inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm Leaving The Forum

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/06/06 at 4:55 pm

It's been fun guys, but I guess I'm not that well liked here anymore  :\'(

See you around, or not.  :-\\

Subject: Re: I'm Leaving The Forum

Written By: nally on 06/06/06 at 4:57 pm

Oh my goodness, he erased his acount again! :-[ That's what, the fourth time?

Don't go, Donnie! We don't dislike you. :-\\

Ah, it's too late.

Written By: Bobby on 06/06/06 at 5:00 pm

How can you convince a man that you can be irritated by the things he does but not by him as a person?

A sad shame if he stays away but I'm sure he will come back as somebody else.

Written By: Apricot on 06/06/06 at 5:02 pm

Dude, you yourself are okay, but the obsessive thread-making got old, especially when some of them seemed to exist solely to make and fan flames.

If you cut that out, you'd be pretty cool.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/06 at 5:08 pm

He didn't do much harm.

Written By: Apricot on 06/06/06 at 5:09 pm

All I wanted was for him to stop postwhoring

Maybe you ought to have said that, then.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/06/06 at 5:14 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Donnie come back.

Cat

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/06/06 at 5:17 pm

There was no reason for him to leave.  None at all.  I didn't see anyone say they didn't like him as a person, I didn't see anyone say they wanted to see him gone.  This is just asinine.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/06/06 at 5:19 pm

OMG He did it.  He erased himself  :o

I may have told him in the FlashChat that I didn't like him.  He asked me my opinion if he should leave, and I said I didn't care either way.  I never thought he was actually going to do it

Jason, don't feel bad dude, you spoke your mind and there is nothing wrong with that, infact I commend you for it,
it makes me sick how some people (not u)  moan about posters then do that phoney whine thing when they leave.   ::) ::)

Written By: jackas on 06/06/06 at 5:29 pm

It's interesting to hear people say that they liked him, but almost everytime he posted something, somebody had to make a rude comment to him.  I agree his excessive thread starting did get old, but that's not a good reason to be mean to him.

If people acted like that to me, I would go away too.

I feel bad for Donnie. :(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/06/06 at 5:30 pm

It's interesting to hear people say that they liked him, but almost everytime he posted something, somebody had to make a rude comment to him.  I agree his excessive thread starting did get old, but that's not a good reason to be mean to him.

I never had a problem with him as a person.  I liked him, I just didn't like the incessant thread-starting.  There's a difference.  He obviously thought that those who didn't like the thread-starting didn't like him either. 

Written By: jackas on 06/06/06 at 5:31 pm

Whistledog wanted somebody to stop postwhoring! ;) ;D ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/06/06 at 5:32 pm

meh, don't worry you all.....he'll be back.  I give him a week...tops. ::)

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/06/06 at 5:34 pm

Whistledog wanted somebody to stop postwhoring! ;) ;D ;D

Howard?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/06/06 at 5:35 pm

It's interesting to hear people say that they liked him, but almost everytime he posted something, somebody had to make a rude comment to him.  I agree his excessive thread starting did get old, but that's not a good reason to be mean to him.

I agree with you. I never had a problem with his posting and told him so. I think a lot of people jumped all over him too much. And yes, I do like him. I think he is a good kid.

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 06/06/06 at 5:37 pm

Oh I mentioned it to him several times over the last few days.

I saw you mention to him.. I felt it was adequate, but I think I would have been upset if the post were directed at me, even if I was guilty. But then, everyone's been over this countless times with Donnie, so he really can't act shocked or hurt.

Written By: jackas on 06/06/06 at 5:37 pm

I never had a problem with him as a person.  I liked him, I just didn't like the incessant thread-starting.  There's a difference.  He obviously thought that those who didn't like the thread-starting didn't like him either. 

No, there were a few people on this board who would say something rude to him regardless of which thread it was on.  I'm sure their irritation with him started because of his excessive thread starting, but it continued into threads he was just replying to like anyone else.  I guess he became an easy target. :-\\

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/06/06 at 5:46 pm

I'm not back for good, I'm just here to answer this thread, then this account will also be deleted.

I've decided I'm coming back in the late '00s, to be precise January 1, 2007. No earlier, possibly a little later.  I need some time to let my reputation recover.

Thanks for your support and/or honesty in this thread, and I'm still a Penguin at heart :)

Written By: Howard on 06/06/06 at 5:48 pm

Howard?

I'm not a postwhore! >:(

Written By: jackas on 06/06/06 at 5:49 pm

I'm not back for good, I'm just here to answer this thread, then this account will also be deleted.

I've decided I'm coming back in the late '00s, to be precise January 1, 2007. No earlier, possibly a little later.  I need some time to let my reputation recover.

Thanks for your support and/or honesty in this thread, and I'm still a Penguin at heart :)

Why bother coming back later.  Just don't start any threads for awhile and people will see that you are serious.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/06/06 at 5:50 pm

It's interesting to hear people say that they liked him, but almost everytime he posted something, somebody had to make a rude comment to him.  I agree his excessive thread starting did get old, but that's not a good reason to be mean to him.

Nicely said Jacks  :)

Written By: Bobby on 06/06/06 at 5:50 pm

No offence to you, but you've got to leave after you type a leaving thread.  ;)

Don't worry about your reputation, just come back.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/06 at 5:52 pm

So Long :)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/06/06 at 5:52 pm

Why bother coming back later.  Just don't start any threads for awhile and people will see that you are serious.

Thank you, but not having an account eliminates the temptation. If the account's still around, I WILL post again.  I think if I went away for a while, people would eventually lose their bitterness about my posting rampage, especially if I came back as a more moderate poster.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/06/06 at 5:53 pm

Thank you, but not having an account eliminates the temptation. If the account's still around, I WILL post again.  I think if I went away for a while, people would eventually lose their bitterness about my posting rampage, especially if I came back as a more moderate poster.

but you've done this before (leaving for awhile)...and everytime you come back...you still post countless threads. What makes you think that if you wait a year...that you will come back a changed person? :D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/06/06 at 5:53 pm

So Long :)

Thank you :)

No offence to you, but you've got to leave after you type a leaving thread.  ;)

Don't worry about your reputation, just come back.

Thanks, but it's kind of too late now.  :-\\

But if you want feel free to add me to MSN at po2@posseoftwo.com (this goes to anyone) :)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/06/06 at 5:54 pm

..again well said.

DD hope yer taking this onboard mate

Written By: jackas on 06/06/06 at 5:54 pm

I totally think you should post!  Starting threads is a different story.

I like your ideas and imput.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/06/06 at 5:54 pm

but you've done this before (leaving for awhile)...and everytime you come back...you still post countless threads. What makes you think that if you wait a year...that you will come back a changed person? :D

I'm kind of turned off from the decadeology thing, so I wouldn't really have a reason to postwhore.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/06 at 5:54 pm

Thanks, but it's kind of too late now.  :-\\

But if you want feel free to add me to MSN at po2@posseoftwo.com (this goes to anyone) :)

We'll see you next year

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/06/06 at 5:55 pm

I'm kind of turned off from the decadeology thing, so I wouldn't really have a reason to postwhore.

well then, if you aren't interested in it any longer...then why not just post normally?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/06/06 at 5:56 pm

well then, if you aren't interested in it any longer...then why not just post normally?

Because some people dislike me so much, even that bothers them. I actually would probably stay now, but since I've said I'm going to leave, it's kind of too late.  :(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/06/06 at 5:57 pm

Because some people dislike me so much, even that bothers them. I actually would probably stay now, but since I've said I'm going to leave, it's kind of too late.  :(

Oh for God's sake......if you want to stay, stay.  If you want to leave, leave.  Do something because YOU want to do it, not because you think others want you to do it.

Written By: jackas on 06/06/06 at 5:58 pm

It's not too late....after all, here you are. :)  Just lock up this thread and in time everyone will forget about it.

Written By: Paul on 06/06/06 at 5:58 pm

I actually would probably stay now, but since I've said I'm going to leave, it's kind of too late.  :(

Not necessarily...just delete this post!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/06/06 at 5:58 pm

You are entitled to change your mind. And I for one, hope that you do.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/06/06 at 5:58 pm

You could stay if you wanted to

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/06/06 at 5:59 pm

I'm sorry, I just don't feel welcome here anymore. It's kind of taken over my life anyway  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 06/06/06 at 6:00 pm

I'm sorry, I just don't feel welcome here anymore. It's kind of taken over my life anyway  :-\\

I wish you well

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/06/06 at 6:00 pm

well, you gotta do what is best for you.  We've all told you that you should just stay....no begging needed. ;)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/06/06 at 6:01 pm

I wish you well

well, you gotta do what is best for you.  We've all told you that you should just stay....no begging needed. ;)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/06/06 at 6:02 pm

If I decided to stay, I would just seem like an attention whore. If starting a post about leaving the forum, and then not leaving isn't postwhoring, I don't know what is.

But it's all good, I'll be back someday :)

Written By: jackas on 06/06/06 at 6:03 pm

OK, so here's what you do.  If you are too upset to stay for now, take a few weeks off and come back.  You don't have to delete your account.  I've gotten tired of this place and it has taken over my life at times.  I just take a few months off and come back.  I have never deleted my account, what's the point?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/06/06 at 6:04 pm

OK, so here's what you do.  If you are too upset to stay for now, take a few weeks off and come back.  You don't have to delete your account.  I've gotten tired of this place and it has taken over my life at times.  I just take a few months off and come back.  I have never deleted my account, what's the point?

Thanks for your support :)

I'll be back someday, but since I've already said I'd leave, it seems kind of immature not to now.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/06/06 at 6:05 pm

OK, so here's what you do.  If you are too upset to stay for now, take a few weeks off and come back.  You don't have to delete your account.  I've gotten tired of this place and it has taken over my life at times.  I just take a few months off and come back.  I have never deleted my account, what's the point?

Yeah, what she said.

Cat

Written By: jackas on 06/06/06 at 6:06 pm

If I decided to stay, I would just seem like an attention whore. If starting a post about leaving the forum, and then not leaving isn't postwhoring, I don't know what is.

But it's all good, I'll be back someday :)

Donnie, I completely understand.  There have been times when I was so upset about something that happened on the board that I did consider deleting my account and I've seen plenty of people do it.  Sometimes when you are upset it just feels good to do something drastic.  We all understand that. :)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/06/06 at 6:08 pm

Donnie, I completely understand.  There have been times when I was so upset about something that happened on the board that I did consider deleting my account and I've seen plenty of people do it.  Sometimes when you are upset it just feels good to do something drastic.  We all understand that. :)

I'm going to delete my account now. See you all next year! :)

Written By: jackas on 06/06/06 at 6:08 pm

Thanks for your support :)

I'll be back someday, but since I've already said I'd leave, it seems kind of immature not to now.

No it doesn't seem immature not to go.  It was immature to delete the account in the first place, but you are human and we all do immature things when we are upset.  This is a good time to learn a lesson about making quick decisions when you are upset.  Just stay and work through it. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/06/06 at 6:14 pm

Treebeard would recommend not to make any hasty decisions. Especially if they're based on feelings my friend. Feelings change as rapidly as the weather. Always good to not rush in to quickly. But if you already have deleted, then I hope you go in a good way and return soon.  8)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/06/06 at 6:18 pm

Byee see you soon. You got lots of attention again Donnie Darko, mission accomplished      ;D

Written By: Bobby on 06/06/06 at 6:24 pm

Treebeard would recommend not to make any hasty decisions. Especially if they're based on feelings my friend. Feelings change as rapidly as the weather. Always good to not rush in to quickly. But if you already have deleted, then I hope you go in a good way and return soon.  8)

Yep! I certainly know all about that - which was why I left my account open when I left the boards some time back. I didn't leave a thread either, just a post so the people here knew what was going on. I also stayed away once I wrote the post. Out of pride, Darko now has to keep himself away from the boards for a year - let's see if he manages it.

I'll never understand why people delete their accounts . . . unless it's to add more drama than neccessary.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/06/06 at 6:26 pm

Well, I'm going to speak my mind about this...

Some people were being major assh*les to you, and you shouldn't let that get to you. You don't need to take people's comments to heart. Personally, I love you and think you're a great addition to this board, and one of the vital components making it integral and unique and holding it together, and not just a retro-fest. I'm sorry to see you go, because now I'm thinking of spending less time here myself. I don't think you need to leave because you worry you're not well-liked. I think the majority of people here like you alot, and you shouldn't take what a few people say to heart. I've let people walk all over me who I didn't care about in my life before, and it's one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/06/06 at 6:43 pm

there were times it almost seemed like Donnie reveled in being the bad guy. it was never hate, just more in an amusing sort of comical way like a pro wrestler, the bad guys the fans jeer and the bad guy feeds off that and keeps doing what drives the people batty. I guess one can only take so much before it starts having a emotional effect on you and maybe you start believing these people really don't like me??  I don't recall joining this board to make friends, and any friends I've made is a total bonus and surprise. If people don't like me or respond negatively to my posts, that's not my problem. I think DD should have just taken a nice break away instead of deleting, but it's his account to do with as he wishes, and he's chosen to leave and hasn't been driven away and hopefully in reading all these posts , he'll swallow his pride, humble himself and just come back.  8)

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/06/06 at 7:15 pm

I'm still quite upset that Donnie is leaving.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/06/06 at 7:44 pm

Wow, I guess I need to find a replacement to bitchslap until 2007. Any takers?

If you DO see this, Man.. I added you to MSN.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/06/06 at 7:45 pm

shouldn't be too hard! ;)

Written By: Apricot on 06/06/06 at 7:46 pm

Oooh, oooh, use whistle!!!

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/06/06 at 8:18 pm

He says he'll be back early next year.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/06/06 at 11:12 pm

I guess I'm the only one near to tears about this...?

:\'(

He was my best friend, the only reason I went to The Lounge.

I can't believe you guys got to him like that. Thanks. Pfft.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/06/06 at 11:18 pm

Well, at first, everyone just told him to stop posting so many threads, which is a reasonable request, I think. Don't worry, you're new here.. he's deleted his account several times, and he always comes back. He also told me that the forum was getting in the way of his regular life, so perhaps a break will do him some good.

Written By: nally on 06/06/06 at 11:25 pm

Will Donnie become the next robocop ? He seems to be another frequent account deleter. ::)

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/06/06 at 11:39 pm

I haven't spoken up as much until recently (I don't like taking sides too much -- I'm usually one of those "Hey let's all get along" types ;) ), but I totally feel this way too. :(

I'm not sure I'd delete my account or leave if it were me, but I can definitely understand him being noticeably hurt by it, especially when it was a common occuring thing over time.

I've frequently said it's okay to not be interested in something, we're all entitled to that - but you don't need to insult the person or what they're into, itself. I'm really not sure why many people ragged on him so much, but there's times I felt a distance when it happened because quite a few other people (who I consider friends) would get all over him for something, then I'd defend him and subsequently feel like the bad guy myself.

IMO his types of threads (which are much like the stuff I did on the BTTF boards with time travel or whatever) are the type of thing it's fun to come home from work or from school and see "Oh, I wonder what's new today" and want to participate in. One thing about the "decade" discussions that makes it really cool to me is that it's every person's (somewhat) individual point of view. Plus, I love to nitpick/categorize too, so it's easy to see why I enjoyed chatting with him (not just about decades, although that was some of it).

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/06/06 at 11:43 pm

Some people were being major assh*les to you, and you shouldn't let that get to you. You don't need to take people's comments to heart. Personally, I love you and think you're a great addition to this board, and one of the vital components making it integral and unique and holding it together, and not just a retro-fest. I'm sorry to see you go, because now I'm thinking of spending less time here myself. I don't think you need to leave because you worry you're not well-liked. I think the majority of people here like you alot, and you shouldn't take what a few people say to heart. I've let people walk all over me who I didn't care about in my life before, and it's one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made.

Not you as well, James? I guess if you leave you guys will also see alot of me on the board...kind of sad, really

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/07/06 at 12:17 am

Well said, I agree.

As far as not taking what someone else says too much -- I think if it happens once or twice, that's one thing. When it happens all the time, it gets to even the best of us (myself included). I'll be honest, it p*sses me off the way people always have seemed to pick on him. There's no need to do that. But on the other hand, if you give in to what they want, you're letting them win in a way.

Again, I don't understand why people can't simply say "I may not be interested in or agree with what you say, but I respect it" as opposed to taking potshots. Many of you have been way too harsh on him over time.

Written By: stealth-o-matic on 06/07/06 at 12:37 am

I'm leaving too. But before I go, I give to you these words of wisdom:

A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CHEVROLET SMALL-BLOCK V-8

Chevrolet's small-block V8 is a famous automobile engine. Nicknamed "mouse motor" for its compact dimensions compared to other V8 engines of the time, production began in 1955 with the 265 in

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/07/06 at 12:41 am

^^^^^

Oh, you again.

Bye.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/07/06 at 12:49 am

Okay, so, like, where's the history of the Ford Thunderbird?  :\'(  ;D

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/07/06 at 1:02 am

Heartless, heartless people.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/07/06 at 1:04 am

You're new.  I think you should avoid making rash generalizations until you know the full story behind why people are saying what they're saying.  I don't recall anyone being mean to him, other than telling him his incessant thread-starting was annoying.  If something like that is enough to make you delete your account and not come back, that's not about us; that's about you.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/07/06 at 2:09 am

Why am I still considered new here?

I've been here seven months.

Jesus, how long have you guys been here?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/07/06 at 2:10 am

You haven't been posting very much, that's why I said "new".  I mean, 130-something posts in 7 months isn't alot.  I haven't been here that long myself, but others here have been members since the board started, or shortly thereafter. 

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/07/06 at 2:11 am

Probably because you haven't posted that much yet. I've been here since July 2004 and I was still "new" in early '05 because I only made 40 posts in that first 6-7 months.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/07/06 at 4:39 am

what heartless people are you talking about? Donnie talked and dished out a lot of razzing, teasing, judgements, criticism himself and he got some given back to him. Unfortunately there may be some that gave it to him on a regular basis for no good reason and that is too bad, no need for meaness because he is a young man of 16 and that may have done a number on his self-esteem. But I wish he wouldn't get his self esteem or worth or value from what people on the damn internet say or think. That has got to come from within. I hope he grows from this and comes back with a renewed sense of respect for himself and others, and hopefully things will be better the next time around.  8)

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/07/06 at 6:28 am

Well said, I agree.

As far as not taking what someone else says too much -- I think if it happens once or twice, that's one thing. When it happens all the time, it gets to even the best of us (myself included). I'll be honest, it p*sses me off the way people always have seemed to pick on him. There's no need to do that. But on the other hand, if you give in to what they want, you're letting them win in a way.

Again, I don't understand why people can't simply say "I may not be interested in or agree with what you say, but I respect it" as opposed to taking potshots. Many of you have been way too harsh on him over time.

I think the people picking on him just needed a target.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/07/06 at 6:52 am

For the love of God....why is Donnie Darko being made out to be some sort of martyr all of a sudden?  Here's the thing....not only did he make endless threads that kept repeating the same thing over and over again...he also made a habit of going into other people's threads and cutting them and the topic down. If he didn't agree with a thread, then why even go in it in the first place...just simply ignore it...don't go in and start saying rude things about it.  People suggested nicely to him that maybe he could perhaps not make as many duplicate threads ( I mean...it gets really old seeing the same things talked about over and over again....."Is 1999 more nineties than 1991?", "Do you think 1984 is the same as 1993?", and then all of those emo/hipster threads that could have easily been combined into one thread entitled, Emo/hipster.  But....he just kept on doing his thing, even more so, it seemed.  In the meantime...all of the other threads kept getting bumped pages down, and it seemed like an endless game to Donnie to keep bumping his back up.  People got frustrated...told him their feelings regarding the matter...and he chose to delete his account...end of story.  I do not think that it was a "witch hunt" like some of you are suggesting...nobody banned him, or literally threw him off of the forum..he decided to do so himself (not before creating a few threads around the boards announcing his departure...and then coming back and posting several times once again).  IMO, I didn't see anyone saying anything that would constitute damaging his self-esteem, etc.  I heard that he asked a few members what they thought of him, and they basically told him how they felt....that he could get annoying....but nobody said that they hated him or wished bad things against him.  I remember him, several times, insinuating that certain people "hated him", etc...but those words were never spoken out toward him.  Disliking certain threads and/or being annoyed with someone's posts is certainly not on the degree of hating someone.
Like others have said (for you DD followers)....he will be back, don't worry. He has done it before and I truly don't think he can stay away until January of 2007.

Written By: karen on 06/07/06 at 6:58 am

For the love of God....why is Donnie Darko being made out to be some sort of martyr all of a sudden?   etc, etc.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/yelclap.gif

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/07/06 at 7:00 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/yelclap.gif

thanks for the karma attempt, Karen!! :) ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/07/06 at 8:16 am

Who freaking cares if he was a postwhore? GET OVER IT! Its a message board, this place is FOR posting.  To be honest, I enjoyed nearly all of Donnie's threads.

But seriously it is freaking PETTY to insult someone because you don't like the threads they're making.  If ya don't like it, DON'T READ 'EM.  Simple as that isn't it?

Now because some people had to be rude Donnie is gone. >:(

God people PISS ME OFF.

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/07/06 at 8:18 am

Will Donnie become the next robocop ? He seems to be another frequent account deleter. ::)

Yeah, you always make these types of comments. ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/07/06 at 8:24 am

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/07/06 at 8:32 am

Thats not the point.  The way people have acted toward him is the point.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/07/06 at 8:35 am

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/07/06 at 8:45 am

the only thing people have done was voice their opinions on how repeatitive his threads were....I never heard anyone calling him rude names or crushing his self-esteem. It's not their fault if he can't handle the truth...or take heed to suggestions so that he doesn't come off as being annoying.  Maybe this break will do him some good...we all need to take a timeout every once in a while.

Can't handle the truth?

Erin, its a MESSAGE BOARD. People have the right to post topics about things they find interesting, if you didnt like his topics well then you should have stayed out of them.

Just because alot of people dont like Decadeology themselves they just HAD to mess with him over it.  Its like when a kid in school gets picked on for liking sci-fi alot or something.  Whats really sad to me is that I think a lot of people on these forums are the type who get picked on themselves in the real world(before you get offended that includes me too).  It irritates me to see these people making fun of someone else.  It makes you think "well if you're ever teased again, you have it coming".

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/07/06 at 9:54 am

Chevrolet's small-block V8 is a famous automobile engine. Nicknamed "mouse motor" for its compact dimensions compared to other V8 engines of the time, production began in 1955 with the 265 in

Written By: karen on 06/07/06 at 10:39 am

[quote author=

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/07/06 at 10:48 am

[quote author=

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/07/06 at 10:59 am

For the love of God....why is Donnie Darko being made out to be some sort of martyr all of a sudden?  Here's the thing....not only did he make endless threads that kept repeating the same thing over and over again...he also made a habit of going into other people's threads and cutting them and the topic down. If he didn't agree with a thread, then why even go in it in the first place...just simply ignore it...don't go in and start saying rude things about it.  People suggested nicely to him that maybe he could perhaps not make as many duplicate threads ( I mean...it gets really old seeing the same things talked about over and over again....."Is 1999 more nineties than 1991?", "Do you think 1984 is the same as 1993?", and then all of those emo/hipster threads that could have easily been combined into one thread entitled, Emo/hipster.  But....he just kept on doing his thing, even more so, it seemed.  In the meantime...all of the other threads kept getting bumped pages down, and it seemed like an endless game to Donnie to keep bumping his back up.  People got frustrated...told him their feelings regarding the matter...and he chose to delete his account...end of story.  I do not think that it was a "witch hunt" like some of you are suggesting...nobody banned him, or literally threw him off of the forum..he decided to do so himself (not before creating a few threads around the boards announcing his departure...and then coming back and posting several times once again).  IMO, I didn't see anyone saying anything that would constitute damaging his self-esteem, etc.  I heard that he asked a few members what they thought of him, and they basically told him how they felt....that he could get annoying....but nobody said that they hated him or wished bad things against him.  I remember him, several times, insinuating that certain people "hated him", etc...but those words were never spoken out toward him.  Disliking certain threads and/or being annoyed with someone's posts is certainly not on the degree of hating someone.
Like others have said (for you DD followers)....he will be back, don't worry. He has done it before and I truly don't think he can stay away until January of 2007.

Thank you!! You hit it right on the nail. I've been silently reading this entire thread and I just wanted to read something that wasn't so damn sensitive. He was annoying at times. The one thing that would annoy me is that he would argue about certain decades with those that lived it as if they were wrong. WTF?

The wussing of DD by his followers must stop. I'm sure he can speak for himself. As mentioned before, he will come back in some other entity.

Written By: miss_felecia1011 on 06/07/06 at 11:17 am

hey donnie, dont go, ill misss ya. well i like ya. so u dont hav to go. well i ges ill talk to u later or sumthin.  :\'(    how sad

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/07/06 at 11:18 am

Written By: Gis on 06/07/06 at 11:32 am

[quote author=

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/07/06 at 12:03 pm

Exactly!

Don't be too hard on him. He lives in a house with 5 siblings (we know how annoying that can be), in the middle of nowhere...obviously, inthe00s is as important to him as all of us.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/07/06 at 12:12 pm

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/07/06 at 12:15 pm

Let's post Als 'Chevy' post a few times why don't we  ;D  :D ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/07/06 at 10:02 pm

[quote author=

Written By: nally on 06/08/06 at 12:21 am

*PLEASE* I'm begging you, type proper sentances in proper english this 'text speak' drives me insane............

Tell that to Robocop.

j/k

Written By: nally on 06/08/06 at 12:23 am

I have no feelings about Donnie one way or the other, he seemed an ok kid, though he obviously liked to be the centre of attention. If I'm honest though I found his constant posting annoying too, so I didn't bother to read most of them.However as Erin pointed out he did hi-jack other peoples threads so he was just as guilty of not being able to ignore something !
Actually I find this thread, and the others like it a perfect example of the fact that he is a huge attention seeker.

I agree totally. He wasn't a bad guy; I had no problem with him...but he did often like to talk about things I had no interest in. ::)

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/08/06 at 12:31 am

I agree totally. He wasn't a bad guy; I had no problem with him...but he did often like to talk about things I had no interest in. ::)

No offense, but quite frankly, no one can talk all about what makes nally happy all the time.*waves hands around*

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/08/06 at 12:33 am

No offense, but quite frankly, no one can talk all about what makes nally happy all the time.*waves hands around*

Very True. I found the hand waving to be somewhat irrelevant, though...Ah, well.

Written By: DarkRainySkies on 06/08/06 at 12:34 am

Since you guys have already figured it out, I am Donnie Darko. Me and Trimac were playing a trick on you guys, just for fun. He set me up!  ;D Seriously though I didn't have to listen to him, I just thought it would be funny to pretend to be a girl.

Sorry about that, this account will be deleted.

I am coming back in January 2007, I've decided ... I was thinking about returning in September, but creating a fake ID is quite offensive, so I should probably lengthen my exile.

Another thing - I've told some of you, but I have Asperger's Syndrome, pretty severely actually, which explains my obsessive postings about decades, etc., and my occasional attention-whoring threads like this.  I'm not trying to excuse my behavior here, but that's why I'm such a postwhore.

When I come back, I want this place to be alive! :)

-Donnie

Written By: nally on 06/08/06 at 12:35 am

...or what makes anyone really happy all the time, for that matter. :-\\

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/08/06 at 1:06 am

Yes, and we would've fooled you for longer if Donnie hadn't been so obvious, LOL

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/08/06 at 4:29 am

Donnie never had a problem sticking up for himself or his threads, or defending himself. He always seemed to relish a challenging dialogue and would practically instigate it. It's obvious he has made many friends here and has contributed a lot and is a Classic Member. I don't think there's any good reason to blame the people on this board for his departure. He's chosen to leave, he wasn't driven off. He's chosen to delete his account, he wasn't banned or exiled. He's chosen to leave the close friendships and daily comradery he's built up over the years. He's chosen to set a date for his eventual return. I can sympathize with him and have compassion for him if he has a health/medical condition that affects his behavior. So good luck DD and I guess we'll see you whenever.  (sometimes there is so much around here)  8)

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/08/06 at 7:05 am

Donnie never had a problem sticking up for himself or his threads, or defending himself. He always seemed to relish a challenging dialogue and would practically instigate it. It's obvious he has made many friends here and has contributed a lot and is a Classic Member. I don't think there's any good reason to blame the people on this board for his departure. He's chosen to leave, he wasn't driven off. He's chosen to delete his account, he wasn't banned or exiled. He's chosen to leave the close friendships and daily comradery he's built up over the years. He's chosen to set a date for his eventual return. I can sympathize with him and have compassion for him if he has a health/medical condition that affects his behavior. So good luck DD and I guess we'll see you whenever.  (sometimes there is so much around here)  8)

Well said by my old rocker friend badfinger-fan.  8)

Written By: jackas on 06/08/06 at 7:08 am

Since you guys have already figured it out, I am Donnie Darko. Me and Trimac were playing a trick on you guys, just for fun. He set me up!  ;D Seriously though I didn't have to listen to him, I just thought it would be funny to pretend to be a girl.

I am coming back in January 2007, I've decided ... I was thinking about returning in September, but creating a fake ID is quite offensive, so I should probably lengthen my exile.

Another thing - I've told some of you, but I have Asperger's Syndrome, pretty severely actually, which explains my obsessive postings about decades, etc., and my occasional attention-whoring threads like this.  I'm not trying to excuse my behavior here, but that's why I'm such a postwhore.

-Donnie

See!  You meddling kids....  Donnie could have gotten away with being DarkRainySkies if it wasn't for you!!!!!

Written By: Bobby on 06/08/06 at 7:10 am

Since you guys have already figured it out, I am Donnie Darko. Me and Trimac were playing a trick on you guys, just for fun. He set me up!  ;D Seriously though I didn't have to listen to him, I just thought it would be funny to pretend to be a girl.

Another thing - I've told some of you, but I have Asperger's Syndrome, pretty severely actually, which explains my obsessive postings about decades, etc., and my occasional attention-whoring threads like this.  I'm not trying to excuse my behavior here, but that's why I'm such a postwhore.

-Donnie

It proves the guy can't stay away, lol.

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 10:10 am

Oh man, I'm assuming the Farewell on the 2000s board was deleted... either way, Oh God, I wish more people could have seen it. It was freaking hilarious.

One of my favorite things is when Alex picks fights with me. :D

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/08/06 at 10:18 am

I dislike you.

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 10:21 am

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/08/06 at 10:23 am

Whatever.

Written By: nally on 06/08/06 at 10:36 am

Oh man, I'm assuming the Farewell on the 2000s board was deleted... either way, Oh God, I wish more people could have seen it. It was freaking hilarious.

One of my favorite things is when Alex picks fights with me. :D

It probably got out of hand; that "five nineteen eighty-six" guy was lurking on there, saying all kinds of mean and nasty things. ::)

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 10:37 am

[quote author=

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/08/06 at 11:18 am

Oh man, that thread was amazing last night. I haven't laughed so hard while posting in this forum for a long time.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/08/06 at 11:22 am

Oh man, that thread was amazing last night. I haven't laughed so hard while posting in this forum for a long time.

yes, I had the pleasure of reading it this morning before it was deleted!  ;D

Written By: karen on 06/08/06 at 11:22 am

yes, I had the pleasure of reading it this morning before it was deleted!  ;D

me too

Written By: Gis on 06/08/06 at 11:54 am

me too
D*mn I didn't I always miss the good stuff............... >:(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/08/06 at 11:56 am

D*mn I didn't I always miss the good stuff............... >:(

Yeah, I missed it too. Anyone want to fill me in? You can PM me if you don't want to discuss it in public.

Cat

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/08/06 at 12:00 pm

Good for you.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/08/06 at 12:33 pm

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/08/06 at 12:39 pm

A good time at my expense.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/08/06 at 12:46 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 12:47 pm

[quote author=

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/08/06 at 12:49 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Bobby on 06/08/06 at 12:56 pm

Alex...why do you think that everything always has to be about you, or at your expense?

Was it at his expense?  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/08/06 at 1:13 pm

Was it at his expense?  :)

I don't think it was.

Written By: Bobby on 06/08/06 at 1:18 pm

I don't think it was.

Look at Andrew's (Tubeway General) post above yours.  ;)

I do get the feeling that The Tubeway General gang take great delight in mercilessly taking Alex down a shred or two and I think there should be a compromise. Alex should stop allowing himself to be roped into these situations and Andrew should do his best not to antagonise him.

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 1:22 pm

I do get the feeling that The Tubeway General gang take great delight in mercilessly taking Alex down a shred or two and I think there should be a compromise. Alex should stop allowing himself to be roped into these situations and Andrew should do his best not to antagonise him.

;D I'm flattered that it's called "The Tubeway General Gang".. I have my own Tubeway Army. :D

Actually, if you saw the conversation, I had no part in antagonizing at all.. nothing was directed at him.. actually, I've never instigated an argument with Alex. He tends to start things, and I go with it.. I never ask other people (namely my friends) to get involved, they just always seem to. I hate that I get labeled some ringleader of an evil gang of bullies, I just hold my own in a fight.. I can't help that people are always joining my side.

If you notice, pretty much everyone has been in an Alex fight at some point... he tends to randomly start them. The fact that I don't hold back once I'm in a fight shouldn't be held against me.

Written By: Bobby on 06/08/06 at 1:30 pm

;D I'm flattered that it's called "The Tubeway General Gang".. I have my own Tubeway Army. :D

Actually, if you saw the conversation, I had no part in antagonizing at all.. nothing was directed at him.. actually, I've never instigated an argument with Alex. He tends to start things, and I go with it.. I never ask other people (namely my friends) to get involved, they just always seem to. I hate that I get labeled some ringleader of an evil gang of bullies, I just hold my own in a fight.. I can't help that people are always joining my side.

If you notice, pretty much everyone has been in an Alex fight at some point... he tends to randomly start them. The fact that I don't hold back once I'm in a fight shouldn't be held against me.

I thought about calling it 'Tubeway Army' as it happens, lol.

Admittedly, Andrew, I didn't see what the other thread was about unfortunately but I did use my experience of previous threads and know that Alex can be his own worst enemy, no doubt about it, but you guys go way overboard with the lynching.

I don't really know how this whole rivalry started but it's been going on between the two of you for some months now. Maybe Alex should realise by now that avoidance is the best policy.  :)

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 1:38 pm

Admittedly, Andrew, I didn't see what the other thread was about unfortunately but I did use my experience of previous threads and know that Alex can be his own worst enemy, no doubt about it, but you guys go way overboard with the lynching.

I don't really know how this whole rivalry started but it's been going on between the two of you for some months now. Maybe Alex should realise by now that avoidance is the best policy.  :)

See, I'm never one to start a fight.. but when a fight starts, I will NOT stop.. I'm relentless when I'm the battle, but I'll not start the war. And one thing that really sets me off is when people make assumptions about my character.. I don't think of myself as a narcissist, I've really got a rather low self-opinion.. you don't come out of the blue and make accusations of narcissism, that's just rude. And I don't respond well to rudeness, I fight back. You've seen it before, look at the Ghey/Gay debate.. Alex went into my Ask Thread and asked "Why are you such a jerk and an egomaniac?"... now, to me, that's the spark in the room full of gunpowder.. not a good idea to produce it. And I don't think it's unreasonable that I defend myself

What Alex needs to do is stop starting fights. I can co-exist peacefully with just about ANYONE as long as aren't starting a fight. If Alex would not make inflammatory comments towards me, I would have absolutely no problem enjoying this forum with him. But as long as he continues to make inflammatory comments and blind accusations, I will continue to respond.

Written By: Howard on 06/08/06 at 2:50 pm

This thread still continues after he's gone. ::)

Written By: Bobby on 06/08/06 at 2:52 pm

See, I'm never one to start a fight.. but when a fight starts, I will NOT stop.. I'm relentless when I'm the battle, but I'll not start the war. And one thing that really sets me off is when people make assumptions about my character.. I don't think of myself as a narcissist, I've really got a rather low self-opinion.. you don't come out of the blue and make accusations of narcissism, that's just rude. And I don't respond well to rudeness, I fight back. You've seen it before, look at the Ghey/Gay debate.. Alex went into my Ask Thread and asked "Why are you such a jerk and an egomaniac?"... now, to me, that's the spark in the room full of gunpowder.. not a good idea to produce it. And I don't think it's unreasonable that I defend myself

I think it was the gay/ghey thread I was thinking of. Haven't you guys got better things to argue about?  ;D

What Alex needs to do is stop starting fights. I can co-exist peacefully with just about ANYONE as long as aren't starting a fight. If Alex would not make inflammatory comments towards me, I would have absolutely no problem enjoying this forum with him. But as long as he continues to make inflammatory comments and blind accusations, I will continue to respond.

If Alex is starting the fights then what can I do? Let you guys carry on until one submits I guess.

Written By: Bobby on 06/08/06 at 2:52 pm

This thread still continues after he's gone. ::)

But it's not about Darko anymore.

Written By: gemini on 06/08/06 at 2:56 pm

Yeah, I missed it too. Anyone want to fill me in? You can PM me if you don't want to discuss it in public.

Cat

Guess we're all out of the loop!

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 3:00 pm

I think it was the gay/ghey thread I was thinking of. Haven't you guys got better things to argue about?  ;D

See, that's the thing.. these fights are always so trivial, they hardly seem like battles to pick... that's why I take them so lightheartedly, and that might be why I come accross as arrogant to him.. I don't get into giant angry crusades

Written By: Bobby on 06/08/06 at 3:01 pm

See, that's the thing.. these fights are always so trivial, they hardly seem like battles to pick... that's why I take them so lightheartedly, and that might be why I come accross as arrogant to him.. I don't get into giant angry crusades

Life is far too short, man.  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/08/06 at 3:58 pm

But it's not about Darko anymore.

Then who's it about?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/08/06 at 4:00 pm

Then who's it about?

Who knows and who cares.  All this bickering is ridiculous.

Written By: Howard on 06/08/06 at 4:00 pm

You got that right

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 4:44 pm

All this bickering is ridiculous.

And hilarious.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/08/06 at 5:37 pm

And hilarious.

You got that right!

Written By: nally on 06/08/06 at 6:11 pm

You are so right. And it doesn't really seem to make a lot of sense anymore anyway.

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 7:24 pm

You are so right. And it doesn't really seem to make a lot of sense anymore anyway.

... I WANT MY JACKET BACK! YOU HAVE MY JACKET AND I WANT IT BACK!

Written By: nally on 06/08/06 at 10:12 pm

... I WANT MY JACKET BACK! YOU HAVE MY JACKET AND I WANT IT BACK!

huh?? ::) I don't get it.

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 10:13 pm

huh?? ::) I don't get it.

Ever fill your matress with Rice Krispies and piss the bed?

Written By: nally on 06/08/06 at 10:15 pm

Uhm...no. Why?

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 10:21 pm

Uhm...no. Why?

Lemme tell you, son, you're not getting back to sleep that night.. Snap, Crackle, Pop all night long.

Written By: nally on 06/08/06 at 10:24 pm

Lemme tell you, son, you're not getting back to sleep that night.. Snap, Crackle, Pop all night long.

Never mind. ::)

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 10:27 pm

Never mind. ::)

Or ALWAYS mind! :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/08/06 at 10:30 pm

way off topic, this should go on the thread titled Severe Behavioral Disorders

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 10:31 pm

way off topic, this should go on the thread titled Severe Behavioral Disorders

I think YOU'RE way off-topic?!?!

Written By: Howard on 06/09/06 at 3:26 pm

What happened to him?

Subject: Re: I like to move it in M C Hammer Pants while Rubixgirl sells some Lawn Jarts

Written By: nally on 06/09/06 at 5:25 pm

What happened to him?

Him who?

Check for new replies or respond here...