inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Quizzes. Anyone want to test out a new script for me?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/10/06 at 4:10 pm

I wrote some new scripts/pages for amiright, which I'll probably copy over to inthe70s-80s-90s at some point too.  It lets you enter a quizzes.  If you want to, you can make a multiple choice quiz with anywhere from 1 question to 20.  Or if you don't want to make a multiple choice quiz, you can enter just the correct answers, and people can then just look at the answer sheet.

If you are interested in MAKING a music quiz, give me a PM and I'll give you the URL to the entry form.  Once I have a couple music quizzes in place, I'll give out the URL to everyone for further testing.

The reason I made this?  I was checkking out all the cool quizzes on the quiz board here, and I think if people re-entered them when they were done with people playing them on the board, more people might want to take them.  So this would provide a neatly organized directory of quizzes.

Subject: Re: Quizzes. Anyone want to test out a new script for me?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/11/06 at 1:11 pm

well, it appears to be working ok...

http://www.amiright.com/quiz/

The stats for the test don't show up after you take it, for some reason it's always one test taker behind, but otherwise it appears to work.

There's two tests in there, plus a few troubleshooting type tests.  If you enter a new test, let me know so I can run the update script on them (which makes them available for everyone to try).

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/12/06 at 2:45 pm

I fixed the latest issues with the scoring, and some naming conventions for the actual quz files.

Everything is 100% now. 

So please, if you want to make a music quiz of any kind, try it out.  There's one so far in there.

Written By: Howard on 06/12/06 at 3:28 pm

Sounds great Chucky,Thanks. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...