inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dummy-spits you've later regretted...

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 9:59 am

Have there been times when you've just lost your cool and lashed out? I don't really remember the last time I really did so, but a few days ago when I was at the local shopping centre, I'd forgotten where I parked my car (yes, it happens frequently to me, that's what happens when you don't take note of where you park and where the dozen or so parking areas look the same), it was cold and raining, and I was carrying some precious cargo. Let's just say I was just about to murder someone, lol.

Subject: Re: Dummy-spits you've later regretted...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/25/06 at 10:20 am

Well, I guess the one day at school when I punched a girl in the face for jumping off of the seesaw, when I was the one in the air.

I mean, it hurt and all, but I think I went too far. I was young, though..!

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/25/06 at 10:33 am

A few weeks ago I closed my daughter's fingers in the car door.  After I looked at her hand and put ice on the fingers we were in the car on the way to the ER (wanted to make sure they weren't broken), I yelled at her for putting her hand there.  I know it wasn't her fault and it was just my nerves making me lash out like that.  I felt horrible. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/25/06 at 6:04 pm

The many times I have been frustrated and have taken it out on Chris and Vaughn...usually after having a good cry, I can come back downstairs and apologize to both of them...and thankfully...they forgive me! ;)

Written By: Apricot on 05/25/06 at 6:40 pm

Well, I guess the one day at school when I punched a girl in the face for jumping off of the seesaw, when I was the one in the air.

I mean, it hurt and all, but I think I went too far. I was young, though..!

You.. you punched a girl in the face? That's awesome! I can't imagine it coming from you. ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/25/06 at 9:20 pm

You.. you punched a girl in the face? That's awesome! I can't imagine it coming from you. ;D

I'm picturing our young midget Beth right now... punching a midget girl in the face.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/25/06 at 9:29 pm

Back when I was living in Chicago, I'd take the Blue Line home from UIC every afternoon.  Well, the route I'd have to take to go home would go all the way to O'Hare, so you'd see a lot of people with suitcases and what not on the train.  I'd get up the stop BEFORE I'd have to get off so that anyone near the door could move/clear a path so I could get off.  One afternoon, this real yuppie couple was standing there and I asked them nicely to move their luggage so I could get off at the next stop and they didn't even listen to me.  So I asked again, a little more forcefully and they still didn't listen.  So finally I yelled "Move your sh*t or it's going on the platform!"......that got their attention.

The only thing I regret was being loud.

Written By: La Roche on 05/25/06 at 9:37 pm

Back when I was living in Chicago, I'd take the Blue Line home from UIC every afternoon.  Well, the route I'd have to take to go home would go all the way to O'Hare, so you'd see a lot of people with suitcases and what not on the train.  I'd get up the stop BEFORE I'd have to get off so that anyone near the door could move/clear a path so I could get off.  One afternoon, this real yuppie couple was standing there and I asked them nicely to move their luggage so I could get off at the next stop and they didn't even listen to me.  So I asked again, a little more forcefully and they still didn't listen.  So finally I yelled "Move your sh*t or it's going on the platform!"......that got their attention.

Dang, I wouldn't regret that at all. Nice work.

Except I would have just kicked it out on the platform without a word.

There have been many I have regretted, I think the biggest however would be...

I was still living with my mom and dad, my old man came in fairly drunk one night and we got in to it. This wasn't uncommon but wasn't usually a big deal either. Anyway, this time he was yelling at me as I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth. Now, I had to get up at about 4am the next day so I really wasn't inclined to be getting in to a big fight with him. I went to just go past him but he pushed me back. Again I went to go past him, but this time he grabbed my arm and pulled it up behind my back, The old chicken wing. He was yelling and shouting and I tried to get him off. He Yanked my arm up further and my shoulder went *pop* in the joint so I hauled off and socked him in the jaw. Now he was pissed off and hit me in the back of the head so I pulled the towel rail off the wall and hit him around the face with it. The confrontation was over and I left the house.
Now, I still believe if it was just left as that It wouldn't have been a big deal.. but..
I had to come back in the morning and have it out with him again.
I was apoplectic, shouting, screaming at him. I left the next day  :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/25/06 at 10:04 pm

Yeah, I would have done that (and I had thought about it plenty of times), but I didn't want to have to replace anything of value just because they were being jerks. 

Written By: whistledog on 05/25/06 at 10:38 pm

Yeah, I would have done that (and I had thought about it plenty of times), but I didn't want to have to replace anything of value just because they were being jerks. 

yeah, but if you "accidentally" tripped over it, and it fell out onto the platform, you can't get blamed for that.  You could stumble, fake an injury, and sue the moron for all he's worth ;D

Written By: La Roche on 05/25/06 at 10:53 pm

That's when running away and giggling comes in to play.  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/25/06 at 11:19 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 4:01 am

I wish I had your courage, SM. I probably wouldn't do anything if I was in a queue and someone pushed in front of me (well I have changed a bit, but I'd still probably tap them on the shoulder and ask them timidly to please move!  :D).

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 4:02 am

There have been many I have regretted, I think the biggest however would be...

I was still living with my mom and dad, my old man came in fairly drunk one night and we got in to it. This wasn't uncommon but wasn't usually a big deal either. Anyway, this time he was yelling at me as I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth. Now, I had to get up at about 4am the next day so I really wasn't inclined to be getting in to a big fight with him. I went to just go past him but he pushed me back. Again I went to go past him, but this time he grabbed my arm and pulled it up behind my back, The old chicken wing. He was yelling and shouting and I tried to get him off. He Yanked my arm up further and my shoulder went *pop* in the joint so I hauled off and socked him in the jaw. Now he was pissed off and hit me in the back of the head so I pulled the towel rail off the wall and hit him around the face with it. The confrontation was over and I left the house.
Now, I still believe if it was just left as that It wouldn't have been a big deal.. but..
I had to come back in the morning and have it out with him again.
I was apoplectic, shouting, screaming at him. I left the next day  :P

What a beast of a man...you shouldn't have let him get away with it.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 9:42 pm

bump

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/26/06 at 9:47 pm

I wish I had your courage, SM. I probably wouldn't do anything if I was in a queue and someone pushed in front of me (well I have changed a bit, but I'd still probably tap them on the shoulder and ask them timidly to please move!  :D).

On the CTA, you have to do those things.  Otherwise, you'll never get off the train.  Down here in Atlanta, they are way too friggin' polite.  I was coming home from class and of course the route I had to take went right to Hartsfield, so again I got up the stop before I had to get off so people near the door would know to move their baggage so I'd have a path to get off the train.  And of course these jackasses near the door wouldn't move their sh*t, so I just picked them up and moved it for them.  The woman looked at me AGHAST and said "we don't act that way in the South".  I just rolled my eyes and said I was from Chicago and up there we DO do those things. 

It's just a matter of being polite.  If you see me coming to the door, I'm not going over there for my health. 

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 9:53 pm

On the CTA, you have to do those things.  Otherwise, you'll never get off the train.  Down here in Atlanta, they are way too friggin' polite.  I was coming home from class and of course the route I had to take went right to Hartsfield, so again I got up the stop before I had to get off so people near the door would know to move their baggage so I'd have a path to get off the train.  And of course these jackasses near the door wouldn't move their sh*t, so I just picked them up and moved it for them.  The woman looked at me AGHAST and said "we don't act that way in the South".  I just rolled my eyes and said I was from Chicago and up there we DO do those things. 

It's just a matter of being polite.  If you see me coming to the door, I'm not going over there for my health. 

Precisely. I suppose if someone was being really rude to me in a situation like that I wouldn't take it and stand up for myself. Yeah, I've heard Chicagoans are well-known for their non-nonsense atittude  ;)

Written By: Marian on 05/27/06 at 2:33 pm

A few weeks ago I closed my daughter's fingers in the car door.  After I looked at her hand and put ice on the fingers we were in the car on the way to the ER (wanted to make sure they weren't broken), I yelled at her for putting her hand there.  I know it wasn't her fault and it was just my nerves making me lash out like that.  I felt horrible. 
I agree yelling at her was a little harsh,but think of how many kids dart in front of cars and have a close call.I mean,I can understand WHY you yelled at her.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/28/06 at 8:36 pm

bump

Check for new replies or respond here...