inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Things you don't understand...

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/15/06 at 11:00 pm

Why we say "Bless you!" After every sneeze...

Why we say "Excuse me.." after every gaseous body function.

Subject: Re: Things you don't understand...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/15/06 at 11:14 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bless_you

There are many theories regarding the origin of this custom. One well known and strongly believed theory is that it began as a blessing near the start of the Plague of Justinian or one of the more minor plagues which followed with the words of Pope Gregory the Great. Crowds took to the streets praying to God and when a person sneezed they were immediately blessed God bless you! for fear that they may be developing symptoms of the plague.

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/15/06 at 11:16 pm

In our house, we use "Salut!", which is Spanish for Good health..

I just think it's annoying  ;D, I mean... why can't I sneeze in peace!?

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 6:24 am

Why most men don't wear makeup (though that might be changing), and why it is considered 'un-masculine' when the males of other species, as well as tribes in our own species, are usually more brightly adorned than the females.

Written By: CeeKay on 05/16/06 at 9:55 am

My understanding on this one is that people used to believe that a sneeze meant an evil spirit was leaving your body.  And so they'd say "God bless you" to counter the evil.

Written By: whistledog on 05/16/06 at 10:39 am

I don't understand why great songs I remember, were not big hits

Written By: Step-chan on 05/16/06 at 2:58 pm

Why most men don't wear makeup (though that might be changing), and why it is considered 'un-masculine' when the males of other species, as well as tribes in our own species, are usually more brightly adorned than the females.

Interesting question... I never thought about it.... until now.

Written By: Howard on 05/16/06 at 4:27 pm

They don't make urinals for women?

Written By: Step-chan on 05/16/06 at 4:30 pm

Why do they call it taking a dump instead of leaving a dump? You're not taking it anywhere.

(Sometimes I beat a dead horse too much)

Written By: Bobby on 05/16/06 at 4:35 pm

Why are we men so fixated on women's breasts? I can't think of one logical reason!

Written By: danootaandme on 05/16/06 at 4:45 pm

Go for it, but remember, It's risky being a trendsetter    ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 05/16/06 at 4:50 pm

Why are we men so fixated on women's breasts? I can't think of one logical reason!

I find them alluring, I don't know why, but I do.

Edit: Fixed grammer error, must have be boob drunk.

Written By: Apricot on 05/16/06 at 4:53 pm

I read something about this one time... it's either the circular shape or the whole aspect of that they are intended to feed us when we're children, so we associate it with survival/nourishment/being cared for/whatever.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/16/06 at 4:55 pm

Because they're there  ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/16/06 at 4:56 pm

They remind me of 2 big balloons

Written By: Bobby on 05/16/06 at 6:39 pm

I read something about this one time... it's either the circular shape or the whole aspect of that they are intended to feed us when we're children, so we associate it with survival/nourishment/being cared for/whatever.

Sounds intriguing . . . I may do some research on this. One day I might become a 'breastologist'.  8)

Written By: Bobby on 05/16/06 at 6:40 pm

Because they're there  ::)

So is this computer desk but I'm not aroused by it.  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/16/06 at 7:49 pm

I've always wondered why wearing pink is feminine... it's just a color?

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/16/06 at 8:17 pm

I don't understand why baseball coaches put ALL of the good batters in a row at the beginning of the line-up....wouldn't it make more sense to spread them out a bit?

Written By: Morton on 05/17/06 at 1:39 am

I don't understand why people feel the need to turn their music right up at inconsiderate times of the day. It wouldn't be as bad, but their music is always utter crap

Written By: CeeKay on 05/17/06 at 1:50 am

This is a good question.  Why do we associate different colors as male or female?  I was going to say we do it because colors do seem to have an energy to them.  But why is that?  I've always been fascinated with the connection between our visual system and the responses our brains have to what we see.  Like colors.  (KKay, if you're out there, are you laughing?  Didn't you make fun of me for this?)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/17/06 at 1:54 am

Maybe because pink is associated with female genitalia.  I had heard that in a documentary I watched in sociology class. 

Written By: CeeKay on 05/17/06 at 1:56 am

Maybe because pink is associated with female genitalia.  I had heard that in a documentary I watched in sociology class. 

Wow.  I never would have thought of that!  ???

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/17/06 at 2:07 am

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/badfingermike/beavisbuttheadwtf.jpg
whoa  :o

Written By: danootaandme on 05/17/06 at 4:42 am

So is this computer desk but I'm not aroused by it.  ;D

Yeah, but the legs on your computer desk don't go up to its neck  ;D

]

Anyway, I'm talking about how they can be so damned irrational and controlling. I unfortunately was involved with a girl for about 1 year who I now know to be a 'borderline personality disorder'. For me, she is 'woman writ large'.  I know we're all different, and I'm sure there are plenty of women who are calm, rational, nice people ... but there are feminine ways of dealing with the world, and this girl seemed to be a gross caricature of that ... and boy, did she know how to pull my strings / control me. Rages and tears. Praise and devaluation. 'Silent treatment' and letters of apology. She subjected me to the whole gamut of female 'games'.

So, my life is blighted .. maybe I do understand women a bit more ... and I can tell you, I'm on the defensive / look out for their controlling ways ... putting you on their 'crap-list' / in the 'dog-house', 'sending you to coventry' etc; etc;

You don't understand women a bit more.  You understand that one woman a bit more.  It is a big mistake to brand all with the experiences you have because of your own bad choices, after all it is a two way street.  There are men who act the same way.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/17/06 at 6:41 am

There are men who act the same way.

I agree. Some men act like nothing but big babies (at least a few that I have encountered). ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 05/17/06 at 8:07 am

I agree. Some men act like nothing but big babies (at least a few that I have encountered). ;)

When a man gets married he gets a wife, when a woman gets married she gets another womans son.    ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/17/06 at 8:10 am

When a man gets married he gets a wife, when a woman gets married she gets another womans son.    ;D

;D That is SO true! Sometimes when I get mad at Chris, when he's acting like a baby, I say, "wow, I have 2 kids!!" ;)

Written By: Bobby on 05/17/06 at 8:41 am

WARNING WARNING ... The following is a serious 'heavy' post .... if you're not into this kind of stuff, skip right past!

Now here's something else I don't understand .... and this is probably worth a whole thread all to itself ...Women ... their moods, and their wiles. I'm not sure it's a good idea, because it's something that could be quite divisive .. start a lot of fights / polarization etc;

Anyway, I'm talking about how they can be so damned irrational and controlling. I unfortunately was involved with a girl for about 1 year who I now know to be a 'borderline personality disorder'. For me, she is 'woman writ large'.  I know we're all different, and I'm sure there are plenty of women who are calm, rational, nice people ... but there are feminine ways of dealing with the world, and this girl seemed to be a gross caricature of that ... and boy, did she know how to pull my strings / control me. Rages and tears. Praise and devaluation. 'Silent treatment' and letters of apology. She subjected me to the whole gamut of female 'games'.

I used to be 'Sir Alan' (and believe me, I never tried so hard / gave so much to one person in my life ... I really thought the world had dealt her an injustice, that she'd been hurt badly by other guys ... so in I rode on my 'white horse' determined to right those wrongs. I was as gentle, patient kind,tender, and thoughtful as I could be. She ended up 'breaking my heart')... ultimately, like all her boyfriends, I became a 'piece of crap'...

This 'poor girl' ...(who is really an adult 'spoilt-brat' that 'Super-nanny' never got to) how can she be so unlucky?? ... she just keeps meeting 'freaks' ... and ends up involved in restraining orders / apprehended violence orders. Actually, I had to take one out on her, although she took one out on the last guy, and I think a previous guy ... I wonder who the common factor is .....??

So, my life is blighted .. maybe I do understand women a bit more ... and I can tell you, I'm on the defensive / look out for their controlling ways ... putting you on their 'crap-list' / in the 'dog-house', 'sending you to coventry' etc; etc;

Yes, I used to be a 'new romantic' ... well, I do have a quite romantic side ... I unfortunately tend to wear my heart on my sleeve. The humour here is maybe my own personal therapy .. I don't know ...

Anyway, enough about me .... I'm sure this long post will piss somebody off .. you can never please everyone.

By the way, I've substituted c..r..a..p.. here, because it looks like the system must've recently changed to censor such words as s...h...i...t.. and give us 'sheesh' ... how wonderful (  ::) ) got to pander to the kiddies I guess ....(their 'innocent eyes' may be offended / corrupted .... I'm so sure they never use words like that at school  ::)  So you may never see this last paragraph  as intended ... maybe moderators have decided to step in / get 'heavy handed'  with the posts ? .... Oh, well, all good things come to an end ...

Okay, Mr Mister, I will be brave enough to tackle your heavy post . . .

Men and women tend to have fundamentally different ways of interpreting the world and there is also proof now that there is a biological as well as a hormonal reason for this.

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/050120_brain_sex.html

However, there are so many factors why people are so different to each other. Family history, emotional baggage, experiences in life . . . etc. To a lot of people's credit, these factors don't usually affect them in everyday life but come to the fore in relationships where people are more emotional and potentially more vulnerable.

The main difference between a woman and a man (in my opinion) is that a man will quite often see things in black and white, men are literal in the way they speak and more straight-forward in general. Women tend to be the opposite, they see things in all shades of grey, don't neccessarily say what they mean and men have a hard time deciphering what women mean and what they really want to hear.

The fact of the matter is this: Men and women are very different to each other. We are two very different beings that just happen to share a similar body format.  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 05/17/06 at 8:56 am

Yeah, but the legs on your computer desk don't go up to its neck   ;D

Hey, I like a pair of breasts between those legs.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 05/17/06 at 8:59 am

Erm . . . I think male genitalia has the same fleshy colour so that can't be right.

*Checks*

Yep.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/17/06 at 9:05 am

Erm . . . I think male genitalia has the same fleshy colour so that can't be right.

*Checks*

Yep.

LOL at the thought of you actually checking!! ;D :D

Written By: Bobby on 05/17/06 at 9:06 am

LOL at the thought of you actually checking!! ;D :D

I did as well - I wanted to be 100% accurate on the matter.  :-[ ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/17/06 at 9:06 am

I did as well - I wanted to be 100% accurate on the matter.  :-[ ;D

LOL...you are too much!!! ;) :D

Written By: karen on 05/17/06 at 10:16 am

According to this site pink was associated with boys until after the Second World War.  Pink was seen as akin to red, a strong colour, and blue more delicate.

Written By: Bobby on 05/17/06 at 2:01 pm

Well, thanks for taking the time and effort to reply Bobby. What you said does make sense. I did do pyschology at uni, and have spent a lot of time reading self-help books over the years. Books by Alan Pease about the differences between men and women were very entertaining and informative. Also, one that connected with me with its messages was one called 'Obsessive love: when it hurts too much to let go'.  I read over many days web-sites about 'narcissistic personality disorder' etc; and I've done 'Est' and the  'Silva mind' course, + flotation tanks .... so I've had a fair bit of interest in self-discovery, and so on in the past. I tend to try and analyse everything ... ruminate forever on why something has happened.

Anyway, yes I do remember reading in the Pease series of books how the language women use to communicate their needs can sometimes be very frustrating for men .... that they can be quite obtuse, and you wonder what the hell they really want. Like often, according to him, they don't want advice or solutions, they just want you to be there to listen for them ... that's it!

Enough from me for now ... I've been advised that maybe my longish posts turn some people off.

I have been through a similar-ish situation to you. This website sorted me out: 

http://mentalhelp.net/psyhelp/chap8/chap8d.htm

It describes what is good and bad love - gave me a bit of an epithany when I read it.

Because men are solution-orientated, they get confused with a woman's inability to do anything about her pain/misery and get frustrated when a woman isn't interested in the answer you give (even though it is often staring her in the face). When I talk to somebody and have a problem, there is a big part of me that is looking for a solution from somebody else - the idea of just prattling away in a one-way conversation baffles me . . . but then again, I am not a woman . . .

Self-help is great but too much of it makes you wonder where the wood is for the trees. Usually, the best way to help yourself is to DO rather than read - got me?  ;)

As for the length of your posts . . . well . . . I shouldn't worry too much about it. You write what you like (within forum rules of course, lol).  :)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/17/06 at 2:21 pm

Hey, I like a pair of breasts between those legs.  ;D

Imagines the scene?

whose legs and whose breasts, what I mean is, is this one or two people we are talking about here  ;D ;D

Written By: Bobby on 05/17/06 at 2:25 pm

Imagines the scene?

whose legs and whose breasts, what I mean is, is this one or two people we are talking about here   ;D ;D

Ha ha! It doesn't take much to get poor Jules confused . . . Bless her.  ;)

Danoota said I would like a woman with legs up to her neck and I replied back saying I would like a pair of boobs involved too.  ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/17/06 at 2:31 pm

Ha ha! It doesn't take much to get poor Jules confused . . . Bless her.  ;)

Danoota said I would like a woman with legs up to her neck and I replied back saying I would like a pair of boobs involved too.  ;D

I THOUGHT SO  ::)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/P1pp1s/YoureaNaughtyBoy.jpg

I don't need blessing either thanks all the same honey, always sounds so condescending that.  Except if your blowing snot around of course.  Attishooo - bless you    :D

Written By: Bobby on 05/17/06 at 2:39 pm

I THOUGHT SO  ::)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/P1pp1s/YoureaNaughtyBoy.jpg

If you've got a pair of boobs, let me know what your room number is.  ;D

I don't need blessing either thanks all the same honey, always sounds so condescending that.  Except if your blowing snot around of course.  Attishooo - bless you    :D

It was meant as mock condescension, lol.

Eugh!

*wipes mucus from my shirt*

Written By: Apricot on 05/17/06 at 3:22 pm

Sounds intriguing . . . I may do some research on this. One day I might become a 'breastologist'.  8)

There's a lot of theories, that one I posted seems to be the only one to make sense to me.

Written By: Apricot on 05/17/06 at 3:24 pm

I don't understand why people feel the need to turn their music right up at inconsiderate times of the day. It wouldn't be as bad, but their music is always utter crap

I hate having to hear other people's music against my will. If you have a good CD, by all means, I'll say "Put it in, then!".. but if you just feel like you need to blare a CD through the car/room/whatever, I get mad. That's why I prefer headphones.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/17/06 at 3:28 pm

I hate having to hear other people's music against my will. If you have a good CD, by all means, I'll say "Put it in, then!".. but if you just feel like you need to blare a CD through the car/room/whatever, I get mad. That's why I prefer headphones.

I'm definitely an offender there ... but only because my family hates my music and wouldn't listen to it willingly  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/17/06 at 3:48 pm

This is a good question.  Why do we associate different colors as male or female?  I was going to say we do it because colors do seem to have an energy to them.  But why is that?  I've always been fascinated with the connection between our visual system and the responses our brains have to what we see.  Like colors.   (KKay, if you're out there, are you laughing?  Didn't you make fun of me for this?)

I think we have energy thoughts about them, because that's how we were raised... Pink is for girls...

But it had to start somewhere... What did the person who decided this think!?

Written By: Howard on 05/17/06 at 4:41 pm

Why do fools fall in love?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/17/06 at 4:45 pm

Why does the rain fall from up above?

Written By: Bobby on 05/17/06 at 4:47 pm

There's a lot of theories, that one I posted seems to be the only one to make sense to me.

I'm guessing it's just an instinctive thing that can't neccessarily be explained by symbolism or logic . . . the same reason why women have to buy so many shoes and handbags.  ;D

Talking of which, I recieved this via e-mail and I would like to know what you ladies on the boards think, whether this man is right or whether he is barking up the wrong tree . . .

"I do not recommend that you get a woman to
admit that she likes you FIRST.

Getting a woman to admit that she likes you
"first" naturally implies that you "admit it"
BACK.

And I DO NOT say, "admit it back" OR "admit it
later" OR anything else of the sort.

Why is this so important?

Simple, really.

I personally believe that TELLING a woman that
you "like her" is one of the WORST things you can
do.

If you want a woman to know that you like her,
the best way is to have her FIGURE IT OUT by the
fact that you guys are getting PHYSICALLY
INVOLVED.

Let me confuse the issue further...

"Telling her" that you like her and "feeling
like you really want to tell her" are two
completely different issues, and they're BOTH
bad... but for different reasons.

TELLING her is bad because it takes the MAGIC,
the SUSPENSE, the MYSTERY, and the SEXUAL TENSION
out of the situation.

It pops the balloon.

It kills the chemistry.

FEELING like you want to tell her and then
asking about HOW to tell her is bad because it
shows that you're not GETTING IT."

Written By: Howard on 05/17/06 at 5:19 pm

Why does the rain fall from up above?

I thought it was down below

Written By: danootaandme on 05/17/06 at 5:22 pm

Fools rush in where wise men never go, but wise men never fall in love so how are they to know?

Written By: Howard on 05/17/06 at 5:23 pm

What does a fool believe?

Written By: danootaandme on 05/17/06 at 5:41 pm

What does a fool believe?

He never gives an answer, but the fool on the hill sees the sun going down.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/17/06 at 5:49 pm

I thought it was down below

'Why do stars suddenly appear..'

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/17/06 at 5:52 pm

'Why do stars suddenly appear..'

....everytime you are near?"

Written By: danootaandme on 05/17/06 at 6:15 pm

....everytime you are near?"

Just like me they want to be

Written By: Apricot on 05/17/06 at 8:23 pm

I'm definitely an offender there ... but only because my family hates my music and wouldn't listen to it willingly  ;D

Yeah, that's why I always use headphones.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/17/06 at 8:39 pm

I was thinking the exact same thing...must be some deep-seated psychological/evolutionary reason for it. lol

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/17/06 at 8:47 pm

Just like me they want to be

.....close to yooooooooooooooooooooooou.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/17/06 at 9:05 pm

.....close to yooooooooooooooooooooooou.

'Why does the sun keeping on shining...'

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/17/06 at 9:57 pm

Yeah, that's why I always use headphones.

Same here, but only because I'm not allowed to listen to anything..

Written By: karen on 05/18/06 at 4:01 am

Because most of you seemed to miss it the first time

According to this site pink was associated with boys until after the Second World War.  Pink was seen as akin to red, a strong colour, and blue more delicate.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/18/06 at 4:11 am

Is that right? What happened during WWII to change that? And didn't Victorian girls wear alot of Pink?

Written By: karen on 05/18/06 at 4:44 am

From the site I linked

"Catholic traditions in Germany and neighboring countries reverse the
current color coding, because of the strong association of blue with
the Virgin Mary...the NAZIs in their concentration camps use a pink
triangle to identify homosexuals. (The yellow star of David is the
best known symbol, used of course to identify Jews. The German system
was quite complicated, using various symbols an colors to identify
criminals, political prisinors, an a whole range of other groups). The
NAZI's choice of pink suggests that it by the 1930s was a color that
in Germany had become associate with girls." - "Gender Specific
Colors"

Written By: Howard on 05/18/06 at 4:44 pm

Why can't this be love?

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/23/06 at 11:09 am

Why can't anybody in my family EVER EVER EVER CLOSE THE GODDAMN CLOSET DOOR!?

JWKELFJEKWLFJSKEL THEY NEVER DO IT!! I HAVE TO!!!!!!

Same with turning off the office light! Ugh... It's so easy to do!

Written By: La Roche on 12/23/06 at 11:47 am

Why can't anybody in my family EVER EVER EVER CLOSE THE GODDAMN CLOSET DOOR!?

JWKELFJEKWLFJSKEL THEY NEVER DO IT!! I HAVE TO!!!!!!

Same with turning off the office light! Ugh... It's so easy to do!

Because they're liberals.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/23/06 at 11:50 am

Because they're liberals.

Ha... I predicted that answer.

Written By: La Roche on 12/23/06 at 11:53 am

Ha... I predicted that answer.

To be fair.. I was either gonna say "Because they're Liberals." or "Because they're Californians."

Written By: Howard on 12/24/06 at 8:42 am

Why temporary breakups happen? ??? :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/06 at 12:56 pm

Why do people come to our message board to buy/sell lawn jarts?

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/26/06 at 1:00 pm

Why do people come to our message board to buy/sell lawn jarts?

Cat

hahaa...I've wondered the same thing. It's like they have their very own "lawn dart community" within a thread too. ;D

Written By: KKay on 12/26/06 at 1:51 pm

why do people drive with their turn signal on?  and why do guidos drive leaning to the center of the car?  why do people with hanidacpped plates drive really really fast?

Written By: Howard on 12/26/06 at 5:02 pm

Why my father thinks he knows it all when fixing my computer and almost loses my Favorites and then uses GoBack to bring back the Favorites again.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/26/06 at 5:18 pm

Why are Christmas drivers are generally the most rude to be up against?

Written By: Tia on 12/26/06 at 5:21 pm

a book on the fifties i recently checked out, can't quite remember the name, claimed pink wasn't associated with girls until the 50s. it was a mamie eisenhower thing, i believe.

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/26/06 at 5:22 pm

why do people drive with their turn signal on?  and why do guidos drive leaning to the center of the car?  why do people with hanidacpped plates drive really really fast?

God, I haven't heard the term "guido" in a long time!!  Brings back memories!!  LOL!!   :)

Written By: Howard on 12/26/06 at 5:28 pm

Why Daylight Savings time will be in March instead of April in 2007.

Written By: DJ Midas on 12/26/06 at 8:29 pm

Why Daylight Savings time will be in March instead of April in 2007.

Because the powers that be want me to get of work earlier a lot more this year.  8)

Written By: Howard on 12/27/06 at 3:44 pm

Why women act so funny sometimes? ::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/27/06 at 3:44 pm

I can solve that for you.  Because we're women.  Hope that clears it up.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/06 at 3:48 pm

I can solve that for you.  Because we're women.  Hope that clears it up.

Thanks. O0  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 12/27/06 at 4:14 pm

Why women act so funny sometimes? ::)

Jealousy.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/06 at 4:17 pm

Jealousy.

They must be jealous of something? ???

Written By: pink daisy on 01/02/07 at 8:05 am

I don't understand what a guido is!

Written By: Howard on 01/02/07 at 8:58 am

"Guido" is Italian for something,I'm not so sure what. ???

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/02/07 at 8:59 am

Here are a couple of examples...
1970's Guido
http://ia.ec.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/74/66/55m.jpg

2000's Guidos
http://re3.mm-a4.yimg.com/image/3071830045

Written By: Howard on 01/02/07 at 9:00 am

Why women want "the man of their dreams", Isn't that saying just a bit old fashioned? ???

Written By: pink daisy on 01/02/07 at 9:02 am

I think that may be because when you're totally in love with someone, they tend to haunt your dreams - but I think you know all about that, Howard.

Written By: Howard on 01/02/07 at 9:05 am

I think that may be because when you're totally in love with someone, they tend to haunt your dreams - but I think you know all about that, Howard.

I don't know but I've never really had a woman who wanted to be a person of my dreams.I know I'm in love with this certain someone I constantly talk about almost every day here but doesn't mean she's in my dreams.

Written By: pink daisy on 01/02/07 at 9:10 am

I bet you do dream about her sometimes.  No one could think about someone as much as you think about her and not dream about them.  Trust me, I know!

Written By: Howard on 01/02/07 at 9:12 am

I bet you do dream about her sometimes.  No one could think about someone as much as you think about her and not dream about them.  Trust me, I know!

Many years ago,I dreamed or had a wet dream about my old girlfriend Annalee and this was in 1999,When I woke up my pajamas were soaked and that was some experience.

Written By: pink daisy on 01/02/07 at 9:31 am

:o Too much information!

Written By: Tia on 01/02/07 at 9:35 am

lol. howard's known for that. although i have to admit that's pretty strong even for him. :P

Written By: pink daisy on 01/02/07 at 9:45 am

'S okay.  I have this effect on guys all the time. (I wish)

Written By: Howard on 01/02/07 at 10:03 am

Sorry. :-[

Written By: La Roche on 01/02/07 at 10:21 am

Many years ago,I dreamed or had a wet dream about my old girlfriend Annalee and this was in 1999,When I woke up my pajamas were soaked and that was some experience.

If you had a wet dream Howard (nocturnal emission  ;D) your pajamas probably shouldn't really be soaked. Did you maybe just piss yourself?

Written By: pink daisy on 01/02/07 at 10:31 am

That totally cracked me up.  And Howard, I forgive you.  It's a normal stage of development (which I sincerely hope is over for you by now).

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/02/07 at 11:27 am

If you had a wet dream Howard (nocturnal emission  ;D) your pajamas probably shouldn't really be soaked. Did you maybe just piss yourself?
Oh Gawd!  I almost just did ;D ;D ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/02/07 at 12:13 pm

I don't understand why my phone rings every day at 1:09 (it used to be 2:09 and then we changed the clocks.)  It's been doing this ever since were changes phone companies. 

Written By: Step-chan on 01/02/07 at 6:38 pm

I've had ones like that every here and there until shortly after moving out on my own when I was 24.

Written By: Apricot on 01/02/07 at 6:45 pm

I don't understand why my phone rings every day at 1:09 (it used to be 2:09 and then we changed the clocks.)  It's been doing this ever since were changes phone companies. 

Is someone calling at that time every day, or is it just a hang-up or no answer when you pick it up?

It might be a daily test from the phone company.

Written By: La Roche on 01/02/07 at 7:11 pm

I've had ones like that every here and there until shortly after moving out on my own when I was 24.

Your PJ's were actually soaked.

:-\\

EEeeewww.

Dude, I think both you guys don't jerk off enough. It's healthy to jack it at least a few times a year (I assume you weren't getting much ass? - I know Howard wasn't) maybe that's a solution.. instead of mom coming in and the morning and having to hit you with the newspaper again.

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/02/07 at 7:19 pm

Is someone calling at that time every day, or is it just a hang-up or no answer when you pick it up?

It might be a daily test from the phone company.

No one there.  I don't have caller ID but if you try to do last number recall (*69) it says something like this "automatic re-call can not be used at this time the number is not within our calling range".

I called the phone company and they had no idea why my phone was ringing at the exact same time every day .  I talked to the cable guy (also the phone company) the other day when he was here installing a new box, he had no idea he said they don't do daily testing...

Maybe I'm being contacted from another dimension.  ::)

Written By: La Roche on 01/02/07 at 7:22 pm

No one there.  I don't have caller ID but if you try to do last number recall (*69) it says something like this "automatic re-call can not be used at this time the number is not within our calling range".

I called the phone company and they had no idea why my phone was ringing at the exact same time every day .  I talked to the cable guy (also the phone company) the other day when he was here installing a new box, he had no idea he said they don't do daily testing...

Maybe I'm being contacted from another dimension.  ::)

Should I stop?

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/02/07 at 7:54 pm

Should I stop?

No, I don't mind hot women calling me.  :D

Written By: La Roche on 01/02/07 at 7:55 pm

No, I don't mind hot women calling me.  :D

Awww, thanks girl.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/02/07 at 7:55 pm

I don't understand ...

Yesterday I ate a can of chili.  Today I had a can of Chef Boyardee.  The dump I took today smelled worse than the one I took yesterday ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 01/02/07 at 9:39 pm

Why does my wi-fi have to cut out every time I use the micowave?  >:(

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/02/07 at 9:41 pm

Why does my wi-fi have to cut out every time I use the micowave?  >:(

Microwaves are probably interfering with the wi-fi signal. 

Written By: Brian06 on 01/02/07 at 9:42 pm

Microwaves are probably interfering with the wi-fi signal. 

Yeah I know, it just sucks that it has to be like that. lol

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/02/07 at 9:49 pm

Where is the modem/router/your computer in relation to the main microwave?

BTW, interesting little tidbit of info on another electronic device...anyone really want a PS3?

Yikes!  PS3's galore!

Written By: Brian06 on 01/02/07 at 9:50 pm

Where is the modem/router/your computer in relation to the main microwave?

BTW, interesting little tidbit of info on another electronic device...anyone really want a PS3?

Yikes!  PS3's galore!

Not even close really, but it still like immediately shuts down when the microwave turns on.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/02/07 at 9:51 pm

You must have a pretty high wattage microwave then.  I'd contact your internet provider to see if they have a solution.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/02/07 at 9:52 pm

You must have a pretty high wattage microwave then.  I'd contact your internet provider to see if they have a solution.

Yeah I think our microwave is pretty high wattage. The solution is to use a 5 GHz network instead of the traditional 2.4, but that'll cost money.

Written By: pink daisy on 01/03/07 at 4:12 am

Nah!  Everyone wants a Wii, surely?

Written By: Howard on 01/03/07 at 5:34 pm

No that was white stuff. ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/03/07 at 5:37 pm

That totally cracked me up.  And Howard, I forgive you.  It's a normal stage of development (which I sincerely hope is over for you by now).

I'm craving for another one.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/28/07 at 2:14 pm

I don't understand why when you show someone a booboo you have they have to touch it.  ::)

Cat

Written By: KKay on 05/28/07 at 2:17 pm

why the muppet show isnt' still on.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/28/07 at 2:32 pm

I don't understand why when I am pushing a cart at work, attempting to put merchandise out....customers go even slower, thus, making me have to stand there and wait for them to move. ::)

Written By: Step-chan on 05/28/07 at 3:18 pm

Well, I've never dreamed about a catgirl(but have had one dream where I seen a foxgirl).

Written By: Step-chan on 05/28/07 at 3:36 pm

Your PJ's were actually soaked.

:-\\

EEeeewww.

Dude, I think both you guys don't j*** off enough. It's healthy to jack it at least a few times a year (I assume you weren't getting much ass? - I know Howard wasn't) maybe that's a solution.. instead of mom coming in and the morning and having to hit you with the newspaper again.

No, I never have had my PJs soaked(come to think of it, I don't wear PJs, usually just summer shorts).

I haven't had that type of dream since 2001.

Usually I do that particular thing you talking about a couple of times a week(until a couple of months ago, due to my mom living with me at the moment. I rarely do it now, I think it's been 3 weeks since the last time and I may have done that 2 or 3 times total after her move in. I just don't feel comfortable and can't get into the mood easily mainly because of this situation. Would you feel comfortable in this situation?). I had my apartment all to myself until April, when my mom was evicted(due to my sister).

I've been becoming more irritated too, but the lack of that activity is only a minor reason in the equation.

Also, never had sex, I'm a virgin.

Written By: La Roche on 05/28/07 at 4:39 pm

No, I never have had my PJs soaked(come to think of it, I don't wear PJs, usually just summer shorts).

I haven't had that type of dream since 2001.

Usually I do that particular thing you talking about a couple of times a week(until a couple of months ago, due to my mom living with me at the moment. I rarely do it now, I think it's been 3 weeks since the last time and I may have done that 2 or 3 times total after her move in. I just don't feel comfortable and can't get into the mood easily mainly because of this situation. Would you feel comfortable in this situation?). I had my apartment all to myself until April, when my mom was evicted(due to my sister).

I've been becoming more irritated too, but the lack of that activity is only a minor reason in the equation.

Also, never had sex, I'm a virgin.

Maybe you should take up the offers of one of the guys on the bus.. you never know until you try right?

Written By: Step-chan on 05/28/07 at 4:47 pm

Maybe you should take up the offers of one of the guys on the bus.. you never know until you try right?

You know I'm not interested in men. :D

Written By: La Roche on 05/28/07 at 4:50 pm

You know I'm not interested in men. :D

Maybe not, but they seem to be interested in you, from what you've said. Who knows, you might like it - Every hole's a goal.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/28/07 at 5:08 pm

Maybe not, but they seem to be interested in you, from what you've said. Who knows, you might like it - Every hole's a goal.

I know I won't like it......

I know I won't. They're flirting, hitting on and harrassing(in a case) only made me feel uncomfortable, not interested and I've known my own orientation was heterosexual since I was young.

The gay's flirting with me and asking me where gay bars were hasn't happened in a long time. The only reason why it's happened is because I don't throw off any indication of what my orientation is, I don't act particularly masculine or feminine(appearance and behavior doesn't necessarily mean a thing).

The bus incident involved a drunk, I don't think he was gay... He and the jerk involved accused me of being gay(after situation with the drunk that put his arm around me, I told him: you know I'm a guy, right?).

Written By: Howard on 05/28/07 at 5:56 pm

Why my girlfriend had to get her FREE manicure at the mall yesterday so she could look so beautiful? ::) ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/28/07 at 5:57 pm

why the muppet show isnt' still on.

Isn't it on repeats?  ???

Written By: Step-chan on 05/28/07 at 6:27 pm

I don't understand sports.

Written By: Howard on 05/28/07 at 6:30 pm

women sometimes... ::)

Written By: La Roche on 05/28/07 at 6:30 pm

I don't understand sports.

Ok.. dude..

you talk about being 100% hetro and then you say this...  ???

;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/28/07 at 6:31 pm

Ok.. dude..

;D ;D

He Is?!?!  :o ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 05/28/07 at 6:49 pm

Ok.. dude..

;D ;D

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I've posted about my lack of interest in sports on this site before....

I never got into them, I don't understand them and thanks to high school, I came to loathe them. There are others that ended up being surprised by that fact(a co-worker who ask me if I was going to wear my "Colts" gear to support the team, I told him I'm not a sports fan. He sounded alittle surprised, but not a shocking look sort of way). Someone else on here was very surprised and asked "How could this be?"

Let me give you a conundrum to figure out:

I have very geeky hobbies and interests, more often than not, people with geeky interests are not likely to be into sports.... I know this is not always the case with geekier people like me, though. But I do fit the geek stereotype when it comes to not being interested in sports.

Keep this in mind. As I said, I am a heterosexual, but at the same time I don't fit in the "masculine" heterosexual stereotype, my behavior is neither masculine nor feminine, it's somewhere in the middle.

I don't have to have an interest in sports to prove my orientation. ;D ::)

Written By: Step-chan on 05/28/07 at 6:50 pm

He Is?!?!  :o ;D

Yes I am a hetero.

Sorry Howard.

Written By: whistledog on 05/28/07 at 6:54 pm

I've posted about my lack of interest in sports on this site before....

What about Catgirls playing sports?

http://www.twin.ne.jp/~akr_m/img/AKR099.jpg

Written By: Step-chan on 05/28/07 at 6:57 pm

No, I wouldn't watch that either. :P

Written By: Howard on 05/29/07 at 6:52 am

I'd pay to see that. ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 05/29/07 at 3:11 pm

I'd pay to see that. ;)

To me, it just wouldn't be enjoyable. Sports just bore me to death and high school only made it worse.

Regardless if it's catgirl, foxgirl, ramgirl, inugirl, bunnygirl, cowgirl or any anime girls.

Written By: Howard on 05/29/07 at 3:21 pm

why women enjoy mall hopping... ::) ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/29/07 at 4:04 pm

why women enjoy mall hopping... ::) ;D
You had better figure this one out quickly ;).  Shopping is the only sport I enjoy.

Written By: Howard on 05/29/07 at 4:05 pm

You had better figure this one out quickly ;).  Shopping is the only sport I enjoy.

And plus they have their boyfriends wait outside while they get their free manicure from L'oreal. ::)

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/29/07 at 4:25 pm

And plus they have their boyfriends wait outside while they get their free manicure from L'oreal. ::)

You're a good boyfriend then,no man of mine ever done that,then again i like to pay for manicures,free usually means lame...

Written By: La Roche on 05/29/07 at 4:43 pm

To me, it just wouldn't be enjoyable. Sports just bore me to death and high school only made it worse.

Regardless if it's catgirl, foxgirl, ramgirl, inugirl, bunnygirl, cowgirl or any anime girls.

ok... cat, fox, ram, bunny, cow... are all animals.

.. although odd, I can at least draw a rational line of thought.

.. please.. what's an inugirl?

Written By: Step-chan on 05/29/07 at 4:54 pm

ok... cat, fox, ram, bunny, cow... are all animals.

.. although odd, I can at least draw a rational line of thought.

.. please.. what's an inugirl?

Hence an animal theme...

Inu means dog, for some reason I don't like the way Dog-girl sounds.

You're not the first person to ask me what inu means either.

So this is what it feels like to be a minority. ::)

Written By: La Roche on 05/29/07 at 4:54 pm

Hence an animal theme...

Inu means dog, for some reason I don't like the way Dog-girl sounds.

You're not the first person to ask me what inu means either.

So this is what it feels like to be a minority. ::)

;D

Mmm... I think I went to school with somebody called Dog Girl.. well, that wasn't her name.. but you understand.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/29/07 at 4:57 pm

;D

Mmm... I think I went to school with somebody called Dog Girl.. well, that wasn't her name.. but you understand.

Yep.

Must have been some mean little nickname that got tagged on her.

Written By: La Roche on 05/29/07 at 4:59 pm

Yep.

Must have been some mean little nickname that got tagged on her.

.. Mean? Why..

She just had a lot of dogs.

No, actually, she was very ugly. Her name was Megan and I used to call her Smegan.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/29/07 at 5:02 pm

.. Mean? Why..

She just had a lot of dogs.

No, actually, she was very ugly. Her name was Megan and I used to call her Smegan.

Well, I had no other indication of why, so that's what I guess.

Written By: La Roche on 05/29/07 at 9:35 pm

Well, I had no other indication of why, so that's what I guess.

It was a good guess. I had every intention of twisting your words so you seemed cruel and unnecessarily unkind, but alas, you wriggled out of it.

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/29/07 at 9:36 pm

Why I'll never understand...

Written By: Howard on 05/30/07 at 6:43 am

You don't understand.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/30/07 at 7:19 am

I don't understand why when you show someone a booboo you have they have to touch it.  ::)

Cat
And ask "Does it hurt?"  DUH!!! ::)

Written By: Step-chan on 05/30/07 at 2:18 pm

What is it?

Check for new replies or respond here...