inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone got any concerts or shows coming up ??

Written By: Gis on 06/12/06 at 3:35 am

I'm off to see Hayseed Dixie, but not until August, should be a laugh.

Subject: Re: Anyone got any concerts or shows coming up ??

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/12/06 at 3:37 am

Gonna see Wolfmother - an Australian band - in July. Other than that I often catch smaller gigs here and there.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/12/06 at 3:41 am

Erm...

Engelbert Humperdink is coming to New Zealand.  :D :D

...that is about it for the next few months. We had The Rolling Stones earlier this year though (tickets something like $200 each!) and U2 later this year (if they don't decide to bail out again...  ::))

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/12/06 at 3:46 am

Erm...

Engelbert Humperdink is coming to New Zealand.  :D :D

...that is about it for the next few months. We had The Rolling Stones earlier this year though (tickets something like $200 each!) and U2 later this year (if they don't decide to bail out again...  ::))

I think Split Enz are currently touring Oz...would love to see them.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/12/06 at 3:49 am

I think Split Enz are currently touring Oz...would love to see them.
Still haven't announced any New Zealand dates.  :-\\

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/12/06 at 3:50 am

Still haven't announced any New Zealand dates.  :-\\

Well, it would be unfair if they ignored NZ. But of course, they're probably saving something really special for their Kiwi fans...

Written By: whistledog on 06/12/06 at 11:44 am

On Friday, Legendary Canadian rockers Chilliwack came here.  I tried to get tickets in advance weeks ago, but they were sold out real fast  :\'(

The Carl Palmer band also came to the nearby city to perform.  Tickets for that one sold out very quickly :o

Steven Seagal and his band Thunderbox are coming here on the 17th.  Maybe I should go and see the show ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/12/06 at 12:18 pm

Every year the Profession Firefighters have a fundraiser concert. I always donate to them and they send me tickets. We have only been to one of the concerts (the Rascals) and the others we gave the tickets away (Lee Greenwood, Crystal Gayle, and I can't remember if there were others).  This year it is a Beatles tribute band. We just may use the tickets ourselves this year-but it is not until Nov.

Cat

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/12/06 at 12:37 pm

I'm hoping to score tickets to not only Mariah Carey in August, but the Dixie Chicks in October.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/12/06 at 1:17 pm

I am planning to see Evita when re-opening on the stage in the West End.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/12/06 at 1:29 pm

I am planning to see Evita when re-opening on the stage in the West End.

I am so envious.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/12/06 at 1:30 pm

I am so envious.

Cat
I cannot wait!

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/12/06 at 1:43 pm

I'm going to see NIN with Bauhaus in two weeks with a friend of mine.

I haven't been to too many concerts since Neal came along.  The wife has been looking for something for both of us to go see together, but nothing exciting seems to be popping up.

Written By: chaka on 06/12/06 at 1:50 pm

I was REALLY hoping to see Pearl Jam in August but the concert's sold out  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cry(1).gif

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/12/06 at 3:18 pm

I'm already set to see world famous guitar duo Strunz & Farah in just about a week and a half from now. I would also like to see some others that may come into town, but that may not happen. So much to do, so little time  ;D

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 06/17/06 at 2:25 am

I had fantastic second row seats to Split Enz last night. I went with the same school friend as I did to their break up concert in 1984 !!

It was their final gig of their reunion tour and they were really in the mood to party hard. They sung everything - all the real oldies before they went mainstream etc, all their chart hits, and all the special favourites off their albums. The crowd was full of my age and older - it was great - no teenyboppers !!!! Actually no under 30s to be seen - my kinda gig ! They did three sets of encores - they didnt want to leave the stage - and we didnt want them to either !!

My only complaint was that it was minus 3 in the venue, even with coats, gloves and scarfs - we were still shaking with the cold. And of course we had to take off the gloves to clap and take photos !!!!!

Next gig I have lined up is the Countdown Spectacular. Centre front row seats in September. Its a big night of 29 acts from the 70s and 80s - all the bands that made it big via the music program Countdown. Here is the line up http://www.countdown.com.au/

What else - ummm Chris Isaak in November - am going to various gigs in different states. He is doing the vineyard tour this time around so no venues with seats - all picnic blankets and nice wines.

Written By: mandamoo on 06/18/06 at 8:34 am

I had fantastic second row seats to Split Enz last night. I went with the same school friend as I did to their break up concert in 1984 !!

It was their final gig of their reunion tour and they were really in the mood to party hard. They sung everything - all the real oldies before they went mainstream etc, all their chart hits, and all the special favourites off their albums. The crowd was full of my age and older - it was great - no teenyboppers !!!! Actually no under 30s to be seen - my kinda gig ! They did three sets of encores - they didnt want to leave the stage - and we didnt want them to either !!

My only complaint was that it was minus 3 in the venue, even with coats, gloves and scarfs - we were still shaking with the cold. And of course we had to take off the gloves to clap and take photos !!!!!

Would've loved to have seen Split Enz. Sounded great !  8)

Next gig I have lined up is the Countdown Spectacular. Centre front row seats in September. Its a big night of 29 acts from the 70s and 80s - all the bands that made it big via the music program Countdown. Here is the line up http://www.countdown.com.au/

Me and my friend Marg are going to that too !  Should be an excellent night  :D :D :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/18/06 at 11:01 am

Got a Flaming Lips concert. Opening acts are Ween (yay!) and The Go! Team (They're good, but a bit boring at times).

Check for new replies or respond here...