inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The inthe00s t-shirts... possible designs?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/06 at 7:59 pm

Here's what the design *MIGHT* look like.  It would be small on the front, and fill the entire back of the shirt.  There's a white shirt and a black shirt design.

Subject: Re: The inthe00s t-shirts... possible designs?

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 8:00 pm

The second one is badass.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/06 at 8:03 pm

The second one is badass.

wow, I think you responded almost the second after it finished posting

the only problem is that these will be through CafePress and they only have a couple of black items...  I may still try and improve the white background colors

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/08/06 at 8:03 pm

I like em both. Way to go ChuckyG

Written By: Darkbreed on 06/08/06 at 8:06 pm

Very nice shirts, i would love to wear one. if you do make them could you make it in a youth large?

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 8:08 pm

wow, I think you responded almost the second after it finished posting

the only problem is that these will be through CafePress and they only have a couple of black items...  I may still try and improve the white background colors

Guess I finished a post just as you did.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/06 at 8:08 pm

Very nice shirts, i would love to wear one. if you do make them could you make it in a youth large?

They'll be available in tons of sizes, I'm sure that's available.  I'll put it on everything cafepress has to offer... notebooks, hats, etc.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/08/06 at 8:08 pm

I am loving the black one...fabulous Chucky!! ;)

It would be cool to have bumper stickers made with that rad design...I would so put one on my car! Great advertising, eh?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/08/06 at 8:09 pm

They'll be available in tons of sizes, I'm sure that's available.  I'll put it on everything cafepress has to offer... notebooks, hats, etc.
bumper stickers, keychains, do they have any tank tops?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/06 at 8:28 pm

bumper stickers, keychains, do they have any tank tops?

this is the amiright store

http://www.cafepress.com/amiright

almost everything is available with the amiright logo... none of them are called tank tops... I'm having a brain fart at the moment and can't remember what a tank top looks like

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/08/06 at 8:30 pm

that's a tank top:

http://images.cafepress.com/product/16465567_240x240_F.jpg

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/06 at 8:35 pm

I am loving the black one...fabulous Chucky!! ;)

It would be cool to have bumper stickers made with that rad design...I would so put one on my car! Great advertising, eh?

Seems like it's not hard to design a cool black shirt design.  unfortunately they have one total product in black currently, and even that is considered "beta" which makes me a little nervous. 

I guess the pressure is on me to make a color combonation on a white background that is more interesting. Here's a few more attempts

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/06 at 8:36 pm

that's a tank top:

ok, that's what I thought... the name they had under it threw me for a second there.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/08/06 at 8:38 pm

Seems like it's not hard to design a cool black shirt design.  unfortunately they have one total product in black currently, and even that is considered "beta" which makes me a little nervous. 

I guess the pressure is on me to make a color combonation on a white background that is more interesting. Here's a few more attempts

I'm just the type of person that wears black nearly 99% of the time....if you look in my closet...all you see is, well, black! LOL! ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/06 at 8:40 pm

I'm just the type of person that wears black nearly 99% of the time....if you look in my closet...all you see is, well, black! LOL! ;D

yeah, most of the t-shirts I have are black as well. 

maybe I should be making the field of zeros for the white shirt black, and just change the colors of the name...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/08/06 at 8:41 pm

maybe I should be making the field of zeros for the white shirt black, and just change the colors of the name...

regardless of what color it is..it will look pretty awesome. I will definitely buy something with the insignia on it! ;)

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/08/06 at 8:45 pm

Eek! I'm so excited!

I'd love to buy one, but I'll feel so sad that everyone who sees it here where I live will have no idea what it means to me :(

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 8:48 pm

I'd love to buy one, but I'll feel so sad that everyone who sees it here where I live will have no idea what it means to me :(

Yeah, it's a shame more people aren't on.. for some reason, I'm betting I'll one day see someone with one on, and I'll be all "DUDE!"

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/08/06 at 8:56 pm

Yeah, it's a shame more people aren't on.. for some reason, I'm betting I'll one day see someone with one on, and I'll be all "DUDE!"

Haha, it would be me.

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 8:57 pm

Haha, it would be me.

And I'd be like "... Why is Dom here?"

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/08/06 at 8:58 pm

Here's what the design *MIGHT* look like.  It would be small on the front, and fill the entire back of the shirt.  There's a white shirt and a black shirt design.

Wow, yeah, I definitely like the second one the best.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/06 at 9:07 pm

here's the final two color schemes I've narrowed it down to. Susan helped me pick these, so they're a little more mature looking

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/08/06 at 9:09 pm

I like the first color combo.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/08/06 at 9:11 pm

I happen to like it more too.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/06 at 9:12 pm

yeah, it has more of a retro feel to it.

I spent maybe 20 minutes on the layout tonight, the colors are what took me the remaining two hours.  Which is funny, because I had no ideas on how to do the design when I started.  It just fell together easily.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/08/06 at 9:13 pm

I love the black one... LOVE it

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/06 at 9:16 pm

yeah, it has more of a retro feel to it.

It looks like a Q*Bert board.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/06 at 9:22 pm

It looks like a Q*Bert board.

totally!  I never even noticed that until now.  I knew it reminded me of something from the 80s or the 70s.

figures everyone likes the black one.  that one took me five minutes to come up with.  no wonder all the cool sites use black heavily, everything looks cool with black

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/08/06 at 10:41 pm

totally!  I never even noticed that until now.  I knew it reminded me of something from the 80s or the 70s.

figures everyone likes the black one.  that one took me five minutes to come up with.  no wonder all the cool sites use black heavily, everything looks cool with black
yup, Black is the best color.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/09/06 at 12:09 am

I like the black shirt because A) it's slimming on me, B) black shirts look great with any kind of bottoms and C) white shirts get dirty easily and if you get them wet (you're at the pool), it's a wet t-shirt contest.

Written By: La Roche on 06/09/06 at 12:42 am

C) white shirts get dirty easily and if you get them wet (you're at the pool), it's a wet t-shirt contest.

I fail to see the problem.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/09/06 at 12:46 am

You're a man.  For me as a woman, I don't like it.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/09/06 at 12:56 am

I just applauded him for that and I have no idea why.

Because it was funny.

Written By: karen on 06/09/06 at 3:28 am

I'm not keen on this one, but most of the others are o.k.  I particularly liked the first colour (grey zeroes) and the first one with blue zeroes

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/09/06 at 3:33 am

that's a tank top:

that's the chick style tank top, the dude-style tank top is like this
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/badfingermike/voteforpedro.jpg  8)

I'm happy with any color, mainly because I'm slightly color blind, and purple sometimes looks blue to me, so whatever colors are chosen don't make me no neverminds, no-how!  ;D

Written By: karen on 06/09/06 at 3:37 am

I'd call either of those vest tops.

This is what I think of when I picture a tank top in my head.  A naff knitted thing, golfer's still seem to love them for some reason  :-\\

Written By: jackas on 06/09/06 at 6:39 am

I like the white one better since I won't wear black T-shirts, so thank you! :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/09/06 at 8:11 am

ok.  well, I think I've delayed working on these long enough.  So I'll get them uploaded this weekend and setup a new cafepress store.

Written By: karen on 06/09/06 at 8:12 am

ok.  well, I think I've delayed working on these long enough.  So I'll get them uploaded this weekend and setup a new cafepress store.

yay!

Have you decided on the final image size?

Written By: Gis on 06/09/06 at 8:18 am

Black t-shirts get my vote too, I never wear white firstly they get dirty too quick, and secondly from a totally girly fashoin point of view, with my fair skin I look like the walking dead in pale colours.
Infact red, blue, green any colour that's not pastel and not white and not PINK!!!!!!!!! 

Written By: jackas on 06/09/06 at 9:05 am

Awesome!  http://bestsmileys.com/excited/3.gif

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/09/06 at 9:45 am

yay!

Have you decided on the final image size?

not really.  When I upload them and see how they look in the previews, I'll know better.  I only get one of each product in a store, so I can't do a shirt with a single large image on the front and then a second shirt with a small image and a large one.  I might do two stores, inthe00s and inthe00sDouble where you can choose between shirts with an image on the front/back and just one image on the front.

I also remember the last time I did one of these, the image didn't print large enough.  So I think I'll guinea pig myself, and order one first before making it available to everyone else.

Written By: CeeKay on 06/09/06 at 9:51 am

I would definitely buy a shirt -- I like the tank top style -- black or white.

And then....will you soon be planning the first inthe00s convention??  8)

Written By: Apricot on 06/09/06 at 9:59 am

I like the black shirt because A) it's slimming on me, B) black shirts look great with any kind of bottoms and C) white shirts get dirty easily and if you get them wet (you're at the pool), it's a wet t-shirt contest.

Yeah, Black goes well with anything.. plus, I'm always hesitant to buy White Shirts because.. well, sadly, I have an uncanny knack to ONLY spill food when I'm wearing clothing that will stain.

Written By: karen on 06/09/06 at 10:01 am

I also remember the last time I did one of these, the image didn't print large enough.  So I think I'll guinea pig myself, and order one first before making it available to everyone else.

that's what I was thinking about.

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/09/06 at 11:26 am

I probably won't be buying one, but I tend to prefer white actually, because of my psoriasis. *embaressed*

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/09/06 at 11:45 am

this is the amiright store

http://www.cafepress.com/amiright

almost everything is available with the amiright logo... none of them are called tank tops... I'm having a brain fart at the moment and can't remember what a tank top looks like

Hahaha, I didn't know there was an amiright store!

If I still submitted, I would get one of those!

Written By: Howard on 06/09/06 at 3:02 pm

When would these shirts be available?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/10/06 at 7:44 pm

ok.  I uploaded the designs tonight and ordered one in black for me, one in white for my wife (Susan).

I should get them by the end of the week, or early next week.  When they do, if they look ok, I'll give out the address to the store and you can go nuts.

This design looks really bad in a small size.  For stuff that needs a pocket design, or stickers, buttons, etc, I'm going to put just the logo like you see on the top of every page.  Since I did the final design work (with the "often imitated, never duplicated") bit at work, I'll have to wait a few days before trying to upload that one.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/10/06 at 7:48 pm

here's a screen shot

Written By: Howard on 06/12/06 at 4:40 pm

How much?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/12/06 at 5:56 pm

here's a screen shot

I'd totally rock that shirt.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/12/06 at 7:35 pm

here's a screen shot
cool shirt, you did good ChuckyG. I'll be wearing one as soon as I can.  8)

Written By: Howard on 06/13/06 at 5:26 pm

Check or Money Order? ???

Written By: jackas on 06/13/06 at 7:30 pm

Check or Money Order? ???

Neither Howard.

Written By: Howard on 06/14/06 at 4:38 pm

Neither Howard.

So the shirts would be free? ???

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/14/06 at 4:58 pm

So the shirts would be free? ???

Try a credit card.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/14/06 at 8:41 pm

Try a credit card.

What about a debit card?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/15/06 at 1:56 am

What about a debit card?
check out the link to the store  that ChuckyG listed previously http://www.cafepress.com/amiright   
it says CafePress.com Accepts: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and CafeCash. so if your debit has a Visa, Mastercard it should be good.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/15/06 at 2:02 am

What about a debit card?

Most debit cards can be used as credit cards as well.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/15/06 at 4:56 am

The idea of wearing T-shirts advertising websites does sound a bit geeky, to be honest. But perhaps we'll start a new trend?  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/15/06 at 5:00 am

The idea of wearing T-shirts advertising websites does sound a bit geeky, to be honest. But perhaps we'll start a new trend?  ;D
yeah, that is a little geeked out, but I think it would be cool if someone recognizes the site and perhaps is a member and you chance upon a mini real life meeting because of wearing one.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/15/06 at 5:04 am

yeah, that is a little geeked out, but I think it would be cool if someone recognizes the site and perhaps is a member and you chance upon a mini real life meeting because of wearing one.

I thought of that as well. But I'm not too optimistic that'll happen in lil old Perth, WA! I'll definitely wear one when I go to the States, so you'll be able to recognise me.  8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/15/06 at 5:21 am

I thought of that as well. But I'm not too optimistic that'll happen in lil old Perth, WA! I'll definitely wear one when I go to the States, so you'll be able to recognise me.  8)
I hear ya, with 4,621 members in the whole world, it may be unlikely to run into one, but if and when you arrive, that will help if you have one on.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/15/06 at 10:49 am

It's taking them a long time to print them.  I ordered them Sunday, and they haven't even shipped it yet. I don't want to advertise the store until I see the final product, since I've had problems with new designs in the past.

Tom Petty was right. The waiting is the hardest part.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 3:14 pm

check out the link to the store  that ChuckyG listed previously http://www.cafepress.com/amiright     
it says CafePress.com Accepts: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and CafeCash. so if your debit has a Visa, Mastercard it should be good.

But It doesn't say how much? ???

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/15/06 at 3:21 pm

It's taking them a long time to print them.  I ordered them Sunday, and they haven't even shipped it yet. I don't want to advertise the store until I see the final product, since I've had problems with new designs in the past.

Tom Petty was right. The waiting is the hardest part.

yeah... it shipped today.  It's because of the black shirt, they're still new for the cafepress system, so the turnaround is longer. I should see it Saturday I think

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 3:45 pm

I think I might look into buying one

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/15/06 at 11:09 pm

Then we could make a whole new thread, posting pics of us wearing our shirts!!

(And for the poor people, like, me... pics of us wearing the shirts that we photoshopped into the picture!)  ;) :D

I can't wait!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/16/06 at 12:10 am

yeah... it shipped today.  It's because of the black shirt, they're still new for the cafepress system, so the turnaround is longer. I should see it Saturday I think
That's awseome Chucky. Way to take a vision and see it through.  8)

Written By: Howard on 06/16/06 at 3:38 pm

Then we could make a whole new thread, posting pics of us wearing our shirts!!

(And for the poor people, like, me... pics of us wearing the shirts that we photoshopped into the picture!)  ;) :D

I can't wait!

That'd be cool.

Check for new replies or respond here...