inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 5.19.86 was banned?

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/21/06 at 10:03 am

I just noticed all his posts.etc are removed, so I'm thinking he was banned...I know it'll be 'Good Riddance' to some of you, and although he was sort of a dick I sort of miss having someone my age around here... :(

Subject: Re: 5.19.86 was banned?

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/21/06 at 10:38 am

Oh, don't go on about your age! I've already had enough of that from him. And good riddance the f*cker got banned.

Written By: chaka on 05/21/06 at 11:37 am

What exactly did he do?
I obviously missed something..

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 05/21/06 at 11:47 am

yeah what did he do for bannishemnt?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/21/06 at 12:34 pm

yeah what did he do for bannishemnt?

He made vulgar comments to people, he told me he wanted me to die, he was constantly putting people down being a general nasty person.  Chucky had warned him to knock it off, and he posted the PM here and called the mods a**holes.......then he got canned. 

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/21/06 at 12:36 pm

Oh, don't go on about your age!

Well, it does kinda seem like theres not many young adults here.  Most people are either teens under 18 or adults 25 or older.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/21/06 at 12:52 pm

I've seen them kind come and go. Nothing new under the sun.
::)

Written By: Criz on 05/21/06 at 1:00 pm

[quote author=

Written By: whistledog on 05/21/06 at 1:21 pm

5.19.86 was mean, insulting, and critical of almost everything.  He pretty much dug his own grave from the start

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/21/06 at 2:12 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Bobby on 05/21/06 at 2:47 pm

I've seen them kind come and go. Nothing new under the sun.
::)

I used to get really shocked by people on here too. Now it's like 'So what? They're idiots.'  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/21/06 at 2:53 pm

He was an idiot. Idiots aren't welcome around here. So he got banned.

'Nuff said.  :)

Written By: Apricot on 05/21/06 at 3:33 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Marian on 05/21/06 at 3:51 pm

He made vulgar comments to people, he told me he wanted me to die, he was constantly putting people down being a general nasty person.  Chucky had warned him to knock it off, and he posted the PM here and called the mods a**holes.......then he got canned. 
I missed that part.he;'s the one who started the "c--t" thread,right?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/21/06 at 3:52 pm

All I ever saw up until the swearing after he got banned was him tell me I was an example of why parenting was so bad, and he strongly disagreed with someone.. either way, it was nothing compared to some of the crap our regulars pull. Did I miss anything big you can remember?

He told me he wanted me to die.  He told Chucky and the mods he hoped they'd choke on their chicken.  He called Chucky a prick.  He called me a "pompous idiot" and an "arrogant a**hole". 

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/21/06 at 3:52 pm

I missed that part.he;'s the one who started the "c--t" thread,right?

Yeah.

Written By: nally on 05/21/06 at 5:51 pm

I agree 100%. He couln't tolerate disagreement and gave alot of people a hard time.

I know. He/she/it attacked me, too. When he said that Softcell was a one hit wonder with "Tainted Love", I disproved him by correctly stating that they had additional hits, esp. in other countries, but he tried to refute my statement by stating that they "had no additional hits in the United States"...big deal. ::) I could go on, but I don't like to start arguments.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/21/06 at 5:54 pm

I know. He/she/it attacked me, too. When he said that Softcell was a one hit wonder with "Tainted Love", I disproved him by correctly stating that they had additional hits, esp. in other countries, but he tried to refute my statement by stating that they "had no additional hits in the United States"...big deal. ::) I could go on, but I don't like to start arguments.

He was a stubborn bastard, lol.

What's the bet he'll be back on the boards with a different user-name? In fact he may already have re-registered...

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/21/06 at 5:56 pm

What's the bet he'll be back on the boards with a different user-name? In fact he may already have re-registered...

He told me he was already another name before 5 19 86, and he also said that wasn't his real birthday, lol.

Written By: Tia on 05/21/06 at 5:59 pm

i didn't even know who he was before he had his terminal hiss&yowl, but i immediately decided he was a jerk.

Written By: nally on 05/21/06 at 5:59 pm

He told me he was already another name before 5 19 86, and he also said that wasn't his real birthday, lol.

His real birthday's probably something like 5 19 96, lol. ::) Or mentally it may be 5 19 03.

I don't care. He's another gonner, just like AndrewTalkingWalnut/Coolestdude (who was a recurrence two years ago) and robocop (insert number here). Chucky'll probably catch Five Nineteen's IP and zap him.

Written By: nally on 05/21/06 at 6:02 pm

Just like the two entities I mentioned in my above post. Like I said in that same post, if he's on there, then Chucky can track his IP and...well, you know.

By the way, this is the thread in which he insisted that Softcell was a "One Hit Wonder":
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,19306.0.html

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/21/06 at 6:04 pm

Just like the two entities I mentioned in my above post. Like I said in that same post, if he's on there, then Chucky can track his IP and...well, you know.

By the way, this is the thread in which he insisted that Softcell was a "One Hit Wonder":

He was like threatening me and the board when he was iming me. He said he wants to "take down" the board, lol. He's a pretty disturbed individual. I think I have to change my AIM name now, lol.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/21/06 at 6:05 pm

He could always use another computer  ;)

But yeah, perhaps it's not worth the trouble

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/21/06 at 6:05 pm

He could always use another computer  ;)

But yeah, perhaps it's not worth the trouble

Eventually he'll get bored and it won't be worth the trouble.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/21/06 at 6:06 pm

He was like threatening me and the board when he was iming me. He said he wants to "take down" the board, lol. He's a pretty disturbed individual. I think I have to change my AIM name now, lol.

lol, was he planning to hack into the site?  ::)

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/21/06 at 6:07 pm

lol, was he planning to hack into the site?  ::)

He said he wants to find a way, I think he's just full of it myself.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/21/06 at 6:07 pm

I think he's been IMing me the last two days.  He'll say something like "F*ck you, stupid whore" and then immediately sign off.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/21/06 at 6:09 pm

I think he's been IMing me the last two days.  He'll say something like "F*ck you, stupid whore" and then immediately sign off.

Yeah he was telling me he wishes you were dead, actually he said he wants us all dead. He needs help, has no self control at all.

Written By: nally on 05/21/06 at 6:10 pm

IMing you? On another site?

If he sent you a nasty PM (on this board), you can always Report To Admin. It would've been nice if that feature had existed more than a year ago, because in January of '05 I got a nasty PM from someone who only made a few posts and has never returned.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/21/06 at 6:11 pm

He's actually an OK guy, but I respect Chucky's judgment in banning him. As much of a prick as he was, he was a good decadeologist. :)

Written By: nally on 05/21/06 at 6:11 pm

Yeah he was telling me he wishes you were dead, actually he said he wants us all dead. He needs help, has no self control at all.

Sounds like AndrewCoolestDude. ::) I wonder if he was the same guy.. :o :o

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/21/06 at 6:12 pm

If he sent you a nasty PM (on this board), you can always Report To Admin. It would've been nice if that feature had existed more than a year ago, because in January of '05 I got a nasty PM from someone who only made a few posts and has never returned.

Probably AIM like he sent me, I think she has her SN on her profile too.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/21/06 at 6:13 pm

He's actually an OK guy, but I respect Chucky's judgment in banning him. As much of a prick as he was, he was a good decadeologist. :)

Sometimes he was alright, but then he would just totally lose it. He has some serious personality issues.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/21/06 at 6:19 pm

No, IMing me on AIM.  I just don't respond to him.  Let him think he's bothering me.  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 05/21/06 at 6:21 pm

He told me he wanted me to die.  He told Chucky and the mods he hoped they'd choke on their chicken.  He called Chucky a prick.  He called me a "pompous idiot" and an "arrogant a**hole". 

I saw a lot of that stuff post-ban.. did he do it pre-ban?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/21/06 at 6:22 pm

I saw a lot of that stuff post-ban.. did he do it pre-ban?

Yes.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/21/06 at 6:27 pm

That's a kind of harassment, actually, but I don't think it'll be worth pursuing any kind of action, unless it continues...

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/21/06 at 6:29 pm

That's a kind of harassment, actually, but I don't think it'll be worth pursuing any kind of action, unless it continues...

Yeah he was doing it to me too. I'll just block his name I guess.

Written By: nally on 05/21/06 at 6:32 pm

No, IMing me on AIM.  I just don't respond to him.  Let him think he's bothering me.   ;D

Good idea. He's just not worth the time or energy. ::)

Written By: STAR70 on 05/21/06 at 6:45 pm

He said he wants to find a way, I think he's just full of it myself.

OR FULL OF IT

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/21/06 at 7:59 pm

I wonder how many Karma points he accumulated? ???

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/21/06 at 8:32 pm

He accumulated like six.
The guy has some serious problems...if he's wishing people dead on a message board and turning this into some sort of great white whale. I mean, I was sick and tired of being harassed by him and I think I sort of instigated his getting banned, and I'm happy about it. I bet you it is more like 5*19*96.

Written By: whistledog on 05/21/06 at 9:21 pm

To him, the only thing that mattered was the American Top 40. 

He did a Lenny Kravitz poll, and only included 4 songs, because apparently that's all of the hits that he had ???
So when I kindly told him that Lenny had other hits that didn't make the Top 40, he got mad and told me that I was annoying and that those other songs don't count as hits.

When I tried to convince him otherwise, he got pissed off and deleted the poll  ::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/21/06 at 9:39 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/21/06 at 9:46 pm

Hmm, I think I posted somewhere my last name and where I live. But I'm not scared of him, he's just some looonely teenager.

Written By: whistledog on 05/21/06 at 10:07 pm

He also deleted a thread about the most notable person in the 90s because someone said Tupac was a better rapper than the Notorious B.I.G. 

I saw that thread.  I was tempted to post in it that all rap sucks just to piss him off, but I didn't want to start a war.  He seemed like a real psychotic 

Written By: Roadgeek on 05/21/06 at 10:17 pm

I liked him. Must have been pretty "behind the scenes" because all of his posts I read seemed pretty good. He was also about 4 years older than me as well I think.

Written By: whistledog on 05/21/06 at 11:38 pm

I liked him. Must have been pretty "behind the scenes" because all of his posts I read seemed pretty good. He was also about 4 years older than me as well I think.

In the end, he got real defensive towards those who didn't like or believe the same things that he did.  It was quite scary in some ways just how verbally violent he became :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/22/06 at 12:44 am

AndrewTalkingWalnut vs. Harmonica!
;D

Written By: karen on 05/22/06 at 4:16 am

CHucky said he got fed up deleting the worst of his posts so maybe you missed all the bad ones?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/22/06 at 4:56 am

No, this does not sound at all like AndrewCoolestDude/AndrewTalkingWalnut/AmazingFan.

Andrew was hostile to his counselors (right before he was finally banned) but was ususally respectful to members here other than repetitive posts.

Its too bad Andrew could not stay within the parameters of this board, I always thought he was cool.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/22/06 at 5:34 am

Hmm, I think I posted somewhere my last name and where I live. But I'm not scared of him, he's just some looonely teenager.

It's scary how the internet allows psychos to track you down...

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/22/06 at 9:00 am

No, this does not sound at all like AndrewCoolestDude/AndrewTalkingWalnut/AmazingFan.

Andrew was hostile to his counselors (right before he was finally banned) but was ususally respectful to members here other than repetitive posts.

Its too bad Andrew could not stay within the parameters of this board, I always thought he was cool.

No I don't think 5.19.86 had multiple personality disorders...he was incapable of putting on a smiley face...

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/22/06 at 9:01 am

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: nally on 05/22/06 at 9:44 am

It`s too bad Andrew could not stay within the parameters of this board, I always thought he was cool.

Okay, but they might be related, ya never know. ::)

Written By: Bobby on 05/22/06 at 11:05 am

AndrewTalkingWalnut vs. Harmonica!
;D

Am I the only person here that liked Harmonica?

Written By: chaka on 05/22/06 at 11:06 am

I've read some of his posts in the past and I don't see any reason not to like him..unless I missed something?

Written By: Tia on 05/22/06 at 11:12 am

he was actually pretty funny and likable when he wasn't talking about religion or politics. only problem is, he was ALWAYS talking about religion and politics.

Written By: chaka on 05/22/06 at 11:13 am

he was actually pretty funny and likable when he wasn't talking about religion or politics. only problem is, he was ALWAYS talking about religion and politics.

lol so he wasn't likable after all  :D

Written By: Bobby on 05/22/06 at 11:14 am

I've read some of his posts in the past and I don't see any reason not to like him..unless I missed something?

Harmonica had some strong religious views. As far as I am aware (his banning happened while I was away from the boards) his problem was (like a lot of people who got banned) not neccessarily what his view was but how he delivered it . . .

Shame really.

As for AndrewTalkingWalnut, I have never seen anybody like him before and it actually took a poll to decide whether he should be removed from the group because they had never seen anybody like him either and didn't know what to do about him, lol . . . and the less said about Robocop the better . . .  ;) ;D

Written By: nally on 05/22/06 at 11:15 am

Who, Harmonica? Yeah, he was booted not too long ago. He was known to attack people in the Politics forum. Somethin' like that.

Written By: Bobby on 05/22/06 at 11:16 am

We had some great discussions about old school American pro wrestling.

Written By: chaka on 05/22/06 at 11:16 am

and the less said about Robocop the better . . .  ;) ;D

yeah if I remember rightly he had a strong liking towards you!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 05/22/06 at 11:19 am

yeah if I remember rightly he had a strong liking towards you!  ;D

;D

He kept hounding me with e-mails - I can't think of one reason why he would attach himself to me like that . . . a very bizarre individual who was paranoid about his computer getting hacked into.

Written By: chaka on 05/22/06 at 11:19 am

;D

He kept hounding me with e-mails - I can't think of one reason why he would attach himself to me like that . . . a very bizarre individual who was paranoid about his computer getting hacked into.

woah! even e-mails...!

Written By: Gis on 05/22/06 at 12:13 pm

Harmonica had some strong religious views. As far as I am aware (his banning happened while I was away from the boards) his problem was (like a lot of people who got banned) not neccessarily what his view was but how he delivered it . . .

Shame really.

Unfortunatly he started to rant irrationally and threaten and insult people. You missed the Tom Cruise thread I started as a joke that ended up with him calling me and another couple of members all sorts and telling me (among other things)he hoped I would get beaten up infront of him so he could watch and laugh! Not exactly christian behaviour............
He actually got quite frightening in a couple of threads he was so rabid 

Written By: Tia on 05/22/06 at 12:18 pm

his whole disney actress obsession kinda started to weird me out too, after a while.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/22/06 at 12:20 pm

I thought the picture Harmonica posted of himself was pretty cute. I'd do him.

Written By: Tia on 05/22/06 at 12:25 pm

that was jesus dude. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/22/06 at 12:59 pm

that was jesus dude. ;D

LOL....I think he meant that pic of him posing in his wrestling uniform, in the "show us what you look like" thread! ;) ;D

Written By: Tia on 05/22/06 at 1:02 pm

LOL....I think he meant that pic of him posing in his wrestling uniform, in the "show us what you look like" thread! ;) ;D
I figured but I couldn't resist.

oo! somebody less employed than me needs to go find it and link it. I had no idea harmy had posted a picture of himself. Maybe tia would like to have a pajama party with him.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/22/06 at 1:06 pm

I figured but I couldn't resist.

oo! somebody less employed than me needs to go find it and link it. I had no idea harmy had posted a picture of himself. Maybe tia would like to have a pajama party with him.

here ya go....

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11973.0;attach=7366;image

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/22/06 at 1:07 pm

That is why I am careful about revealing too much personal info here (i.e. name, address, etc). Most people on this board are good people and I do trust them. But, because this is a public forum, everyone and anyone can come here. Even though the people who are being talked about on this thread can't post, they can still come here and read what we are saying. Just a word of advice for you and everyone else, be careful of what you say here.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 05/22/06 at 1:08 pm

at long last I now understand that picture MkD posted where she'd retouched that with xes for eyes and a pacifier in his mouth. I was more befuddled by that than anything else I'd ever seen.

Yeah, he's pretty hot. And I'm not even gay.

And how'd you find that so fast? It's your desktop, isn't it? or at least it was till I found you that picture of carrot top.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/22/06 at 1:09 pm

at long last I now understand that picture MkD posted where she'd retouched that with xes for eyes and a pacifier in his mouth. I was more befuddled by that than anything else I'd ever seen.

Yeah, he's pretty hot. And I'm not even gay.

And how'd you find that so fast? It's your desktop, isn't it? or at least it was till I found you that picture of carrot top.

hahahaha..no, I did a search in the "Inthe00's photo album"...and his picture was still in there.

Written By: Bobby on 05/22/06 at 2:04 pm

woah! even e-mails...!

Sorry, I meant PMs . . . Same difference to me.

I would be genuinely worried if it wasn't for the fact they said very little . . . Usually, he would just put a smilie in there or if I hadn't replied to him within a set period of time he would go "zzzzzzzzz" - very odd.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 05/22/06 at 2:06 pm

Unfortunatly he started to rant irrationally and threaten and insult people. You missed the Tom Cruise thread I started as a joke that ended up with him calling me and another couple of members all sorts and telling me (among other things)he hoped I would get beaten up infront of him so he could watch and laugh! Not exactly christian behaviour............
He actually got quite frightening in a couple of threads he was so rabid   

Bloody hell. I don't understand it but I guess it was a good job he got removed.  :-\\

Written By: nally on 05/22/06 at 2:12 pm

hahahaha..no, I did a search in the "Inthe00's photo album"...and his picture was still in there.

So are the pictures of at least two or three former members. :-\\

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/22/06 at 2:13 pm

Wow, I must have missed alot of posts.  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/22/06 at 2:16 pm

Speaking of 5.19.86, the closet I am came to hearing about him, was when he called me a smartass, for weird reason in a thread.  ::)

The net seems to bring out "real winners".  ::)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/22/06 at 2:31 pm

OH GOD!!!!!  Don't tell him that, he'd have a coronary :o  Wait, that's right.....you can't ;)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/22/06 at 5:11 pm

OH GOD!!!!!  Don't tell him that, he'd have a coronary :o  Wait, that's right.....you can't ;)

:D ;D :D

:P :P :P

Did you see him in his clown getup tho'? 

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/23/06 at 8:39 am

Speaking of 5.19.86, the closet I am came to hearing about him, was when he called me a smartass, for weird reason in a thread.  ::)

The net seems to bring out "real winners".  ::)

This thread IS kind of all about 5.19.86, lol.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/23/06 at 8:41 am

Who's Harmonica? Don't remember anyone that went by that name.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/23/06 at 8:42 am

[quote author=

Written By: Gis on 05/23/06 at 9:18 am

Well as you can see from what we've said about him you haven't missed much !

Written By: karen on 05/23/06 at 9:30 am

This should give you an idea of him

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,17208.msg804994.html#msg804994

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/23/06 at 9:34 am

Harmy wasn't a bad guy, he was just way too touchy about his Jesus thing, so he became a razzing target for snickering secularists like me, and this made him even more defensive, and it just sort of built on itself!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/evilgrin1.gif

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/23/06 at 9:36 am

We need that groovy pic of him in his gym kit and...and with the finishing touches X X

;D ;D

Written By: Tia on 05/23/06 at 9:38 am

ah yes, he was fond of this word "pediophiles."

Written By: nally on 05/23/06 at 9:58 am

ah yes, he was fond of this word "pediophiles."

whatever that means...lol ::)

Written By: Tia on 05/23/06 at 10:09 am

whatever that means...lol ::)
i think it's a pedestrian fetish? or a thing for bicycles?

Written By: Gis on 05/23/06 at 10:31 am

Harmy wasn't a bad guy, he was just way too touchy about his Jesus thing, so he became a razzing target for snickering secularists like me, and this made him even more defensive, and it just sort of built on itself!
And boy did he hate being called 'Harmy' he almost blew a gasket when I called him 'Sweetie' too.  ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/23/06 at 11:39 am

And boy did he hate being called 'Harmy' he almost blew a gasket when I called him 'Sweetie' too.  ;D

;D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 05/23/06 at 11:40 am

I miss 5.19.86.  I guess I need better aim ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/23/06 at 11:51 am

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/23/06 at 12:48 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: whistledog on 05/23/06 at 1:45 pm

WAH!!  you miss that loon? 

I miss him like i miss a goiter on my butt cheeks ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/23/06 at 2:01 pm

Both Harmonica and 5.19.86 shared that "don't say something I dislike" trait and couldn't react properly to the fact that people have different opinions. It was their inability to remain civil when responding that ended up getting them the boot.  Not because of their views, etc.

I really lost my patience with 5.19.86 quickly.  I think after being patient with Harmonica for as long as I did, I just came to the realization that multiple warnings won't fix a deep seated behavoir issue.

Written By: Apricot on 05/23/06 at 2:08 pm

He was banned before your day.

Harmonica wasn't bad, but I never debated much with him. Also, I'm good at keeping a cool head in debate, so it wouldn't much bother me. I kinda liked him, he was funny when he was outside of the Politics board. A really nice, enjoyable guy.. and some of his beliefs were pretty right on, I felt.. but he was too extreme in some things.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/23/06 at 2:13 pm

5.19.86    20 years old, too much testosterone, reacting hostile, feeling like it was his role to finish off an opposing member if they started something, he was going to finish it even if it meant being insultive and offensive, they probably have it coming to them (his words). I talked with him the day before he was banned and he was angry, but civil. He reacted as if he was being backed into a corner and the only way out was to get tough. I told him the tough guy act didn't work. He then recalled I had ventured into the Religion section once and decided that the only reason I approached him was because i was a Christian and that if i wanted to I could pray for him. I told him i wasn't on a crusade to convert anyone on this board and that he should pray for himself.  I think there's hope for a guy like him, to be a decent contribution to a board like this, but he's gonna have to learn some manners and common courtesy and not tell members they should just die.    or just go to a forum where smack talk and threats are the accepted way.

Written By: Marian on 05/23/06 at 2:24 pm

No one has ever sent me a nasty PM!!

Written By: Bobby on 05/23/06 at 2:25 pm

There were at least two problems with Harmonica . . .

1. Being religious is fine. However, even God supposed to have allowed Adam and Eve free will to make their own mistakes, Harmonica does not give people that allowance.

2. His line of argument often evolved around using other sensitive subjects that were going to cause offence not only to people who were trying to help him understand about the trials of abortion but also to the people affected by paedophilia and the holocaust.

However, I will still continue to like him and have successfully debated this topic with him previously. Not neccessarily successful in the fact that we both changed views (we reached stalemate even then) but successful in that the debate didn't affect our friendship.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/23/06 at 2:30 pm

I don't usually like talking about people without them being able to defend themselves, but the problem I had with Harmonica was the fact that he would only accept HIS views as the right ones and everyone else was totally wrong-and then he would say that he was the most open-minded person on this board.  ::)

Cat

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/23/06 at 2:40 pm

Agree entirely with the last five posts - you put the situation with this guy very succinctly.

and I'm with Mr Whistledawg too    ;D ;D

Written By: Bobby on 05/23/06 at 2:41 pm

I don't usually like talking about people without them being able to defend themselves, but the problem I had with Harmonica was the fact that he would only accept HIS views as the right ones and everyone else was totally wrong-and then he would say that he was the most open-minded person on this board.  ::)

Not trying to defend him but there are a lot of people like that. I can be pretty stubborn myself.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/23/06 at 2:46 pm

Not trying to defend him but there are a lot of people like that. I can be pretty stubborn myself.  :)

Being stubborn is one thing-I can be stubborn, too. But when you totally dismiss everyone else's opinion and then say your are open-minded is just obsurd to me. There have been times when I say to people, "I see your point but disagree with you". But he didn't do that. One time I even agreed with him on Creation being taught in school-only I felt it should be taught in Mythology class and he got all up in arms because he felt it should be taught in History class. But, according to him, he was the most open-minded person.

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/23/06 at 2:47 pm

I did not know this. Well, I feel the same as Cat - I don't really like to talk about people after they've gone, but I could tell 5.19.86 had a bit of an edge to him - yet, I never knew he was to the point of telling people they should die. I hope he learns from this - although we may never know.

Written By: Bobby on 05/23/06 at 2:49 pm

Being stubborn is one thing-I can be stubborn, too. But when you totally dismiss everyone else's opinion and then say your are open-minded is just obsurd to me. There have been times when I say to people, "I see your point but disagree with you". But he didn't do that. One time I even agreed with him on Creation being taught in school-only I felt it should be taught in Mythology class and he got all up in arms because he felt it should be taught in History class. But, according to him, he was the most open-minded person.

I suppose there is a difference.

Ha ha! Just goes to show there are some subjects best left alone.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/23/06 at 2:51 pm

I suppose there is a difference.

Ha ha! Just goes to show there are some subjects best left alone.  :)

Sometimes I think he just wanted to start arguments.

Cat

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/23/06 at 2:51 pm

Can I just add in here,  I do agree about not discussing members when they aren't here to defend themselves - but can you imagine what would happen knowing his track record of exploding when people voice their opinions - bloody nora the boards would combust with his fury   ;D ;D

Written By: Bobby on 05/23/06 at 2:55 pm

Sometimes I think he just wanted to start arguments.

He had set ideas (not neccessarily correct ones). I do get the impression that a lot of people were pulling his trigger regarding certain subjects, knowing he was going to react in a blaze of fury.

However, Harmonica should have realised this and it was his fault that he reacted the way he did when those subjects arose, knowing avoiding them is certainly a more suitable way of dealing with it.

Written By: whistledog on 05/23/06 at 2:56 pm

I remember 5.19.86 saying something like he was gonna keep coming back to harass us for having him banned. 

If he's reading this right now, and I bet that he is, I've got one thing to say to him ...

http://www.thelandoflies.com/cid_00e801c4fead4060a79063c644c6NannySue.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/23/06 at 3:00 pm

He had set ideas (not neccessarily correct ones). I do get the impression that a lot of people were pulling his trigger regarding certain subjects, knowing he was going to react in a blaze of fury.

However, Harmonica should have realised this and it was his fault that he reacted the way he did when those subjects arose, knowing avoiding them is certainly a more suitable way of dealing with it.

Would I do something like that?  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif

Ok, don't answer that.  ;D

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 05/23/06 at 3:00 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: whistledog on 05/23/06 at 3:01 pm

Was he here when I came back? I seem to have missed him . . . Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter.

He was yes.  He only ever posted in the 90's and 2000's section

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/23/06 at 3:24 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Bobby on 05/23/06 at 3:31 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: whistledog on 05/23/06 at 3:37 pm

He can't read this.  This section is for members only, not guests.

Guests can still read it though.  They just can't post in it

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/23/06 at 3:39 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Bobby on 05/23/06 at 3:40 pm

I don't think guests can read this.  Everytime I look at who's online and who is viewing what, I haven't seen one guest viewing a thread in the PPP. 

I have read as a guest here before logging on.

Written By: whistledog on 05/23/06 at 3:41 pm

I don't think guests can read this.  Everytime I look at who's online and who is viewing what, I haven't seen one guest viewing a thread in the PPP. 

Guests view the PPP all the time.  If they didn't, my rubixgirl / MC Hammer Pants thread would die a slow horrible death ;D

Written By: nally on 05/23/06 at 4:19 pm

No one has ever sent me a nasty PM!!

Well that's good to know, Marian. ;)

Written By: nally on 05/23/06 at 4:21 pm

They can read PPP threads; they just can't post in them. Some guests even view the so-called "Lognest Thread" which I, of course, will never participate in.

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/23/06 at 4:25 pm

They can read PPP threads; they just can't post in them. Some guests even view the so-called "Lognest Thread" which I, of course, will never participate in.
I've even caught some of 'em viewing that thread...which makes fun of Gasolina as well! ;D

Not only have I seen guest viewing the "Longest Thread", I have seen them printing it.  :o :o :o  Why? I have no idea.

Cat

Written By: nally on 05/23/06 at 4:33 pm

Not only have I seen guest viewing the so-called "Longest Thread", I have seen them printing it.  :o :o :o  Why? I have no idea.

Cat

I've also seen 'em viewing other "Members Only" threads. Same goes for the "Spiders."

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/23/06 at 5:27 pm

I've also seen 'em viewing other "Members Only" threads. Same goes for the "Spiders."

I've seen one of them "spiders" supposedly posting in a thread too.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/23/06 at 5:27 pm

I've seen one of them "spiders" supposedly posting in a thread too.

What exactly are "Spiders?"

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/23/06 at 5:29 pm

I guess they are bots that collect information for search engines like google and stuff.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/23/06 at 5:31 pm

I guess they are bots that collect information for search engines like google and stuff.

That's what I thought. Thanks  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/23/06 at 5:53 pm

They are creepy, crawly insects with 8 legs.  :D ;D ;D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/23/06 at 10:41 pm

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cat

;D It's okay, I can see a good joke coming a mile away...

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/24/06 at 3:11 am

;D It's okay, I can see a good joke coming a mile away...

I could see a bad joke coming from two miles away!  :D

Written By: nally on 05/24/06 at 11:00 am

I knew that.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cat

Of course, I knew that, too... Lol. :D ;D >:D

Okay, no more discussion about this ex-member. :-X

Check for new replies or respond here...