inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ipod Downloads

Written By: jackas on 06/02/06 at 9:47 am

I know there are a few people here who have Ipods and I was wondering if there is a website, besides itunes, that you can download songs that are compatible with the Ipod?

Subject: Re: Ipod Downloads

Written By: jackas on 06/02/06 at 2:29 pm

Anyone...anyone? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/02/06 at 3:08 pm

Sorry, but I have no idea.

Written By: Apricot on 06/02/06 at 3:12 pm

From what I've heard, it's iTunes all the way... you can use any file, but non-iTunes converted MP3s allegedly fill up your player quickly.

Written By: jackas on 06/02/06 at 3:53 pm

From what I've heard, it's iTunes all the way... you can use any file, but non-iTunes converted MP3s allegedly fill up your player quickly.

Kind of limited, huh?  Cool.  Well thanks. :)

Written By: Darkbreed on 06/02/06 at 4:55 pm

I have a 20g ipod and i have tried to download it off of things besides ipod but it doseint work what you
can do it transfer the file to itunes to make it easier

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/02/06 at 5:05 pm

iPods are there for money. Apple makes it compatible with only other apple-owned products/manufacturers/stores, etc.

You must get it off of iTunes, I understand. iPods only play Mp3 and AAC for songs. Anything from the itunes store is AAC, and you have to convert any other file type when moving it into iTunes.

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/02/06 at 5:29 pm

You can pretty much only play MP3 and AAC on the iPod, iTunes is the only legal place to get music for it. I get a lot of my music from the free sources myself though, so it doesn't effect me.

Written By: jackas on 06/03/06 at 12:26 am

Cool, thanks a lot guys.  I got an Ipod for my birthday and wasn't sure where beside itunes I could go to.  You've saved me a lot of time looking for info on it. :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/03/06 at 7:20 am

iPods are there for money. Apple makes it compatible with only other apple-owned products/manufacturers/stores, etc.

You must get it off of iTunes, I understand. iPods only play Mp3 and AAC for songs. Anything from the itunes store is AAC, and you have to convert any other file type when moving it into iTunes.

No, that's not correct. I don't know how it is with the American itunes (?) but all song downloads off itunes are now in MP4 (MPEG-4) format - you can only play MPEG-4 on your computer or on an ipod. Of course, you can obtain mp3 files from virtually anywhere (of course I'm not telling you where, you can probably find that out yourself without a problem), which will be compatible with your ipod.

Check for new replies or respond here...