inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Do You Dislike About Yourself?

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/20/06 at 6:59 pm

I'm cynical about people and overly judgmental. And I'm very, very fearful of things.

Subject: Re: What Do You Dislike About Yourself?

Written By: Apricot on 05/20/06 at 7:09 pm

Aye.. a lot of things. I pretty much hate everything about myself about 3 months after I do it. I can't even stand reading my old posts.

My least desirable trait is how much I drive people away.. I'm very annoying. I'm also very apathetic... pretty much unlikable. Meh.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/20/06 at 7:13 pm

A lot.  Most of which I'm not comfortable getting into here.

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/20/06 at 7:17 pm

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to art, I hate most of my own...

I'm annoying, so says mostly everyone I meet.

I'm picky about a lot of things.

Written By: Morton on 05/20/06 at 7:27 pm

I'm really judgemental, and I enjoy winding people up. There's more, but i'm too tired to think

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/20/06 at 7:30 pm

Doubtful? ^

Written By: Morton on 05/20/06 at 7:34 pm

Doubtful? ^

What's doubtful, dominic?

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/20/06 at 7:35 pm

You're doubtful about yourself, generally.

Written By: Morton on 05/20/06 at 7:36 pm

You're doubtful about yourself, generally.

I lack confidence and motivation, if that's what you mean. I'm not doubtful. I know what I can and can't do...

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/20/06 at 7:37 pm

Er.. yes, confidence...

ya know, you can't start a conversation.. 

Written By: Morton on 05/20/06 at 7:38 pm

Er.. yes, confidence...

ya know, you can't start a conversation.. 

Yeah, there's that  :-[

I can admit I suck at starting conversations. I need to know that i'm wanted before I go barging into a convo... not sure why  :-\\

Written By: rich1981 on 05/20/06 at 7:42 pm

I have much more trouble continuing conversations than starting one myself.

Written By: Mephistopheles on 05/20/06 at 8:58 pm

My shyness.  :(

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/20/06 at 9:05 pm

I hate that I'm a horrible conversationalist. How awkward I am around people... and how most of the time, it's actually a chore for me to be around other people. Sometimes I hate how obsessed with the past I am.. how I can never let go of things. I hate how jealous I am. How no matter how hard I try to be confident, I fail miserably. There are a lot of days where I completely hate my entire appearance... more of those days than days I'm actually comfortable with who I am.

Wow!

Written By: Apricot on 05/20/06 at 9:06 pm

I hate that I'm a horrible conversationalist. How awkward I am around people... and how most of the time, it's actually a chore for me to be around other people. Sometimes I hate how obsessed with the past I am.. how I can never let go of things. I hate how jealous I am. How no matter how hard I try to be confident, I fail miserably. There are a lot of days where I completely hate my entire appearance... more of those days than days I'm actually comfortable with who I am.

Wow!

Wow indeed.. you sound a lot like me.

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/20/06 at 9:09 pm

Wow!

The first few is what makes you interesting... it's a good thing! As for never letting go of the past and Jealous, well.. that's kinda normal, I dunno.

And don't hate your appearance! Ask the 203928305 people who flirted with you....

Written By: Apricot on 05/20/06 at 9:11 pm

And don't hate your appearance! Ask the 203928305 people who flirted with you....

Notice that she said "some days"... there are some days you just get so down on yourself that your self-esteem is so destroyed that you feel disgusting in every sense.

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/20/06 at 9:12 pm

Notice that she said "some days"... there are some days you just get so down on yourself that your self-esteem is so destroyed that you feel disgusting in every sense.

I know that, I'm just saying that ... Geez, Andrew, just trying to help! ::)

Written By: Apricot on 05/20/06 at 9:18 pm

I know that, I'm just saying that ... Geez, Andrew, just trying to help! ::)

You're very ugly.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/20/06 at 9:21 pm

That I'm too introverted (if you don't know what that word means, look it up!)
That I'm a perfectionist in some things (things need to "look" right)

Written By: Apricot on 05/20/06 at 9:26 pm

That I'm a perfectionist in some things (things need to "look" right)

I guessed that after I saw your handwriting. ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/20/06 at 9:34 pm

You're very ugly.

I frankly don't care.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/20/06 at 9:36 pm

I used to hate my appearance more when I was fat, though I miss being skinny right after that.
I feel really anxious about everything, worry for everyone else about things that are none of my business, and sometimes I can't converse with people, but other people I can, because they don't make me nervous.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/20/06 at 9:36 pm

I guessed that after I saw your handwriting. ;D
That's because, as a youngin', I'd get a slap across the hand everytime I wrote messy.

Written By: Apricot on 05/20/06 at 9:37 pm

I frankly don't care.

Cracker.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/20/06 at 10:54 pm

Wow!

Do you hate how much you love stabbing me?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/21/06 at 12:21 am

Do you hate how much you love stabbing me?

No, see, that's the one thing I do love about myself.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/21/06 at 1:06 am

No, see, that's the one thing I do love about myself.

;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/21/06 at 1:14 am

;D

Yeah, laugh it up, ya fruit loop.

Written By: Echo Nomad on 05/21/06 at 1:23 am

I'm both apprehensive and somewhat a procrasinator when it comes to things I don't like.

Written By: KKay on 05/21/06 at 7:56 am

I hate that I made a bunch of promises to myself this month and didn't keep any of them

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/21/06 at 8:01 am

I'd like to be a bit more buff...but I don't have the drive or motivation for it...ah, it's not the most important thing in the world anyway.

I'm unhappy with my limited knowledge of music...watching music quizes, talking to real experts really puts me to shame!

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/21/06 at 8:05 am

I'm cynical about people and overly judgmental. And I'm very, very fearful of things.

I often feel like that too...I'm inadvertantly a bit harsh and judgemental of people. I also dislike the bitterness I still sort of harbour against many people my age, because I never really felt I 'belonged' as a teenager or even now. I wish I could just live my life, but I guess I can't really help it. I'm also quite shy and very inhibited, making me awkward with girls, in uncomfortable situations.etc. lol

Written By: chaka on 05/21/06 at 8:08 am

I feel uncomfortable when I'm with a group of people; I realise I just don't fit in because I somehow see things completely diffently then them. I just wish I didn't care so much about what people think.

Another thing is that I get lost in my own illusions and then I can't make the diffence between what really is going on in my life and what I wish was happening.
I lie to myself.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/21/06 at 8:10 am

I feel uncomfortable when I'm with a group of people; I realise I just don't fit in because I somehow see things completely diffently then them. I just wish I didn't care so much about what people think.

Another thing is that I get lost in my own illusions and then I can't make the diffence between what really is going on in my life and what I wish was happening.
I lie to myself.

I always feel like an outcast in groups as well...like I'm set apart. Not that I'm better than them, just different.

Written By: chaka on 05/21/06 at 8:11 am

^I also see it like that.
I'm actually glad that I'm not like them but I still wish it was easier to have a normal conversation with them.
Thing is: I hate small talk.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/21/06 at 8:13 am

^I also see it like that.
I'm actually glad that I'm not like them but I still wish it was easier to have a normal conversation with them.

Exactly...that's why chatting online and posting on the inthe00s.com are in many ways better than conversation in real life. At least here we can cut to the chase, and discuss things that interest us. On a purely intellectual level, I think posting or chatting is a viable substitute to face to face conversation.

Written By: chaka on 05/21/06 at 8:19 am

On a purely intellectual level, I think posting or chatting is a viable substitute to face to face conversation.

well it always depends on who you're talking to but you're right in most cases.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/21/06 at 10:32 am

This would sound strange but sometimes I do not like the fact that people think I am really smart, I mean really smart.

Whenever somebody at work makes some comment like "LyricBoy, we here at Spacely Sprockets like you for your brains" I want to puke right there and then.  ::)

Just once I would like to hear "Hey LyricBoy, nice package".  :-\\

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/21/06 at 12:45 pm

I lie to myself.

Oh wow, I know exactly what that's like.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/21/06 at 2:06 pm

I hate how down I am on myself when I don't do something right. I am somewhat of a perfectionist and I like things "just so" a lot of the time. I get nervous whenever things aren't in their place or whenever people don't put things away right, etc.  I sometimes expect too much from people.  I am very moody and depressed a lot of the time, but I can put on a good face when needed.  I hate the fact that I am overweight and that I cannot seem to lose the weight. I also hate that I still haven't finished college completely and have taken so long to do what I have wanted to do in life.

Written By: CeeKay on 05/21/06 at 11:40 pm

I lie to myself.

I used to do this.  I didn't like it either.  Do you write in a journal?  that's what helped me.  I heard that we really can't lie to ourselves when we write....we'll either tell the truth or avoid writing.

Written By: CeeKay on 05/21/06 at 11:42 pm

I don't like that I can't seem to keep up an exercise to routine.  At my age, I need to have steady exercise or I'm in trouble.  But I don't.  And I can't seem to conquer this.  Meanwhile, my body's becoming flabby and weak.  I'm very unhappy about it.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/21/06 at 11:46 pm

Me too.

I also hate when people say: "Hi, How Are You?" (or any variation) and expect the answer to always be: "Good", "Never Felt Better" etc. And act all surprised when you say "Not too great" or any variation.

I'm also not one to make small talk with check-out people either. Especially the "Have a nice day" remark they always say. Like they care if I have a good day or not.  ::)

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/21/06 at 11:51 pm

I tend to worry...a lot.

I wish I could lose weight, but I don't have the willpower.

Written By: chaka on 05/22/06 at 7:54 am

I used to do this.  I didn't like it either.  Do you write in a journal?  that's what helped me.  I heard that we really can't lie to ourselves when we write....we'll either tell the truth or avoid writing.

yeah I've been doing that for over 2 years now and it really does help you stay honest with yourself...but still it happens that I lie to myself,I guess everyone does at some point.

Written By: CeeKay on 05/22/06 at 9:50 am

yeah I've been doing that for over 2 years now and it really does help you stay honest with yourself...but still it happens that I lie to myself,I guess everyone does at some point.

I'm giving you karma for being honest about lying.  (Yes, I think everyone does to some degree).  :)

Written By: Bobby on 05/22/06 at 10:24 am

I guess mine is that I procrastinate.

Written By: KKay on 05/22/06 at 12:26 pm

oh...I agree Bobby^
I procrastinate ...years!
awful

Written By: Bobby on 05/22/06 at 12:28 pm

oh...I agree Bobby^
I procrastinate ...years!
awful

It takes you years to do things? I'm not asking you to take my library books back.  ;) ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/22/06 at 2:39 pm

I'm the procrastination king.  :o  :-\\

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/22/06 at 4:09 pm

I'm thinking about this... this could go either ways... It could lower your self esteem listing everything you hate, but at least you know that there are others like you!

WOO! Random obvious thought!

Written By: Howard on 05/22/06 at 4:13 pm

I'm not assertive enough  :(

Written By: CeeKay on 05/22/06 at 4:18 pm

It takes you years to do things? I'm not asking you to take my library books back.  ;) ;D

I stopped going to the library for just this reason.  We could have a procrastinators club.

Written By: Howard on 05/22/06 at 4:19 pm

I stopped going to the library for just this reason.  We could have a procrastinators club.

Were you supposed to pay a fine?

Written By: CeeKay on 05/22/06 at 4:22 pm

Were you supposed to pay a fine?

Oh, Howard, I paid my fines.  I paid so many fines that I decided I might as well buy my own books.  (So the answer is, I don't owe money to the library). :)

Written By: Howard on 05/22/06 at 4:24 pm

Oh, Howard, I paid my fines.  I paid so many fines that I decided I might as well buy my own books.  (So the answer is, I don't owe money to the library). :)

You bought their books?

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/23/06 at 5:24 am

I'm not assertive enough  :(

You seem assertive (and outspoken) enough on the boards, tho!

Written By: Bobby on 05/24/06 at 9:06 am

But we will have no members because everybody will leave joining until later.  ;) ;D

Written By: CeeKay on 05/24/06 at 10:09 am

But we will have no members because everybody will leave joining until later.  ;) ;D

Yes, yes, yes.  Very good.  It's true.  ;) :)

Written By: Howard on 05/24/06 at 5:00 pm

Pimples  :P

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 2:26 am

I'm just so damn sexy, baby!

Can't get the girls off me, they're like flies sometimes. Now I know how David Cassidy feels! I mean I like girls, but one at a time (or maybe two or three)!

Written By: Apricot on 05/25/06 at 2:25 pm

Me too.

I also hate when people say: "Hi, How Are You?" (or any variation) and expect the answer to always be: "Good", "Never Felt Better" etc. And act all surprised when you say "Not too great" or any variation.

I'm also not one to make small talk with check-out people either. Especially the "Have a nice day" remark they always say. Like they care if I have a good day or not.  ::)

I tend to beat people to the punch at check-out areas.. I always say "Have a good day, son." before they can respond.

People usually say "What's Up?" or a variant, and I usually just say "Not Gonna Go There" if it's bad or "Fine" if things are okay.

Written By: Howard on 05/25/06 at 2:31 pm

You seem assertive (and outspoken) enough on the boards, tho!

Most of the times I'm passive and sometimes assertive

Written By: Howard on 05/25/06 at 2:33 pm

Can't get the girls off me, they're like flies sometimes. Now I know how David Cassidy feels! I mean I like girls, but one at a time (or maybe two or three)!

I bet you're a pimp to most of the girls. ;D

Written By: Apricot on 05/25/06 at 2:37 pm

Same here.. and a few people can vouch for me! :D

Written By: Howard on 05/25/06 at 2:39 pm

Same here.. and a few people can vouch for me! :D

I won't! ::)

Written By: Apricot on 05/25/06 at 2:40 pm

I won't! ::)

Oh Snap! Was that a burn?

Written By: Howard on 05/25/06 at 2:42 pm

Oh Snap! Was that a burn?

And you call yourself sexy? ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 4:13 am

Most of the times I'm passive and sometimes assertive

I have an assertiveness problem too...some people seem too assertive, maybe they should give some of it to me! 

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 4:14 am

I bet you're a pimp to most of the girls. ;D

Yes, you can choose my pimp name in the 'Choose my Username' thread... ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/26/06 at 3:16 pm

I repeat myself

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/26/06 at 4:10 pm

I repeat myself

Then stop it?

Written By: Howard on 05/26/06 at 4:11 pm

Then stop it?

I can't help it
I can't help it ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...