. Its a civilian position but means more police can be out on the beat instead of in the office typing up reports. Her job (if she gets it) - is part reception and part clerical.  So I have fingers crossed for both of you.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/06/06 at 8:28 am

Hey jaytee !  That sounds really good, hope everything works out  :)

Just think, you might be able to check up on peetee and I will wanna talk to you about waiving all my unpaid traffic tickets  :P

Written By: jaytee on 05/06/06 at 9:51 am

I wasn't successful  :(  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed but they told me they are keeping my application on file and would like me to re-apply when I have some more up-to-date experience.  I do feel more confident now. I'm thinking of doing a refresher course in legal work which is what I was doing 20 years ago. 

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/06/06 at 12:48 pm

I wasn't successful  :(  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed but they told me they are keeping my application on file and would like me to re-apply when I have some more up-to-date experience.  I do feel more confident now. I'm thinking of doing a refresher course in legal work which is what I was doing 20 years ago. 

Awww...I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, Janine!  :(

Written By: Bobby on 05/06/06 at 1:03 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Jaytee. You must have had some stiff competition that's all I can say.

At least you have a plan B.  :)

*Hug*

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/06/06 at 4:53 pm

awww...sorry it didn't work out for you....hopefully something even better comes along!! :)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/12/06 at 7:56 am

You are wanting me to pay a little visit ?  I work for the Feds ya know.  We all know how the State Govt hates the feds, jaytee  ;D

Dig up some dirt, maybe ?  ;)

Written By: karen on 05/12/06 at 8:12 am

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job jaytee.

Hopefully you will be successful in your next interview

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 05/13/06 at 6:01 am

oh bummer jaytee. My friend has heard nothing yet so she is still wishing and waiting.

what kind of "up to date experience" were they wanting ?

Check for new replies or respond here...