inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hooters

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/26/06 at 6:58 pm

One of my good friends is considering getting a summer job as a hostess at Hooters. Hooters!

Subject: Re: Hooters

Written By: Apricot on 05/26/06 at 7:00 pm

One of my good friends is considering getting a summer job as a hostess at Hooters. Hooters!

Aren't you, like, my age?

Do you have old friends, or did they lower the prostitution age again?

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/26/06 at 7:04 pm

Aren't you, like, my age?

Do you have old friends, or did they lower the prostitution age again?

She's 17, she's like a year and a half older than I am.

Written By: Apricot on 05/26/06 at 7:04 pm

She's 17, she's like a year and a half older than I am.

Damn.. and they're gonna let her?

Sh-t, now I KNOW they done lowered the prostitution age again.. I gotta get back to pimping, it's gonna be a golden age.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/26/06 at 7:06 pm

Holy crap, that's young. I don't understand it, though. She's just going to get 83278332 dirty old men hitting on her.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/26/06 at 7:08 pm

Damn.. and they're gonna let her?

Sh-t, now I KNOW they done lowered the prostitution age again.. I gotta get back to pimping, it's gonna be a golden age.

Yessir...

She's going to be in college next year. I think it's between the boob restaurant and the bakery for a summer job. But I can walk to the Italian bakery and not to the Hooters by the mall. She would be a "hostess" and not a waitress. Meaning she wears the garb and directs men to their seats.

Written By: Apricot on 05/26/06 at 7:09 pm

She's going to be in college next year. I think it's between the boob restaurant and the bakery for a summer job. But I can walk to the Italian bakery and not to the Hooters by the mall. She would be a "hostess" and not a waitress. Meaning she wears the garb and directs men to their seats.

Hmm.. well, if she's willing to turn herself into an object for money, by all means, go for it! Everyone's dignity has a price, I guess her's is just out there more then everyone else's.

I'd have gone with bakery myself.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/26/06 at 7:11 pm

Hmm.. well, if she's willing to turn herself into an object for money, by all means, go for it! Everyone's dignity has a price, I guess her's is just out there more then everyone else's.

I'd have gone with bakery myself.

I think Hooters is the second choice, since she got rejected from J. Crew.

Written By: La Roche on 05/26/06 at 11:52 pm

Errrm, have none of you seen the tips I leave there people leave there.

Get some tits in my face and you're getting 30% of that bill.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/27/06 at 6:45 am

Hooters recently shut down their airline, Hooters Air.

http://www.hootersair.com/images/header.jpg

Written By: Howard on 05/27/06 at 7:20 am

http://www.txtycoons.com/images/hooters/Hooters%20Logos%203LADIES.jpg

Now those are Hooters O0

Written By: Howard on 05/27/06 at 7:22 am

Errrm, have none of you seen the tips I leave there people leave there.

Get some tits in my face and you're getting 30% of that bill.

Get something else in my face and I'll take her home with me!  ;)

Written By: La Roche on 05/27/06 at 1:21 pm

Get something else in my face and I'll take her home with me!  ;)

RIGHT ON HOWARD!  :)

They work there, usually.. because they have nice tits and asses and can make decent money waiting tables.
It's not a big deal.
If they went topless they'd get even more.

Written By: Tia on 05/27/06 at 1:26 pm

working at hooters is i guess kinda racy but technically just like waitressing anywhere else. the only reason i'd think you'd have to be a certain age to work there is cuz they serve alcohol.

Written By: La Roche on 05/27/06 at 1:29 pm

working at hooters is i guess kinda racy but technically just like waitressing anywhere else. the only reason i'd think you'd have to be a certain age to work there is cuz they serve alcohol.

Some states have different laws on that I think.

In Missouri you have to be 18 to serve alcohol, but I think in some states it's 21.

Written By: Jessica on 05/27/06 at 4:08 pm

Anyone that has actually been to the restaurant knows that it's not just dirty old men that go there. I've been there three different times (once with my son), and there were families, women out celebrating, college students, etc. It's not as vulgar as everyone makes it out to be. Sure, the waitresses dress in skimpy clothing, but you couldn't meet a nicer bunch of people. They are always polite, always make sure that everything is good, they graciously stop and take pictures with customers, sign shirts, and so on. I would say this is because they want bigger tips, but the outfits do cover that. So I think it's just in their nature. Shoot, they even apologized up and down when we took our son there for his birthday and there was no room (Super Bowl Sunday).

And no, they don't look like the models in advertising. They are just normal girls who happen to be wearing skimpy outfits, but it's not like you don't see worse at the beach during the summer.

But they are a great group of girls. And they adored the heck out of Jason. Hell, I had to go looking for him because our waitress went to show him off to all the other waitresses in there. ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/27/06 at 4:39 pm

Anyone that has actually been to the restaurant knows that it's not just dirty old men that go there. I've been there three different times (once with my son), and there were families, women out celebrating, college students, etc. It's not as vulgar as everyone makes it out to be. Sure, the waitresses dress in skimpy clothing, but you couldn't meet a nicer bunch of people. They are always polite, always make sure that everything is good, they graciously stop and take pictures with customers, sign shirts, and so on. I would say this is because they want bigger tips, but the outfits do cover that. So I think it's just in their nature. Shoot, they even apologized up and down when we took our son there for his birthday and there was no room (Super Bowl Sunday).

And no, they don't look like the models in advertising. They are just normal girls who happen to be wearing skimpy outfits, but it's not like you don't see worse at the beach during the summer.

But they are a great group of girls. And they adored the heck out of Jason. Hell, I had to go looking for him because our waitress went to show him off to all the other waitresses in there. ;D

Hmmm... Do you think you will take Jason to Hooter's when he is 12?  ???

;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/27/06 at 5:56 pm

Yeah, he'll enjoy it too!  :D

Written By: Apricot on 05/27/06 at 7:48 pm

Anyone that has actually been to the restaurant knows that it's not just dirty old men that go there.

We were in Florida on holiday once, and we needed somewhere to eat.. my mom suggested it. ;D My dad called her a homo. And then we went. I found out my uncle adopts a British accent when he's around women he finds attractive. ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/27/06 at 8:31 pm

RIGHT ON HOWARD!  :)

They work there, usually.. because they have nice tits and asses and can make decent money waiting tables.
It's not a big deal.
If they went topless they'd get even more.

They should wave their chia pet in my face if you know what I mean. ;)

Written By: whistledog on 05/27/06 at 8:35 pm

Things could get quite hairy? ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/27/06 at 8:38 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Tia on 05/27/06 at 9:14 pm

when i went on a business trip to alabama once the project manager wanted to have ALL his lunches at hooters. he was an old, single guy, lonely, and he tipped ABSURDLY, like 40 percent of the check. he had a couple of hooters girls he favored; they were actually quite nice but outside of that i don't find myself in hooters restaurants very often.

Written By: Howard on 05/28/06 at 7:17 am

I'd like to see a Hooters Arcade.  ;D

Written By: jackas on 05/28/06 at 7:34 am

I don't think there is anything wrong with working at Hooter's!  I would never work there, but then I would never be a waitress anywhere.  I go to Hooter's all the time.  I go with my husband and my two girls.  I don't think going to Hooter's is going to twist anyone's mind any more than our tv shows, music videos, or internet.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/28/06 at 7:57 am

I don't think there is anything wrong with working at Hooter's!  I would never work there, but then I would never be a waitress anywhere.  I go to Hooter's all the time.  I go with my husband and my two girls.  I don't think going to Hooter's is going to twist anyone's mind any more than our tv shows, music videos, or internet.

What would you say if one day your daughters came home and told you they were going to work at
Hooters?  What would their dad say? ( I have found that guys have different reactions to employment of
this nature when their daughters are involved)

Written By: jackas on 05/28/06 at 8:34 am

What would you say if one day your daughters came home and told you they were going to work at
Hooters?  What would their dad say? ( I have found that guys have different reactions to employment of
this nature when their daughters are involved)

This is actually something I am open minded about. ;D  If that's what she wanted it would be okay with me.  I think their father would be okay with it too, besides he's from Europe, they seem to be more lenient on the topic.

Written By: Apricot on 05/28/06 at 10:18 am

.... That's disgusting! :D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/28/06 at 11:14 am

I'm a former Hooters girl!!! I was a college freshman when I started working there (17 and a half years old).

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/28/06 at 11:16 am

Neither do I.  They have great onion rings.  If my sister wanted to work there......I doubt my parents would care.  She can take care of herself and they've been there before so they know what kind of establishment it is.  It's not like she's working at a strip club. 

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/28/06 at 11:24 am

Neither do I.  They have great onion rings.  If my sister wanted to work there......I doubt my parents would care.  She can take care of herself and they've been there before so they know what kind of establishment it is.  It's not like she's working at a strip club. 

Thank you!!!

It's just a restaurant where the girls are wearing short shorts. Hell, you can see that anywhere w/o having to go to Hooters.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/28/06 at 11:32 am

Thank you!!!

It's just a restaurant where the girls are wearing short shorts. Hell, you can see that anywhere w/o having to go to Hooters.

I see worse at the mall than I do at Hooters.  I saw this chick at the mall in a skirt so short that if she bent over, you'd see her hairstyle......and I'm not talking about her head.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/28/06 at 11:43 am

I see worse at the mall than I do at Hooters.  I saw this chick at the mall in a skirt so short that if she bent over, you'd see her hairstyle......and I'm not talking about her head.

hahahah

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/28/06 at 2:52 pm

One thing I don't get is why they don't have a Hooters for straight women and gay men. The guys would wear extra-small bikini bathing suits and no shirts and be really hot and serve you ribs.

Written By: Apricot on 05/28/06 at 3:13 pm

Hell, you can see that anywhere w/o having to go to Hooters.

BUT YOU CAN'T GET ONION RINGS!! :D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/28/06 at 3:14 pm

BUT YOU CAN'T GET ONION RINGS!! :D

Yeah, you can go to Burger King!  :D

Written By: Howard on 05/29/06 at 7:00 am

.... That's disgusting! :D

No It's not. ;)

Written By: jackas on 05/30/06 at 7:11 am

One thing I don't get is why they don't have a Hooters for straight women and gay men. The guys would wear extra-small bikini bathing suits and no shirts and be really hot and serve you ribs.

LOL  I've talked about this before.  I always say that it would be called Cock's with a rooster logo. :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/30/06 at 7:13 am

LOL  I've talked about this before.  I always say that it would be called Cock's with a rooster logo. :D

wait, I vaguely remember watching a movie or something, and it was a male version of Hooters, but it was called, "Bananas"...and the guys wore very small yellow bikini briefs. ???

Written By: Howard on 05/30/06 at 7:21 am

What if there was a Male version of Hooters? ;D

Written By: jackas on 05/30/06 at 7:45 am

wait, I vaguely remember watching a movie or something, and it was a male version of Hooters, but it was called, "Bananas"...and the guys wore very small yellow bikini briefs. ???

Too funny! ;D

Written By: Southern Image on 05/30/06 at 11:33 am

I wanted to go to one, but all my guy friends said it SUCKED. I wanted to try their hot wings.

Other then that, I see nothing wrong with working there. The girls just wear tank tops and shorts. Its NOT like they don't wear that anywhere else :D

Written By: Howard on 05/30/06 at 5:38 pm

Do they dress the way they do in Hooters because they want you to see their breasts? ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 05/30/06 at 5:39 pm

http://www.txtycoons.com/images/hooters/Hooters%20Logos%203LADIES.jpg

Now those are Hooters O0

O0 O0 O0

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/30/06 at 6:29 pm

I'm a straight woman and I'd much rather see Hooters girls, I find nothing appealing about seeing a guy in a bikini, especially when I'm sitting down at a table and his "memeber" is just about at my eye level!!  LOL!!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/30/06 at 6:34 pm

I'm a straight woman and I'd much rather see Hooters girls, I find nothing appealing about seeing a guy in a bikini, especially when I'm sitting down at a table and his "memeber" is just about at my eye level!!  LOL!!

If you're sitting at a table and the guy's d*ck is right in your face, either you're really short or he's really tall (if it's barstools).

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/30/06 at 6:37 pm

If you're sitting at a table and the guy's d*ck is right in your face, either you're really short or he's really tall (if it's barstools).

Well, it would be too close for comfort.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/30/06 at 6:42 pm

Well, it would be too close for comfort.

More like damn sexy.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/30/06 at 6:45 pm

More like damn sexy.

guys are always much sexier in a nice pair of jeans and a tight white t-shirt,  I don't know why, it just is.  ::)

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/30/06 at 7:05 pm

guys are always much sexier in a nice pair of jeans and a tight white t-shirt,  I don't know why, it just is.  ::)

Personally, I'd like my man in a set of black briefs and a black undershirt. And him to be serving me cheese and fruit.

Written By: jackas on 05/30/06 at 7:06 pm

LOL  Exactly!

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/30/06 at 8:27 pm

Personally, I'd like my man in a set of black briefs and a black undershirt. And him to be serving me cheese and fruit.

Don't forget the whipped creme.  :)

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/30/06 at 8:56 pm

Don't forget the whipped creme.   :)

Hmm...more like love butter.

Written By: Tia on 05/30/06 at 10:32 pm

i believe this just became the next strange fetish thread.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/30/06 at 11:13 pm

Is it just some of them or do all of them require the girls to wear pantyhose under the shorts?  I've only been to 2, but all of the girls were wearing them ???

Funny Hooters story:

My best friend and her ex used to take their kids there to eat.  One time, her oldest was about 3 and the waitress leaned down to pinch his cheek (I didn't think people actually did this, but he DID have "pinchable" cheeks).  Apparently he didn't like it because he pinched her back......RIGHT on the BOOB!!!  My best friend almost died of embarrassment ;D ;D :D

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/30/06 at 11:22 pm

Sounds pretty nice...for the bedroom, not for when I'm trying to decide between the fajitas or the coconut shrimp! LOL!!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/30/06 at 11:55 pm

i believe this just became the next strange fetish thread.
exasperated Tia's expression says it all. way off topic!!!! get back to Hooters, T&A dammit. I did not venture into a Hooters thread to read about cocks and members and (did James actually say love butter??)  shudders and shakes head.  Hooters is not just about T&A, It's kinda like Girls Gone Wild, without the wild and they got good hot wings.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/31/06 at 6:55 am

exasperated Tia's expression says it all. way off topic!!!! get back to Hooters, T&A dammit. I did not venture into a Hooters thread to read about cocks and members and (did James actually say love butter??)  shudders and shakes head.   Hooters is not just about T&A, It's kinda like Girls Gone Wild, without the wild and they got good hot wings.

Love butter just sounds dirty. I didn't quite read anything by it.

Written By: Howard on 05/31/06 at 5:37 pm

Are you allowed to spill water on their shirt if the service stinks? ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/31/06 at 5:40 pm

exasperated Tia's expression says it all. way off topic!!!! get back to Hooters, T&A dammit. I did not venture into a Hooters thread to read about cocks and members and (did James actually say love butter??)  shudders and shakes head.  Hooters is not just about T&A, It's kinda like Girls Gone Wild, without the wild and they got good hot wings.

Their onion rings rock.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/31/06 at 6:02 pm

Is it just some of them or do all of them require the girls to wear pantyhose under the shorts?  I've only been to 2, but all of the girls were wearing them ???

Funny Hooters story:

My best friend and her ex used to take their kids there to eat.  One time, her oldest was about 3 and the waitress leaned down to pinch his cheek (I didn't think people actually did this, but he DID have "pinchable" cheeks).  Apparently he didn't like it because he pinched her back......RIGHT on the BOOB!!!  My best friend almost died of embarrassment ;D ;D :D

Stockings/hose are a required part of the Hooters uniform.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/31/06 at 8:22 pm

Love butter just sounds dirty. I didn't quite read anything by it.
it sure does sound dirty and i was just messin wit ya james.  terminology like that really does crack me up. 

Written By: Howard on 06/01/06 at 3:58 pm

Has anyone ever asked a Hooters girl out on a date?  ;)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/01/06 at 5:42 pm

Stockings/hose are a required part of the Hooters uniform.
Then someone needs to tell them that "suntan" only looks good on you if the REST of your body is also dark ::)

Written By: KKay on 06/01/06 at 6:45 pm

I should go get that job.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/01/06 at 6:57 pm

My friend got offered the job and turned it down for J. Crew, by the way.

Written By: KKay on 06/01/06 at 7:00 pm

Now i wanna work for J Crew.  clothes are very very important to me....

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/01/06 at 7:00 pm

Now i wanna work for J Crew.  clothes are very very important to me....

She's also working at the pastry bakery.

Written By: KKay on 06/01/06 at 7:01 pm

She's also working at the pastry bakery.

that's a lot of work!  pastry sounds fun.. but tell your friend to lay off or the J crew discount will be in vain

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/01/06 at 7:42 pm

From the Hooters web page:

Hourly Employment

Please apply in person at the location you are interested in working at for the following positions: Hooters Girl (females only need apply for position of Hooters Girl), Host/Hostess, Staff/Service Bar, or Kitchen employee.

You must be at least 17 years old for hourly employment opportunities with Hooters of America, Inc. and at least 18 or 21 for the Hooters Girl position depending on local alcohol service laws.

The Hooters Girl uniform consists of: White Hooters tank top, orange shorts, suntan hose, white socks, solid white shoes, brown Hooters pouch, name-tag and of course...a smile! The Hooters Girl uniform can not be changed or altered in any way. As well, the Hooters Girl uniform can not be sold to the public for any reason.

For Staff/Service Bartender/Host/Hostess position(s), the uniform consists of: khaki shorts, white Hooters logo shirt, white socks and solid white shoes, belt and nametag.

We are very excited to announce that hourly employees are eligible for a wide range of benefits, including: Health, dental, vision and tuition assistance.

There is no set requirement in order to be a nearly World Famous Hooters Girl! We look for the All-American Cheerleader / Surfer-Girl-Next-Door image to fill our restaurants. In other words...Very bubbly, outgoing personalities!

Also...

The element of female sex appeal is prevalent in the restaurants, and the company believes the Hooters Girl is as socially acceptable as a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader, Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, or a Radio City Rockette. The Hooters system employs over 25,000 people - over 15,000 of which are Hooters Girls. The "nearly world famous" Hooters Girls are the cornerstone of the Hooters concept, and as part of their job, these all-American cheerleaders make promotional and charitable appearances in their respective communities. Hooters hires women who best fit the image of a Hooters Girl to work in this capacity. The chain hires both males and females to work in management and host, staff, service bar, and kitchen positions. The Hooters Girl uniform consists of orange shorts and a white tank top, short-sleeve or long-sleeve T-shirt. Pantyhose and bras are required.

Written By: stealth-o-matic on 06/02/06 at 1:30 am

You know how it seems like everywhere there's a McDonald's, there's almost always a Burger King within a mile of it? I want to start up my own restaurant chain to rival Hooters. I'd call it "Poopers," and all the waitresses there would wear skintight pants with the butt cheeks cut out.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/02/06 at 1:52 am

You know how it seems like everywhere there's a McDonald's, there's almost always a Burger King within a mile of it? I want to start up my own restaurant chain to rival Hooters. I'd call it "Poopers," and all the waitresses there would wear skintight pants with the butt cheeks cut out.

Hahahaha. Sweet Mary, could it be? A newbie I actually LIKE? Wow.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/02/06 at 11:23 am

hahaaha...what a fancy idea! ;)  BTW, your avatar picture scares the crap outta me!!! :o

Written By: Howard on 06/02/06 at 3:29 pm

From the Hooters web page:

Hourly Employment

Please apply in person at the location you are interested in working at for the following positions: Hooters Girl (females only need apply for position of Hooters Girl), Host/Hostess, Staff/Service Bar, or Kitchen employee.

You must be at least 17 years old for hourly employment opportunities with Hooters of America, Inc. and at least 18 or 21 for the Hooters Girl position depending on local alcohol service laws.

The Hooters Girl uniform consists of: White Hooters tank top, orange shorts, suntan hose, white socks, solid white shoes, brown Hooters pouch, name-tag and of course...a smile! The Hooters Girl uniform can not be changed or altered in any way. As well, the Hooters Girl uniform can not be sold to the public for any reason.

For Staff/Service Bartender/Host/Hostess position(s), the uniform consists of: khaki shorts, white Hooters logo shirt, white socks and solid white shoes, belt and nametag.

We are very excited to announce that hourly employees are eligible for a wide range of benefits, including: Health, dental, vision and tuition assistance.

There is no set requirement in order to be a nearly World Famous Hooters Girl! We look for the All-American Cheerleader / Surfer-Girl-Next-Door image to fill our restaurants. In other words...Very bubbly, outgoing personalities!

Also...

The element of female sex appeal is prevalent in the restaurants, and the company believes the Hooters Girl is as socially acceptable as a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader, Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, or a Radio City Rockette. The Hooters system employs over 25,000 people - over 15,000 of which are Hooters Girls. The "nearly world famous" Hooters Girls are the cornerstone of the Hooters concept, and as part of their job, these all-American cheerleaders make promotional and charitable appearances in their respective communities. Hooters hires women who best fit the image of a Hooters Girl to work in this capacity. The chain hires both males and females to work in management and host, staff, service bar, and kitchen positions. The Hooters Girl uniform consists of orange shorts and a white tank top, short-sleeve or long-sleeve T-shirt. Pantyhose and bras are required.

I'd like to apply for part time at Hooters doing porter maintainence.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/02/06 at 5:19 pm

I'd like to apply for part time at Hooters doing porter maintainence.

You'd never get any work done if you worked at Hooters, Howard.  ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/04/06 at 10:01 pm

You'd never get any work done if you worked at Hooters, Howard.  ;D ;D

I'd be staring at breasts all day. ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/04/06 at 10:04 pm

Then someone needs to tell them that "suntan" only looks good on you if the REST of your body is also dark ::)

hahhaha definitely!!!

Has anyone ever asked a Hooters girl out on a date?  ;)

My hubby did!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/05/06 at 1:32 am

hahhaha definitely!!!

My hubby did!
he rocks and he scored.  Do you remember taking his order that night?  "Are you ready to order Sir, yes I'll have the Hooters 2 piece chicken special, and make them a couple of plump juicy breasts". I wish I would have met my wife at Hooters.  That would make for a good story.  8)

Written By: Howard on 06/05/06 at 5:04 pm

hahhaha definitely!!!

My hubby did!

And you weren't mad at him?

Check for new replies or respond here...