inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mr Mister and 70/80's Guy

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/25/06 at 4:10 pm

I've just looked at my personal messages and ones from Al in particular, and realised he's deleted Mr Misters account and now apppears as 70/80's Guy or 'guest' - Al my friend I'm gutted you really went.  Hope you come back when you've sorted your stuff out.
Jules xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Re: Mr Mister and 70/80's Fan

Written By: Tia on 05/25/06 at 4:20 pm

that's a drag. what happened? :(

Subject: Re: Mr Mister and 70/80's Guy

Written By: Bobby on 05/25/06 at 4:48 pm

I've just looked at my personal messages and ones from Al in particular, and realised he's deleted Mr Misters account and now apppears as 70/80's Guy or 'guest' - Al my friend I'm gutted you really went.  Hope you come back when you've sorted your stuff out.
Jules xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear he has left (?)

I'm presuming you have an idea why he left, Jules?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/25/06 at 5:12 pm

Sorry to hear he has left (?)

I'm presuming you have an idea why he left, Jules?

Well whether he returns under a new pseudonym I dunno - but he's deleted his account for certain.
The last time he was having one of his zany laughs with some posters on here by pretending he was slowing losing consciousness, then he didn't post for days and it freaked me out a bit, so I pm'd him about 6 times and included my email address saying if he didn't want to return to the boards at least mail me to say everythings ok, but came back  :)  :)

Can't really discuss here what's going on in his life.

Al if you ever read this I'd love to hear from you anytime, really I would.

Written By: Bobby on 05/25/06 at 5:14 pm

Well whether he returns under a new pseudonym I dunno - but he's deleted his account for certain.
The last time he was having one of his zany laughs with some posters on here by pretending he was slowing losing consciousness, then he didn't post for days and it freaked me out a bit, so I pm'd him about 6 times and included my email address saying if he didn't want to return to the boards at least mail me to say everythings ok, but came back  :)  :)

Can't really discuss here what's going on in his life.

Al I'd love to hear from you anytime, really I would.

I hope he comes back feeling better.  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/25/06 at 5:35 pm

COME BACK AL!!!

Written By: KKay on 05/25/06 at 5:53 pm

Jules xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I KNEW that was him!!!!!
it was strangely worded. i was going to mention it.....

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/25/06 at 8:19 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/26/06 at 2:56 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif

Yeah  :(

Written By: Miss PIXIE on 05/28/06 at 4:40 pm

Huh?  what's all this about then, has this poster left?  :( :(  he was SOOOO funny and very witty aswell 

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/29/06 at 5:51 pm

Just to resurrect this post and keep it near the front    ;D ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/30/06 at 2:38 pm

Come back soon Alan

Written By: Apricot on 05/30/06 at 4:33 pm

This is the 4th freaking time.

Written By: Howard on 05/30/06 at 4:34 pm

I don't think he'll come back.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/30/06 at 4:51 pm

Hope you return Al    ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/30/06 at 4:53 pm

Hope you return Al    ;D ;D

Why'd he leave in the first place?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/08 at 4:50 pm

Is this the same Mr Mister?

Written By: karen on 02/04/08 at 5:43 pm

Yes,  The question now is what has happened to Baboushka?

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/04/08 at 8:54 pm

I'm surprised you've resurrected THIS thread, Philip. Been digging down deep in the vaults ?  ???

Is this the same Mr Mister?

I thought THAT ^  was common knowledge ? Yes, it is one and the same 'Mr. Mister'. Surely you remember the 'mock' postwhore feuds, the 'postwhore gymnasium' etc; etc;

I know Mike does !  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 2:11 am

Yes,  The question now is what has happened to Baboushka?
She found new employment and the left the boards.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 2:18 am

She found new employment and the left the boards.

She is still listed as a member though ....

Last active June 07, 2007

However, nothing to have stopped her peeking in as a 'non member' .... or an alias .....  :-X

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 2:19 am

She is still listed as a member though ....

Last active June 07, 2007

However, nothing to have stopped her peeking in as a 'non member' .... or an alias .....   :-X
Still listed in case she came back?

...and guests looking in, you may never know.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 2:22 am

This thread must have been deep in the vaults. Surprised you dredged it up .....

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 2:23 am

This thread must have been deep in the vaults. Surprised you dredged it up .....
I had a busy day yesterday.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 2:26 am

I'm surprised you've resurrected THIS thread, Philip. Been digging down deep in the vaults ?  ???

I thought THAT ^  was common knowledge ? Yes, it is one and the same 'Mr. Mister'. Surely you remember the 'mock' postwhore feuds, the 'postwhore gymnasium' etc; etc;

I know Mike does !  ;D
vaguely, I recall something about a gym, and whores and posts and counts and stats and a cold war, and then a peace pipe and it all seems so long ago, almost like a dream and now here we are all together like a band of brothers & sisters  :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 2:27 am

Have you ANY idea how old she may be ?

There used to be a fair bit of banter between us (not to mention a bit of 'nudge nudge' ) . I sometimes wondered how old she was. I suspect she's a fair bit younger than me ..... and would probably have been flabbergasted to learn the truth, which I no longer hide .......

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 2:29 am

vaguely, I recall something about a gym, and whores and posts and counts and stats and a cold war, and then a peace pipe and it all seems so long ago, almost like a dream and now here we are all together like a band of brothers & sisters  :)

Like sister and brother, we'll wave to each other, we don't want all the world to know, we are really lovers
so we'll talk about the weather 'til we're alone together,
and all the world will fade and die, and baby there is only you and I.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 2:30 am

Like sister and brother, we'll wave to each other, we don't want all the world to know, we are really lovers
so we'll talk about the weather 'til we're alone together,
and all the world will fade and die, and baby there is only you and I.
that's a good one and yet another song I don't know  :-[

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 2:31 am

By the drifters ^

Pretty sure it charted in the UK.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 2:32 am

By the drifters ^

Pretty sure it charted in the UK.
I'm still clueless on that last Cliff Richard song

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 2:33 am

1973 .... reached #7 there. ^

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 2:36 am

Philip ... can you believe Mike doesn't seem to know 'Living Doll' by Cliff baby ?

Given his awesome prominence in the UK charts .... it's amazing how he's relatively insignificant in the USA.

Oh yes, ...... 'The young Ones' ...... a comedy series /troupe, re-recorded it with him years later, to take it once again back to #1, I believe.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 2:39 am

Philip ... can you believe Mike doesn't seem to know 'Living Doll' by Cliff baby ?

Given his awesome prominence in the UK charts .... it's amazing how he's relatively insignificant in the USA.

Oh yes, ...... 'The young Ones' ...... a comedy series /troupe, re-recorded it with him years later, to take it once again back to #1, I believe.
it's a fact that I don't know it, but I wouldn't say he's insignificant in the USA just because of that. it just was not the type of music I listened to

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 2:41 am

Have you ANY idea how old she may be ?

There used to be a fair bit of banter between us (not to mention a bit of 'nudge nudge' ) . I sometimes wondered how old she was. I suspect she's a fair bit younger than me ..... and would probably have been flabbergasted to learn the truth, which I no longer hide .......
I had the feeling she was of the same generation of ourselves.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 2:42 am

I had the feeling she was of the same generation of ourselves.
Babooshka?  myself I would guess late 30's. how long has she been gone?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 2:45 am

I'm still clueless on that last Cliff Richard song
Cliff Richard "Living Doll"

Cliff Richard and The Young Ones - Living Doll

Written by Lionel Bart, best known for Oliver!

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 2:45 am

it's a fact that I don't know it, but I wouldn't say he's insignificant in the USA just because of that. it just was not the type of music I listened to

I'm sure you know him for 2 or 3 songs over there. Probably 'Devil Woman' .... maybe 'We don't talk anymore'. ?

Still he is RELATIVELY obscure, compared to the UK.

Wikipeida says:

Chart accomplishments

* Cliff Richard has scored fourteen #1 singles in the UK, more than any other artist other than Elvis Presley, the Beatles, and Westlife.
    * As a performer, Cliff Richard has scored the most top 10 hits on the UK singles charts (67), the most top 20 hits (94) and the most top 40 hits (118).
    * Based solely on data used to compile the Official UK Singles Charts, Cliff has sold more singles in the UK than any other act, with sales exceeding twenty million copies. Interestingly enough, he has scored only one million-selling single: "The Young Ones". This does not reflect his total sales as the data used to compile the charts in the early part of his career was only partial. Sales from his 1950s singles would be significantly understated in this figure.
    * Cliff has had top ten hits in each of the last six decades.
    * Cliff is the only act in the UK to score a #1 single in each of the first five decades since the inception of the UK Singles chart in 1952. His chart peak in the 2000s is #2. The following list shows the number of chart toppers Cliff has achieved in each decade.
          o 1950s - 2: "Living Doll", "Travelling Light"
          o 1960s - 7: "Please Don't Tease", "I Love You", "The Young Ones", "The Next Time / Bachelor Boy", "Summer Holiday", "The Minute You're Gone", "Congratulations"
          o 1970s - 1: "We Don't Talk Anymore"
          o 1980s - 2: "Living Doll", "Mistletoe and Wine"
          o 1990s - 2: "Saviour's Day", "The Millennium Prayer"

The acts with the most aggregate time spent on the British record charts: Current rankings (by weeks):

1. Elvis Presley (2,574)
  2. Cliff Richard (1,983)
  3. Queen (1,755)

Yes, theres your mate 'Freddy' in 3rd.

Must be galling for Cliff to play 2nd fiddle to Elvis though, who's been dead since 1977 !

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 2:47 am

I'm sure you know him for 2 or 3 songs over there. Probably 'Devil Woman' .... maybe 'We don't talk anymore'. ?

Wikipeida says:

Chart accomplishments

* Cliff Richard has scored fourteen #1 singles in the UK, more than any other artist other than Elvis Presley, the Beatles, and Westlife.
    * As a performer, Cliff Richard has scored the most top 10 hits on the UK singles charts (67), the most top 20 hits (94) and the most top 40 hits (118).
    * Based solely on data used to compile the Official UK Singles Charts, Cliff has sold more singles in the UK than any other act, with sales exceeding twenty million copies. Interestingly enough, he has scored only one million-selling single: "The Young Ones". This does not reflect his total sales as the data used to compile the charts in the early part of his career was only partial. Sales from his 1950s singles would be significantly understated in this figure.
    * Cliff is the only act in the UK to score a #1 single in each of the first five decades since the inception of the UK Singles chart in 1952. His chart peak in the 2000s is #2. The following list shows the number of chart toppers Cliff has achieved in each decade.
          o 1960s - 7: "Please Don't Tease", "I Love You", "The Young Ones", "The Next Time / Bachelor Boy", "Summer Holiday", "The Minute You're Gone", "Congratulations"

The acts with the most aggregate time spent on the British record charts: Current rankings (by weeks):

1. Elvis Presley (2,574)
   2. Cliff Richard (1,983)
   3. Queen (1,755)

Must be galling for Cliff to play 2nd fiddle to Elvis though, who's been dead since 1977 !
,,,and Clif Richard is performing today.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 2:48 am

Cliff Richard "Living Doll"

Cliff Richard and The Young Ones - Living Doll

Written by Lionel Bart, best known for Oliver!
tomorrow, I will check these out. thanks

Wikipeida says:

Chart accomplishments

1. Elvis Presley (2,574)
   2. Cliff Richard (1,983)
   3. Queen (1,755)

oh yeah, I know those tunes and also the ones he sang with Olivia Newton John in Xanadu

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 2:51 am

I wonder if he will make a #1 in Britain in the 00's ? Only 2 more years left to do it in (hard to believe that, isn't it ?).

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 2:52 am

I wonder if he will make a #1 in Britain in the 00's ? Only 2 more years left to do it in (hard to believe that, isn't it ?).
how old is he, 60?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 2:53 am

omg, he's gonna be 68  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 2:54 am

Cliff has to go for it!

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 2:55 am

omg, he's gonna be 68  :o

S-H-E-E-S-H !

I knew he was getting up there ...... but THAT old ?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 2:57 am

S-H-E-E-S-H !

I knew he was getting up there ...... but THAT old ?
he's older than Sir Paul  :o

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 3:00 am

he's older than Sir Paul  :o

Paul baby and Cliff baby (I'm not one for those fancy 'Sir' titles) ....

They were both pretty much described as Peter Pans of pop, through the mid / late 80s for their resilience to ageing.

More recent pics have revealed that time catches up with EVERYBODY ..... although Paul, with the help of hair dye,and who knows what else, still mangages to NOT look his age ....

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 3:02 am

Wikipeida says:

Chart accomplishments

1. Elvis Presley (2,574)
   2. Cliff Richard (1,983)
   3. Queen (1,755)

Another fact on Cliff Richard which is rarely reported.

He was on three successive Christmas Number #1 Singles in the UK:

1988 - Mistletoe And Wine
1989 - Do They Know It's Christmas? (Band Aid II) He was one of the singers
1990 - Saviour's Day

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 3:04 am

That 'Band Aid II' effort was pretty ordinary compared to the earlier version !

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 3:05 am

That 'Band Aid II' effort was pretty ordinary compared to the earlier version !
The Band Aid 20 in 2004 was even worse.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 3:06 am

The Band Aid 20 in 2004 was even worse.

Not sure I've heard that one .... but I'll take your word .... and NOT  seek it out.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 3:09 am

Paul baby and Cliff baby (I'm not one for those fancy 'Sir' titles) ....

They were both pretty much described as Peter Pans of pop, through the mid / late 80s for their resilience to ageing.

More recent pics have revealed that time catches up with EVERYBODY ..... although Paul, with the help of hair dye,and who knows what else, still mangages to NOT look his age ....
I'm not a big fan of the Sir title either. me and an older co-worker use it on each other when we tease one another in that's how the younger women at work address us & it's not a compliment  ;D    but being knighted must be pretty cool. I really don't like seeing the aging of these music legends

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 3:10 am

Not sure I've heard that one .... but I'll take your word .... and NOT  seek it out.
It is the one that featured Josh Stone crying.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 3:17 am

I'm not a big fan of the Sir title either. me and an older co-worker use it on each other when we tease one another in that's how the younger women at work address us & it's not a compliment  ;D    but being knighted must be pretty cool. I really don't like seeing the aging of these music legends

Even though the Queen is a good monarch / nice enough person, personally, I'm anti monarchy ..... and the whole institution. The idea of grovelling to people born to privelege, grates with me. That knighthood stuff ... it's another outdated institution ..... and it saddens me to see to see people I'd like to admire have anything to do with that B.S.

They should politely say, no thanks, 'Ma'm' ..... I reckon, I reckon !

Certainly, if I met them in person... it'd be ...Paul / Cliff (etc;) can I have your autograph ? .....

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 3:21 am

Even though the Queen is a good monarch / nice enough person, personally, I'm anti monarchy ..... and the whole institution. The idea of grovelling to people born to privelege, grates with me. That knighthood stuff ... it's another outdated institution ..... and it saddens me to see to see people I'd like to admire have anything to do with that B.S.

Certainly, if I met them in person... it'd be ...Paul / Cliff (etc;) can I have your autograph ? .....
well, as long as you're free and love your land and have inthe00s, you don;t need that other B.S. as for me, if I got to meet Paul, I'd want to have tea with him and talk about the old days and YES! autograph and pics

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 3:25 am

well, as long as you're free and love your land and have inthe00s, you don;t need that other B.S. as for me, if I got to meet Paul, I'd want to have tea with him and talk about the old days and YES! autograph and pics

I imagine discussion of Heather Mills would be 'off limits'  :-X  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 4:41 am

I imagine discussion of Heather Mills would be 'off limits'  :-X  ::)
Yes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 4:48 am

I have three stories to tell reagrding Paul and Cliff.

1) During the mid 80's, I saw Paul McCartney walking down Dean Street in London, and in those days I never acquired autographs, so I let him pass by.

2) While wating for a friend outside Broadcasting House, the home of BBC Radio. With my back to the Zebra Crossing outside it, I sensed people crossing the road, but never paid attention to them. It was not the group of four people were inside, I could see throught the window that one of them was Cliff Richard and was out of reach for an autograph.

3) Last year I was told by my friend (the same friend as above), that he saw Paul McCartney walking down St John's Wood High Street near to Lord's Cricket Ground. He did not make an attempt for an autograph.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 4:57 am

I have three stories to tell reagrding Paul and Cliff.

1) During the mid 80's, I saw Paul McCartney walking down Dean Street in London, and in those days I never acquired autographs, so I let him pass by.

2) While wating for a friend outside Broadcasting House, the home of BBC Radio. With my back to the Zebra Crossing outside it, I sensed people crossing the road, but never paid attention to them. It was not the group of four people were inside, I could see throught the window that one of them was Cliff Richard and was out of reach for an autograph.

3) Last year I was told by my friend (the same friend as above), that he saw Paul McCartney walking down St John's Wood High Street near to Lord's Cricket Ground. He did not make an attempt for an autograph.

Interesting.

Do you have much of an autograph collection ?

In that 3rd story .... I suspect Paul might've dropped by Abbey Road, to reminisce ?

I would n't mind those guys autographs ...... on a blank cheque !  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 5:01 am

Interesting.

Do you have much of an autograph collection ?

Over the years, I have built up a healthy autograph collection, but the majority are cricketers.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 5:02 am

Interesting.

In that 3rd story .... I suspect Paul might've dropped by Abbey Road, to reminisce ?

Not giving the precise location, Macca does have his London close by.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 5:05 am

Not giving the precise location, Macca does have his London close by.

You're saying that Paul lives somewhere in your neck of the woods ..... near N.H.G. ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 5:06 am

You're saying that Paul lives somewhere in your neck of the woods ..... near N.H.G. ?
He is close to Lord's Cricket Ground and close to the Abbey Road Studios. Not close to where I am.

Written By: Howard on 02/05/08 at 8:03 am

Is he the same guy?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 8:06 am

Is he the same guy?
Yes, one of the same person.

Written By: Howard on 02/05/08 at 8:31 am

Yes, one of the same person.

So why the name change?

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 8:38 am

So why the name change?

You talking to me Howard ? You talking to me ?

Thought all this had been gone through before .... but .....

I got onto this site through doing a request about an ultra obscure song. Posted some lyrics. To this day, I've never found the song. A google search happened me onto this site. Henk tried to help. Later, he asked about a song ..... and I actually solved it for him !

He went on to tell me this was a great site, that I should look into it. At the time, Henk .... with his 'Faulty Dog' avatar ... well, I thought he was a hot looking lady !

Got onto the site, wasn't sure what to call myself. Knew I liked 70s and 80s music close to equally, so settled on that name.

As you know, in those days, we could change our user names at will. So, ultimately, I adopted 'Mr. Mister' .... since I had a bit of a thing going about 'Broken Wings' at the time !

That's about it ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 9:06 am

You talking to me Howard ? You talking to me ?

Thought all this had been gone through before .... but .....

I got onto this site through doing a request about an ultra obscure song. Posted some lyrics. To this day, I've never found the song. A google search happened me onto this site. Henk tried to help. Later, he asked about a song ..... and I actually solved it for him !

He went on to tell me this was a great site, that I should look into it. At the time, Henk .... with his 'Faulty Dog' avatar ... well, I thought he was a hot looking lady !

Got onto the site, wasn't sure what to call myself. Knew I liked 70s and 80s music close to equally, so settled on that name.

As you know, in those days, we could change our user names at will. So, ultimately, I adopted 'Mr. Mister' .... since I had a bit of a thing going about 'Broken Wings' at the time !

That's about it ?
What song were you looking for?

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 9:35 am

What song were you looking for?

Dagnabit ... you think I can be sure what it was now ?

Actually, I think there were TWO songs I was after. I'm positive they DID exist since I had the lyrics in my head .... and I don't just form lyrics myself.... else I'd be a song writer ! No, I had / have bits of the tunes still, and bits of the lyrics, but despite internet searches / e-mailing Tony Blackburn ..... who probably played them  (he never replied .... bastard !) ....

The songs WEREN'T hits, though probably got a bit of Radio One Airplay, in the early 70's.

The less obscure:

'If you can spare a crust of bread, give me a pillow for my head .....
wake me with the sun up in the morning .....
If you can help me you will find, I will be your friend forever,
The comfort that you gave me will go with me on my way

^
That was the main chorus line ... with a bit of a fanfare ... and it had a 'bubble-gum' sound about it. Sort of 'Vanity Fare' / Cufflinks .... some group around late 60's early 1970.

The other .. think I taped it once on a dodgy 'Scotch' cassette tape ..... which sounded great at the time ..... but quickly stretched .... I no longer have it. Song was perhaps recorded off of Radio Caroline /Luxembourg ?

'I'm so used to being with you, I just don't know ......how I'm gonna make it'
Now that you and I are through, I just don't know ..... whether I can take it'
I'm like a lamb, without a (?) .....
I'm lost, lost without your love
Without your arms, that used to hold me, I'm lost ...
Without your lips, that used to kiss me, I'm lost ....

^
That song was a female solo singer, ... a rather plaintive slow song ... quite haunting.

Anyhow ...... I've given up on them both. Way too obscure .... and the internet can't help.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 9:42 am

Dagnabit ... you think I can be sure what it was now ?

Actually, I think there were TWO songs I was after. I'm positive they DID exist since I had the lyrics in my head .... and I don't just form lyrics myself.... else I'd be a song writer ! No, I had / have bits of the tunes still, and bits of the lyrics, but despite internet searches / e-mailing Tony Blackburn ..... who probably played them  (he never replied .... bastard !) ....

The songs WEREN'T hits, though probably got a bit of Radio One Airplay, in the early 70's.

The less obscure:

'If you can spare a crust of bread, give me a pillow for my head .....
wake me with the sun up in the morning .....
If you can help me you will find, I will be your friend forever,
The comfort that you gave me will go with me on my way

^
That was the main chorus line ... with a bit of a fanfare ... and it had a 'bubble-gum' sound about it. Sort of 'Vanity Fare' / Cufflinks .... some group around late 60's early 1970.

The other .. think I taped it once on a dodgy 'Scotch' cassette tape ..... which sounded great at the time ..... but quickly stretched .... I no longer have it. Song was perhaps recorded off of Radio Caroline /Luxembourg ?

'I'm so used to being with you, I just don't know ......how I'm gonna make it'
Now that you and I are through, I just don't know ..... whether I can take it'
I'm like a lamb, without a (?) .....
I'm lost, lost without your love
Without your arms, that used to hold me, I'm lost ...
Without your lips, that used to kiss me, I'm lost ....

^
That song was a female solo singer, ... a rather plaintive slow song ... quite haunting.

Anyhow ...... I've given up on them both. Way too obscure .... and the internet can't help.
I was only trying to be polite and helpful, but I can see what I can do for you.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 9:52 am

I was only trying to be polite and helpful, but I can see what I can do for you.

Thank, and appreciated, but I'm quite confident you'll be wasting your time ... given that I did put in a fair bit myself ...

I actually produced those songs off my head (not some scrap of  paper) .... and the tunes are also  still there in my head,  to a degree .....

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 9:56 am

Thank, and appreciated, but I'm quite confident you'll be wasting your time ... given that I did put in a fair bit myself ...

I actually produced those songs off my head (not some scrap of  paper) .... and the tunes are also  still there in my head,  to a degree .....
Could the songs be album tracks more singles released and played on the radio stations at the time.

It was at the time I was listening to Radio One and Radio Caroline or Luxembourg. Lying on your bed bed late at night with a transistor to your ear. I do recall hearing an extended version of Chuck Berry's My Ding-A-Ling, and the pirate radio shows of Kenny Everett.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 10:07 am

Could the songs be album tracks more singles released and played on the radio stations at the time.

It was at the time I was listening to Radio One and Radio Caroline or Luxembourg. Lying on your bed bed late at night with a transistor to your ear. I do recall hearing an extended version of Chuck Berry's My Ding-A-Ling, and the pirate radio shows of Kenny Everett.

Possibly. That female .... sounded vaguely like Polly Brown of Pickettywitch .... but I'm reasonably sure it wasn't, since I do own a CD of her best hits, and maybe 10 other songs?  Yeah, that second one might be an album song ?

1st one seemed a fair bit more commercial.

BTW ... another one I've been wanting to track down is 'Surprise, surprise' by Butterscotch (of 'Don't you know' fame). Haven't been able to find it on limewire, ......  or 'I will Survive' by Arrival .... which DID chart back in 1970.

Elusive songs .....

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 10:13 am

Possibly. That female .... sounded vaguely like Polly Brown of Pickettywitch .... but I'm reasonably sure it wasn't, since I do own a CD of her best hits, and maybe 10 other songs?  Yeah, that second one might be an album song ?

1st one seemed a fair bit more commercial.

BTW ... another one I've been wanting to track down is 'Surprise, surprise' by Butterscotch (of 'Don't you know' fame). Haven't been able to find it on limewire, ......  or 'I will Survive' by Arrival .... which DID chart back in 1970.

Elusive songs .....
I think I over the years BBC Radio has played 'I will Survive' by Arrival, so there must be something available somewhere.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 10:22 am

Goodnight, and k for your efforts.

Btw... that quiz is waiting for your response . I put mine in some time back ...

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 10:24 am

Goodnight, and k for your efforts.

Btw... that quiz is waiting for your response . I put mine in some time back ...
Sleep well Al.

I PMed my response early this morning.

Check for new replies or respond here...