inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chem Finals

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/13/06 at 6:40 pm

I have chem finals tomorrow...and need to learn like, half the book in three hours. I'm soo screwed.

Subject: Re: Chem Finals

Written By: Apricot on 06/13/06 at 7:26 pm

If you're Chem final is anything like mine, yeah, you are screwed.

Get offline and get to work, son.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/13/06 at 7:39 pm

If you're Chem final is anything like mine, yeah, you are screwed.

Get offline and get to work, son.

I am working! Well, at the moment, I'm studying Spanish.

Written By: Apricot on 06/13/06 at 7:42 pm

I am working! Well, at the moment, I'm studying Spanish.

Trust me, I've tried to post while I study.. doesn't work. ;D

You have a Spanish final TOO?

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/13/06 at 7:58 pm

Trust me, I've tried to post while I study.. doesn't work. ;D

You have a Spanish final TOO?

Same day. But I'm really good at Spanish. Chem, I need to get a B on this to pull a C for the year.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/13/06 at 8:08 pm

Same day. But I'm really good at Spanish. Chem, I need to get a B on this to pull a C for the year.

I had a 108 % in Spanish, then I took the final....

Apparently, I got an F

Written By: Apricot on 06/13/06 at 9:22 pm

I had a 108 % in Spanish, then I took the final....

Apparently, I got an F

Language finals are hard.. Latin is already bloody impossible, so our teacher doesn't have a final. He told us we actually learn the hardest form of Latin, the Latin used in poetry and literature, rather then the Vernacular used by the public.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/14/06 at 2:02 pm

About the chem finals...I probably failed. But so did everyone else. I'm jumping for joy that I'll NEVER have to take chemistry again.

Written By: Apricot on 06/14/06 at 2:21 pm

About the chem finals...I probably failed. But so did everyone else. I'm jumping for joy that I'll NEVER have to take chemistry again.

Our teacher had a real bastard of a Chem. Final... he curved it. D'you think you'll get a curve?

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/14/06 at 2:34 pm

Our teacher had a real bastard of a Chem. Final... he curved it. D'you think you'll get a curve?

Maybe. I hate my teacher and I hate that class. I don't even care if my getting a flat C for the year will deter me from getting into certain colleges...it's better for my mental health. She's like a giant stick who only knows chemistry and probably jerks off to bunsen burners. She may curve it...hopefully by like 20 points.

Written By: Apricot on 06/14/06 at 2:35 pm

Maybe. I hate my teacher and I hate that class. I don't even care if my getting a flat C for the year will deter me from getting into certain colleges...it's better for my mental health. She's like a giant stick who only knows chemistry and probably jerks off to bunsen burners. She may curve it...hopefully by like 20 points.

Our curve was by 20 points.. how big was it?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/14/06 at 2:37 pm

If I remember correctly, my chem final curve was 35pts.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/14/06 at 2:38 pm

101 difficult questions.

Written By: Apricot on 06/14/06 at 2:41 pm

101 difficult questions.

Hmm.. ours was 138 very difficult questions.. do you know anyone who took the class already that you can ask?

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/14/06 at 2:49 pm

Hmm.. ours was 138 very difficult questions.. do you know anyone who took the class already that you can ask?

The teacher is new this year. Actually, it was more like 110 very difficult questions.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/19/06 at 11:34 pm

James made a joke! (of sorts)  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/20/06 at 8:44 am

I actually never took chemistry in high school or college...I always stuck with the biology and anatomy classes.

Written By: Apricot on 06/20/06 at 9:36 am

I actually never took chemistry in high school or college...I always stuck with the biology and anatomy classes.

I don't know if it's this way for his school or yours, but it is in mine: 9th grade, everyone has biology. 10th grade, you choose between Earth Science and Space Science (Both one-half of a year) and Chemistry... Earth and Space are both noted as "stupid" classes, because of how easy they're noted for being and how hard Chem is noted for being. So if you don't take Chemistry, it really doesn't look good on a transcript.. it also gets you a bit of a reputation for either being unintelligent or a slacker.

Though some people take Chem in their 11th Grade year, but if you weren't good enough to get it in 10th (there's a pre-requisite not all 10th graders fulfill until the end of 10th grade), you're not gonna get above a 'C'. I haven't known a single junior who's done well in Chem without cheating hardcore.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/20/06 at 10:31 am

I don't know if it's this way for his school or yours, but it is in mine: 9th grade, everyone has biology. 10th grade, you choose between Earth Science and Space Science (Both one-half of a year) and Chemistry... Earth and Space are both noted as "stupid" classes, because of how easy they're noted for being and how hard Chem is noted for being. So if you don't take Chemistry, it really doesn't look good on a transcript.. it also gets you a bit of a reputation for either being unintelligent or a slacker.

Though some people take Chem in their 11th Grade year, but if you weren't good enough to get it in 10th (there's a pre-requisite not all 10th graders fulfill until the end of 10th grade), you're not gonna get above a 'C'. I haven't known a single junior who's done well in Chem without cheating hardcore.

I just chose not to take it...we had the option of taking other things, so that's what I did. Then in college, I took Bio I and Bio II, and I took an anatomy class.

Check for new replies or respond here...