inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is your vision?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/01/06 at 4:25 am

I'm 20/20 in my right eye, 20/25 in my left.

Subject: Re: What is your vision?

Written By: CeeKay on 06/01/06 at 7:44 am

Let's just say I really wish I had the money for Lasik!

If I have my contacts in -- which allow me to see far away -- I can't read small print.  And my glasses are bifocals.  (But really, I'm not an old lady!  ;D)

Written By: karen on 06/01/06 at 7:45 am

I wear contacts but I'd have to look at the packet to tell you the prescription.  I can function without them but legally need them to drive.

Written By: Bobby on 06/01/06 at 8:25 am

I can see properly but am short-sighted and supposed to wear glasses for reading or computer work.

I also have a slight squint that shows sometimes when I am tired or am concentrating on something.

Written By: Morton on 06/01/06 at 8:27 am

I used to have perfect eyesight... could read things at a distance fine, could read things up close without a problem... but then we got the internet, and then I found InThe00s and got messenger and now I can only see so far before things appear blurred. Hopefully, my eyes just need a rest, but could be that I may need glasses before long  :-\\

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/01/06 at 8:47 am

I used to have perfect eyesight... could read things at a distance fine, could read things up close without a problem... but then we got the internet, and then I found InThe00s and got messenger and now I can only see so far before things appear blurred. Hopefully, my eyes just need a rest, but could be that I may need glasses before long  :-\\

The unspoken hazards of internet use...I feel for you, as the same thing sort of happened to me (though I'm naturally short-sighted)

Written By: KKay on 06/01/06 at 8:47 am

mine is perfect..never had a problem.

I know that 20/20 is the norm.  I guyess that's it.

Written By: Morton on 06/01/06 at 8:53 am

The unspoken hazards of internet use...I feel for you, as the same thing sort of happened to me (though I'm naturally short-sighted)

It's my own fault, though, for spending way too much time a day on the net  :-\\

Actually, I tried a friend's glasses on once, and a girl we were with at the time said I looked 'sexy'... so could be a benefit  ;D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/01/06 at 9:29 am

I used to be blind as a bat (20/1100 & 20/1050), then I had Lasik & had 20/30 & 20/40 but my eyes have gotten worse and now I'm 20/75 & 20/100 so I'm back to glasses.  I can function without them, but I get headaches :(  At least now I can get "cute" glasses that only cost about $150 rather than the coke-bottles I used to have that were $300+ (and that's WITH insurance :o)

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/01/06 at 9:54 am

Haven't had my eyes check lately, but I had 20/20 vision.  However I noticed now that I have to hold things a little further away when I'm trying to read.  No problem seeing far away.

I guess I need to get them checked.

Written By: karen on 06/01/06 at 10:00 am

However I noticed now that I have to hold things a little further away when I'm trying to read. 

My dad started off like this.  He got glasses when his arms weren't long enough!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/01/06 at 11:22 am

As many of you know, I have an eye disease called Retinitus Pigmentosa (RP). It effects my night vision and peripheral vision. I just had an eye exam about 3 weeks ago where the doc told me that I am legally blind (haven't gotten the paperwork on that yet). I still have functional central vision which allows me to read (and post on here) but that could change  :\'(. I also have astigmatism which is why I wear glasses for reading/watching t.v.

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/01/06 at 11:27 am

I started wearing glasses when I was 25, and I still wear them now.  I'm not sure what my vision is currently, as I haven't had an eye exam in a while...but I do know that I am near-sighted.

Written By: Bobby on 06/01/06 at 11:43 am

My vision is for a world with equality, understanding and loveliness.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/01/06 at 12:11 pm

My vision's eh...okay. I have glasses, but rarely wear them.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/01/06 at 12:48 pm

I don't know.. but it's bad.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/01/06 at 1:25 pm

20/20 in both eyes, at least the last time they were checked.

Written By: Howard on 06/01/06 at 3:22 pm

20/15

Check for new replies or respond here...