inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Highlighting topics on the front page... what a chore I've made for myself

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/02/06 at 3:21 pm

Since I designed it to only post the first post in the topic, it's a little more difficult to find a decent topic.  Some of the followups I saw were far more interesting than the original post.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/spider.gif

At this point, I'd be happy to highlight any topic with a first post that contains more than two sentences or a poll.

Subject: Re: Highlighting topics on the front page... what a chore I've made for myself

Written By: CeeKay on 05/03/06 at 6:02 pm

Since I designed it to only post the first post in the topic, it's a little more difficult to find a decent topic.  Some of the followups I saw were far more interesting than the original post.

At this point, I'd be happy to highlight any topic with a first post that contains more than two sentences or a poll.

Oops.  Wish I read this sooner.  I could've made the first post of the Best/Worst Dating thread a little more interesting.  :-\\

Subject: Re: Highlighting topics on the front page... what a chore I've made for myself

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/03/06 at 8:18 pm

Oops.  Wish I read this sooner.  I could've made the first post of the Best/Worst Dating thread a little more interesting.  :-\\

there's always the next time.

it's such a new feature right now, I doubt anyone's even paying attention to it anyways

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/04/06 at 8:13 am

I'm sure soon it will be such a big deal, it will be like having your photograph on the front page of TIME magazine.

Written By: nally on 05/05/06 at 11:34 pm

So how do we go about doing this??

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/06/06 at 6:52 am

So how do we go about doing this??

You just send me a PM with a link to a thread if you think I should highlight it.

It's not really necessary though.  I wrote a new modification for the site so I can see the new topics that are posted (check the front page) and I just keep an eye on the new threads. 

Written By: nally on 05/06/06 at 5:29 pm

You just send me a PM with a link to a thread if you think I should highlight it.

It's not really necessary though.  I wrote a new modification for the site so I can see the new topics that are posted (check the front page) and I just keep an eye on the new threads. 

Cool. O0  If I find such a thread, I'll tell ya.

Check for new replies or respond here...