inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's Your Chinese Sign?

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/31/06 at 11:09 am

I'm a metal horse. A metal horse is full of organization and stability. I'm most compatible with those born in 1982 and 1986, in terms of years close to mine, which explains why I know so many people born in those years.

Subject: Re: What's Your Chinese Sign?

Written By: Southern Image on 05/31/06 at 11:41 am

Kung Pow Chicken

*ka Pow*

Seriously though, I am the Horse.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/31/06 at 12:35 pm

I am a dragon

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/06 at 12:37 pm

I'm a wasslely wabbit.

Cat

Written By: Gis on 05/31/06 at 12:44 pm

I'm a metal monkey, that's metal NOT mental  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/06 at 1:07 pm

I can never remember which Chinese Sign am I, can anyone produce a list of the years please?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/06 at 1:13 pm

I can never remember which Chinese Sign am I, can anyone produce a list of the years please?

Here's one.

http://www.chinatoday.com/culture/zodiac/zodiac.htm

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/31/06 at 1:14 pm

I guess I'm a horse, but most of what it says doesn't really apply to me... ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/06 at 1:17 pm

Here's one.

http://www.chinatoday.com/culture/zodiac/zodiac.htm

Cat
Thanks.

So I am a Rooster.

The Rooster is a hard worker; shrewd and definite in decision making often speaking his mind. Because of this, you tend to seem boastful to others. You are a dreamer, flashy dresser, and extravagant to an extreme. Born under this sign you should be happy as a restaurant owner, publicist, soldier or world traveler.

There is nothing flashy about my clothing, and restaurant owner, publicist, soldier or world traveler does not describe me on bit.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/31/06 at 1:26 pm

Dragon, Fire element and Yang influence.

Written By: Paul on 05/31/06 at 1:57 pm

I'm a goat...

...and an old goat at that! Har! Har!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/31/06 at 2:26 pm

I'm a Water Dog (born 1982) ... water influences our emotional stability as rivers run deep for water signs. They can easily be shaken and hurt. Dogs, on the other hand, can be defending, altruistic, noble and some say ... ergh.. stubborn..  ::)  ;D

Written By: Marian on 05/31/06 at 2:36 pm

I'm a wood snake

Written By: Ripp on 05/31/06 at 3:37 pm

The Rooster is a hard worker; shrewd and definite in decision making often speaking her mind. Because of this, you tend to seem boastful to others. You are a dreamer, flashy dresser, and extravagant to an extreme. Born under this sign you should be happy as a restaurant owner, publicist, soldier or world traveler.

I do like to dream, I don't know if I'm a flashy dresser, dunno what the next thing says. Don't wanna be a soldier, a word traveller sounds okay! A publicist? Pah. And a Restaurant Owner sounds okay, too, though. I'd rather be an actress, however.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/06 at 3:40 pm

The Rooster is a hard worker; shrewd and definite in decision making often speaking her mind. Because of this, you tend to seem boastful to others. You are a dreamer, flashy dresser, and extravagant to an extreme. Born under this sign you should be happy as a restaurant owner, publicist, soldier or world traveler.

I do like to dream, I don't know if I'm a flashy dresser, dunno what the next thing says. Don't wanna be a soldier, a word traveller sounds okay! A publicist? Pah. And a Restaurant Owner sounds okay, too, though. I'd rather be an actress, however.
As a rooster too, all I consider to be for the above is the hard worker, nothing else matches.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/31/06 at 3:40 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_(zodiac)

Stupid site, denies what I just read. It had the article on it before hand and now it doesn't. >:(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/31/06 at 3:43 pm

I was born in the Year of the Dog, whatever that means.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/06 at 3:47 pm

[quote author=R

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/31/06 at 4:04 pm

Snake or Horse, depending on how you interpret it.

Written By: Howard on 05/31/06 at 4:20 pm

Robin's a Goat and I'm a Tiger

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/31/06 at 4:22 pm

I'm a wasslely wabbit.

Cat

I am also a rabbit.  I was born in '88 which is a Dragon year but they overlap a bit, and my birthday is January 14 which is in the part of the year thats still Rabbit.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/31/06 at 4:23 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Paul on 05/31/06 at 4:25 pm

[quote author=R

Written By: Howard on 05/31/06 at 4:33 pm

[quote author=R

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/31/06 at 5:34 pm

[quote author=R

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/31/06 at 6:13 pm

Snake or Horse, depending on how you interpret it.

You're a snake. A dirty, dirty snake... ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/31/06 at 9:55 pm

I am a dragon

You were born in 1977, so that makes you a snake. I'm a dragon. I was born in 1976.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/31/06 at 9:56 pm

were you born in 1976 too? If not, sorry, you are a snake.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/31/06 at 10:49 pm

I'm a Fire Dragon.

Written By: jackas on 06/01/06 at 6:49 am

I am the OX and aside from the born leader BS the rest is very true.

The Ox of Chinese Astrology is no bull in a china shop. Steadfast and solid, this powerful Sign is a born leader, being quite dependable and possessing an innate ability to achieve great things. Oxen tend to be plodding and methodical; they approach projects in the step-by-step manner that serves them best, and they never lose sight of their goal. They are tireless workers who are detail-oriented and believe in doing things right the first time.

The world may perceive Oxen as being far too serious or incapable of loosening up. This sturdy sort is less than social by nature and tends to become introverted in a crowd. To make things worse, they can't be bothered with what other people think and prefer to do what makes them feel best. Behind that calm facade, though, lives an Ox who can feel hurt, lonely and unable to connect with others. Friends and family are a great source of comfort to this beast, even if they don't always understand what makes the Ox tick. As a lover, friend, family member or housemate, the Ox makes a wonderfully strong, tender and affectionate companion who is protective and always reliable.

Out in the world, though, Oxen tend to be stubborn, dogmatic, my-way-or-the-highway kind of people who have no concept of when to back down. Oxen don't care to be pushed, especially since they think they're the good guys of the Chinese Zodiac. There is some truth to that theory, since the Ox is smart, trustworthy, caring and honorable. If you need honest, steady and unbiased advice, call on the Ox.

A good lesson for mighty Oxen is to strive to overcome a judgmental nature that keeps them from getting close to others. If they can learn to value their own good qualities, they'll have more room in their hearts to invite others in.

The most compatible match for an Ox is the Snake or the Rooster.

Any snakes or roosters out there? http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Written By: jackas on 06/01/06 at 6:53 am

People keep 'hounding' you...?

Perhaps she's cursed. ::)

Written By: Paul on 06/01/06 at 7:01 am

Any snakes or roosters out there? http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Points you in the general direction of Mr. Philip...

So I am a Rooster.

Do be gentle with him!  ;)

Written By: karen on 06/01/06 at 7:47 am

I am a rooster too.  But I think Jacks would prefer Philip!

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/01/06 at 8:15 am

I'm a metal horse. A metal horse is full of organization and stability. I'm most compatible with those born in 1982 and 1986, in terms of years close to mine, which explains why I know so many people born in those years.

What's a 'metal' horse? Is this the same system I'm familiar (well, not so famliar with)? Anyway, I was born in 1986, but someone told me I was born in the year of the Ox (1985) cos I was born before the Chinese Year started.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/01/06 at 12:01 pm

You were born in 1977, so that makes you a snake. I'm a dragon. I was born in 1976.

If you go by the Chinese year(not the western rounded off version), I'm a dragon, as Dragon ended in the middle of February 1977, my B-day is 1/31 and I was born in 1977.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/01/06 at 12:11 pm

If you go by the Chinese year(not the western rounded off version), I'm a dragon, as Dragon ended in the middle of February 1977, my B-day is 1/31 and I was born in 1977.

Proof:(Dragon's birth years, copied and pasted from wikpedia)

16 February 1904 - 3 February 1905: Wood
3 February 1916 - 22 January 1917: Fire
23 January 1928 - 9 February 1929: Earth
8 February 1940 - 26 January 1941: Metal
27 January 1952 - 13 February 1953: Water
13 February 1964 - 1 February 1965: Wood
31 January 1976 - 17 February 1977: Fire
17 February 1988 - 5 February 1989: Earth
5 February 2000 - 23 January 2001: Metal

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/01/06 at 12:34 pm

Yeah, a lot of people get their chinese sign incorrect because those dates change all the time and if you're born Jan. 1st in the Western Year, you'll not automatically be that year's sign. My grandmother was born Jan. 3rd 1929, so most would consider her a Snake, but she's not - She's a Dragon - and boy, is she ever  ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 06/01/06 at 12:37 pm

Yeah, a lot of people get their chinese sign incorrect because those dates change all the time and if you're born Jan. 1st in the Western Year, you'll not automatically be that year's sign. My grandmother was born Jan. 3rd 1929, so most would consider her a Snake, but she's not - She's a Dragon - and boy, is she ever  ;D

She's an earth dragon, I'm a fire dragon myself. I wonder if the elements have minor changes in the personality?

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/01/06 at 12:43 pm

I'm a fire rabbit, to be specific.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/01/06 at 12:45 pm

She's an earth dragon, I'm a fire dragon myself. I wonder if the elements have minor changes in the personality?

It's suppose to, as I'm a water dog - so we're suppose to be more easygoing and less stubborn, but more sensitive. What element is the Dragon born in 1952? Is also a water year?

Written By: Step-chan on 06/01/06 at 1:24 pm

It's suppose to, as I'm a water dog - so we're suppose to be more easygoing and less stubborn, but more sensitive. What element is the Dragon born in 1952? Is also a water year?

Yep, it's a water dragon.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/01/06 at 1:45 pm

I'm a water dog. 

Attributes

The Dog is the most likeable sign of the Chinese zodiac. Like his animal namesake, he is loyal with a capital "L". He is the one who people are most likely to turn to when they need help. The dog person will come through every time. That is because he/she is sensitive to others and empathizes with them, particularly if someone has suffered an injustice; he/she reacts quickly with the same feeling as though he/she had been personally offended. Friends know that they can rely upon their Dog friend to keep a promise or remain cool in a crisis.

Dog types are honest, intelligent and straightforward. They will take on any responsibility that is given to them and you can be sure that they will do their job well.

People born in this year tend to be easily upset and shocked more often than the other more signs.

The dog is loyal yet selfish. Beware of the dragon. Dogs are friends with horses.

Dog Attributes
Zodiac Location 11th
Ruling hours 7pm-9pm
Direction West Northwest
Season and month Autumn, October
Gemstone Diamond
Roughly equivalent western sign Libra
Polarity Yang
Countries Malaysia, Ethiopia, Argentina, Syria, Canada, Jamaica

Written By: Howard on 06/01/06 at 3:18 pm

I'm a hungry Tiger ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...