inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Was Your Least Favorite Subject In High School?

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/21/06 at 10:48 pm

I hate, hate, hate chemistry. With a burning and fiery passion.

Subject: Re: What Was Your Least Favorite Subject In High School?

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/21/06 at 10:51 pm

LATIN!!!!

And geometry, had to take it twice just to make sure I really didn't like it!  LOL!!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/21/06 at 11:02 pm

Phys. Ed. (Or sport in general)
Literature (Although it wasn't an independent subject, rather a part of English)
Language Studies (We were required to learn 1 language in Year 9 (9th grade I assume) - I had to choose the hardest of all: Japanese.  ::))
Career Ed. (I had no idea what I wanted to be then)

Written By: CeeKay on 05/21/06 at 11:09 pm

I hate, hate, hate chemistry. With a burning and fiery passion.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Written By: rich1981 on 05/21/06 at 11:25 pm

P.E. -- I had such bad experiences with this class since Elementary that in high school I opted to fulfill this requirement during summer sessions in the city college's fitness center.

Written By: whistledog on 05/21/06 at 11:33 pm

Science.  I hated it.  I was like the loser in H.S. and no one would ever want to be my science lab partner.  The teacher didn't care, and always lectured me that I have to find my own partner, so eventually, I just stopped going to class, and accepted my F  :\'(

When I repeated it in Summer School, I had a lenient teacher, and a class of students I dodn't know, so it was easier :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 05/21/06 at 11:39 pm

Chemistry.blech. :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/22/06 at 1:36 am

I didn't hate any of the classes I took, really.  I had to take them all to graduate so it was either suck it up and do your best or whine about it.  By forcing myself to pay attention and follow carefully with my notes, I began getting A's in everything and you can't hate classes you're getting A's in.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 05/22/06 at 3:35 am

I hated Phys Ed at my high school.  We had a sadistic elderly revolting woman as the teacher (like so old that she had also taught half the kids parents).

She use to torture those of us who either couldnt swim - or had phobia's related to water. (I hated water touching my face). She would make us do laps with the paddle board thing and would use a long pole to push our necks to force us underwater until we nearly drowned.

Needless to say - I got my mum to call in sick for me most Fridays.

I hope she lived a sad lonely life cos I cant see how anyone would love or care for her. I have never met a soul who liked her.

Written By: Bobby on 05/22/06 at 10:51 am

I loathe Maths. I have a more creative abstract mind and just simply couldn't get my head around it.

Written By: Morton on 05/22/06 at 10:57 am

I loathe Maths. I have a more creative abstract mind and just simply couldn't get my head around it.

Hear, hear.

I had the same problem. It was so mind-warpingly dull, I couldn't stand it

Funny story... in year 11 (GCSE), once my maths coursework mark had been added up and totalled, I was at a D and needed just 2 marks in the exam to get a C...

...I ended up getting a very low C  ;D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/22/06 at 10:59 am

History (sorry Cat & Carlos ;)).....do I really care what country invaded another on a certain date in the past?

Written By: karen on 05/22/06 at 11:08 am

History (sorry Cat & Carlos ;)).....do I really care what country invaded another on a certain date in the past?

Agreed.  It was a tie between this and Geography, with Religious Education in third.  I studied Sociology because we had to study at least one humanities.

Written By: Bobby on 05/22/06 at 11:09 am

Hear, hear.

I had the same problem. It was so mind-warpingly dull, I couldn't stand it

Funny story... in year 11 (GCSE), once my maths coursework mark had been added up and totalled, I was at a D and needed just 2 marks in the exam to get a C...

...I ended up getting a very low C  ;D

Ha ha!

I failed on my coursework and got an 'F' in Maths overall. I must have only got that because I spelt my name right.  ;D

Written By: chaka on 05/22/06 at 11:11 am

LATIN  :P :P :P

Written By: karen on 05/22/06 at 11:11 am

Maths and Sciences are easy if you pay attention to the rules.  Humanities where you have to give your opinions (and hence can get low marks if your opinions don't agree with the teachers) are the crappiest subjects imo

Written By: Morton on 05/22/06 at 11:16 am

Ha ha!

I failed on my coursework and got an 'F' in Maths overall. I must have only got that because I spelt my name right.  ;D

;D

Honestly, the exam was ridiculously hard. We were only second tier, doing the foundation paper... but it was so hard! The calculus of this, the equation of pythagoras's arse... I didn't have a clue  :P

Maths and Sciences are easy if you pay attention to the rules

I have the attention span of a gnat, and sitting in a classroom with a 3000 page booklet listening to someone waffle on for 50 minutes about surds and roots and things didn't make it any easier to concentrate. What usually happened is I sat and doodled in the back of the textbook or me and the lad sitting next to me played naughts and crosses or hangman  ;D
When it came to the teacher asking us questions, we used to whisper the answers to each other... hey, it got me a C  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/22/06 at 1:03 pm

Math was my worst subject...no matter how hard I tried to figure out the problem...I never got the correct answers. :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 05/22/06 at 1:09 pm

;D

Honestly, the exam was ridiculously hard. We were only second tier, doing the foundation paper... but it was so hard! The calculus of this, the equation of pythagoras's arse... I didn't have a clue  :P

I did the intermediate paper . . . I think that's where I went wrong. Pythagoras has a lot of explaining to do. He gives the maths teachers something else for us to be bored with while it doesn't matter a dot in the real world . . .

"Oh, I wonder if I need the formula a2+b2=c2 to work out how to clean windows for a living . . ?"

Written By: nally on 05/22/06 at 2:31 pm

Least favorite subject? I think mine was chemistry. I didn't understand most of what was presented in the class. :-\\

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/22/06 at 2:36 pm

I did the intermediate paper . . . I think that's where I went wrong. Pythagoras has a lot of explaining to do. He gives the maths teachers something else for us to be bored with while it doesn't matter a dot in the real world . . .

"Oh, I wonder if I need the formula a2+b2=c2 to work out how to clean windows for a living . . ?"
No, but quite a few construction workers use it to figure out if something is "square" or not ;)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/22/06 at 2:38 pm

Agreed.  It was a tie between this and Geography, with Religious Education in third.  I studied Sociology because we had to study at least one humanities.
My school was so small, we didn't have geography or any humanities classes....just your basic English, Science, Math, History, Home Ec, Art, basic building trades, PE, basic Economics & French or Spanish.....nothing too fancy ::)

Written By: KKay on 05/22/06 at 2:57 pm

all and any math and algebra.
any Gym class...in high school i took replacement classes, such as EMT training, family planning, camp counseling et al.
typing..can you tell?

Written By: La Roche on 05/22/06 at 3:08 pm

Ha ha!

I failed on my coursework and got an 'F' in Maths overall. I must have only got that because I spelt my name right.  ;D

Your name must have been harder to spell than mine because I got a U. Grade below F.  ;D

Maths was my least favourite subject. I messed around because I didn't understand it and hence never learnt any.

The thing is, I have a great head for figures, basic math I can do in my head in an instant, throw in Algebra and that's it, you've lost me.

I passed College Algebra by the skin of my teeth but it was my finest moment.
I got my grades, A, A, A, A, C. The C was the biggest triumph.  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/22/06 at 3:18 pm

Same here. 

Math was a subject that I always struggled with.  :P

Written By: KKay on 05/22/06 at 3:43 pm

I failed Creative Writing in college..i had to take the beginner class in order to continue- and I did it twice. I hated it.
I don't know why i had to take remedial writing.  It was just stories and junk...i had never ever in hgigh school or college had a class on writing a paper or dooing research.  I don't konw how anyone knew what they were doing.

Written By: Howard on 05/22/06 at 3:46 pm

Global History

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/22/06 at 6:12 pm

Math.  I was in Remedial Math in High school.  My abilities are... unbalanced to say the least.  I won a National English Merit award my senior year, but I was in retard Math.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/22/06 at 6:38 pm

[quote author=

Check for new replies or respond here...