inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Worst Party Ever

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/12/06 at 7:05 pm

Okay, this girl in my class. She's incredibly self-obsessed and materialistic and into shopping, of course...and she decided that last Friday she was going to hold a party at her lavish, 19th-century house in the rich part of town. She only extended the invitation to sophomores, but, she was passed out by 7, so all the upperclassmen and their skeezy friends from out of town showed up. While everyone was puking and "making whoopy", or kicking down the doors and destroying the furniture, seven imposing urban gentlemen from Newark stole over 100 K worth of stuff-plasma TVs, jewelry, laptop computers, a 50 K ring, over 5 K of her mom's weed...

And, she probably doesn't even care. Some people just don't appreciate what they're given. Oy, I hate my town! And she got her little sister's nanny and one of her friends implicated in it, too.

Subject: Re: The Worst Party Over

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/12/06 at 7:06 pm

Okay, this girl in my class. She's incredibly self-obsessed and materialistic and into shopping, of course...and she decided that last Friday she was going to hold a party at her lavish, 19th-century house in the rich part of town. She only extended the invitation to sophomores, but, she was passed out by 7, so all the upperclassmen and their skeezy friends from out of town showed up. While everyone was puking and "making whoopy", or kicking down the doors and destroying the furniture, seven imposing urban gentlemen from Newark stole over 100 K worth of stuff-plasma TVs, jewelry, laptop computers, a 50 K ring, over 5 K of her mom's weed...

And, she probably doesn't even care. Some people just don't appreciate what they're given. Oy, I hate my town! And she got her little sister's nanny and one of her friends implicated in it, too.

I hope her mom gets busted for having pot in the house when minors are present.  That would be a hoot and a half.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/12/06 at 7:09 pm

I hope her mom gets busted for having pot in the house when minors are present.  That would be a hoot and a half.

You betcha. It was like enough pot to feed a family of potheads for a year.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/12/06 at 7:12 pm

You betcha. It was like enough pot to feed a family of potheads for a year.

I can give you 3 guarantees about that girl right now......and I've never met her.

She will have at least 1 baby before she graduates............IF she graduates.
She will more than likely be a stripper to pay her bills after school.
She will have MASSIVE credit card debt as an adult.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/12/06 at 7:14 pm

I can give you 3 guarantees about that girl right now......and I've never met her.

She will have at least 1 baby before she graduates............IF she graduates.
She will more than likely be a stripper to pay her bills after school.
She will have MASSIVE credit card debt as an adult.

Lol...she's actually not that stupid, she's fairly smart, which is funny. She and her friends have been going around having sex with guys they don't even like...

Subject: Re: The Worst Party Ever

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/12/06 at 7:18 pm

You know how much I heard about stuff like this happenning around here, a lot. Unfortunately stuff like this is common.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/12/06 at 7:24 pm

Not another teen movie! :o :o :o :o

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

I wouldn't know anything about those types of situations, since I've never went to parties.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/12/06 at 7:26 pm

You know how much I heard about stuff like this happenning around here, a lot. Unfortunately stuff like this is common.

I feel much, much worse for her parents than for her...she sort of brought it upon herself and then, of course, deflected the blame.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/12/06 at 7:32 pm

Behavior like hers starts in the home.  She wouldn't behave the way she does if she had parents who gave half a crap.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/12/06 at 7:33 pm

Behavior like hers starts in the home.  She wouldn't behave the way she does if she had parents who gave half a crap.

I think they're the type of people who just solve everything with money.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/12/06 at 7:36 pm

I think they're the type of people who just solve everything with money.

Wait until the money runs out........

That kind of attitude will do her no good when she's older. 

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/12/06 at 8:26 pm

Wait until the money runs out........

That kind of attitude will do her no good when she's older. 

Now, with this kind of attitude sophomore year...just wait until we're seniors in '08!  ;)

Written By: La Roche on 06/12/06 at 10:52 pm

A few weeks after I moved to St. Louis, I went to a party out in Ladue (real classy area) with a guy I worked with called Kevin.

Needless to say, very similar to this.

When the cops showed up, I was already half way over the wall  ;D

Didn't hang out with him any more.

This shi.t happens all the time, yo. It's fun for the most part but ya know.. when folk start bustin down doors stealin stuff, come on, get serious for a minute.

I've played at partys where things have gotten waaay out of hand like people smashing up furniture and stuff but when things get stolen, it's a bit different.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/12/06 at 10:55 pm

A few weeks after I moved to St. Louis, I went to a party out in Ladue (real classy area) with a guy I worked with called Kevin.

Needless to say, very similar to this.

When the cops showed up, I was already half way over the wall  ;D

Didn't hang out with him any more.

This shi.t happens all the time, yo. It's fun for the most part but ya know.. when folk start bustin down doors stealin stuff, come on, get serious for a minute.

I've played at partys where things have gotten waaay out of hand like people smashing up furniture and stuff but when things get stolen, it's a bit different.

Most people I know who went left as quickly as they saw a gang of hulking, creepy guys looking for plasma screen TVs and the drunken kid knocking down doors. That, and the people having sex in the sunroom.

Written By: La Roche on 06/12/06 at 10:56 pm

That, and the people having sex in the sunroom.

That's all part of the fun.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/12/06 at 11:25 pm

That's all part of the fun.

The people are pretty gross, though. I can scan this girl's picture.

Written By: La Roche on 06/12/06 at 11:26 pm

The people are pretty gross, though. I can scan this girl's picture.

You want my opinion on if I'd nail her or not then...

Written By: Bobby on 06/13/06 at 6:14 am

Ha ha! Unreal.

I went to a barbecue recently were a guy pissed from his mum's bedroom window to the outside, people were falling downstairs, one guy was invaded while on the toilet by a nutter who broke in and smeered a burger in his face, the blokes got nude in front of the barbecue and I did a topless lapdance for the birthday girl . . .

However, thieving and the like is just downright ridiculous.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/13/06 at 11:46 am

Sounds like something that would happen at one of Sir Mick Jagger's bashes... ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/13/06 at 6:07 pm

This is sad, sad stuff. I knew a girl who's mother was a pothead, crack head, all those nice things and she was nearly following in her footsteps. They lived in a house that was like the local hostel. Then one day, her mother got an inheritence, cleaned herself up and bought a new house and appears to be living a better life. Her daugher still is kinda still how she was when I first met her, but I can tell she's cleaned up herself somewhat.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/13/06 at 6:42 pm

This is sad, sad stuff. I knew a girl who's mother was a pothead, crack head, all those nice things and she was nearly following in her footsteps. They lived in a house that was like the local hostel. Then one day, her mother got an inheritence, cleaned herself up and bought a new house and appears to be living a better life. Her daugher still is kinda still how she was when I first met her, but I can tell she's cleaned up herself somewhat.

Hmm...this girl's mother is a businesswoman of some sort. She's quite rich. The problem with this girl is that she doesn't have a family. The aforementioned mother is really her stepmother. Her real mother died when she was 1 or so, then her father remarried, had another child by this woman, and divorced her...and remarried again! And moved to California! And she has custody of this girl.

An update: the guy who brought the kids who stole the stuff to the party 'fessed up, and most of it is being returned.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/13/06 at 10:09 pm

Hmm...this girl's mother is a businesswoman of some sort. She's quite rich. The problem with this girl is that she doesn't have a family. The aforementioned mother is really her stepmother. Her real mother died when she was 1 or so, then her father remarried, had another child by this woman, and divorced her...and remarried again! And moved to California! And she has custody of this girl.

An update: the guy who brought the kids who stole the stuff to the party 'fessed up, and most of it is being returned.

Lucky...but yeah, it doesn't seem that girl's situation is the ideal one for a teenager to grow up - alot of money and irresponsible parenting (even at that age) can equal trouble.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/14/06 at 2:03 pm

Lucky...but yeah, it doesn't seem that girl's situation is the ideal one for a teenager to grow up - alot of money and irresponsible parenting (even at that age) can equal trouble.

She's a nut.

Check for new replies or respond here...