inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: To Those Complaining About My Threads

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 5:50 pm

I understand your annoyance. In your shoes, I'd probably be annoyed too. And I will tone it down, but in return I ask for people to start posting interesting topics. Whenever I stop posting, the board dies.

Subject: Re: To Those Complaining About My Threads

Written By: Bobby on 06/02/06 at 5:51 pm

I understand your annoyance. In your shoes, I'd probably be annoyed too. And I will tone it down, but in return I ask for people to start posting interesting topics. Whenever I stop posting, the board dies.

That's a bit egotistical of you to say.  ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 5:53 pm

True  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/02/06 at 5:53 pm

Well, everybody has different ideas about what they consider 'interesting'... ???

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 5:54 pm

Well, everybody has different ideas about what they consider 'interesting'... ???

That's true, but it seems every thread on here is either a PPP mainstay or a thread about some old TV show or something.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/02/06 at 5:55 pm

Isn't it just, I'm gonna give him a clap for his impudence    ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/02/06 at 5:56 pm

W00T!!!

I mean... aw, that's too bad that you feel so bad about it.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 5:57 pm

W00T!!!

I mean... aw, that's too bad that you feel so bad about it.

You bastard  ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/02/06 at 5:58 pm

Just out of interest DD who were you addressing your inital post to?? Like who were you saying it to?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 5:59 pm

Just out of interest DD who were you addressing your inital post to?? Like who were you saying it to?

Just anyone who's fed up with my threads. Not that I can blame them  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 06/02/06 at 5:59 pm

I totally agree and I also think people have different ideas as to when the boards are dead or not. There is always someone to talk to and make friends with here if Darko wants to.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/02/06 at 6:00 pm

Just anyone who's fed up with my threads. Not that I can blame them  ;D

It's funny but I hardly ever notice them, this is one of the first I've ever seen    ;D ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 6:01 pm

I'm not resentful of anyone, I'm just explaining why I post so many threads, and I'm also apologizing to anyone who's annoyed. I hope there's no hostile feelings :)

Written By: Bobby on 06/02/06 at 6:03 pm

I'm not resentful of anyone, I'm just explaining why I post so many threads, and I'm also apologizing to anyone who's annoyed. I hope there's no hostile feelings :)

I obviously don't believe you are resentful but what you are saying is; "I will stop writing crap threads if you all write a thread I might be interested in".  ;D

Written By: Umbrella Weather on 06/02/06 at 6:03 pm

I noticed u had a lot of threads

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 6:04 pm

I obviously don't believe you are resentful but what you are saying is; "I will stop writing crap threads if you all write a thread I might be interested in".  ;D

They don't have to be decade threads or anything, it's just most of the threads here are so boring. They're usually polls; the PPP is the only lively board here.

I guess I'm just mourning the death of the decade boards :(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/02/06 at 6:06 pm

Look, when you spam the boards, all the threads that people might be interested in or might want to post in, are pushed down to page 2 or 3....sometimes even 4.  They look at the first page, see all these threads, and decide not to post. 

THAT'S why this place seems dead.  It's not up to us to provide you with entertaining threads.  If you don't like the lack of interesting threads, make one.  Not 25.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 6:08 pm

You guys are being pretty harsh. I guess I did introduce the thread like a jerk  :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 06/02/06 at 6:08 pm

They don't have to be decade threads or anything, it's just most of the threads here are so boring. They're usually polls; the PPP is the only lively board here.

I guess I'm just mourning the death of the decade boards :(

Just following on from Sister Morphine's comment, if the boards are dead it's because you are systematically trying to suffocate the interesting threads by bombarding us with stupid/pathetic ones.

Anyway, the boards aren't dead. They are alive and kicking and we ALL play an active part in that.

Written By: Bobby on 06/02/06 at 6:10 pm

You guys are being pretty harsh. I guess I did introduce the thread like a jerk  :-\\

Tough love, mate.

Instead of being part of your own problem, be part of the solution.  :)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 6:11 pm

Just following on from Sister Morphine's comment, if the boards are dead it's because you are systematically trying to suffocate the interesting threads by bombarding us with stupid/pathetic ones.

Anyway, the boards aren't dead. They are alive and kicking and we ALL play an active part in that.

That's my point, there IS no interesting threads.  I will admit that my opening post was quite egotistic and even mean, but whenever I leave the traffic of the board is significantly reduced. I'm not saying I'm the main reason the board's alive, it's just what I've noticed.

Sorry if I'm coming off hard  :-\\

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/02/06 at 6:13 pm

Yeah maybe you should have added it to your existing thread 'The Be A Jerk' thread?? just an idea 

Written By: Morton on 06/02/06 at 6:13 pm

I know i'm not the only one here who likes coming on and posting in the usual threads (How's the weather, Feel Any Way, What Did You Do Today etc), and I also know i'm not the only one who's put off when I log into the PPP and see threads like 'Be A Jerk' and 'Whose The Biggest Postwhore'.

Most of your threads are completely un-necessary. Half of them belong in the decades boards, and the rest are just complete wastes of space. If the board seems dead to you, go post somewhere that tolerates stupid threads...

Written By: Bobby on 06/02/06 at 6:14 pm

That's my point, there IS no interesting threads.  I will admit that my opening post was quite egotistic and even mean, but whenever I leave the traffic of the board is significantly reduced. I'm not saying I'm the main reason the board's alive, it's just what I've noticed.

Sorry if I'm coming off hard  :-\\

This is my point, Donnie Darko. If there are no interesting threads to YOU, make threads that you consider interesting . . . Unless you are telling me that 'What is the difference between 1983 and 1985' type threads really appeals to you?  :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/02/06 at 6:16 pm

That's my point, there IS no interesting threads.  I will admit that my opening post was quite egotistic and even mean, but whenever I leave the traffic of the board is significantly reduced. I'm not saying I'm the main reason the board's alive, it's just what I've noticed.

Sorry if I'm coming off hard  :-\\

Just because they aren't interesting to YOU doesn't mean they aren't interesting to everyone else.  We happen to like these "uninteresting" threads and find it rather tiresome that you keep bumping them down with this slop.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 6:17 pm

This is my point, Donnie Darko. If there are no interesting threads to YOU, make threads that you consider interesting . . . Unless you are telling me that 'What is the difference between 1983 and 1985' type threads really appeals to you?  :P

I have been trying to make my threads more varied, but the threads that occur at the decade boards are usually really uninteresting, not to mention slow.  But even if people don't want to make up for my reduced posting, I'll still post less and better :)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 6:17 pm

Just because they aren't interesting to YOU doesn't mean they aren't interesting to everyone else.  We happen to like these "uninteresting" threads and find it rather tiresome that you keep bumping them down with this slop.

I applaud your bluntness.

Written By: Tam on 06/02/06 at 6:18 pm

I gave you karma for at least trying to apologize!

I have to go but I will be back with my input. ;)

Written By: Bobby on 06/02/06 at 6:21 pm

I have been trying to make my threads more varied, but the threads that occur at the decade boards are usually really uninteresting, not to mention slow.  But even if people don't want to make up for my reduced posting, I'll still post less and better :)

We don't need a tidal wave of new threads everyday, Darko, to make the boards more interesting. As long as the threads involved have quality, that's all you need. I have made up three threads in the past month - if I feel the need to make another up I will do when I want to.

Written By: Morton on 06/02/06 at 6:22 pm

I don't suppose you stopping posting altogether's an option?!  :-\\

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 6:23 pm

After reading these posts, I've considered leaving ... but I like you guys too much.  I'm come back anyway :)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/02/06 at 6:23 pm

I think this is a bit overboard, don't you?  No one is suggesting he quit posting here altogether. 

Written By: Bobby on 06/02/06 at 6:24 pm

Ouch! Lol.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 6:24 pm

Ouch! Lol.

He's being honest. :)

Written By: Morton on 06/02/06 at 6:25 pm

After reading these posts, I've considered leaving ... but I like you guys too much.  I'm come back anyway :)

You're not a bad kid, you just need to seriously calm down... I don't get why you feel the need to post 20+ topics a day?  ???

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 6:25 pm

If I decided to leave, it would only be because I felt sorry for myself. I think I'm more mature than that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/02/06 at 6:26 pm

I have applauded you, too Donnie. I must admit that I really don't care about some of these threads one way or another. If it doesn't look interesting to me, I totally ignore it. But, I do understand how some people can be frustrated having to go down a few pages looking for certain threads (I know how it is like trying to find threads).  I have said this before and I will say it again:

QUALITY! not quantity.

Cat

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 6:26 pm

You're not a bad kid, you just need to seriously calm down... I don't get why you feel the need to post 20+ topics a day?  ???

It's an addiction.

Written By: Morton on 06/02/06 at 6:27 pm

It's an addiction.

The only thing i'm getting is that you crave attention... but the way you're going about it is all wrong, you'll end up getting the wrong kind of attention

Written By: Bobby on 06/02/06 at 6:28 pm

There is no point in leaving, Darko. Despite it all, we really do like you. Why else would we try to help you see things from another person's perspective?

Just take the advice on board and see how it goes.  :)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 6:29 pm

The only thing i'm getting is that you crave attention... but the way you're going about it is all wrong, you'll end up getting the wrong kind of attention

I don't crave attention. I just like talking about weird stuff most people don't care about.  :D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 6:30 pm

There is no point in leaving, Darko. Despite it all, we really do like you. Why else would we try to help you see things from another person's perspective?

Just take the advice on board and see how it goes.  :)

Okay. I'm probably going to stay, I'm just kind of surprised at the hostility.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/02/06 at 6:30 pm

Just take the advice on board and see how it goes.  :)

Yeah, what he said.

Please don't leave, Donnie. I for one, don't want to see you go.

Cat

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/02/06 at 6:32 pm

Yes let's all pat Donnie on the head.  Nice boy Donnie  ;D ;D

Written By: Morton on 06/02/06 at 6:32 pm

I don't crave attention. I just like talking about weird stuff most people don't care about.  :D

Yeah, exactly. Talking about things NOBODY cares about. But you're not just talking about it, you're shoving it in our faces by creating umpteen threads, which is irritating people

I'm not gonna bullsh*t, it's irritating me as well...

Okay. I'm probably going to stay, I'm just kind of surprised at the hostility.  :)

How does this surprise you?! People have commented on how pathetic your threads are before... you must've known this would be the sort of response you'd get?!

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 6:32 pm

Yes let's all pat Donnie on the head.  Nice boy Donnie   ;D ;D

;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/02/06 at 6:40 pm

;D

Unfortunately you missed my sarcasm, those eyes should have been rolling not grinning.

::) ::) ::)

I have seen enough of your posts now to understand why people are pst off with you dude. Also screw you with the 'your mother is so fat' reference in the other 'How to be a Jerk' thread, u offensive little fu**a 

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 6:43 pm

Unfortunately you missed my sarcasm, those eyes should have been rolling not grinning.

::) ::) ::)

I have seen enough of your posts now to understand why people are pst off with you dude. Also screw you with the 'your mother is so fat' reference in the other 'How to be a Jerk' thread, u offensive little fu**a 

It was a joke. I didn't mean it.

Written By: Morton on 06/02/06 at 6:44 pm

But it's the exact sort of thing that's irritating people, and putting people off you. That's the point I was making earlier about pointless threads

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/02/06 at 6:47 pm

Yeah well it's doubly offensive because she isn't alive anymore.  Even if you're joking about you still need to consider what you post dude. Let's hope my pointing this sort of crap out might, just might make you consider some of the stuff you post. GROW UP FFS!

Written By: Morton on 06/02/06 at 6:50 pm

Yeah well it's doubly offensive because she isn't alive anymore.  Even if you're joking about you still need to consider what you post dude. Let's hope my pointing this sort of crap out might, just might make you consider some of the stuff you post. GROW UP FFS!

Well said, +Karma

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/02/06 at 6:56 pm

And?  If I call your dad a "flamer", but say it was only a joke......you'd be pretty pissed off, right?

Same thing.  You don't go after someone's parents.  This is http://www.inthe00s.com not middle school.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/02/06 at 7:00 pm

Let's not forget that it isn't JUST DD that is creating these thousands of threads. ::) We're not getting slammed by just one...it's more like 2 or three coming at the boards all at once. ::)

Written By: Morton on 06/02/06 at 7:01 pm

Let's not forget that it isn't JUST DD that is creating these thousands of threads. ::) We're not getting slammed by just one...it's more like 2 or three coming at the boards all at once. ::)

Yeah, no names mentioned *coughs*Trimac20*coughs*  ::)

Donnie's the main offender, though

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/02/06 at 7:12 pm

Umm...

Well. I myself think the decade boards tend to die alot. They really do, without the sort of "analysis" threads Donnie and I start. And I think everyone is overreacting and blowing off too much steam. This is a message board, for the sake of cheese!

And it's not like everyone here badmouthing people is themselves being all that nice and understanding.

Though I do agree, don't start like 10 threads at once. But there are nicer ways to tell somebody that than attacking them.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/02/06 at 7:15 pm

Umm...

Well. I myself think the decade boards tend to die alot. They really do, without the sort of "analysis" threads Donnie and I start. And I think everyone is overreacting and blowing off too much steam. This is a message board, for the sake of cheese!

And it's not like everyone here badmouthing people is themselves being all that nice and understanding.

Though I do agree, don't start like 10 threads at once. But there are nicer ways to tell somebody that than attacking them.

there's nothing wrong with creating a few of those kinds of threads...but whenever 10 new ones are created per day (by 2-3 different people), and they are very similiar to other ones already started...that's when people get annoyed.  Then....the only threads on pages 1-3, are the ones created by you, DD, and Trimac...and everybody else's threads are buried in the pile. I think that is why people are getting upset about it.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/02/06 at 7:17 pm

there's nothing wrong with creating a few of those kinds of threads...but whenever 10 new ones are created per day (by 2-3 different people), and they are very similiar to other ones already started...that's when people get annoyed.  Then....the only threads on pages 1-3, are the ones created by you, DD, and Trimac...and everybody else's threads are buried in the pile. I think that is why people are getting upset about it.

Well, I myself don't create that many threads, and I've seen mine get buried too. I do think people are overreacting, though, to be totally honest.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 7:40 pm

I'm sorry, I didn't know. Hope you can forgive me :(

And?  If I call your dad a "flamer", but say it was only a joke......you'd be pretty pissed off, right?

Same thing.  You don't go after someone's parents.  This is http://www.inthe00s.com not middle school.

Not if I knew it was a joke. Even if it wasn't, my dad isn't a flamer, so I'd have no reason to be offended.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 7:46 pm

I've decided to stay. I'm sorry that I've offended some people, and if Dak, Babooshka, Quirk, and whoever else want to hate me that's fine, I am annoying.  And I will try to stop posting so much; I just have an obsessive personality and no life to keep me occupied.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/02/06 at 7:47 pm

I've decided to stay. I'm sorry that I've offended some people, and if Dak, Babooshka, Quirk, and whoever else want to hate me that's fine, I am annoying.  And I will try to stop posting so much; I just have an obsessive personality and no life to keep me occupied.  ;D

I never said that I hated you...hate is a very strong word and I don't hate anyone here.  There's a difference in being annoyed versus actually disliking/hating someone. I don't hate you Donnie Darko! ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/02/06 at 7:51 pm

Tired of the same old stuff?

VISIT DOMINIC'S ASK THREAD!! :D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 7:52 pm

I never said that I hated you...hate is a very strong word and I don't hate anyone here.  There's a difference in being annoyed versus actually disliking/hating someone. I don't hate you Donnie Darko! ;)

Okay thanks. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/02/06 at 7:57 pm

way to not discreetly advertise yourself, Doms!!  ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 7:58 pm

Yeah, you hypocrite!  :D ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/02/06 at 7:58 pm

way to not discreetly advertise yourself, Doms!!  ;D

I try.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/02/06 at 8:08 pm

Thank god we all finally learned to get along...

Written By: Apricot on 06/02/06 at 8:13 pm

Thank god we all finally learned to get along...

Don't take the Lord's name in vain, bitch! *punches in face, starts riot*

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/02/06 at 8:14 pm

Don't take the Lord's name in vain, bitch! *punches in face, starts riot*

Don't call nobody no bitch, sweetie.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 8:17 pm

I would like to make up to Babooshka and Sister Morphine. Sorry I was kind of being a jerk.  :)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 8:18 pm

And also to Dak :)

And don't expect any new threads from me for awhile, although I will answer many!  ;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/02/06 at 8:40 pm

I would like to make up to Babooshka and Sister Morphine. Sorry I was kind of being a jerk.  :)

I didn't think you were being a jerk to me per se, but I can see how someone might have taken your tone in some of the posts in this thread the wrong way.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 8:41 pm

I didn't think you were being a jerk to me per se, but I can see how someone might have taken your tone in some of the posts in this thread the wrong way.

Understood. Do you accept my apology?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/02/06 at 8:51 pm

Understood. Do you accept my apology?

Did I say I didn't?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/02/06 at 8:55 pm

Did I say I didn't?

No, I'm just asking. :)

Written By: whistledog on 06/02/06 at 10:32 pm

Well, I myself don't create that many threads, and I've seen mine get buried too. I do think people are overreacting, though, to be totally honest.

No offense, but all of your threads are all about the same thing more or less.  I understand you like starting topics, but do you really need to make more than 1 thread a day?

If I start a topic in the 80's section, it gets buried to page 2 within hours to make room for stupid threads that analyze decades.  Stop analyzing the decades, and just enjoy them without doing a zillion threads on them. 

If you guys keep spamming with stupid threads, then I am afraid I will have no choice but to leave inthe00s for good.  I originally joined these boards to talk about 80's music, but I can't do that anymore because you guys are really taking the fun out of it.  Please stop!

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/02/06 at 10:47 pm

No offense, but all of your threads are all about the same thing more or less.  I understand you like starting topics, but do you really need to make more than 1 thread a day?

If I start a topic in the 80's section, it gets buried to page 2 within hours to make room for stupid threads that analyze decades.  Stop analyzing the decades, and just enjoy them without doing a zillion threads on them. 

If you guys keep spamming with stupid threads, then I am afraid I will have no choice but to leave inthe00s for good.  I originally joined these boards to talk about 80's music, but I can't do that anymore because you guys are really taking the fun out of it.  Please stop!

For once, Whistle... I agree.

Too many threads about one thing.

Now, I have nothing against those who make them, but it does get very monotonous.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/02/06 at 10:49 pm

I may not make/post in as many threads as Donnie, but I still enjoy them and always will.

I guess you have to be a "geek" like me to dig it, though. :)

Written By: Tam on 06/02/06 at 11:16 pm

I am back now and can offer what I would have said earlier had I had the time.

It is very similar to what others have already said.
We do get tired of seeing repetitive threads.
What you think is something great to post is not necessarily great in others eyes.
And like it has already been said, you are not the only one.

I personally stay away from those threads because to me they are pointless.
But here is what I was thinking could help remedy the situation somewhat.
Why not take a lot of the threads you have created and turn them into one giant thread?
You could call it "Donnie Darko's Random Thoughts Thread"
But anytime sonething strikes you odd, like a word that is stuck in your head,
You simply go to your thread, change the title and then post that word that is hounding you.

I have a thread just like this but it always get pushed to page 10 or so...
also because I posted it in PBG instead of PPP. It's my Happy Hour Thread.
I have changed the title several times but still only really post my crazy thoughts
or anything for that matter there.

You could also look at the infamous "Longest Thread Ever".... and post your random thoughts there.

You are a great person Mike, and you are even great at handling criticism, whether it is constructive or not.
And I am not discounting you thoughts or feelings either. At least I hope it isn't being taken that way.
This is a free board and we have the ability to post what we want when we want, but I don't want it to be
monitored to the point where it turns into a Communist society where everything needs to be approved before we can do it.

It's just a matter of using our judgement and thinking about things before we act on them.
That would include getting into arguments with some members who have been banned
or those that are just egging us on. I have learned from my rash decisions to post....
;)

And don't leave the boards over this.
Believe it or not, your opinion does matter
We just don't like to see it in 50+ threads a week :)

Tam

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/03/06 at 2:08 am

you opened some new threads? 

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/03/06 at 2:13 am

you opened some new threads? 

ZOMFG. 

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/03/06 at 2:25 am

At least he said it in a nice way.

Written By: jackas on 06/03/06 at 7:46 am

I agree with Donnie that this place is pretty dull most of the time and seeing the same threads day after day gets old.

I do think, Donnie, that you are going about this the wrong way.  Most of your threads have a topic that requires a quick to the point answer, not a lot of dialogue comes out of them so they die out quickly and you end up having to start a new thread.   Like Tam said "Quality, not quantity."   

I like you Donnie and hope you decide to stay. :)  You just need to chill. ;)

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/03/06 at 7:52 am

That's true, but it seems every thread on here is either a PPP mainstay or a thread about some old TV show or something.

It's either dead, or flooded with hundreds of obsessive posts...Can't we ever get the balance right?  :-\\

Written By: Apricot on 06/03/06 at 9:36 am

It's either dead, or flooded with hundreds of obsessive posts...Can't we ever get the balance right?  :-\\

I do my best, but I don't like making new threads much. I'll contribute a whole lot if other people will get on it.

Written By: Bobby on 06/03/06 at 2:05 pm

At least he said it in a nice way.

Yes, takes us hostage under the guise of niceness?  ;D

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/03/06 at 2:08 pm

That's the way to do it!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/03/06 at 2:10 pm

It's like insulting someone and making it sound like a compliment.  It does take some talent  ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 06/03/06 at 2:19 pm

Whenever I stop posting, the board dies.

Sounds like alot of my threads. ::)

Written By: Bobby on 06/03/06 at 3:01 pm

That's the way to do it!

If it works for the government, it might as well work for Darko too.  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 06/03/06 at 3:03 pm

It's like insulting someone and making it sound like a compliment.  It does take some talent  ;D

It certainly does. That skill is usually the weapon of the passive-aggressive.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/03/06 at 3:48 pm

Anyway, because of what people have said in support, I've decided to stay (sorry Dak!  ;)), but I won't be posting as much. I'll still be here all the time though, so don't think I've gone anywhere.

I hope anyone who I've offended can forgive me, but if you can't right away that's okay too.

Hugs? :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/03/06 at 3:57 pm

Donnie, amazingly, I find it rather funny that people don't like your new threads all the time. I mean, yeah, it pushes others down but the mainstays always get brought back up no matter what, so it's not like they're disappearing.

Yet, I don't agree about most threads being disinteresting. I think when you post a thread it needs to have broad appeal. That's why when I post most in the '80s and '90s or sometimes the other decade threads, I make sure the topic is something most of us can relate to. Yeah, they eventually die out, and to my dismay, they're hardly ever brought back, but that's alright. C'est la vie

Donnie, maybe you ought to go through a lot of old topics that others made and bring them back alive. Sometimes that's a better thing to do rather than keep adding new ones. Or, maybe, if Chucky wants to add a new Thread area for the kinds of threads you bring up a lot, maybe that would work. I know some of us enjoy your threads, although sometimes they can hinge on redundancy - I still find myself posting in them.

From what I can tell, you're always thinking and having new ideas, and that's great to bring to the board, but maybe there should be a happy medium for those who like to post new threads a lot and for those who like to stick with the old timer threads, while posting new ones from time to time.

Well, I think I've contradicted myself completely, but I guess I am trying to see both sides of the coin.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/03/06 at 4:00 pm

Donnie, amazingly, I find it rather funny that people don't like your new threads all the time. I mean, yeah, it pushes others down but the mainstays always get brought back up no matter what, so it's not like they're disappearing.

Yet, I don't agree about most threads being disinteresting. I think when you post a thread it needs to have broad appeal. That's why when I post most in the '80s and '90s or sometimes the other decade threads, I make sure the topic is something most of us can relate to. Yeah, they eventually die out, and to my dismay, they're hardly ever brought back, but that's alright. C'est la vie

Donnie, maybe you ought to go through a lot of old topics that others made and bring them back alive. Sometimes that's a better thing to do rather than keep adding new ones. Or, maybe, if Chucky wants to add a new Thread area for the kinds of threads you bring up a lot, maybe that would work. I know some of us enjoy your threads, although sometimes they can hinge on redundancy - I still find myself posting in them.

From what I can tell, you're always thinking and having new ideas, and that's great to bring to the board, but maybe there should be a happy medium for those who like to post new threads a lot and for those who like to stick with the old timer threads, while posting new ones from time to time.

Well, I think I've contradicted myself completely, but I guess I am trying to see both sides of the coin.

Thanks Krissy, you're great :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/03/06 at 4:04 pm

Negative!

(((()))) Juuust kidding :D

Written By: whistledog on 06/03/06 at 5:14 pm

but I won't be posting as much

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/lechz.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/laughing.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/jestera.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing9.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing8.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing7.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing6.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing5.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing4.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing3.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing1.gif

We'll have to take bets to see how long you will last.  I call 1 hour ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/03/06 at 7:30 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/lechz.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/laughing.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/jestera.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing9.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing8.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing7.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing6.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing5.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing4.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing3.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing1.gif

Wow, that long, huh?

Written By: Apricot on 06/03/06 at 8:26 pm

Remember the hiatus to improve his grades? 3 days. ;D

I love when people claim they're gonna take breaks.. other then Bobby, no one's ever done it.

Written By: whistledog on 06/03/06 at 8:30 pm

Wow, that long, huh?

1 second maybe?  Maybe that's even too lng.  I call .01 milliseconds ;D

Written By: Gis on 06/04/06 at 3:19 am

I love when people claim they're gonna take breaks.. other then Bobby, no one's ever done it.
I did for a year, difference is nobody noticed !!  ;D  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/04/06 at 3:52 am

oh Gis, thats sad :(  I'm sure someone here was probably wondering where you were and missed you.
Donnie, you threadwhore, this is what you do. I like some of your threads DD, but usually don't like any decade comparison crap'ola. I like threads that appeal to the masses where almost anyone can relate, pretty much I like the boring simple ones that are there simply for entertainment. Donnie and others try to get people to think and discuss and thats good for a some demographics. I think some younger people need a constant stream of stimulation, and patience for newly opened thread replies is sacrificed and new threads are opened to get post activity. Whatda I know, it's late and I'm babbling  ;D 

Written By: jackas on 06/04/06 at 9:21 am

I noticed that you were gone. :)

Written By: Apricot on 06/04/06 at 10:09 am

And you just HAD to come back, didn't you? ;D

Nah, I noticed you weren't here.. especially when I'd go back into the archives and see your posts. And my Piano Teacher has a TON of Charlie Brown stuff, and it always reminded me of your avatar.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/04/06 at 12:43 pm

Nah, I noticed you weren't here.. especially when I'd go back into the archives and see your posts. And my Piano Teacher has a TON of Charlie Brown stuff, and it always reminded me of your avatar.

Ahhh, that's sweet... :)

Written By: Bobby on 06/04/06 at 12:45 pm

I have noticed that you seem to post more now than you did back then (either that or I have been looking in the wrong places). I think it's great you are here.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/04/06 at 1:59 pm

Anyway, because of what people have said in support, I've decided to stay (sorry Dak!  ;)), but I won't be  posting as much. I'll still be here all the time though, so don't think I've gone anywhere.

I hope anyone who I've offended can forgive me, but if you can't right away that's okay too.

dammit, now the board is gonna die

Written By: nally on 06/04/06 at 7:09 pm

Exactly.

Written By: nally on 06/04/06 at 7:16 pm

I was gonna say something to that effect...but I didn't wanna hurt DD's feelings. :-\\

Absolutely. :) We post in whatever threads we find interesting.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/04/06 at 8:13 pm

Donnie your threads rock.  8)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/04/06 at 8:16 pm

Donnie your threads rock.   8)

He's lying, of course.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/04/06 at 8:23 pm

He's lying, of course.
;D  ;D, kick when they're up, kick em when they're down.

Written By: Gis on 06/06/06 at 8:02 am

Bless ! Thank you all for your lovely comments, great isn't it, people say nice things about me and I'm so ignorant I don't even read them for 3 days !  ;)

Written By: Gis on 06/06/06 at 8:04 am

I have noticed that you seem to post more now than you did back then (either that or I have been looking in the wrong places). I think it's great you are here.
It goes in fits and starts depending on how busy work is............and if I'm honest on whether I can be arsed to post or not !  ;D

Written By: Ebontyne on 06/06/06 at 12:56 pm

Donnie, I think it's good-hearted of you to take other people's feelings on your threads into consideration and to change your behaviour accordingly. :) It isn't like you're required to give a crap, after all.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/06/06 at 1:50 pm

Donnie, I think it's good-hearted of you to take other people's feelings on your threads into consideration and to change your behaviour accordingly. :) It isn't like you're required to give a crap, after all.

Thank you :)

Written By: stealth-o-matic on 06/06/06 at 2:28 pm

http://z.about.com/d/inventors/1/0/Z/9/nuke2.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/06/06 at 3:25 pm

http://z.about.com/d/inventors/1/0/Z/9/nuke2.jpg

is this your favorite picture or something?  Is it just me...or do I keep seeing it resurface in numerous threads? ???

Written By: stealth-o-matic on 06/06/06 at 3:29 pm

is this your favorite picture or something?  Is it just me...or do I keep seeing in resurface in numerous threads? ???
Only in certain ones.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/06 at 6:13 pm

I'm not complaining

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/06/06 at 6:20 pm

I've decided I'm taking a break from these boards too.

Should be back in approximately 3 hours.

Written By: Bobby on 06/06/06 at 6:26 pm

It goes in fits and starts depending on how busy work is............and if I'm honest on whether I can be arsed to post or not !  ;D

Fair enough, lol.

Written By: Bobby on 06/06/06 at 6:30 pm

LOL!!! Good one, Luke!  ;D

k.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/06/06 at 6:35 pm

LOL!!! Good one, Luke!  ;D

k.

Yes very amusing Luke, I think perhaps a thread should be formed please indicating your wherabouts and whether or not you are huffed/leaving/deleting an account/staying/taking a break/postwhoring?

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/06/06 at 6:38 pm

Yes very amusing Luke, I think perhaps a thread should be formed please indicating your wherabouts and whether or not you are huffed/leaving/deleting an account/staying/taking a break/postwhoring?

So I can announce when I'm taking a dump, something I've always wanted to do.

Written By: Bobby on 06/06/06 at 6:40 pm

Be careful, Jules. Lots of strange things have occured in jest.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/06/06 at 6:41 pm

So I can announce when I'm taking a dump, something I've always wanted to do.

yes....but only if you describe it...post a picture of it, include a sound clip of it.....etc...I mean, everybody knows...we love details, damnit!! LOLOLOL! :D ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/06/06 at 6:41 pm

yes....but only if you describe it...post a picture of it, include a sound clip of it.....etc...I mean, everybody knows...we love details, damnit!! LOLOLOL! :D ;D

LMFAO  'Sound clip'  HAHAHA  ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/06/06 at 6:42 pm

There's no need for a sound clip

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/06/06 at 6:43 pm

Be careful, Jules. Lots of strange things have occured in jest.  ;D

OHH NOOO Please God don't say I've started something here..

I WAS A JOKING    ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/06/06 at 6:44 pm

I WAS A JOKING    ;D

I thought so

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/06/06 at 6:45 pm

Actually, in Germany they have toilets where there's a shelf so you can examine it before you flush it down. My dad has a running joke about a neurotic, meticulous German man who keeps a journal of his bowel movements. My dad is great at impressions.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/06/06 at 6:45 pm

There's no need for a sound clip

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/punch.gif It was a joke, Howard...I was just kidding! ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/06/06 at 6:48 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/punch.gif It was a joke, Howard...I was just kidding! ;)

I knew you were kidding

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/06/06 at 6:48 pm

I thought so

You make me laugh like a hyena sometimes   ;D

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/06/06 at 6:49 pm

Well, that's what you say. We all know how people think in Pittsburgh.

Written By: Bobby on 06/06/06 at 6:50 pm

LMFAO  'Sound clip'  HAHAHA  ;D ;D

Plonk! Splash!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/06/06 at 6:50 pm

Well, that's what you say. We all know how people think in Pittsburgh.

I wouldn't know...I don't live in Pittsburgh! ;) :D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/06/06 at 6:51 pm

Plonk! Splash!

;D :D ;D

Written By: Bobby on 06/06/06 at 6:52 pm

I WAS A JOKING    ;D

I bet somebody is going to start it off in the near future. Thanks a bunch!  ;) ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/06/06 at 6:56 pm

You make me laugh like a hyena sometimes   ;D

I'm glad I do

Written By: nally on 06/06/06 at 11:14 pm

I'm not complaining

I don't think I actually complained about his threads either...all I've said is that I'm just not interested in them. :-\\

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/07/06 at 9:25 am

I don't think I actually complained about his threads either...all I've said is that I'm just not interested in them. :-\\

I don't think you did Jeff?   Personally as I mentioned in his previous thread (15 back  ;D ) I never actually noticed any of them but I think that's only because I go straight to my profile and check replies to my posts? Then I look at threads which catch my eye.  I suspect people only notice the inane threads being posted if they spend a lot of time here and see the threads sprout up as they are created.   ::) ::)

Written By: Marian on 06/07/06 at 1:57 pm

I wouldn't know...I don't live in Pittsburgh! ;) :D
California or Pennsylvania?

Written By: nally on 06/07/06 at 2:16 pm

She lives in Pennsylvannia. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/07/06 at 4:09 pm

Yes...I live about 45 minutes from Pittsburgh, Pa.

Written By: Howard on 06/07/06 at 4:13 pm

Yes...I live about 45 minutes from Pittsburgh, Pa.

I live in New York

Written By: Apricot on 06/07/06 at 4:17 pm

Holy crap, I have those all the time! I leave the forum at the end of every night! I don't come back for some time.. sometimes, it even goes hours!

Written By: Howard on 06/07/06 at 4:19 pm

So they shouldn't even complain ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/07/06 at 4:20 pm

I live in New York

yep...I know that Howard. ;) :D :)

Written By: Howard on 06/07/06 at 4:20 pm

yep...I know that Howard. ;) :D :)

Which city? ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/08/06 at 7:14 am

Anyone who would enjoy meeting me, and my company, I suppose...

If I do visit the US, pbly Donnie, maybe Brian and James if they want, and anyone else who's up for it?

Who here would be up to it, if it could be arranged?

Written By: Bobby on 06/08/06 at 7:22 am

If I do visit the US, pbly Donnie, maybe Brian and James if they want, and anyone else who's up for it?

After my debt is cleared in October, I would love to make plans to go to the US.

Written By: nally on 06/08/06 at 10:27 am

So they shouldn't even complain ::)

Right. :-X

Written By: Howard on 06/08/06 at 3:05 pm

If you don't like a thread don't go in it,simple as that.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/08/06 at 5:36 pm

Ooh ooh! Come meet me!

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/10/06 at 11:22 am

Ooh ooh! Come meet me!

Yeah, I'd be dead serious about it (When I say things I mean em!). If I went over, I'll be visiting you whether you like it or not!  ;)

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/10/06 at 1:27 pm

Yeah, I'd be dead serious about it (When I say things I mean em!). If I went over, I'll be visiting you whether you like it or not!  ;)

Well, I'm serious about it too. :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/10/06 at 1:48 pm

Well, I'm serious about it too. :)

Give me a buzz (or I'll give you one) next when I finally get the good fortune to actually hop over there...

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/10/06 at 3:04 pm

BTW, the boards did die without Donnie. So all of you should be sorry. Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but it's true...he did keep the decades boards afloat, or was a major part of it.

Written By: Bobby on 06/10/06 at 3:08 pm

BTW, the boards did die without Donnie. So all of you should be sorry. Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but it's true...he did keep the decades boards afloat, or was a major part of it.

Lol.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 06/10/06 at 4:25 pm

If you say so http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/bluegrab.gif

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/10/06 at 4:59 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that.  If the boards are dead it's because NO ONE is going over there, and it has nothing to do with the absence of one person.  If that one person has that much power over whether people post in that section or not, he should channel that into running for political office.

Written By: nally on 06/10/06 at 5:11 pm

If you don't like a thread don't go in it,simple as that.

My sentiments exactly. I've stayed out of all the threads which don't interest me...and that's all I can say. :-X

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/10/06 at 6:41 pm

Well, it didn't particularily die, but the boards are less appealing to me now that Donnie's gone.

Written By: Apricot on 06/10/06 at 9:05 pm

Um.. no?

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/10/06 at 11:39 pm

I lament Donnie's leaving, but to be honest I'm sick of being harping on about the threads getting less interesting. That's not the atittude you should take. Come on James, let's make it like old times again, after all Donnie was only one part of our obsessive decadeologist cliche.  :)

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/11/06 at 4:18 pm

I lament Donnie's leaving, but to be honest I'm sick of being harping on about the threads getting less interesting. That's not the atittude you should take. Come on James, let's make it like old times again, after all Donnie was only one part of our obsessive decadeologist cliche.  :)

Yeah, we'll all have to try harder to make up for his absence. Though, honestly, I'll have less time once school starts in the fall, with two AP and two honors classes and the fall play.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/11/06 at 5:08 pm

I, too am sorry that Donnie left. In fact, I PMed him and just about begged him to stay. But I am tired of people whinning that the boards are dead without him. As I said in another thread, 1 person does not a board make. The boards were here LONG before Donnie came aboard and will still be here without him. If you want to "liven" up the place (whatever you think is "lively") then DO IT YOURSELF! You have a brain. You can come up with topics to post (as long as it is approprate). Just QUIT YOUR WHINNING!!!

Cat

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/12/06 at 2:54 am

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that.  If the boards are dead it's because NO ONE is going over there, and it has nothing to do with the absence of one person.  If that one person has that much power over whether people post in that section or not, he should channel that into running for political office.

You obviously didn't spend enough time in the decade boards to know...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/12/06 at 2:55 am

You obviously didn't spend enough time in the decade boards to know...

He was that powerful?  There's no one else who can discuss topics in the decade boards?

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/12/06 at 2:57 am

He was that powerful?  There's no one else who can discuss topics in the decade boards?

His postwhoring could get extremely annoying at times...but one could not doubt his obsessive pull. At his peak, there was no one has crazy about it as the great Donnie Darko.  :D

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/12/06 at 3:01 am

His postwhoring could get extremely annoying at times...but one could not doubt his obsessive pull. At his peak, there was no one has crazy about it as the great Donnie Darko.  :D

Love him or hate him, you have to give him one thing. He was very good at having "discussions". Personally I think that's a good thing, but I won't say any more on it (I'm sure there's people who already think I'm an a**hole for how much I've defended him and his style of posts).

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/12/06 at 3:30 am

(I'm sure there's people who already think I'm an a**hole for how much I've defended him and his style of posts).
I'm not one of them (And I doubt anyone here actually thinks that). While his posts didn't interest me, to the point where I'd get sick of sifting through piles of Donnie threads to get to the ones I want. His interest in "decadology" isn't what annoyed me (although I occasionally made fun of such threads - jokingly of course. eg: stating the obvious in a "when did the 00s start" type thread)  uit was his constant thread starting that got to most people. If it was 3 or 4 threads, that is fine. But It wasn't like that. The whole "decadeology" debate managed to find its way onto other threads etc. Again, it wasn't his interests that annoyed people, it was his "postwhoring the same topic everywhere" nature.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/12/06 at 3:36 am

I'm not one of them (And I doubt anyone here actually thinks that). While his posts didn't interest me, to the point where I'd get sick of sifting through piles of Donnie threads to get to the ones I want. His interest in "decadology" isn't what annoyed me (although I occasionally made fun of such threads - jokingly of course. eg: stating the obvious in a "when did the 00s start" type thread)  uit was his constant thread starting that got to most people. If it was 3 or 4 threads, that is fine. But It wasn't like that. The whole "decadeology" debate managed to find its way onto other threads etc. Again, it wasn't his interests that annoyed people, it was his "postwhoring the same topic everywhere" nature.

Yes, I agree with you in that respect, Luke. He just didn't know where to draw the line. And on the whole I don't think the board member's assessment of the situation was as harsh as some make it out to be. I still don't understand his decision to leave, however. Indeed, I haven't seen him on Msn Messenger for almost 4 days now - and he's on almost every day.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/12/06 at 3:44 am

I wasn't aware that he "hijacked" other threads. Still not saying I agree with how many people treated him, but I suppose if someone had no interest in that, it could be annoying in an unrelated thread.

Written By: karen on 06/12/06 at 3:48 am

This was exactly the point I was making before he left.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/12/06 at 3:48 am

I wasn't aware that he "hijacked" other threads. Still not saying I agree with how many people treated him, but I suppose if someone had no interest in that, it could be annoying in an unrelated thread.

Yes, I sort of feel for the guy...inthe00s was sort of his community, in a way, living in some rural area and being home-schooled. He had to contend with living with 4 younger siblings, and had other issues - which I won't make light of - to cope with. But I guess most people don't know about those...

Written By: karen on 06/12/06 at 3:50 am

Yes, I sort of feel for the guy...inthe00s was sort of his community, in a way, living in some rural area and being home-schooled. He had to contend with living with 4 younger siblings, and had other issues - which I won't make light of - to cope with. But I guess most people don't know about those...

Harsh as this sounds we are not here to provide therapy for him.  If he had issues (which I don't doubt) then they should have been dealt with elsewhere.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/12/06 at 3:50 am

Exactly. It's a cliched statement, but you really do have to walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you judge them.

Like I said, I feel the best thing to do would just be to say, "I might not be interested in your threads, but I respect your right to make them". I just don't get why people were so d*mn resentful and angry about it, but I won't get into that again. ;)

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/12/06 at 3:54 am

Exactly. It's a cliched statement, but you really do have to walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you judge them.

Like I said, I feel the best thing to do would just be to say, "I might not be interested in your threads, but I respect your right to make them". I just don't get why people were so d*mn resentful and angry about it, but I won't get into that again. ;)

It was really only a few (whom I won't mention) which really instigated the resentfulness against him. Alot of members didn't really mind that much either way.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/12/06 at 3:58 am

It was really only a few (whom I won't mention) which really instigated the resentfulness against him. Alot of members didn't really mind that much either way.

Yeah, I won't mention names in public, but on a personal level, it really is hard when alot of the people I liked were the ones bashing him. Yeah I'm used to being the "middleman" who makes everyone get along in real life, but it's still hard. I don't like taking sides. I really do have the Democratic, "Hey, let's all get along" spirit in me. ;)

What I don't get is: why is it a bad thing to talk about stuff that makes you think (which he did, whether or not you liked his threads, they were always thought provoking)? People need to be more accepting/open-minded.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/12/06 at 4:01 am

Yeah, I won't mention names in public, but on a personal level, it really is hard when alot of the people I liked were the ones bashing him. Yeah I'm used to being the "middleman" who makes everyone get along in real life, but it's still hard. I don't like taking sides. I really do have the Democratic, "Hey, let's all get along" spirit in me. ;)

What I don't get is: why is it a bad thing to talk about stuff that makes you think (which he did, whether or not you liked his threads, they were always thought provoking)? People need to be more accepting/open-minded.

Yeah. Despite what whistledog (which isn't THAT bad a guy, after all ;-)) said, I'll be blunt and say the 80s/90s boards are dead boring as they are (the 70s is the worst). Just threads about this artist, this song - blah blah blah. If it weren't for the community spirit and all the great people, I would have kept to more interesting boards like 'RetroJunk.'

Written By: karen on 06/12/06 at 4:22 am

To you two (and some others) the decade discussions threads were interesting.  Others here joined in occasionally, others (like me) avoided them.  The problem became two-fold.

1 Those discussions entered other threads and they became difficult to avoid if you didn't want to read it.
2 the number of that type of thread got ridiculous.  It's fine to have the discussions but is there really any need to start a new thread every time you felt like discussing the difference/similarities between various years?

Written By: Bobby on 06/12/06 at 5:48 am

I'm complaining about this thread . . . It's boring the s..t out of me.  ;D

Written By: Morton on 06/12/06 at 5:57 am

I have to agree.

I can't believe what i'm reading. This whole discussion is irrelevant. The boards haven't became quieter because of Donnie leaving and that's all there is to it. There are plenty of other spammers to grow attachments to, although admittedly they're all guests

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/12/06 at 6:06 am

I have to agree.

I can't believe what i'm reading. This whole discussion is irrelevant. The boards haven't became quieter because of Donnie leaving and that's all there is to it. There are plenty of other spammers to grow attachments to, although admittedly they're all guests

It's perfectly okay if you didn't have an interest in his threads. But come on, don't you think calling him a "spammer" and being derogatory like that is a little uncalled for? That's the only point I've been trying to make all along - there's no need for that kind of hostility!

Written By: Bobby on 06/12/06 at 6:19 am

It's perfectly okay if you didn't have an interest in his threads. But come on, don't you think calling him a "spammer" and being derogatory like that is a little uncalled for? That's the only point I've been trying to make all along - there's no need for that kind of hostility!

I don't think Mike was being hostile, just being dismissive.

Written By: jackas on 06/12/06 at 6:21 am

;D  Really.  This is turning into the Mark discussion. ::)

Written By: Bobby on 06/12/06 at 6:22 am

;D  Really.  This is turning into the Mark discussion. ::)

Mark discussion?

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/12/06 at 6:30 am

I don't think Mike was being hostile, just being dismissive.

Sorry if I was the one who came off wrong. You're a good guy, Bob so I'm not mad at you or anything. :) I suppose it's just somewhat natural for me to get a little defensive on Donnie's side because (1) I was kinda friends with him, and (2) he talked about the types of things I'm interested in anyway.

So when someone gets on his case, it almost feels (indirectly) like an attack on me too.

Written By: jackas on 06/12/06 at 6:32 am

Mark discussion?

The topic about why he was banned and if what he did was all that bad, went on and on and on. ;D

Written By: Morton on 06/12/06 at 6:51 am

No I don't think it was uncalled for. I believe I have every right to speak my mind. I can admit I didn't like Donnie, I just think this whole discussion has gone on far too long (2 threads, seriously?!), when there really isn't anything to discuss. I know fine well that most of you who like Donnie have other means of contacting him, so it's not like he's dead. And Donnie leaving the boards has absolutely no relevance to the quiet period we're supposedly having (haven't really noticed it, myself). You all are inteligent people, surely you can start up threads in the decades boards discussing things you like. What more is there to be discussed?!

Written By: Bobby on 06/12/06 at 6:55 am

Sorry if I was the one who came off wrong. You're a good guy, Bob so I'm not mad at you or anything. :) I suppose it's just somewhat natural for me to get a little defensive on Donnie's side because (1) I was kinda friends with him, and (2) he talked about the types of things I'm interested in anyway.

So when someone gets on his case, it almost feels (indirectly) like an attack on me too.

Don't worry about it Marty. I know you guys were great mates and you both shared something you are both passionate in ('decadeology'). As mentioned before countless times (why I feel the need to justify myself I don't know) I have never had a problem with Darko either so you shouldn't feel attacked - I think you are a great guy.

I view nostalgia a bit differently to you guys. To me it's not about what makes one year different to another but just simply accepting and enjoying the experiences of the time, the media, toys etc etc. The decadeology idea flooded my favourite decade (the 80s) and, IMHO, it was difficult to talk about anything else - that is all.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 06/12/06 at 6:57 am

The topic about why he was banned and if what he did was all that bad, went on and on and on. ;D

That was a Neverending Story too.  ::) ;D

Written By: Apricot on 06/12/06 at 11:01 am

I, too am sorry that Donnie left. In fact, I PMed him and just about begged him to stay. But I am tired of people whinning that the boards are dead without him. As I said in another thread, 1 person does not a board make. The boards were here LONG before Donnie came aboard and will still be here without him. If you want to "liven" up the place (whatever you think is "lively") then DO IT YOURSELF! You have a brain. You can come up with topics to post (as long as it is approprate). Just QUIT YOUR WHINNING!!!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP!!!

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/12/06 at 11:08 am

Why would you beat a dead horse?

Written By: Apricot on 06/12/06 at 12:09 pm

It's a saying.. like, how you beat a horse to keep it running... if the horse (Donnie) has died (left the board), there's no point to keep doing things with it (talking about him).

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/12/06 at 12:14 pm

It's a saying.. like, how you beat a horse to keep it running... if the horse (Donnie) has died (left the board), there's no point to keep doing things with it (talking about him).

I wonder if DarkRainySkies is still on the board? I'll check if he's deleted that account.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/12/06 at 12:14 pm

LMAO!

Written By: Howard on 06/12/06 at 4:18 pm

My sentiments exactly. I've stayed out of all the threads which don't interest me...and that's all I can say. :-X

That's good

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/18/06 at 9:06 am

hahhaa...I was gone for over 10 days....and I can't believe that this discussion is STILL going on!! Come on guys... :o :D ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/18/06 at 9:39 am

hahhaa...I was gone for over 10 days....and I can't believe that this discussion is STILL going on!! Come on guys... :o :D ;D

lol...you've probably figured out by now Donnie Darko left and then returned - three times!  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/18/06 at 8:19 pm

lol...you've probably figured out by now Donnie Darko left and then returned - three times!  ;D

ya...Beth has kept me filled in on things, while I was away! LOL!

Written By: Apricot on 06/18/06 at 8:22 pm

Don't you know this forum at all? We ALWAYS keep things a lot longer then they need to be. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/18/06 at 8:24 pm

Don't you know this forum at all? We ALWAYS keep things a lot longer then they need to be. ;D

so totally true! ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/19/06 at 4:33 pm

He's a magician

Check for new replies or respond here...