inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Plans

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/13/06 at 12:02 am

Due to changing my major from English to Culinary Arts, I sat this semester of college out.  I WAS going to move in with my mom up in Dallas in July or August, but she told me she may be transferring in her job sometime in the fall.  I can't ask her to pass that up, and I can't risk getting caught up there alone(its the middle of Dallas), so I decided to stay here in Tyler for another year.  My cousin and best friend since I was a little kid, Justin(who lives up in Dallas) will be graduating a year from now, and he wants to become a Chef too along with a friend of his from up there.

So I think the three of us are going to go to the Texas Culinary Academy in Austin, and room together.

In the mean time, I'm still currently living with my uncle but my dad gets out of the halfway house in July.  And when he does I'm going to move in with him.  That way we can get caught up and get a better relationship.  I can use the next year to practice my cooking.  Also, he is a painter and when he gets out of the halfway house he'll be able to go back to working for himself, and he'll let me work with him. He'll be a lot more flexible on schedule than anyone else would be which will help since I'll be going back to college to take basic classes in the fall.  Also he said he'll start me off at $8 an hour which is more than I'd make elsewhere(I'd basically be looking at minimum wage).  I'm finally gonna have cash! :D And I don't have to worry about transportation as obviously I'll be riding to work with him.

I work out everyday now, and over the last few months I've toned up quite a bit.  After I get a job I'll get a gym membership, and I'm also gonna try this Wu-Long tea I've been researching.

http://www.wulongforlife.com

So I can get in a lot better shape before going to Austin.

Subject: Re: Plans

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/13/06 at 7:53 pm

I saw a report on the news today ranking the 5 most livable big cities in the USA, and Austin was on the list at number 5.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/13/06 at 8:30 pm

Good! I actually sort of wanted to own a fusion restaurant with my trademark vegetarian chili for awhile. And good for you for trying to tone up. I went to the doctor today, and I hate the looks they give me about being slightly overweight.

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/13/06 at 8:34 pm

Are you a vegetarian, then... ?

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/13/06 at 8:35 pm

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/13/06 at 9:36 pm

So what do you want your concentration to be at the culinary institute?

I'm not sure what you mean.  They offer an A.A.S. in Culinary Arts.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/02/06 at 11:44 am

Good to hear, Alex...sounds like your plans are heading in the right direction! Good luck with everything! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/02/06 at 11:51 am

[quote author=

Written By: jackas on 06/02/06 at 1:58 pm

Good to hear, Alex.  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/02/06 at 2:14 pm

That sounds like a good plan, Alex.  My brother graduated from the California Culinary Academy in San Francisco years ago and he's a chef.  I think that's a great profession.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...