inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you remember your first 'Boy-Girl' party?

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/22/06 at 2:58 pm

Not just a regular boy-girl party but the ones where you played games like "Spin-the-Bottle' and 'Seven minutes in Heaven"?

I remember my first party like that and it was miserable for me!!  LOL!!  My neighbor had a b-day and he invited the popular girls and boys and he also invited me (I know it was because we had grown up together and his mom made him.  LOL!!).

It was like a make-out fest!! 

My other neighbor, who was also popular must have felt sorry for me because I felt so out of place that he didn't participate in any of the games but instead he sat with me and we held hands.  At the end of the party he gave me the sweetest kiss.

So I guess it wasn't so bad afterall.

Hey Ricky McDougal, if you're reading this...THANKS!!   :)

Subject: Re: Do you remember your first 'Boy-Girl' party?

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/22/06 at 6:11 pm

I don't remember.

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/22/06 at 7:06 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Apricot on 05/22/06 at 7:09 pm

I've never had a make-out party... the idea doesn't much appeal to me, either.

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/22/06 at 7:11 pm

I've never had a make-out party... the idea doesn't much appeal to me, either.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Not my thing either.  I know that it was a big deal where I grew up.

Written By: Apricot on 05/22/06 at 7:12 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Not my thing either.  I know that it was a big deal where I grew up.

There's an emphasis on stuff like this.. but it's mostly just sex with as many people as possible.. none of the people that are into it are very attractive, either... it's nasty, really, because they're so public with it, too.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/22/06 at 7:15 pm

Never had one.

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/22/06 at 7:33 pm

OK

I meant I've never been to one.

Or a party in general.

Written By: Apricot on 05/22/06 at 7:37 pm

[quote author=

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/22/06 at 7:38 pm

I went to this one girl's birthday party I think back in 6th grade I believe and most of the class was there, thankfully it wasn't too crazy and there wasn't really any making out going on.

Written By: CeeKay on 05/22/06 at 8:30 pm

When I was in fifth or sixth grade -- we're talkin' 1970 or '71 -- my friend Nancy was the first to have a boy-girl party, period.  We did play spin-the-bottle and seven-minutes-in-heaven and we played this chase-and-kiss game outside.  But it was all very innocent.  Like in 7-minutes, you'd have to go in the closet with somebody, probably for only one minute, and you wouldn't do anything while you were in there but giggle and wonder when they'd let you out.  Innocent fun.  What a concept.  :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/22/06 at 8:45 pm

*points and laughs* Ha ha!

;D Just kidding, though.. I take it they're not your tempo?

I've just never had the oppurtunity.

Written By: Apricot on 05/22/06 at 8:58 pm

[quote author=

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/22/06 at 9:15 pm

When I was in fifth or sixth grade -- we're talkin' 1970 or '71 -- my friend Nancy was the first to have a boy-girl party, period.  We did play spin-the-bottle and seven-minutes-in-heaven and we played this chase-and-kiss game outside.  But it was all very innocent.  Like in 7-minutes, you'd have to go in the closet with somebody, probably for only one minute, and you wouldn't do anything while you were in there but giggle and wonder when they'd let you out.  Innocent fun.  What a concept.  :)

We used to play a game called Run-Catch-Kiss-or-Kill?  My choice if I ever caught a boy was the 'kill' which usually meant a punch to the arm.  LOL!!

My problem was the day after the party, even as innocent as the games may have been I always worried what the boys would be saying. 

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/22/06 at 11:52 pm

Well, based on what I've seen of you, it doesn't much seem something you'd go for anyway.. you don't strike me as a big social situations guy.

Probably not.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/23/06 at 12:00 am

Never been to one.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/23/06 at 2:58 am

I lived a sheltered life, so I never really went to one.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/23/06 at 3:19 am

I sure do, It was probably around 1968 & I must have been 12. It was a dance in my garage. We played records and had a very cool time. Next year in 1969 I was 13 & played spin the bottle, me and 3 girls and one was 16. This exceeded my expectations and talk about hitting the jackpot, I had arrived in the promised land. That was when I was awarded the nickname of "hot-lips" due to the cinnamon toothpicks I was chewing on earlier. (I think I've told this story before) Does anyone know where to find cinnamon toothpicks ?  :-*  http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/badfingermike/hottoothpicks.jpg

Written By: KKay on 05/23/06 at 9:48 am

I know for sure it was in this place called Village Green.  A giant housing development, all white with black trim..cookie cutter, attached housing.  It must not have been that great cuz all I really recall is the community.  That stinks.
Although we played spin the bottle we may have been too young still to care and no one really played with any zeal..I think maybe someone opened some cookies and we all got distracted.

Check for new replies or respond here...