inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your Perfect Guy/Girl?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/16/06 at 12:06 am

Interested in what people look for in others. Not sure if there is already a thread for this, buried in the depths of the forum. Again, I'm too lazy to be bothered with such things.

I look for guys that don't fit the usual stereotype of the "guy". I find artists to be very attractive. Someone romantic, but not to the point where is seems fake (Not sure If I can explain that, or not). Someone who walks to the beat of their own drum and doesn't follow the crowd. If you like football, get the hell out of my sight (:)). Looks usually don't matter much to me, but my personal preference is dark hair (Yet somehow I always end up with a blonde? Weird). Someone who would walk in a cemetery with me at night, on a date. Someone who wouldn't be weirded out with my ghost obsession. Good conversationalist helps, too.

Yeah, More later. I'm tired. :P

Subject: Re: Your Perfect Guy/Girl?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 12:31 am

A girl who ISN'T MidKnightDarkness  :P  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/16/06 at 12:32 am

This man:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Mussina

Good-looking, Ivy League educated and rich.  And since I can't have him specifically, I want his qualities in someone else.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/16/06 at 3:32 am

who are we kidding here?  we'll take whatever we can get  ;D  ;D  ;D
Even though I sometimes act single, I'm not,  so I won't respond more than I have. But I will read.  8)

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 4:41 am

If I said looks weren't important I'd be lying...my perfect girl would be a real stunner physically, yet be totally unlike anyone else I've ever met. I wouldn't like her to be too much like me (only in the good ways), cos I'm such a boring old fart, but I would let someone I could actually get along with.

Written By: Bobby on 05/16/06 at 4:52 am

Any woman that does the housework, washes my clothes and feeds me . . .

;)

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 5:21 am

;)

In other words, one of those 'Virtual Partners' that'll be out soon in an appliance store near you.  :D

Written By: Bobby on 05/16/06 at 6:18 am

In other words, one of those 'Virtual Partners' that'll be out soon in an appliance store near you.  :D

It saves me the hassle of communicating with them.  ;) ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 6:22 am

It saves me the hassle of communicating with them.  ;) ;D

A girl with an 'off' button.  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 9:28 am

Someone who likes good music(a lot of classic rock, blues, jazz etc), politics(liberal!), who doesn't always dress casual when not at work but actually likes to dress up nice, who would let me do all the cooking, the kind and understanding type, and I must say I do like older women.  My perfect SO would probably be older.

Also, I'm pretty freaky, so she would have to be an open-minded person in the bedroom. ;D

Written By: CeeKay on 05/16/06 at 9:42 am

;)

You've been hangin' out with Thrashmeister, haven't you.  ;)

(With a request like that, I hope you like older women....much older....someone's great grandma maybe...  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 9:49 am

The hardest thing about finding an older woman(not THAT old though CeeKay :o ) is finding someone who doesn't have kids...

Right now isn't the time for me to start a Long-term relationship, I need to get settled a bit.  I figure after 22 I can start thinking about it. The perfect scenario for me would be to meet a woman when I'm about 22, in the 33-42 range(mid 30s to early 40s).  I really don't think I'll want kids, so thats not really a deal-breaker for me.  If she was like say 40 and wasn't interested in kids it wouldn't bother me.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/16/06 at 10:19 am

Well, that's something you don't have to worry about *Stabs*

[quote author=

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 10:40 am

Interested in what people look for in others. Not sure if there is already a thread for this, buried in the depths of the forum. Again, I'm too lazy to be bothered with such things.

I look for guys that don't fit the usual stereotype of the "guy". I find artists to be very attractive. Someone romantic, but not to the point where is seems fake (Not sure If I can explain that, or not). Someone who walks to the beat of their own drum and doesn't follow the crowd. If you like football, get the hell out of my sight (:)). Looks usually don't matter much to me, but my personal preference is dark hair (Yet somehow I always end up with a blonde? Weird). Someone who would walk in a cemetery with me at night, on a date. Someone who wouldn't be weirded out with my ghost obsession. Good conversationalist helps, too.

I'm a pretty big Elliott Smith Fan, would everything else be thus irrelevant?

Written By: Tia on 05/16/06 at 10:43 am

http://www.bd.co.kr/toy/images/realdoll.jpg

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/16/06 at 10:44 am

Is that a mannequin dummy?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/16/06 at 10:45 am

(With a request like that, I hope you like older women....much older....someone's great grandma maybe...  ;D
;D  ;D good one, and i think this is also a fetish  :o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/16/06 at 10:46 am

I'm a pretty big Elliott Smith Fan, would everything else be thus irrelevant?

Hahaha, Well being an Elliott Smith fan DOES help a lot.

Written By: Tia on 05/16/06 at 10:47 am

it's a realdoll, a turbocharged, $7500 sex doll.

but i kid, of course. it seems like a good idea in theory but realdolls are apparently incredibly high maintenance. they had an article in harpers magazine about it. can you imagine having a messed-up realdoll that's all sunbleached and pitted out, with only one eye and covered with claw marks from when you accidentally let the cat get at it? talk about good oldfashioned nightmare fuel.

Written By: CeeKay on 05/16/06 at 10:59 am

;D  ;D good one, and i think this is also a fetish  :o

;D Good point!  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 11:02 am

Looks like a Computer simulation, but can't quite tell.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 11:03 am

Looks like a Computer simulation, but can't quite tell.

Have you ever created a sex chatbot?

Written By: Tia on 05/16/06 at 11:05 am

i'd sorta think something like that would end up being a lot like talking to howard. :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 11:05 am

No. Can it you it do anything other than just talk to you?  ;)

But I HAVE experimented quite a bit with the Sims 2...lol

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 11:06 am

Not if it was just text.

The Sims ... lol ... I like that. I'm not content with controlling a household though ... i like Sim City better!  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/16/06 at 11:07 am

it seems that Anthony Michael Hall already tried this in Weird Science  and created Kelly LeBrock  ;)

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 11:08 am

Not if it was just text.

The Sims ... lol ... I like that. I'm not content with controlling a household though ... i like Sim City better!  ;D

Reminds me of long nights creating my virtual cities in my virtual country -  a sort of parallel universe amalgamation of America, Australia and various other countries. I almost created a whole country of cities, believe it or not. I still prefer Sim City 3000 the best; SC2000 was a classic, but the series lost me with SC4000. Wonder if there'll be another in the series.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 11:09 am

it seems that Anthony Michael Hall already tried this in Weird Science  and created Kelly LeBrock  ;)

;D

That's like ... every nerd's fantasy ... lol

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 11:09 am

lol...*applauds*

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 11:09 am

Reminds me of long nights creating my virtual cities in my virtual country -  a sort of parallel universe amalgamation of America, Australia and various other countries. I almost created a whole country of cities, believe it or not. I still prefer Sim City 3000 the best; SC2000 was a classic, but the series lost me with SC4000. Wonder if there'll be another in the series.

Yeah ... SC4 actually has its flaws. It's my favorite, but only because you can create regions.

Written By: Tia on 05/16/06 at 11:11 am

in speaking of howard, when i played sims all my households were populated exclusively by hot lesbians. :-[

when i discovered you could do that, i was like, hmm, i don't see any point in having any men around, really. i think i had one but i got sick of him and enclosed him in a wall until he died.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 11:12 am

Yeah ... SC4 actually has its flaws. It's my favorite, but only because you can create regions.

I hated how you couldn't design the roads system, because I was a control freak and had to design each road seperately. The thing is, I'd create my cities from maps I'd drawn of my made-up cities, zoning maps.etc. How geeky is that?  :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/16/06 at 11:12 am

Dammit, Darko! Keep it out of this thread.

And Wtf? I thought you were Andrew for a second. Find your own avatar, whore!

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 11:14 am

Well, that's something you don't have to worry about *Stabs*

You forgot enormously tall! Alex, how COULD you?!

Well thats a plus, most definitely.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 11:19 am

I hated how you couldn't design the roads system, because I was a control freak and had to design each road seperately. The thing is, I'd create my cities from maps I'd drawn of my made-up cities, zoning maps.etc. How geeky is that?  :D

I also drew maps of the region. One time I created a fantasy world of civilized bears. I had a map, races, characters, wrote some stories, everything. It was like I didn't even create it; I just discovered it.

Dammit, Darko! Keep it out of this thread.

I think you're the whore here.  ;D

Written By: Tia on 05/16/06 at 11:20 am

i hate it when mommy and daddy fight.

rollercoastertycoon is the perfect god game. my ideal woman plays endless games of rollercoastertycoon.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 11:20 am

i hate it when mommy and daddy fight.

rollercoastertycoon is the perfect god game. my ideal woman plays endless games of rollercoastertycoon.

No, SimCity is the ultimate God game.

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 11:22 am

My perfect woman loves Chinese buffets like me.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 11:22 am

[quote author=

Written By: Tia on 05/16/06 at 11:23 am

No, SimCity is the ultimate God game.
in rollercoastertycoon you can make fatal rollercoasters and promise people a fun and exciting time, only to send them hurtling to their fiery deaths.

also, rollercoastertycoon has furry mascots.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 11:23 am

in rollercoastertycoon you can make fatal rollercoasters and promise people a fun and exciting time, only to send them hurtling to their fiery deaths.

also, rollercoastertycoon has furry mascots.

I like furry  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 11:27 am

I like Chinese buffets myself  ;D

Can you make time? ;)

;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 11:28 am

[quote author=

Written By: La Roche on 05/16/06 at 11:43 am

Let's see..

She'd need to be anywhere from about 5'6 - 5'9.. not too short, but not too tall.
Not incredibly skinny, but please, no buffet busters either.
Some meat on the bone is good, in fact, I hate seeing any bone, filled out would be a good description.
Big tits are a must, sorry to sound crude, but you gotta get them sweater puppies swinging.
If she's gonna be blonde then it'll have to be a very dirty blonde, darker, reddy brown is good.
The ability to cook - I can cook, but.. ya know, it's nice not to have to sometimes.
Must own some leather  ;)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/16/06 at 11:47 am

it's a realdoll, a turbocharged, $7500 sex doll.

but i kid, of course. it seems like a good idea in theory but realdolls are apparently incredibly high maintenance. they had an article in harpers magazine about it.

Do you own one?  :D

Written By: Tia on 05/16/06 at 11:48 am

Do you own one?
um, no. with all the work involved, you really might as well just get into a real relationship.

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 11:49 am

She'd have to be someone whos not into amusement parks(I hate 'em).

She'd have to like wild and exotic things, because I'm a bit out there as you all know.

I'm the type of person who would be apt to painting a beach with palm trees on a white wall in my home. I wouldn't keep what you'd call a normal looking home.  I'd have all sorts of exotic plants, different cultural items(Chinese, Spanish, Indian etc.), odd furniture...

Written By: Tia on 05/16/06 at 11:57 am

[quote author=

Written By: KKay on 05/16/06 at 12:02 pm

Let's see..

She'd need to be anywhere from about 5'6 - 5'9.. not too short, but not too tall.
Not incredibly skinny, but please, no buffet busters either.
Some meat on the bone is good, in fact, I hate seeing any bone, filled out would be a good description.
Big tits are a must, sorry to sound crude, but you gotta get them sweater puppies swinging.
If she's gonna be blonde then it'll have to be a very dirty blonde, darker, reddy brown is good.
The ability to cook - I can cook, but.. ya know, it's nice not to have to sometimes.
Must own some leather  ;)

Hi! :)

Written By: KKay on 05/16/06 at 12:04 pm

I like em sorta geeky and eccentric. Um, but not completely f**king insane, though? I keep making that mistake. She should have some genuine enthusiasms, not be one a these damn tagalongs that's just always trying to make ya happy or do whatever it is you awnt to do. She should be smart as hell but not be all uppity about it.

She's probably not a republican, although if it's kim richards, it's probably okay if she's a republican. she's probably not particularly religious.

She's not one of these people who WALKS ALL SLOW. Dammit! My last couple girlfriends, it was like dragging a safe around. I was always, fer chrissakes, could we maybe get there before the sun goes supernova? Which I guess means, um, she should be getting a little exercise occasionally?

i know that person...
but you're a slow walker yourself!

Written By: Tia on 05/16/06 at 12:04 pm

i know that person...
but you're a slow walker yourself!

only when i'm dragging a 16mm projector around.

Written By: KKay on 05/16/06 at 12:06 pm

only when i'm dragging a 16mm projector around.

well, ok then.  ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 12:07 pm

I like em sorta geeky and eccentric. Um, but not completely f**king insane, though? I keep making that mistake. She should have some genuine enthusiasms, not be one a these damn tagalongs that's just always trying to make ya happy or do whatever it is you awnt to do.

I hate that!  Women who live vicariously through whoever they're with= boring.

She should be smart as hell but not be all uppity about it.

Agreed there.

She's probably not a republican, although if it's kim richards, it's probably okay if she's a republican. she's probably not particularly religious.

I could be okay with a common-sense, non-religious kind of conservative.  No Reaganites, Neo-Cons, or religious freakos.

But these philosophical differences aren't always as big of deal as you'd think.  I met this couple once, where the husband was an atheist and his wife was a Pentacostl. :o She wasn't fully practicing, but she considered herself one and she believed.  The dude kept a bible in the hallway closet, and sometimes before he'd go into the bathroom he'd get it out and tear a page out to take to the bathroom with him, and she would say "You're going to hell, Robert". ;D

She's not one of these people who WALKS ALL SLOW. Dammit! My last couple girlfriends, it was like dragging a safe around. I was always, fer chrissakes, could we maybe get there before the sun goes supernova? Which I guess means, um, she should be getting a little exercise occasionally?

Thats annoying from anyone.  Whenever I go to the store with my dad I can't stand it.  He moves like a tortoise.  Some people only have one speed. ::)

Written By: Tia on 05/16/06 at 12:07 pm

i know that person...
YOU KNOW KIM RICHARDS?!?!?!

sorry. *selfzap*

Written By: KKay on 05/16/06 at 12:11 pm

YOU KNOW KIM RICHARDS?!?!?!

sorry. *selfzap*

no kidding selfzap.

Written By: Tia on 05/16/06 at 12:14 pm

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 12:16 pm

when i went to the demonstrations during the election of 2000 there was this couple there, the guy had a "gore/lieberman" sign and the woman had a "sore loserman" sign. they managed to get along.

then there's james carville and mary what'sherface. if they can get along anyone can.

Yup, I was thinking of them too.  Mary Matalin is her name I believe.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/16/06 at 1:30 pm

I think you're the whore here.  ;D

Who have you been talking to..?

Written By: Apricot on 05/16/06 at 3:33 pm

Someone I can talk to, who actually provides some consolation when I need it, can make me laugh, too. Someone that doesn't mind my unusual thought patterns, that I can be a bit creepy from time to time (I do have this tendency.. actually, it's more like very creepy, it just depends on how I show it. ;D)... someone who appreciates what I do. And having a good taste in music doesn't hurt either. ;D

I don't think anyone's "perfect" for another person, per se, but I think there are people who you really connect with a lot more (I know this exists for myself). You demonstrate that friendship and caring at a different level then other relationships and friendships, etc. Does that make sense?

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 3:35 pm

Someone I can talk to, who actually provides some consolation when I need it, can make me laugh, too. Someone that doesn't mind my unusual thought patterns, that I can be a bit creepy from time to time (I do have this tendency.. actually, it's more like very creepy, it just depends on how I show it. ;D)... someone who appreciates what I do. And having a good taste in music doesn't hurt either. ;D

I don't think anyone's "perfect" for another person, per se, but I think there are people who you really connect with a lot more (I know this exists for myself). You demonstrate that friendship and caring at a different level then other relationships and friendships, etc. Does that make sense?

Yup.  And I agree.  I don't believe there is any such thing as "The One".

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 3:36 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Apricot on 05/16/06 at 3:37 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Howard on 05/16/06 at 3:38 pm

This is my perfect girl and ain't nobody going to deny that she's the hotness. :)

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/16/06 at 3:41 pm

I agree. There's probably millions of potential "ones" for everyone.

I also agree, there's no absolute "one" for everyone.

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 3:42 pm

This is my perfect girl and ain't nobody going to deny that she's the hotness. :)

So this is THE Robin?  Well Howard I can see why you're eager to get in her pants.  She looks like an attractive lady. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/16/06 at 3:43 pm

That could be a blow up doll. ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/16/06 at 3:44 pm

Nice Howard, Robin is quite attractive.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/16/06 at 3:46 pm

Nice Howard, Robin is quite attractive.  ;)

Thank You. :)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 3:46 pm

My perfect girl would be pretty, funny, and able to put up with my quirks.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/16/06 at 3:48 pm

My perfect girl would be pretty, funny, and able to put up with my quirks.

That's just about what my perfect girl would be.

Written By: Howard on 05/16/06 at 3:49 pm

My perfect girl would have to have sex on the brain but I found someone who's not quite ready for it yet. ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 3:49 pm

That's just about what my perfect girl would be.

She'd have to be pretty tolerant to put up with MY strange ass  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/16/06 at 3:50 pm

Same with my perfect girl, lol.  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 3:51 pm

I don't have a chance then. I'm a LOT weirder than you! ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/16/06 at 3:57 pm

My perfect girl would also have to enjoy junk food. ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 3:57 pm

[quote author=

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/16/06 at 3:57 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Howard on 05/16/06 at 3:59 pm

We both have to put up with each other's quirks and habits.  ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 4:00 pm

I'm probably weirder than both of you.  ;D

Again, doubt it  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/16/06 at 4:02 pm

Again, doubt it  ;D

Did you ever have an imaginary greeting card business? lol  ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 4:03 pm

Did you ever have an imaginary greeting card business? lol  ;D

No, but I had imaginary bears. And I throw away papel towels because I'm afraid I put poison on them (I have OCD)  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/16/06 at 4:03 pm

I would like a girl who's also into dry humping. ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/16/06 at 4:04 pm

;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 4:04 pm

;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/16/06 at 4:06 pm

No, but I had imaginary bears. And I throw away papel towels because I'm afraid I put poison on them (I have OCD)  ;D

I might have a little OCD myself, I wash my hands all the time and I won't ever drink after anybody.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 4:08 pm

I might have a little OCD myself, I wash my hands all the time and I won't ever drink after anybody.

Yeah, mine drives me freaking nuts.  I will believe something happened that never did, and then sometimes I will be so nervous that I actually make it happen in frustration.

Written By: Howard on 05/16/06 at 4:09 pm

;D

She loves when I get on top sometimes. ;)

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/16/06 at 4:10 pm

She loves when I get on top sometimes. ;)

Too much information, lol.  ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 4:10 pm

;D

Written By: Howard on 05/16/06 at 4:12 pm

There's never enough information as far as I'm concerned. ;D

Written By: Bobby on 05/16/06 at 4:28 pm

A girl with an 'off' button.  ;D

Probably my dream woman. I can then say "Right, turn around", press the button and she does that robot thing where she droops as the power fades.  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 05/16/06 at 4:29 pm

I think I have.

Well . . . If there are any great grannies in the house, give me a holla!  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 05/16/06 at 4:32 pm

Shoot, in all of that, I realized I never got the superficial stuff..

Though I've never been in a relationship with someone with it, I prefer dark hair.. like, darker brown, even close to black. I'm not a fan if it's not the natural color, though. If you have the complexion of a blonde, dark hair doesn't make much sense. ;D

I wouldn't want a girl taller then me. That's just a personal thing.

A lot of what I look for is in the face. There's a certain facial structure I can't quite pin, but it seems to get me every time.  There are a few people with really nice faces, and then a choice 1-2 with the one I really like. Can't describe, cause I don't know a damn thing about bone structure. ;D

Well, I think that's about it.

Written By: loki 13 on 05/16/06 at 4:35 pm

I have been married for 25 years, and we are just as happy now as we were
25 years ago, so I guess I found the perfect girl for me. Should something though,
I think Intelligent and Hot are a perfect combination but I would take intelligent over
hot. She would have to be dignified but not afraid to be trashy, a little sluttiness is
a good thing.

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 4:38 pm

I have been married for 25 years, and we are just as happy now as we were
25 years ago, so I guess I found the perfect girl for me. Should something though,
I think Intelligent and Hot are a perfect combination but I would take intelligent over
hot. She would have to be dignified but not afraid to be trashy, a little sluttiness is
a good thing.

You got married at 18?  :o (your profile says you're 43)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 4:39 pm

I like black (or very dark) hair also. Blondes are often cute, but they usually seem kind of generic-looking, like dolls, if you know what I mean.

Written By: loki 13 on 05/16/06 at 4:42 pm

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 4:43 pm

I just turned 44 last month, I was 19 when I got married. I will have to change my profile.

Ah.

Wow I could not even imagine getting married at my age.  Did you meet in High school?

Written By: Apricot on 05/16/06 at 4:46 pm

I betcha he doesn't even HAVE I, Assassin >..>

And if he does.. Dammit, it was MY idea!

Written By: loki 13 on 05/16/06 at 4:48 pm

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 4:51 pm

My best friend in High School was dating my wife's sister and he set us up
on a blind date.

Cool.

Written By: Howard on 05/16/06 at 5:05 pm

Probably my dream woman. I can then say "Right, turn around", press the button and she does that robot thing where she droops as the power fades.  ;)

I need a girl with An on and off button. ;D

Written By: Bobby on 05/16/06 at 6:37 pm

I need a girl with An on and off button. ;D

I bet you are more interested in turning her on.  ;D

I suppose my ideal woman is more of an abstract than a physical thing (though that obviously helps). I am into the classy intelligent, confident women. She needs to have a decent sense of humour (she's going to need it, lol) and doesn't take herself too seriously.

If looks are an issue, I do like tallish women (over 5'6) and usually go for brunettes/red heads. I don't like skinny women and prefer a woman to have a shapely/curvy figure. I get bowled over by a killer smile and caring eyes.

And if she has a turn-off switch, I will marry her.  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/16/06 at 7:19 pm

I must say... I would love someone like her...

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/16/06 at 7:20 pm

I betcha he doesn't even HAVE I, Assassin >..>

And if he does.. Dammit, it was MY idea!

Heh.. I sent it to him.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/16/06 at 7:22 pm

Aw, Jeez, Doms, Thank You  :\'(

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/16/06 at 7:25 pm

Aw, Jeez, Doms, Thank You  :\'(

Nuuu problem... 'tis true, if only there was a California Beth.. but I'll name her.. Michelle, yes Michelle.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/16/06 at 7:26 pm

Yea Midknightdarkness is awesome, she always makes me laugh, lol.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 7:39 pm

Yea Midknightdarkness is awesome, she always makes me laugh, lol.

Yeah she's very cool :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/16/06 at 7:44 pm

My perfect girl has to like sitting by the fireplace with me, listening to James Taylor, and it would help if she would laugh at my stupid jokes. Has to workout often & have a nice athletic physique, must love to dine out, or dine in and enjoy seafood, bbq ribs, chocolate, Has to have pretty eyes for me to gaze into, a slender neck for nibbling, and smell nice with just a hint of perfume, and not wear too much makeup, just enought to enhance. Has to be smart and resourceful.  Calling me Master or Sir is a plus, but not a requirement. Tanned skin is good, and must wear snug fitting denim jeans. She needs to have nice nails for scratching my back, and enjoy getting a back massage from me. Must allow me time to myself now and then and time with my friends to do my own thing once in awhile, but knowing I'll always be back. It would be nice if she would greet me enthusiastically when I call her or come home and I'll do the same for her.

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/16/06 at 7:48 pm

Picky, picky, Mike...

Written By: Apricot on 05/16/06 at 7:50 pm

Same here, totally.. but I can see her and Donnie.. well, killing each other quickly.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 7:53 pm

Same here, totally.. but I can see her and Donnie.. well, killing each other quickly.

I want to die that way  :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/16/06 at 7:56 pm

WHOMG!!! DONNIE!! CHANGE YOUR AVATAR!!!!

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 7:56 pm

WHOMG!!! DONNIE!! CHANGE YOUR AVATAR!!!!

NO!  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/16/06 at 7:57 pm

NO!  ;D

... I hate you.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/16/06 at 7:58 pm

I want to die that way  :)

Whoa, with a broomstick shoved up your posterior? Sicko.

Oh, that's another thing. I'd want someone who would be able to take it, when I threaten their lives.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 7:59 pm

Oh, that's another thing. I'd want someone who would be able to take it, when I threaten their lives.

You are evil, aren't you?  ;)

Written By: Apricot on 05/16/06 at 8:01 pm

Wow, Donnie seems to take that pretty well. You two should hook up. :D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 8:01 pm

Well, we don't exactly live close together  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/16/06 at 8:02 pm

Funny, I was saying Donnie was obsessed with you, Andrew ::)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/16/06 at 8:04 pm

*Stabs*

Written By: Apricot on 05/16/06 at 8:13 pm

*Stabs*

Ah, Beth.. always stabbing, never finishing off.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/16/06 at 8:16 pm

Ah, Beth.. always stabbing, never finishing off.

Well, Gee, I don't want to KILL you. Just teach you a lesson for saying such outlandish things!

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/16/06 at 8:18 pm

Well, Gee, I don't want to KILL you. Just teach you a lesson for saying such outlandish things!

*Stabs* heh... that WAS kinda fun!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/16/06 at 8:26 pm

Picky, picky, Mike...
Yes, I am sort of picky,but I was actually describing my wife.  8)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/16/06 at 8:28 pm

Yes, I am sort of picky,but I was actually describing my wife.  8)

*Collective Awwww's*

Someone who doesn't buy me tons of crap (Yeah, I know that sounds odd.. but it just doesn't impress me). I'd rather have a guy who makes me things for my birthday, anniversary, etc..

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/16/06 at 9:17 pm

Rich, single, childfree, owns a railroad, broke the freakin' marble slab over the fireplace, you know the type.  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/16/06 at 9:56 pm

*Collective Awwww's*

Someone who doesn't buy me tons of crap (Yeah, I know that sounds odd.. but it just doesn't impress me). I'd rather have a guy who makes me things for my birthday, anniversary, etc..
all right, all right. I was being way too mushy.   :-[  and here's an little applause for a true inthe00s darlin'

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/17/06 at 4:45 am

Well, that's just as well...I love it when women threaten my life. 'Get on the bed now, or else I'll stab you!'

Written By: Apricot on 05/17/06 at 2:09 pm

Well, that's just as well...I love it when women threaten my life. 'Get on the bed now, or else I'll stab you!'

Ooooh, I like the way that sounds. Gotta find someone to try that out with.

Written By: Darkbreed on 05/17/06 at 2:52 pm

i never found a good girl, they useally just try to make me give up hockey or bmx

Written By: Darkbreed on 05/17/06 at 2:54 pm

I would love to walk in a cemetery with you at night to look for ghost (always wanted to do that) and i have black hair oh yea i win, :)

Written By: Tia on 05/17/06 at 3:02 pm

I would love to walk in a cemetery with you at night to look for ghost (always wanted to do that) and i have black hair oh yea i win, :)
unfortunately for you, beth looks like this.

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/sdc/SDC121/181009SDC.jpg

Written By: Apricot on 05/17/06 at 3:05 pm

HohohohohohoHO... trying to comp- Wait.. it's black hair? Damn. You win. :(

Written By: Tia on 05/17/06 at 3:08 pm

HohohohohohoHO... trying to comp- Wait.. it's black hair? Damn. You win. :(
but does the carpet match the drapes?

Written By: Apricot on 05/17/06 at 3:09 pm

but does the carpet match the drapes?

Don't be stupid, Tia, he's not a house, he's a person.

Written By: Tia on 05/17/06 at 3:11 pm

Don't be stupid, Tia, he's not a house, he's a person.
dag. literal much?

Written By: Apricot on 05/17/06 at 3:19 pm

dag. literal much?

Well, what alternative to literal IS there?

Written By: Tia on 05/17/06 at 3:24 pm

Well, what alternative to literal IS there?
you youngsters. i guess you never heard that expression?

so quaint. i feel like i'm talking to eliza again.

Written By: Apricot on 05/17/06 at 3:24 pm

you youngsters. i guess you never heard that expression?

so quaint. i feel like i'm talking to eliza again.

;D I knew it, I just like to be difficult.

Written By: Tia on 05/17/06 at 3:26 pm

*Stabs andrew*

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/17/06 at 3:27 pm

;D I knew it, I just like to be difficult.

Hey, you changed your avatar  >:(

;D

Written By: KKay on 05/17/06 at 3:29 pm

Someone who can't wait to see me.

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/17/06 at 3:32 pm

Someone who can't wait to see me.

Davey?

Written By: KKay on 05/17/06 at 3:52 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Apricot on 05/17/06 at 4:04 pm

Hey, you changed your avatar  >:(

;D

Yeah.. it was too dang confusing. As much as I love "I, Assassin", he was compromised.

Written By: Howard on 05/17/06 at 4:10 pm

I bet you are more interested in turning her on.  ;D

I suppose my ideal woman is more of an abstract than a physical thing (though that obviously helps). I am into the classy intelligent, confident women. She needs to have a decent sense of humour (she's going to need it, lol) and doesn't take herself too seriously.

If looks are an issue, I do like tallish women (over 5'6) and usually go for brunettes/red heads. I don't like skinny women and prefer a woman to have a shapely/curvy figure. I get bowled over by a killer smile and caring eyes.

And if she has a turn-off switch, I will marry her.  ;D

I wish there were on and off buttons on a girl's stomach or anywhere on her body so you know which buttons to turn on and turn off like a robot. ;D

Written By: Bobby on 05/17/06 at 4:40 pm

I wish there were on and off buttons on a girl's stomach or anywhere on her body so you know which buttons to turn on and turn off like a robot. ;D

Heh heh.

It would make sex easier. Satisfying your woman would be a doddle  ;D

Written By: Tia on 05/17/06 at 4:45 pm

oh, gee whiz, y'all.

Written By: jaytee on 05/17/06 at 5:04 pm

I married him in 1984  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/love.gif

Written By: Bobby on 05/17/06 at 5:06 pm

I married him in 1984  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/love.gif

20 odd years of marriage and still going strong. Excellent to hear . . . almost makes me believe in love.  ;D

k.

Written By: Howard on 05/17/06 at 5:13 pm

You've said enough.  ;D

I can never say enough ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/17/06 at 6:48 pm

Ooooh, I like the way that sounds. Gotta find someone to try that out with.

Aaaaand if you listen closely, you can hear the pitter-patter of Doms' feet as he quickly runs to Pennsylvania.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/17/06 at 6:48 pm

Well, aren't YOU a forward one..!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/17/06 at 8:26 pm

heh heh heh, I just had an idea, you should start a "Win a cemetary dream date with Midknight Darkness" thread . need some rules and a contest. this is gonna get me stabbed for sure  :o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/17/06 at 8:29 pm

heh heh heh, I just had an idea, you should start a "Win a cemetary dream date with Midknight Darkness" thread . need some rules and a contest. this is gonna get me stabbed for sure  :o

Yanno, I would..

But I know Howard would be the one who'd win. Or no, probably Donnie Darko... and I'd be forced to just bury him alive.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/17/06 at 8:30 pm

Yanno, I would..

But I know Howard would be the one who'd win. Or no, probably Donnie Darko... and I'd be forced to just bury him alive.
;D  ;D 

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/17/06 at 8:31 pm

;D  ;D 

;) :D

Written By: Darkbreed on 05/17/06 at 8:58 pm

Yep! thats me ;)

Written By: KKay on 05/17/06 at 9:33 pm

would throw out old furniture to make way for my pile of board games..
and would have as much of an LP coleciton as i do
and would want to listen to records and play the
Fat Albert game...
or better, Strip Fat Albert.

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/18/06 at 7:36 am

She would be willing to aid me in fulfilling my life-long dream of becoming a house husband. ;D j/k

Written By: karen on 05/18/06 at 8:10 am

Yanno, I would..

And that stops you why?

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/18/06 at 8:12 am

And that stops you why?

;D ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/18/06 at 12:14 pm

And that stops you why?

Touche'

Written By: Howard on 05/18/06 at 4:36 pm

One that's interested in sex. ;D

Written By: Tia on 05/18/06 at 4:41 pm

One that's interested in sex. ;D
problem is, sometimes them ones aren't terribly interested in monogamy.

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/18/06 at 4:45 pm

Maybe I'm just a piece of $h!t, but why does that matter?

Written By: Bobby on 05/18/06 at 4:47 pm

The monogamous ones want to change their men. I want to hear a 'Hell no!" from all you guys that won't take that kind of abuse!  :D

Written By: Tia on 05/18/06 at 4:50 pm

The monogamous ones want to change their men. I want to hear a 'Hell no!" from all you guys that won't take that kind of abuse!  :D
hear hear bobby. cheap flings are super-overrated. it's great if both people are clear that that's all it is, but it hardly ever works out that way and one person almost always ends up drunk and sobbing in the other person's yard.

Written By: Howard on 05/18/06 at 4:54 pm

Why not?

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/18/06 at 4:59 pm

Society says monogamy is inherently "right"... how so?  I mouth the words, most of the time I choose not to offend people, but I know in my heart of hearts I really just don't get it.

Written By: Bobby on 05/18/06 at 4:59 pm

hear hear bobby. cheap flings are super-overrated. it's great if both people are clear that that's all it is, but it hardly ever works out that way and one person almost always ends up drunk and sobbing in the other person's yard.

Right on, brother!

I think that is the fundamental danger of relationships. The balance of love is so precarious - it is rare to find two people who love each other equally.

Written By: Howard on 05/18/06 at 5:00 pm

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/18/06 at 5:01 pm

Monogamy is having more than one wife? ???

Howard- monogamy is when two people who are in a relationship only have sexual relations with eachother.

Written By: Howard on 05/18/06 at 5:09 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Bobby on 05/18/06 at 5:09 pm

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/18/06 at 5:13 pm

If you want to get scientific about it, we are just animals and follow the same rules as they do. It is law and religion that conditions us for monogamy.

Well, actually, some animals ARE biologically monogamous.  However we're not one of them.

I see how religion conditions us for it but how does law?

And I don't see that love and monogamy are mutually exclusive ideas.  There are such things as sexually open marriages(I know of one personally but I won't go into details out of respect).

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/18/06 at 5:14 pm

Come to think of it I was brought up in an atheist home- so I guess that could partly explain why I don't really understand the idea.

Written By: Bobby on 05/18/06 at 5:27 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/18/06 at 5:28 pm

I think "Girlfriend is Better"

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/18/06 at 5:30 pm

Well I am going with the general ideology of what animals are all about . . .

Most of the basic elements of law is based on the ten commandments (Shouldn't steal, murder . . .).

However, I have just looked at a website and it says that bigamy is illegal but polygamy isn't. I've checked out both definitions and they say the same thing . . . so . . . er . . . someeone's talking a load of pants.

Whats bigamy?

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/18/06 at 5:31 pm

???

Written By: Tia on 05/18/06 at 5:31 pm

have a couple lousy ones, my man, you'll think different.  ;)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/18/06 at 5:32 pm

have a couple lousy ones, my man, you'll think different.  ;)

You get the reference right?  :D

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/18/06 at 5:34 pm

Better than what?  That post seemed somewhat random. :D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/18/06 at 5:34 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Bobby on 05/18/06 at 5:34 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Tia on 05/18/06 at 5:35 pm

You get the reference right?  :D
no, i took it completely literally. :-[

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/18/06 at 5:36 pm

no, i took it completely literally. :-[

Well it was pretty obscure  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/18/06 at 5:36 pm

Bigamy means having two spouses at the same time.

Isn't that what polygamy is? :D

Written By: Tia on 05/18/06 at 5:39 pm

Well it was pretty obscure  ;D
particularly to someone who wants to choke all members of the talking heads to death with his bare hands to impress kim richards.

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/18/06 at 5:42 pm

particularly to someone who wants to choke all members of the talking heads to death with his bare hands to impress kim richards.

Who!?

Written By: Tia on 05/18/06 at 5:51 pm

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/18/06 at 5:52 pm

lol. one obscure reference deserves another.

now who could kim richards be?

where could i go to find a picture of kim richards?

i know i had one around here somewhere.

i JUST saw it...

::)

Written By: Tia on 05/18/06 at 5:53 pm

[quote author=

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/18/06 at 6:47 pm

:P

:-* :D

Written By: Tia on 05/18/06 at 7:01 pm

:-* :D
:-* >:(

Written By: Apricot on 05/18/06 at 8:37 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Apricot on 05/19/06 at 2:32 pm

:-* >:(

You notice you two tend to get into these a lot? Cause I do.

Written By: Howard on 05/19/06 at 2:35 pm

Bigamy means having two spouses at the same time.

If I had another spouse Robin would feel jealous cause she knows I'm spending time with the other wife and not her.

Written By: Tia on 05/19/06 at 2:41 pm

You notice you two tend to get into these a lot? Cause I do.
I only recall twice including that brief outburst.

I like to send mixed messages.

Written By: Howard on 05/19/06 at 2:44 pm

One who is NOT a nudge. ;D

Written By: Apricot on 05/19/06 at 2:45 pm

Daaaaah, I know I've seen more then that. You're a liar, a filthy liar.

Written By: Howard on 05/19/06 at 2:54 pm

A girl who has Tourette's Syndrome.LOL. ;D

Written By: Tia on 05/19/06 at 2:57 pm

Daaaaah, I know I've seen more then that. You're a liar, a filthy liar.
;)

Written By: Howard on 05/19/06 at 2:59 pm

I have one already.

Written By: Tia on 05/19/06 at 3:04 pm

I have one already.
Too bad she's not a cartoon catgirl.

Written By: La Roche on 05/19/06 at 3:04 pm

It's love hate isn't it chump.

You love her nose, she hates you fully.

Written By: Howard on 05/19/06 at 3:05 pm

Too bad she's not a cartoon catgirl.

At least the one I have is REAL and not FAKE! ;D

Written By: Apricot on 05/19/06 at 3:07 pm

;)

;D ;)

Written By: Tia on 05/19/06 at 3:18 pm

;D ;)
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/alien.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/19/06 at 11:32 pm

[quote author=

Written By: CeeKay on 05/19/06 at 11:35 pm

My perfect guy?  For starters...he'd actually live in the same state as me.
(I have this tendency to get involved with men who live in New York.  Which wouldn't be so bad except that I'm 2000 miles West of there). :-\\

Written By: La Roche on 05/19/06 at 11:42 pm

My perfect guy?  For starters...he'd actually live in the same state as me.
(I have this tendency to get involved with men who live in New York.  Which wouldn't be so bad except that I'm 2000 miles West of there). :-\\

If you like fat bald guys.. I got a buddy who'd be perfect for you.

He's essentially very similar to me.. except.. far more innocent.. but just as rabid in his hatred of everything that dosen't conform to our ultra-right wing concepts.

You'd be like the odd couple.

Plus he's short.. so.. like.. you could be taller than him..

Written By: CeeKay on 05/19/06 at 11:49 pm

If you like fat bald guys.. I got a buddy who'd be perfect for you.

He's essentially very similar to me.. except.. far more innocent.. but just as rabid in his hatred of everything that dosen't conform to our ultra-right wing concepts.

You'd be like the odd couple.

Plus he's short.. so.. like.. you could be taller than him..

Ummmm......no.
But thanks for the thought  ???

Written By: La Roche on 05/19/06 at 11:51 pm

Ummmm......no.
But thanks for the thought  ???

What the hell!

It's ok, he's moving to Boston in September  ;D

Written By: CeeKay on 05/19/06 at 11:52 pm

What the hell!

It's ok, he's moving to Boston in September  ;D

SEE.  Even that guy would be 2000 miles away come September.  In fact, the last guy I dated lived in New York and is moving to Boston in September too.  I could have a Boston-based fan club. ;)

Written By: La Roche on 05/19/06 at 11:55 pm

SEE.  Even that guy would be 2000 miles away come September.  In fact, the last guy I dated lived in New York and is moving to Boston in September too.  I could have a Boston-based fan club. ;)

You could!

Written By: Howard on 12/26/17 at 2:01 pm

What's your perfect guy or girl?

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/27/17 at 11:09 am

The one I married - our very own Catwoman

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/27/17 at 11:27 am

The one I married...

Me too.  My husband is my perfect guy.  We are lovers, best friends, and constant companions.  We have mutual admiration and respect.  We share the same religious beliefs, which is vital to each of us.  Our future goals are also in line with each other.  And we have tons of fun with each other.

I love him just the way he is.  :-*  :-*  :-*

Written By: GH1996 on 12/29/17 at 2:23 pm

My girlfriend, met her earlier this year on my 2 year visa in Australia..

Good taste in music, similar interests (surfing/snowboarding), can drink like a champ, good sense of humour/sarcasm, same sense of style..

Written By: Howard on 12/29/17 at 2:48 pm

My girlfriend, met her earlier this year on my 2 year visa in Australia..

Good taste in music, similar interests (surfing/snowboarding), can drink like a champ, good sense of humour/sarcasm, same sense of style..

Does she like the same food you do?

Written By: GH1996 on 12/29/17 at 2:58 pm

Does she like the same food you do?

Almost, she's a vegetarian  :-\\

Written By: violet_shy on 12/29/17 at 3:05 pm

My boyfriend Lee is my ideal guy. He has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen! But it's not just that. It's sooo much more!

Written By: Howard on 12/30/17 at 2:49 pm

My boyfriend Lee is my ideal guy. He has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen! But it's not just that. It's sooo much more!

That's so sweet.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...