inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My cat passed away last night :0(

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/09/06 at 2:40 pm

My 15 year old cat, Samantha, who was struggling with Renal (kidney) failure, was put to sleep last night, when she was suffering from other complications. She was struggling to breathe due to fluid filling up 80% of her right lung. We took her to emergency care at 1am and didn't leave until almost 5am after making the tough decision of letting her go.

I will miss her dearly but I know she's in a better place  :\'( 

Subject: Re: My cat passed away last night :0(

Written By: Southern Image on 06/09/06 at 2:45 pm

So sorry to hear that. I know what you are going through. I've had to put numerous pets to sleep.  :-\\  {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Written By: KKay on 06/09/06 at 2:46 pm

I will miss her dearly but I know she's in a better place  :\'( 

I'm so sorry about the news. Its very sad when you lose a pet.
You have my sympathy.

Written By: Howard on 06/09/06 at 2:47 pm

You have my sympathy too as well :(

Written By: chaka on 06/09/06 at 2:49 pm

I know exactly how you feel..our cat was also put to sleep.
Try and find comfort in the fact that wherever she is now,she's happier.
Again really sorry to hear about that,it's so awful when you lose a pet..

Written By: whistledog on 06/09/06 at 2:49 pm

Very sorry to hear Krissy.  I too know what you are going through  :\'(

My father's 2 cats whom I loved so very much passed on a few years ago.  It is very hard to lose a pet

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/09/06 at 2:52 pm

:-\\  :\'( I'm so sorry. My dad's girlfriend had a 17-year old cat put to sleep because of kidney failure, so I know what you're going through.

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/09/06 at 2:55 pm

:( :( I'm really sorry about your cat, Krissy.  I know how it feels to lose one, mine got ran over when I was a kid. 

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/09/06 at 3:06 pm

Thank you for all of your comforting words. It really helps heal the pain. I appreciate it all very much.  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/09/06 at 3:06 pm

Awwww...I'm so sorry to hear about your cat's passing, Krissy.  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/09/06 at 3:07 pm

Please except my condolences. I know how hard that decision is to make (been there, done that). Just know that your kitty is no longer in pain and I'm sure that she knows that you did everything you could for her out of love.

((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/09/06 at 3:12 pm

Thank you again. This has been a bit of a rough year for me on that end, so I think this affected me more than I thought it would, but again, I feel at peace right now, and the condolences are truly a help  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/09/06 at 3:55 pm

One way to deal with your grief is to take a visit to local Humane Society and adopt a kitty. It it NOT replacing your other cat but it does help fill that hole in your heart. And there are so many cats (and dogs) who need homes. You will be doing one (or more) of them a great service as they help you with your grief.

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/09/06 at 4:00 pm

I'm sorry Krissy. I'm sure you loved your cat and will miss her dearly. I believe CatwomanofV is right on in suggesting a new kitty. Take care

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/09/06 at 5:10 pm

One way to deal with your grief is to take a visit to local Humane Society and adopt a kitty. It it NOT replacing your other cat but it does help fill that hole in your heart. And there are so many cats (and dogs) who need homes. You will be doing one (or more) of them a great service as they help you with your grief.

Cat

I love that idea. I think I just may need to be more settled until I decide to care for another cat, but in the meantime, I can focus on that as a good idea for the future. I know my mother is not physically fit to own another cat, and I think she will be even more saddened because Sammy was her companion for so long when I wasn't home as much. She lost that sense of having company around.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/09/06 at 5:14 pm

Aww Krissy I really feel for you, please accept my heartfelt condolences on losing your dear cat. I do understand how you must be feeling.  xx

Written By: Bobby on 06/09/06 at 5:15 pm

Sorry to hear that Krissie. At least it's not suffering anymore.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/09/06 at 5:17 pm

Thank you, I'm feeling better as each minute goes by.  :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/09/06 at 9:46 pm

Awwwwww, sorry to hear that... I miss my cat, too. :(

Written By: Tam on 06/09/06 at 9:57 pm

Like I said earlier on your page Krissy....

I'm sorry for your loss
My condolences to you and yours

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/10/06 at 4:56 pm

I've lost other cats in the past, but I guess because she was with us so long, it was a bit tougher to take.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/12/06 at 3:43 am

That is very sad to hear... :\'( Hope your memories of her are positive.

Written By: jackas on 06/12/06 at 6:38 am

Awww...poor kitty...and poor Krissy.  Sorry to hear about your kitty. 

I bet she's in kitty heaven...milk and catnip everywhere. :)

Written By: karen on 06/12/06 at 7:42 am

Sorry to hear this Krissy

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/3some.gif

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/12/06 at 8:20 am

I'm sorry to hear about your cat.  :(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/12/06 at 8:55 am

My condolences go out to you.  :\'(  Unfortunatly,  I have lost many pets myself, most the result of traffic.  Country, cars, cat, and dogs, just don't mix.  :\'(

The most saddest thing that happened to a pet I own, was when a neighbour's dog ate our baby rabbits, awhile back.

Because of that, we had to send the adult rabbits, to the country where they would be more safe.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/12/06 at 10:57 am

Awww...poor kitty...and poor Krissy.  Sorry to hear about your kitty. 

I bet she's in kitty heaven...milk and catnip everywhere. :)

Finally.. this thread was so gloomy and made me feel worse, until I saw a SMILE!!!

Ok, I'm done.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/12/06 at 1:54 pm

:) It's okay, Meat! (Dom), I am feeling better - Everyone here has made it one bit easier to get through it.

Written By: jackas on 06/12/06 at 2:03 pm

Finally.. this thread was so gloomy and made me feel worse, until I saw a SMILE!!!

Ok, I'm done.

Well I'm glad I cheered you up Dom. ;D :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/26/06 at 7:29 am

I must have missed this thread while I was away.

I feel so bad Krissy...I'm really sorry to hear about your cat.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/26/06 at 12:58 pm

I feel so bad Krissy...I'm really sorry to hear about your cat.

Thank you, Erin.  :) It was a rough night, but now I do feel better about it all.

Written By: Paul on 06/26/06 at 1:16 pm

I missed it and I wasn't away...

A terrible, terrible loss, so sorry to hear it...when my little bundle of fluff goes, I know I'm gonna be upset for ages (just like last time...)

They're not just animals, despite what some people may say...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/26/06 at 1:33 pm

I missed it and I wasn't away...

A terrible, terrible loss, so sorry to hear it...when my little bundle of fluff goes, I know I'm gonna be upset for ages (just like last time...)

They're not just animals, despite what some people may say...

Thank you, too, Paul. You're so right about them not being just animals. I know eventually I will be able to get a new kitty and enjoy their presence like my Samantha's, but they're truly will never be another replacement. She was so unique  :)

By and by, How old is your bundle of fluff?

Written By: Paul on 06/26/06 at 1:37 pm

By and by, How old is your bundle of fluff?

She's eight now...(and scoffing me out of house and home!)

There is a picture of her somewhere...'Show us your pets' thread, or something...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/26/06 at 5:53 pm

She's eight now...(and scoffing me out of house and home!)

There is a picture of her somewhere...'Show us your pets' thread, or something...

Ohhh, that's good.. she still has some good time left. I think around 8 or 9 years, they want cats to  have kidney screenings.. so I highly recommend it and then you may not have to worry about their kidneys failing over the years.

Written By: Ebontyne on 06/27/06 at 12:55 pm

I've lost other cats in the past, but I guess because she was with us so long, it was a bit tougher to take.

You have my condolences as well, though I'm a bit late in offering them. :(

I sort of know how you feel - my cat went missing for over two weeks last June, and we all thought for sure that she was dead. She actually came back though, and is still with us at 19 years of age... But in the time that she was missing it was very difficult. I used to check if she was outside almost every few minutes for at least a week, and she returned just as I was finally coming to terms with her supposed death...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/27/06 at 1:04 pm

You have my condolences as well, though I'm a bit late in offering them. :(

I sort of know how you feel - my cat went missing for over two weeks last June, and we all thought for sure that she was dead. She actually came back though, and is still with us at 19 years of age... But in the time that she was missing it was very difficult. I used to check if she was outside almost every few minutes for at least a week, and she returned just as I was finally coming to terms with her supposed death...

Wow, that's very difficult, if not more difficult. It's the not knowing part that gets you the most. One of my cat's kittens ran away when we moved and I may never know what happened to him. I just pray he found another home and was taken care of. I thank you for the condolences  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/27/06 at 1:07 pm

How old was your cat?  ???

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/27/06 at 1:36 pm

How old was your cat?  ???

15 years old.

Written By: Howard on 06/27/06 at 1:39 pm

15 years old.

105 Years old? Wow! I'm so sorry about your cat! :(

Written By: Ebontyne on 06/27/06 at 1:48 pm

Wow, that's very difficult, if not more difficult. It's the not knowing part that gets you the most. One of my cat's kittens ran away when we moved and I may never know what happened to him. I just pray he found another home and was taken care of. I thank you for the condolences  :)

Yeah. You never expect an old cat that you've known your whole life to just disappear one day. But hey, at least she returned after all. :) It's definitely better, in my opinion, to keep your cat indoors if you can. Ours is too old and set in her ways to re-train though...

As for the kitten, you may have some consolation in knowing that cats are remarkable survivalists at least. Our own cat was a hungry young stray originally, who basically chose us - she wouldn't leave, so we kept her.

Did you keep any of Samantha's kittens?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/27/06 at 2:58 pm

105 Years old? Wow! I'm so sorry about your cat! :(

;D No, 15 years old. According to the vet, a 15 year old cat is in their 90's in Human years.

Written By: Howard on 06/27/06 at 3:00 pm

;D No, 15 years old. According to the vet, a 15 year old cat is in their 90's in Human years.

That's old enough

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/27/06 at 3:02 pm

Yeah. You never expect an old cat that you've known your whole life to just disappear one day. But hey, at least she returned after all. :) It's definitely better, in my opinion, to keep your cat indoors if you can. Ours is too old and set in her ways to re-train though...

As for the kitten, you may have some consolation in knowing that cats are remarkable survivalists at least. Our own cat was a hungry young stray originally, who basically chose us - she wouldn't leave, so we kept her.

Did you keep any of Samantha's kittens?

Yes, especially at that age.. I'd worry, too. I think keeping a cat indoors is the best thing, especially in their later years. My cat had severe arthritis and she had a hard time jumping from one spot to the next, without slipping off.

We kept two, but one got hit by a car and the other ran away - so we didn't have much luck.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/27/06 at 3:16 pm

We had a little kitten like that who adopted us. It was a nice day and we had the door open. She walked it and went up to our other 2 cats who hissed and growled at her. She went into the bedroom and hopped up on the bed and went to sleep. I was with my ex at the time and we looked down at this little kitten sleeping on our bed and neither one of us had the heart to put her outside again. We said that we would keep her for about a week. I lost her a few years ago at the ripe old age of 18.  :\'( :\'(  Yeah, that was one LOOOONNNNNGGGGG week.  ;D

Cat

Written By: Ebontyne on 06/28/06 at 12:23 pm

We had a little kitten like that who adopted us. It was a nice day and we had the door open. She walked it and went up to our other 2 cats who hissed and growled at her. She went into the bedroom and hopped up on the bed and went to sleep. I was with my ex at the time and we looked down at this little kitten sleeping on our bed and neither one of us had the heart to put her outside again. We said that we would keep her for about a week. I lost her a few years ago at the ripe old age of 18.  :\'( :\'(  Yeah, that was one LOOOONNNNNGGGGG week.  ;D

That's adorable. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...