inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Makes You Special?

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/14/06 at 10:09 am

What are some unique characteristics (in terms of appearance, behaviour, personality.etc) that are unique/unusual about yourself?

I'll list a few I have;

1. I rarely raise my voice, and don't normally address people by their name
2. One of my ears sticks out, while the other is 'normal'
3. I like Rainy Days (well I guess that's not that unique)
4. I often sing to myself in public, lol (again, not that unique I suppose)

Subject: Re: What Makes You Special?

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/06 at 10:17 am

I do a lot of singing too, Trimac, lol.

1. I am very spontaneous and quick-witted
2. I make people happy
3. I love watching Pro Wrestling (can't you tell? Lol) and have every Wrestlemania from 1 to 21.
4. My boss can't control me
5. I love the smell of creosote and tarmac

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/14/06 at 10:29 am

I do a lot of singing too, Trimac, lol.

1. I am very spontaneous and quick-witted
2. I make people happy
3. I love watching Pro Wrestling (can't you tell? Lol) and have every Wrestlemania from 1 to 21.
4. My boss can't control me
5. I love the smell of creosote and tarmac

Yes, don't mind the teenagers who call you a 'weirdo' for singing in public, Bobby! It's been scientifically proven that singing to yourself - indeed singing in general, prolongs ones health. I think it releases pheremones or something like that.

Written By: Apricot on 06/14/06 at 10:33 am

1. My top two front teeth are slightly longer then they should be, though it's not noticeable unless I loop up about 75 degrees with my mouth open.
2. I have motion sickness, inherited from my family. However, I have the worst form of anyone in my family, to the extent that walking a tight circle more then twice will cause me great discomfort. Yes, I get very dizzy very easily.
3. I've actually never once addressed a friend's parents by name or title (Mr., Mrs., Dr., etc.)... it's never come up.
4. Every so often, I gain the terrifying ability to rap(freestyle) exceedingly well. However, this only comes in a 15 minute spurt about twice a year. It's scary when it does happen though.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/14/06 at 10:35 am

1. My top two front teeth are slightly longer then they should be, though it's not noticeable unless I loop up about 75 degrees with my mouth open.
2. I have motion sickness, inherited from my family. However, I have the worst form of anyone in my family, to the extent that walking a tight circle more then twice will cause me great discomfort. Yes, I get very dizzy very easily.
3. I've actually never once addressed a friend's parents by name or title (Mr., Mrs., Dr., etc.)... it's never come up.
4. Every so often, I gain the terrifying ability to rap(freestyle) exceedingly well. However, this only comes in a 15 minute spurt about twice a year. It's scary when it does happen though.

Lol...it must be terrifying feeling like you're Eminem!  ;D I'm also not good with motion-sickness either; most amusement park rides make me slightly nauseous - as a kid I used to get sea-sick, car-sick, swing-sick - every kind of 'sick' you can think of, lol. But luckily its much better now.

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/06 at 10:38 am

Yes, don't mind the teenagers who call you a 'weirdo' for singing in public, Bobby! It's been scientifically proven that singing to yourself - indeed singing in general, prolongs ones health. I think it releases pheremones or something like that.

Really? Well . . . Keep on singing, mate - our lives may depend on it.  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/06 at 10:40 am

I understand you. I have a distorted fang towards the left of my mouth. It irritates me a little but I know I can't do anything about it so I don't think about it.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/14/06 at 10:40 am

Really? Well . . . Keep on singing, mate - our lives may depend on it.  ;)

Now that I'm often listening to music on my ipod when going places - I can't but help it!

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/14/06 at 10:41 am

I also have unusually straight, stiff hair. Kind of feels like straw.  :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/06 at 10:42 am

Now that I'm often listening to music on my ipod when going places - I can't but help it!

Ha ha. I recently bought a second-hand MP3 player and I am driving everybody at work batty because I can't seem to listen to a song in silence.  :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/14/06 at 10:45 am

Ha ha. I recently bought a second-hand MP3 player and I am driving everybody at work batty because I can't seem to listen to a song in silence.  :)

LOL  ;D Must be a common thing, since everyone has ipods or other MP3 players these days. I'm sure they'll coin a clever name for it - like the inability to listen to one's ipod privately.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/06 at 10:49 am

LOL  ;D Must be a common thing, since everyone has ipods or other MP3 players these days. I'm sure they'll coin a clever name for it - like the inability to listen to one's ipod privately.  ;D

They'll probably give these special people a name . . . something like 'irritating gits'.  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/14/06 at 10:55 am

They'll probably give these special people a name . . . something like 'irritating gits'.  ;D

I'm sure the ipod has inadvertantly revealed just how bad their musical tastes are.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/06 at 11:05 am

I'm sure the ipod has inadvertantly revealed just how bad their musical tastes are.  ;D

LOL!!! So true.  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/14/06 at 11:17 am

Anyone else care to share?

Written By: Apricot on 06/14/06 at 11:57 am

Lol...it must be terrifying feeling like you're Eminem!  ;D I'm also not good with motion-sickness either; most amusement park rides make me slightly nauseous - as a kid I used to get sea-sick, car-sick, swing-sick - every kind of 'sick' you can think of, lol. But luckily its much better now.

I get 'em all.. I get whole new types too, like turn-sick, spin-sick, watch-other-people-spin-sick, look-at-spinny-rides-sick.  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/14/06 at 12:23 pm

I get 'em all.. I get whole new types too, like turn-sick, spin-sick, watch-other-people-spin-sick, look-at-spinny-rides-sick.  ;D

;D

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/14/06 at 2:02 pm

1. I can suck my own toes and can touch my toes in like, ten different directions.
2. I'm actually a surprisingly great, creative dancer.
3. I can write poetry and plays on command.
4. I can do really great impressions.
5. My fingers are sort of arthritic.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/14/06 at 2:03 pm

Barney says that everyone is special, in their own way.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/14/06 at 2:11 pm

1. I like to sing in public.
2. I can curl my lip up like Elvis.
3. I can think of parody ideas for Nirvana songs with relative ease.
4. I can think up ideas for RPGs, like character professions(fighting & magic classes for instance) with incredible ease.
5. My left thumb is double jointed at the base of the my palm, while the right thumb isn't.

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/06 at 2:12 pm

Barney says that everyone is special, in their own way.

I wonder if the man in the dinosaur outfit feels special.  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/14/06 at 2:15 pm

I wonder if the man in the dinosaur outfit feels special.  ;D

Having that job requires being a very special kind of special.

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/06 at 2:28 pm

Having that job requires being a very special kind of special.

Special needs.  ;D

And the inability to pass out under heavy temperatures.

Written By: jackas on 06/14/06 at 2:34 pm

I like weird smells.  Like when a roof is being tarred, the rubber on a pair of new thongs (shoes), diesel engines, the smell that comes off the street when it first starts to rain, the smell of dust being burnt in the air ducts when you turn the heater on for the first time in the winter and rubbing alcohol.

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/06 at 2:36 pm

I like weird smells.  Like when a roof is being tarred, the rubber on a pair of new thongs (shoes), diesel engines, the smell that comes off the street when it first starts to rain, the smell of dust being burnt in the air ducts when you turn the heater on for the first time in the winter and rubbing alcohol.

You and I share that rather odd quality.

Written By: jackas on 06/14/06 at 2:41 pm

Good, I'm not alone!! :D

People look at me like I'm nuts when I mention that I like one of those smells.

Written By: jackas on 06/14/06 at 2:42 pm

BTW, what is creosote and tarmac? 

Tarmac is cement or black top?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/14/06 at 2:43 pm

I am special because I say so...not what others think.

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/06 at 2:43 pm

When someone is coating their garden fence - I stop and smell for a few seconds, lol.

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/06 at 2:44 pm

BTW, what is creosote and tarmac? 

Tarmac is cement or black top?

creosote is what you paint wooden fences with to waterproof them and tarmac is the black bitty stuff that sticks together to form a road.

Written By: Apricot on 06/14/06 at 2:47 pm

I like weird smells.  Like when a roof is being tarred, the rubber on a pair of new thongs (shoes), diesel engines, the smell that comes off the street when it first starts to rain, the smell of dust being burnt in the air ducts when you turn the heater on for the first time in the winter and rubbing alcohol.

Burning wood and gasoline are both quite nice to me.. is that unusual?

Written By: jackas on 06/14/06 at 2:47 pm

creosote is what you paint wooden fences with to waterproof them and tarmac is the black bitty stuff that sticks together to form a road.

Ok, I think the only time we use the word tarmac here is for an airport runway.....which are usually cement.  I think we say asphalt or black top for the black bitty stuff. ;D  Interesting!

Written By: jackas on 06/14/06 at 2:49 pm

Wood alone, I wouldn't think so, but if you are talking about the mixture of the two, probably.

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/06 at 2:49 pm

Ok, I think the only time we use the word tarmac here is for an airport runway.....which are usually cement.  I think we say asphalt or black top for the black bitty stuff. ;D  Interesting!

There you go. Stick that in the 'We learn something new everyday' thread.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/14/06 at 2:59 pm

I love the smell of wood burning!  :)

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/06 at 3:00 pm

I love the smell of wood burning!  :)

Arsonist!  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/14/06 at 3:08 pm

Arsonist!  ;D

ROFL!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/14/06 at 4:19 pm

I'm very funny
I have a good personality
I'm a good friend

:)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/14/06 at 5:29 pm

I'm Donnie Darko!  :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/14/06 at 5:36 pm

1. I have no thyroid - woo hoo  ;D
2. I have a crooked pinky finger that curves in. It's inherited from my mom's side. Her brother has it, she has it, his daugher has it - very strange!
3. I love weird smells, too. I LOVE the smell of freshly printed receipts or paper of any kind.
4. I like to clean and organize until I drop from exhaustion.
5. I enjoy a good, rollicking laugh at my own expense  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/15/06 at 2:36 am

I'm very funny
I have a good personality
I'm a good friend

:)

You sure do, Howard!

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 5:17 am

So how do you cope without it?

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/15/06 at 5:20 am

2. I have a crooked pinky finger that curves in. It's inherited from my mom's side. Her brother has it, she has it, his daugher has it - very strange!
3. I love weird smells, too. I LOVE the smell of freshly printed receipts or paper of any kind.
4. I like to clean and organize until I drop from exhaustion.
5. I enjoy a good, rollicking laugh at my own expense  ;D

I love the smell of wood (even non-scented) or paper burning...such a homely, cleansing smell...

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/15/06 at 5:59 am

Oh yeah, most of my fingers are weirdly curved from having broken most of them at one point. I hold the pencil/pen very strangely. Either my mother or I are slightly colorblind...I see certain greens as dark blue.

Written By: jackas on 06/15/06 at 7:00 am

This reminds me...does anyone remember the copy machines they used a long time ago in school, they had a hand crank and they printed everything in blue.  The teacher would copy a worksheet for the class and when she handed it out the paper would still be damp from being copied.  I used to love the smell of that ink.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/15/06 at 12:18 pm

So how do you cope without it?

I take a daily supplement.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/15/06 at 12:19 pm

OMG, I have the same thing!  On both pinkies!  And my son has also inherited it from me!

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 12:26 pm

I take a daily supplement.

So if you didn't take the supplement, would you feel very lethargic?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/15/06 at 12:28 pm

This reminds me...does anyone remember the copy machines they used a long time ago in school, they had a hand crank and they printed everything in blue.  The teacher would copy a worksheet for the class and when she handed it out the paper would still be damp from being copied.  I used to love the smell of that ink.

I totally remember those. I always wondered why they were blue (or more like a purple/blue). I LOVED that smell. I actually used to sniff them the minute she gave them to us and I think the kids thought I was a little cuckoo.  ;D I can still smell them to this day. I never realised they actually used a crank machine to make the copies. I always wondered where they made them because it seemed like this deep dark secret they wanted to keep hidden  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/15/06 at 12:29 pm

So if you didn't take the supplement, would you feel very lethargic?

I'd actually go into a coma if I didn't take the supplement for a long period of time.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/15/06 at 12:33 pm

OMG, I have the same thing!  On both pinkies!  And my son has also inherited it from me!

How WEIRD! I have never met someone else outside of family who had it. Maybe I'll take a picture of mine one of these days.. it's not half as severe as my Uncle and his daughter's pinky. There's literally look whacked out!
Does this mean we're special?  ;D And, are we related?  :o

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/15/06 at 12:38 pm

How WEIRD! I have never met someone else outside of family who had it. Maybe I'll take a picture of mine one of these days.. it's not half as severe as my Uncle and his daughter's pinky. There's literally look whacked out!

Mine aren't too noticable unless you look really closely.  But if I put my pinkies together, hands turned in toward me, they almost form a 'Y'... :o

Does this mean we're special?  ;D

You betcha!  ;)

And, are we related?  :o

Good question...  :D

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 12:38 pm

I'd actually go into a coma if I didn't take the supplement for a long period of time.

Oh dear. Well . . . we can't have that. Keep taking the supplements, young lady.  ;)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/15/06 at 12:45 pm

Mine aren't too noticable unless you look really closely.  But if I put my pinkies together, hands turned in toward me, they almost form a 'Y'... :o

You betcha!  ;)

Good question...  :D

Yeah, same here. Just have to compare my right with my left hand, and you can tell the pinky on my right is definetly more curved inward.

Wow, I bet that's interesting to look at (the "Y" effect).

Yeah, somewhere down the line, some bloke got the genetic effect of a crooked pinky and we need to track him down  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/15/06 at 12:50 pm

I can take off my head...

and so can my dad...

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 12:52 pm

and so can my dad...

LOL!!!

There's always one to push a concept too far . . .  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/15/06 at 12:54 pm

Yeah, same here. Just have to compare my right with my left hand, and you can tell the pinky on my right is definetly more curved inward.

The curve on mine are about the same.  :)

Wow, I bet that's interesting to look at (the "Y" effect).

Kinda.  My husband likes to tease me about it at times.  ::) ;D

Yeah, somewhere down the line, some bloke got the genetic effect of a crooked pinky and we need to track him down  ;D

I'm curious...what is your heritage?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/15/06 at 12:55 pm

Oh dear. Well . . . we can't have that. Keep taking the supplements, young lady.  ;)

Yes, I will.  ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/15/06 at 12:57 pm

Ah, me too. Like.. when I got my new MP3 player, it smelled real strong like... I'm not sure, but I couldn't stop smelling it, and my sister hated the smell.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/15/06 at 1:07 pm

and so can my dad...

That's something I need to see.  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/15/06 at 1:08 pm

The curve on mine are about the same.  :)

Kinda.  My husband likes to tease me about it at times.  ::) ;D

I'm curious...what is your heritage?

That's too funny  ;D

I'm mostly German. And then I have English, Scottish and Irish. (this is primarily my mom's side, as I didn't get this from my dad's side)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/15/06 at 1:10 pm

I'm Donnie Darko!  :)

I'm Step-chan! :)

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 1:33 pm

I'm Step-chan! :)

I'm Bobby.

Nah nah na-na nah!  ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 06/15/06 at 1:35 pm

I'm Bobby.

Nah nah na-na nah!  ;D

;D :D ;)

Written By: KKay on 06/15/06 at 1:36 pm

I can dislocate my shoulders.
I am a good cook.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/15/06 at 1:52 pm

That's too funny  ;D

I'm mostly German. And then I have English, Scottish and Irish. (this is primarily my mom's side, as I didn't get this from my dad's side)

I'm not sure who I got it from.  As far as I know, I'm the only one in my family who has this.

I'm Norwegian/English/Scottish  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 3:02 pm

You sure do, Howard!

Thanks Man.  ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/15/06 at 3:22 pm

I am a good cook.

I think I'm a pretty good cook, too.  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 3:43 pm

I can do voices

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 3:50 pm

I can do voices

I can hear voices

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 3:53 pm

I can hear voices

Really? :o

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 3:54 pm

Really? :o

They keep telling me to do bad things.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 3:57 pm

They keep telling me to do bad things.

Why not good things?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/15/06 at 4:00 pm

I see dead people.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 4:01 pm

I see dead people.

How is that possible?

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 4:02 pm

Why not good things?

The voices want me to be bad.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 4:03 pm

The voices want me to be bad.

But your pictures of you look happy

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 4:03 pm

But your pictures of you look happy

Oh Howard.  ;D

I am joking with you. I didn't have the heart to carry on, lol.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 4:05 pm

Oh Howard.  ;D

I am joking with you. I didn't have the heart to carry on, lol.

That's Ok. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/15/06 at 4:25 pm

I am compassionate
I am witty (at least I try to be)
I am honest
I am intellegent

I can hear voices

You may be able to hear them but you are just jealous because the voices talk to ME.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/15/06 at 5:14 pm

I can dislocate my shoulders.
I am a good cook.

The second part reminds me of those "self-esteem" tapes...

"Repeat after me: I am a good person."
"I am a good person."
"I am a good cook."
"I am a good cook..."

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 5:14 pm

You may be able to hear them but you are just jealous because the voices talk to ME.  :D ;D ;D

Yeah, on their psychotic telephones.  ::) ;) ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/15/06 at 7:41 pm

I'm not sure who I got it from.  As far as I know, I'm the only one in my family who has this.

I'm Norwegian/English/Scottish  :)

Maybe it's the English in us, or Scottish..  :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/15/06 at 7:49 pm

I'm both of those :D

I don't have curved in pinkies?

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 7:57 pm

I'm English and I haven't got bent fingers (though by rights I should with the amount of typing I do, lol).

Written By: CeeKay on 06/15/06 at 11:10 pm

I can pick up coins off a sidewalk with my toes.  :P

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/15/06 at 11:39 pm

Handy ability!

Or should I say... footy ability?!

:D yeah that was cheezy.

Written By: KKay on 06/16/06 at 10:26 am

Me too.. .It runs in the family.  We are quite primative.  :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/16/06 at 10:41 am

Well, let's see here... *whips out list*

No, actually quite the contrary. The only things I can think of is that I have an odd obsession with cleaning things that aren't my room, I have a mild case of OCD, and I like to pick stickers off of things. I also can't watch television unless the volume is on an even number... it drives me crazy, if it's not.

Uh.. perhaps there's more. I just can't think of anything at the moment.

Written By: Apricot on 06/16/06 at 10:46 am

No, actually quite the contrary. The only things I can think of is that I have an odd obsession with cleaning things that aren't my room, I have a mild case of OCD, and I like to pick stickers off of things. I also can't watch television unless the volume is on an even number... it drives me crazy, if it's not.

I tend to do that with stuff.. I go into stores and re-arrange shelves into interesting displays.. I tend to arrange things into pyramids. I used to HATE going into music stores, cause I'd never be done re-sorting the CDs to their right alphabetical positions, and putting better CDs up for the display instead of ones that sucked. I was only ever confronted one time.. every other time I was thanked. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/16/06 at 10:54 am

I FORGOT to mention that I have a really good memory.  :D ;D ;D

Actually, it is true. I do have a good memory.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/16/06 at 3:24 pm

I'm able to be sympathetic and empathetic to women.  :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/17/06 at 1:22 am

Well, let's see here... *whips out list*

Uh.. perhaps there's more. I just can't think of anything at the moment.

Lol, I also have itchy fingers. I like to peel stickers, pluck at styrofoam.etc.

Written By: Howard on 06/18/06 at 8:35 am

I'm able to comfort someone in any time of need.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/18/06 at 11:03 am

I tend to do that with stuff.. I go into stores and re-arrange shelves into interesting displays.. I tend to arrange things into pyramids. I used to HATE going into music stores, cause I'd never be done re-sorting the CDs to their right alphabetical positions, and putting better CDs up for the display instead of ones that sucked. I was only ever confronted one time.. every other time I was thanked. ;D

Haha, I do that sometimes too... at least I put CD's with the right artist. I also like to move better CD's in the front of the shelves instead of sucky ones...

Written By: jackas on 06/18/06 at 9:54 pm

I thought of some more weird smells that I like.  Jet exhaust and new tires.  There's nothing like walking into a tire store a taking a big whiff. :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/18/06 at 10:09 pm

I like the scent of odd things too...such as: gasoline, permanant markers, those brown gummy erasers that break apart easily, etc..

I like the taste of chalk

I am totally left-handed

I have naturally curly hair (that used to be very straight, until I hit puberty)

I can crack my wrists over and over again

I am a pretty good poet (whenever I actually take the time to write)

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/18/06 at 11:07 pm

Yo, me too! I need to, becuase I've got sore wrists...

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/18/06 at 11:15 pm

I like the scent of odd things too...such as: gasoline, permanant markers, those brown gummy erasers that break apart easily, etc..

I like the taste of chalk

I am totally left-handed

I have naturally curly hair (that used to be very straight, until I hit puberty)

I am a pretty good poet (whenever I actually take the time to write)

??? Now that is a little disturbing. You don't actually eat the stuff, do you?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/18/06 at 11:17 pm

Dammit, man, change that avatar, post-haste!

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/18/06 at 11:26 pm

Looks like a sheet with red makeup...

Written By: La Roche on 06/19/06 at 12:01 am

I like the smell of fertilizer.. real... fertilizer.. i.e cow shi.t.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/19/06 at 7:21 am

heh, no....never....how could I..er, that would be horrible!! LOL! ;D :D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/19/06 at 10:14 am

heh, no....never....how could I..er, that would be horrible!! LOL! ;D :D

Lol...so you just lick it like a lollipop then?  ;) ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/19/06 at 10:14 am

Lol...so you just lick it like a lollipop then?  ;) ;D

no way, Jose'! LOL! ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/19/06 at 10:15 am

Make me!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif

Written By: La Roche on 06/19/06 at 10:21 am

Make me!

Uh oh.. you've done it now.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/19/06 at 10:22 am

Uh oh.. you've done it now.

Oooh, I'm shakin' in my boots!  :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/19/06 at 10:31 am

Make me!

*Castrates you with shards of.. EVIL..!*

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/19/06 at 10:33 am

*Castrates you with shards of.. EVIL..!*

Evil does nothing to Pennywise the Clown...Arghhh ahahaha!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/19/06 at 10:34 am

Evil does nothing to Pennywise the Clown...Arghhh ahahaha!

:\'( You're right. *runs away*

Written By: La Roche on 06/19/06 at 10:34 am

Step aside girly.

*Eats the clown.*

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/19/06 at 10:36 am

Please don't run away.  :\'( I'm not that scary...it's just that people don't understand me. Nooo...please don't go, I need attention!!!

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/19/06 at 10:37 am

I just want to be your friend.  :-*

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/19/06 at 10:38 am

Step aside girly.

*Eats the clown.*

If you eat me, I just take over your body and possess your soul.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/burnbg.gif

Written By: Gis on 06/19/06 at 10:39 am

Does this mean we're special?  ;D And, are we related?  :o
I too have crooked fingers and toes, also inherited from my dad. My ring finger actually curves in and overlaps my midle finger when I hold my hands out straight !!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/19/06 at 10:40 am

Please don't run away.  :\'( I'm not that scary...it's just that people don't understand me. Nooo...please don't go, I need attention!!!

I know, and I'm sorry..  I ..I suppose I can give you a chance *places paper bag on your head*

If you eat me, I just take over your body and possess your soul. *grins evilly and maniacally*

Well, THAT wasn't very nice..! See, this is exactly what I'm talking about!! Dammit, Forget what I said earlier, you've done cooked your goose!

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/19/06 at 10:41 am

I too have crooked fingers and toes, also inherited from my dad. My ring finger actually curves in and overlaps my midle finger when I hold my hands out straight !!

I do too! I just realised it when I spreaded my palms out.

Written By: La Roche on 06/19/06 at 10:42 am

You have no idea who you're going to have to fight to possess my body chief.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/19/06 at 10:47 am

I know, and I'm sorry..  I ..I suppose I can give you a chance *places paper bag on your head*

Well, THAT wasn't very nice..! See, this is exactly what I'm talking about!! Dammit, Forget what I said earlier, you've done cooked your goose!

Breathes fire...reducing the paper bag to cinder

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/19/06 at 11:54 am

Wow, that's interesting!

Written By: Apricot on 06/19/06 at 12:11 pm

Haha, I do that sometimes too... at least I put CD's with the right artist. I also like to move better CD's in the front of the shelves instead of sucky ones...

Same here. There were, like, 30 copies of Eminem's last album in this one display case.. by the time I left, there were only 15, and they formed a pyramid shap. The rest were, like, Depeche Mode, Beck, etc. The guy at the store said "I'd ask you to leave or fix it, but it looks like you put some real though into this.. though I must say, Depeche Mode seems out of place on a big cardboard display labeled "EMINEM: CURTAIN CALL"

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/19/06 at 12:59 pm

Same here. There were, like, 30 copies of Eminem's last album in this one display case.. by the time I left, there were only 15, and they formed a pyramid shap. The rest were, like, Depeche Mode, Beck, etc. The guy at the store said "I'd ask you to leave or fix it, but it looks like you put some real though into this.. though I must say, Depeche Mode seems out of place on a big cardboard display labeled "EMINEM: CURTAIN CALL"

I've tried organising my library by artist - needless to say, I wasn't Obsessive compulsive enough to keep it up...

Written By: KKay on 06/19/06 at 1:43 pm

Being 38-30-38.

Written By: Howard on 06/19/06 at 4:16 pm

LIAR! ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/20/06 at 10:19 pm

LIAR! ;D

What, you doubt my ability to do as I say I will?

Written By: Howard on 06/21/06 at 4:55 pm

What, you doubt my ability to do as I say I will?

I don't believe you.

Written By: JohnDenver on 06/22/06 at 5:08 pm

Everyone on earth, deep down inside, is, or has the potential to become, what I am. That is a scary thought.

Written By: CeeKay on 06/22/06 at 5:35 pm

Everyone on earth, deep down inside, is, or has the potential to become, what I am. That is a scary thought.

That's a curious comment.  No one can be just like you (imo).

Written By: Howard on 06/22/06 at 5:43 pm

I'm a funny down to earth guy

Written By: La Roche on 06/22/06 at 8:26 pm

They say everywhere this is a perfect partner for everyone.... I worry, 'cus she's gonna kill me.

Written By: Howard on 06/23/06 at 3:22 pm

I'm caring and thoughtful

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/23/06 at 3:27 pm

Tamara :)

Written By: Howard on 06/23/06 at 3:34 pm

Tamara :)

Who's She?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/23/06 at 3:34 pm

Who's She?

A person I love :)

Written By: Howard on 06/23/06 at 3:35 pm

A person I love :)

Girlfriend?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/23/06 at 3:36 pm

Girlfriend?

That's what I'm working on. She takes patience. ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/23/06 at 3:36 pm

That's what I'm working on. She takes patience. ;)

Good Luck. ;)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/23/06 at 3:37 pm

Good Luck. ;)

Thanks. She's wonderful :)

Written By: Howard on 06/23/06 at 3:38 pm

Thanks. She's wonderful :)

I'm sure she is.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/24/06 at 3:31 am

Who's She?

Don't ask him, I'm warning you... ;D ;D ;D

Written By: jackas on 06/24/06 at 4:33 am

Too late!  Maybe you could be a dear and post a link to one of the other threads that has the explaination. ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/24/06 at 4:43 am

Too late!  Maybe you could be a dear and post a link to one of the other threads that has the explaination. ;D

Okay, I've warned you. If you want to listen to his gushing til Christmas, lol.

(no offence DD, if you're reading)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/24/06 at 3:06 pm

Okay, I've warned you. If you want to listen to his gushing til Christmas, lol.

(no offence DD, if you're reading)

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/24/06 at 4:13 pm

I can do that with my right ankle (and my jaw thanks to a TMJ problem).

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/24/06 at 5:06 pm

Cat

Ooh, my jaw, too.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/24/06 at 8:33 pm

Cat

oh gosh, speaking of a cracking jaw...Beth does that all the time...it's creepy! LOL! ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/25/06 at 11:04 am

oh gosh, speaking of a cracking jaw...Beth does that all the time...it's creepy! LOL! ;D

Beth is a creepy character.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/darkangel.gif

Written By: KKay on 06/25/06 at 11:59 am

never ending patience at work

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/25/06 at 12:05 pm

never ending patience at work

Let me guess, you're a Taurus?  ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/25/06 at 5:17 pm

I already did

Written By: KKay on 06/25/06 at 7:12 pm

Let me guess, you're a Taurus?  ;)

No! Sagittarius! That's what makes it so strange!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/25/06 at 9:30 pm

Beth is a creepy character.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/darkangel.gif

And YOU'RE a lesbian WHOREBAG!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/25/06 at 9:32 pm

gotta love my sister...so blunt and to the point! ;D

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/06 at 9:33 pm

What is the difference between a lesbian WHOREBAG and a regular WHOREBAG? :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/25/06 at 9:34 pm

What is the difference between a lesbian WHOREBAG and a regular WHOREBAG? :D

...Er, Well..

YOU JUST STAY OUT OF THIS, DOG!!!!111onoenoen

Written By: Apricot on 06/25/06 at 9:36 pm

...Er, Well..

YOU JUST STAY OUT OF THIS, DOG!!!!111onoenoen

DOG?!?!?! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/TheMoonandAntarctica/BoxerLOL.jpg

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/25/06 at 9:43 pm

DOG?!?!?! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/TheMoonandAntarctica/BoxerLOL.jpg

http://www.accesswave.ca/~rclancey/lmao.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/06 at 9:59 pm

"Well, isn't that special!"

http://uplink.space.com/attachments/344129-church_lady.jpg

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/25/06 at 10:27 pm

Yes, it's true, I like women.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/25/06 at 10:28 pm

And you're a whorebag. And a woman. With a vagina. Three and a half of them.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/25/06 at 10:29 pm

^such a little lady, eh? LOL! ;D :D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/25/06 at 10:41 pm

And you're a whorebag. And a woman. With a vagina. Three and a half of them.

Yeah, I'm also a weight-lifter with more machismo than Arnold Scwarzenegger. I could handle three of you...So don't get smart, Missy.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/25/06 at 10:43 pm

Yeah, I'm also a weight-lifter with more machismo than Arnold Scwarzenegger. I could handle three of you...So don't get smart, Missy.

Bring

Ittttt

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/25/06 at 10:45 pm

Oh, I'll bring it alright, you better be ready...

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/25/06 at 10:46 pm

Boy this is fun, innit? :D ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 06/25/06 at 10:58 pm

1. I write and cut w/scissors left-handed, but do most everything else right-handed, and there are several things I can do with either.

2. I have never had heartburn or a bloody nose, and haven't had the flu in about 25 years.

3. I cannot frown.

4. I like to lay on the floor (carpeted) when I take a nap.

5. I laugh at other people's minor misfortunes.

My few OCD qualities:

I can't stand when one of my shirts has halfway fallen off the hanger

When I buy magazines or other things that are stacked on shelves, I never take the top/front one, I always pull one from the middle.

I am obsessed with checking the date on food in my refrigerator/cabinets, especially milk.

Written By: mugg on 06/25/06 at 11:03 pm

riding the short bus

Written By: Howard on 06/26/06 at 4:51 pm

Me Too

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/26/06 at 8:35 pm

Me Too

8)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/26/06 at 8:37 pm

8)

:D

Written By: jackas on 06/26/06 at 9:15 pm

:D
:-X

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/26/06 at 9:38 pm

:-X

???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/26/06 at 9:42 pm

???

http://images.myspacedirect.com/media/funny/91.gif

Written By: jackas on 06/26/06 at 9:47 pm

Damn, you're of fire with the dance gif's tonight! ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/26/06 at 9:48 pm

Damn, you're of fire with the dance gif's tonight! ;D

yes!!! I was in a real sheeshty mood...but I found a bunch of them...and they are cheering me up! LOLOL! :D ;D

Written By: jackas on 06/26/06 at 9:49 pm

yes!!! I was in a real sheeshty mood...but I found a bunch of them...and they are cheering me up! LOLOL! :D ;D

Oh, I'm glad! :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/26/06 at 9:59 pm

Oh.. oh my Lord! *stabs eyes*

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/26/06 at 10:02 pm

Oh.. oh my Lord! *stabs eyes*

bhahaahaah!!! ;D :D

http://images.myspacedirect.com/media/funny/2.gif

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/26/06 at 10:04 pm

It's a good thing I stabbed my eyes in time, so I'm not able to see that HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE IMAGE YOU MOST LIKELY JUST POSTED!

Written By: jackas on 06/26/06 at 10:04 pm

Oh nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :D :D :D ;D ;D

That chicks hands bug me. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/26/06 at 10:09 pm

Oh nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :D :D :D ;D ;D

That chicks hands bug me. ;D

does she have an Aunt Jamima face? ??? ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/26/06 at 10:12 pm

I thought it was Whoopi Goldberg D=

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/26/06 at 10:17 pm

hahahahaa ;D ;D ;D

Written By: jackas on 06/26/06 at 10:27 pm

Well if Marsh was hear he'd say you all were racist! ;D

Written By: whistledog on 06/26/06 at 10:29 pm

Maybe she's winding up her hips to get ready for all the sex she's gonna have with Uncle Ben :D

Written By: jackas on 06/26/06 at 10:31 pm

It must be Aunt Jemima...

http://sidesalad.net/archives/AuntJemima.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/26/06 at 10:33 pm

Maybe she's winding up her hips to get ready for all the sex she's gonna have with Uncle Ben :D

OMFG..... I cannot quit laughing!!! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 06/26/06 at 10:49 pm

What makes me special???

Well, if you must know...

I believe I am a BADTZ MARU now!

Written By: whistledog on 06/26/06 at 10:50 pm

OMFG..... I cannot quit laughing!!! ;D ;D ;D

Rice and Pancakes don't normally mix, but apparently Aunt Jemima can do miraculous things with syrup ;D

Written By: Apricot on 06/26/06 at 10:51 pm

What makes me special???

Well, if you must know...

I believe I am a BADTZ MARU now!

NO WAY, YOU'RE A RED BAR?!?!?!

Ha, that damned glow shows up as a bar in FireFox.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/26/06 at 10:52 pm

Rice and Pancakes don't normally mix, but apparently Aunt Jemima can do miraculous things with syrup ;D

she a hoe.

Written By: whistledog on 06/26/06 at 10:54 pm

she a hoe.

She was caught pouring her syrup over Betty Crocker

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/27/06 at 2:45 am

I have a special purpose

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/27/06 at 11:43 am

She was caught pouring her syrup over Betty Crocker

you are so funny! where do you come up with these things, Jason? LOL! ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/27/06 at 1:08 pm

I have a special purpose

You and Navin Johnson?  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/27/06 at 1:10 pm

I can parody sometimes.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/27/06 at 1:11 pm

I can parody sometimes.

Parody what?
Songs?

Written By: Howard on 06/27/06 at 1:12 pm

It must be Aunt Jemima...

http://sidesalad.net/archives/AuntJemima.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/ladydaventry/uncle_ben.jpg

And don't forget Uncle Ben.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/27/06 at 1:13 pm

Parody what?
Songs?

Yes,songs.If I hear a song,I'll make fun of it.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/09/06 at 6:15 am

bump

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/09/06 at 10:07 am

I may be the only person who's holding in his feces and is worried it may burst out any moment right now.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/09/06 at 11:25 am

I may be the only person who's holding in his feces and is worried it may burst out any moment right now.

We really didn't need to know that.  :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/09/06 at 11:33 am

Not every thought that runs through your head needs to be typed out.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/09/06 at 11:49 am

It's called Stream of Consciousness...that's very hipster of you, Dominic (isn't Dominic such a Hipster name?)  ;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/09/06 at 11:51 am

It's called Stream of Consciousness...that's very hipster of you, Dominic (isn't Dominic such a Hipster name?)  ;)

I've written in Stream of Consciousness before but none of it had to do with telling strangers online about my feces problem.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/09/06 at 11:52 am

I've written in Stream of Consciousness before but none of it had to do with telling strangers online about my feces problem.

Dominic was just being obnoxious...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/09/06 at 11:53 am

Dominic was just being obnoxious...

No sh*t. 

Stuff like that just annoys me; I don't need to know about peoples' bowels.

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/09/06 at 3:59 pm

Well isn't that special?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/djmidas96/churchlady.jpg

Written By: PaperGirl on 07/09/06 at 4:01 pm

EEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!  Satan! 

I'm special cause my mommy told me so.

Written By: La Roche on 07/10/06 at 7:04 am

Because I roll my eyes back in my head and recite Satanic Verses when I'm on the subway.

Written By: KKay on 07/10/06 at 9:51 am

i can yodel.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/10/06 at 11:37 am

Because I roll my eyes back in my head and recite Satanic Verses when I'm on the subway.

Now THAT would be fun to see.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/10/06 at 11:38 am

i can yodel.

That'll come in handy! :D

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/boojispud/Y.jpg

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/10/06 at 11:39 am

Yes, because people certainly didn't stream conciousness before hipsters were around.. Yanno, I REALLY gotta look up hipster... :/

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/10/06 at 11:40 am

Yes, because people certainly didn't stream conciousness before hipsters were around.. Yanno, I REALLY gotta look up hipster... :/

Hipster... Noun...
One who is exceptionally aware of or interested in the latest trends and tastes, especially a devotee of modern jazz.

Well, I'm not exceptionally aware of or interested in the latest trends and tastes... However, I like modern jazz, but am certainly no devotee!

Written By: Ebontyne on 07/10/06 at 12:16 pm

I have a little olive-coloured oval patch on my torso, full of dark freckles. It looks like a little speckled egg. :)

Written By: Apricot on 07/10/06 at 12:28 pm

I HAVE HEMMORHOIDS!!

Written By: Howard on 07/10/06 at 4:27 pm

I HAVE HEMMORHOIDS!!

Is that what makes you special?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/10/06 at 5:52 pm

Is that what makes you special?

Yes. That and pimp-walking.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/10/06 at 7:10 pm

I'm double jointed

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/10/06 at 7:43 pm

because somebody special likes me  ::) 

and I have a jacked up foot  ;D  my 2nd toe next to my big toe is longer than the big toe.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/11/06 at 1:12 pm

I could list all my physical (and mental) imperfections, but it would take me all night to type them (and just as long for you to read them)...

One of my ear sticks out, the other one doesn't...

Can't quite think of anything else major atm...

Written By: CeeKay on 07/11/06 at 1:22 pm

and I have a jacked up foot  ;D  my 2nd toe next to my big toe is longer than the big toe.

That's funny  ;D.  A boyfriend once told me I had perfect "beach feet" -- meaning my feet actually looked good w/out shoes on them (apparently a rare thing?)

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/11/06 at 1:28 pm

That's funny  ;D.  A boyfriend once told me I had perfect "beach feet" -- meaning my feet actually looked good w/out shoes on them (apparently a rare thing?)

lol...that IS something to boast about...feet aren't the most attractive part of the human anatomy.

Written By: Howard on 07/11/06 at 1:41 pm

I'm double jointed

So that means you can lift your legs over your shoulders?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/11/06 at 7:35 pm

So that means you can lift your legs over your shoulders?

perv.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/11/06 at 8:07 pm

I'm getting a bad mental image now.

Perv.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/11/06 at 8:31 pm

Perv.

Snap.

You Win. :(

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/11/06 at 8:36 pm

...? Admitting defeat already?

Yes. Back up off my kool-aid, son!

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/11/06 at 8:47 pm

Yes. Back up off my kool-aid, son!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/djmidas96/koolaidman.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 07/11/06 at 8:49 pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/djmidas96/koolaidman.jpg

I guess you haven't heard the news ...

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/kpatch419/KoolAidMan_Thumbnail.jpg

;D

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/11/06 at 8:50 pm

;D

No way, man.  Kool-Aid rocks.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/11/06 at 8:50 pm

;D

Muahahahahaha!!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/11/06 at 8:51 pm

;D

the poor dear! :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 07/11/06 at 8:58 pm

http://flipsiderunner.com/7800/fakekoolaid.jpg

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/11/06 at 9:27 pm

http://flipsiderunner.com/7800/fakekoolaid.jpg

Did they make that for the 2600?  If so, I can probably find that for my emulator.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/11/06 at 10:31 pm

it was really funny 2 years ago on vacation when my daughter & her friends made jest of it  >:(

I'm not much on feet, in fact I'm usually repulsed by them  ;D,  however perfect "beach feet"  would be worth seeing. I think you should post a pic of these "beach feet" CeeKay, because it is a rare thing for feet to be cute IMO  8) 

Written By: whistledog on 07/11/06 at 10:32 pm

Did they make that for the 2600?  If so, I can probably find that for my emulator.

It is available on the 2600 yes.  They also made it for the 5200 and the Atari XE

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/11/06 at 10:33 pm

I start 20 topics a day. And I also can catch poisonous snakes using my bare feet. And, according to President of the Spam Council (PSC), I'm a spammer...and I capture rascally Dalmatians and sell them to be skinned and made into fur coats with my two cockney henchmen.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/11/06 at 10:38 pm

I start 20 topics a day. 

Ah, that doesn't make you special. Donnie Darko does the same thing!

Written By: Jessica on 07/11/06 at 10:39 pm

I start 20 topics a day. And I also can catch poisonous snakes using my bare feet. And, according to President of the Spam Council (PSC), I'm a spammer...and I capture rascally Dalmatians and sell them to be skinned and made into fur coats with my two cockney henchmen.

Jesus crotch grabbing Christ, can't we keep the snarky comments confined to one thread?

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/11/06 at 10:40 pm

Ah, that doesn't make you special. Donnie Darko does the same thing!

Well, it's actually 3 per day, on average. And I put my whole heart and soul into them. You know, I could be saving the rainforest or something and I choose to post about pop culture...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/11/06 at 10:41 pm

You know, I could be saving the rainforest or something and I choose to post about pop culture...

Well, at least you have your priorities straight.

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/11/06 at 10:48 pm

Well, at least you have your priorities straight.

I have decided to go into a career in spam.

http://www.kimberlyblessing.com/photos/d/861-2/IMG_0748.jpg

This is the spam factory, where I will be spending most of my time from now on.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/11/06 at 10:50 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5m1lcLREJCYBeKmjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=1236i0973/EXP=1152762341/**http%3a//www.njn.net/kids/shows/images/barney.jpg

you're special, special, everyone is special.  Everyone in his and her own way.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/11/06 at 10:51 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5m1lcLREJCYBeKmjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=1236i0973/EXP=1152762341/**http%3a//www.njn.net/kids/shows/images/barney.jpg

ahhh!!! It's EFFIN' Barney!!! :o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/11/06 at 11:00 pm

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/A_VictimOfYou/waaaa.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/11/06 at 11:06 pm

ahhh!!! It's EFFIN' Barney!!! :o
indeed it is, that deranged dinosaur  ;D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/A_VictimOfYou/waaaa.jpg
hey!!! whatchu frowning at Barney for, you know you got some VHS tapes somewhere at your moms house that you used to watch  ;D  dont'cha?

Written By: CeeKay on 07/12/06 at 12:14 am

it was really funny 2 years ago on vacation when my daughter & her friends made jest of it  >:(

I'm not much on feet, in fact I'm usually repulsed by them  ;D,  however perfect "beach feet"  would be worth seeing. I think you should post a pic of these "beach feet" CeeKay, because it is a rare thing for feet to be cute IMO  8) 

Hmmm...I might do that.  But I'll wait until I'm at the beach -- in another week and a half.  KK and I will have a variety of photos to post after our vacation together.

Keep in mind though....my feet might have been "cute" when I was 18 but now....almost 30 years later...perhaps they are better described as "proportionate"  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/12/06 at 12:17 am

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs away crying*

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/12/06 at 2:05 am

Barnie isn't just my fwend, he's my bestest buddy!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/12/06 at 3:24 am

Hmmm...I might do that.  But I'll wait until I'm at the beach -- in another week and a half.  KK and I will have a variety of photos to post after our vacation together.

Keep in mind though....my feet might have been "cute" when I was 18 but now....almost 30 years later...perhaps they are better described as "proportionate"  ;D
as long as they've been pedicured, toenails painted, gold anklet & toe rings are ok too.  what is the definition of "proportionate"  ;D 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs away crying*
no wait, he's harmless, it's just some nerd in a purple dinosaur costume. He's not going to eat you  :o 

Barnie isn't just my fwend, he's my bestest buddy!

Trimac20 remembers his daytime buddy and I bet he knows all the songs by heart. That makes him special.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/12/06 at 8:25 am

as long as they've been pedicured, toenails painted, gold anklet & toe rings are ok too.  what is the definition of "proportionate"  ;D 
no wait, he's harmless, it's just some nerd in a purple dinosaur costume. He's not going to eat you  :o 
Trimac20 remembers his daytime buddy and I bet he knows all the songs by heart. That makes him special.

All pure-hearted children are special to Barney.

Written By: KKay on 07/12/06 at 8:37 am

Cant' wait!!!!!
Con...Rockin' Cool Avatar!!!!!

Written By: Howard on 07/12/06 at 5:22 pm

Barney never made me special

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/16/06 at 12:19 pm

Barney never made me special

Barney made me feel gay

Written By: Howard on 07/17/06 at 5:32 pm

Barney made me feel gay

Bert and Ernie made me feel special

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/19/06 at 8:58 am

Bert and Ernie made me feel special

They've been making many little boys and girl feel special for nigh on 30 years...

Written By: KKay on 07/19/06 at 9:44 am

I use my toes.

Written By: CeeKay on 07/19/06 at 9:45 am

I use my toes.

Good one!  (me too)

Written By: La Roche on 07/19/06 at 9:48 am

I use my toes.

To do things?

I turn on taps, turn on fans, TV's, VCR's, the computer etc with my toes.

My big.. weird ass... fred flintstone toes.  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/19/06 at 9:49 am

I use my toes.

What purpose do toes serve, anyway?

Written By: KKay on 07/19/06 at 9:49 am

I use my toes.

Good one!  (me too)

I was hoping you'd see that! ;D

Written By: La Roche on 07/19/06 at 9:52 am

Balance chief.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/19/06 at 9:58 am

Balance chief.

..apparently some peoples toes curl, though I've never actually seen it myself  ;D

Written By: CeeKay on 07/19/06 at 10:05 am

Why bend down to pick stuff up when you can use your toes?

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/19/06 at 10:11 am

Exactly.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/19/06 at 10:25 am

Well yeah, there are many things you can't pick up with your toes.

Written By: CeeKay on 07/19/06 at 10:40 am

Well yeah, there are many things you can't pick up with your toes.

And that's the fun!  There are many things *you* can't pick up with your toes.  But with years of practice....  ;D ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/19/06 at 11:06 am

I am able to pick my nose with my toes

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/19/06 at 11:07 am

Wow, that really IS special

Written By: CeeKay on 07/19/06 at 12:57 pm

Ew.

Written By: Howard on 07/19/06 at 5:01 pm

They've been making many little boys and girl feel special for nigh on 30 years...

and they're still doing that.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/20/06 at 3:32 am

Wow, that really IS special

but that is the only special thing about me  :D

Written By: Howard on 07/20/06 at 4:12 pm

How are you able to do that?

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/22/06 at 11:32 am

How are you able to do that?

You really DON'T want to know... :P

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/22/06 at 11:37 am

I'm named after a pimp.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/22/06 at 11:38 am

I'm named after a pimp.

Or a brand of very fine German beer.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/22/06 at 11:45 am

Or a brand of very fine German beer.

YOU shut up.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/22/06 at 11:48 am

YOU shut up.

You need a few drinks to calm you down...here, take this bottle of *Becks* , brewed in Germany...

Written By: Howard on 07/23/06 at 3:05 pm

You really DON'T want to know... :P

Yes I DO. ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/24/08 at 7:10 am

I have a good heart and I'm able to listen to people's problems. :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/24/08 at 10:20 am

I can spot a real antique from a fake one without much effort.  My Dad used to take me into antique shops when I was a youngster.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/08 at 7:48 pm

I'm able to love and be loved.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/25/08 at 9:07 am

I'm able to love and be loved.

Howard you're getting mushy.  Get a hold of yourself.

Written By: Howard on 07/25/08 at 5:58 pm

Howard you're getting mushy.  Get a hold of yourself.

Sorry,I just love myself. ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/25/08 at 9:47 pm

Sorry,I just love myself. ;)

That's obvious.

Written By: Howard on 07/26/08 at 7:54 am

That's obvious.

you have to love you for YOU,not for anybody else.

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/26/08 at 9:20 am

1. I am a huge Red Dwarf Fan. The Cat is my fav. Maybe not so unique in the U.K., but in the U.S. it is.
2.both my middle fingers have a weird curve to them
3.I love to write poetry.
4. People ask me for advice and respect my opinion.
5. I detest Kevin Bacon for no logical reason.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/08 at 10:52 am

Got brass in pocket
Got bottle I’m gonna use it
Intention I feel inventive
Gonna make you, make you, make you notice

Got motion restrained emotion
Been driving Detroit leaning
No reason just seems so pleasing

Gonna use my arms
Gonna use my legs
Gonna use my style
Gonna use my sidestep
Gonna use my fingers
Gonna use my, my, my imagination

’cause I gonna make you see
There’s nobody else here
No one like me
I’m special so special
I gotta have some of your attention give it to me

Got rhythm I can’t miss a beat
Got new skank it’s so reet
Got something I’m winking at you

There’s nobody else here
No one like me
I’m special, so special
I gotta have some of your attention
Give it to me
There’s nobody else here
No one like me
I’m special, so special
I gotta have some of your attention

Give it to me

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 07/26/08 at 11:01 am

1. I am a huge Red Dwarf Fan. The Cat is my fav. Maybe not so unique in the U.K., but in the U.S. it is.

Red Dwarf definitely has a cult following in the UK (especially the earlier series) and I think it tried to tap into the US with mixed results, though better results than I expected to be honest, lol.

Now I like Red Dwarf, it is very witty and the characters are ingenius but the problem with it was my friends at school were going on about it all the time and I got sick of hearing about it so much that I decided not to watch it on a regular basis. I think I will borrow the series 1 box-set from someone and watch it all from scratch.

I used to like Norman Lovett as the first 'Holly'. I liked his dead-pan manner.

5. I detest Kevin Bacon for no logical reason.

The film 'Footloose' will do that to you, lol.

Written By: Howard on 07/26/08 at 6:32 pm

I have knowledge of public transportation.

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/26/08 at 6:37 pm

Red Dwarf definitely has a cult following in the UK (especially the earlier series) and I think it tried to tap into the US with mixed results, though better results than I expected to be honest, lol.

Now I like Red Dwarf, it is very witty and the characters are ingenius but the problem with it was my friends at school were going on about it all the time and I got sick of hearing about it so much that I decided not to watch it on a regular basis. I think I will borrow the series 1 box-set from someone and watch it all from scratch.

I used to like Norman Lovett as the first 'Holly'. I liked his dead-pan manner.

The film 'Footloose' will do that to you, lol.

My oldest son bought my daughter the entire box set plus it came with an autographed script (authenticated). Have you ever watched Black books? Thats another funny britcom.
I heard they tried to get Red Dwarf off the ground over here, but it was terrible. Some things are better left untouched. Do you have a fav episode? Mine would have to be Polymorph.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/08 at 5:49 am

I'm an understanding person.

Written By: Bobby on 07/27/08 at 7:53 am

My oldest son bought my daughter the entire box set plus it came with an autographed script (authenticated). Have you ever watched Black books? Thats another funny britcom.

An autographed script with it as well? I'm sure that will be worth a bit in a few years time.

Black Books is the one with comedian Bill Bailey. Black Books is something I wanted to watch but not got around to it. It may be another DVD to borrow from someone.  :)

If you can, look out for a Britcom called Peepshow. It is a very clever slice of life about two flatmates. It uses two techniques, one involving a virtual camera technique which means you are looking through the eyes of a character and you can hear what they are thinking through voice-overs - recommended.

I heard they tried to get Red Dwarf off the ground over here, but it was terrible. Some things are better left untouched. Do you have a fav episode? Mine would have to be Polymorph.

Hmmmm, translating sitcoms is such a risky move. I know the US attempted some successes with Steptoe and Son (Sanford and Son) and All in the family ('Till death us do part) but couldn't make a sitcom remake of Fawlty Towers (three attempts were made at this and none were successful) and Men Behaving Badly.

As for the British, they should stick to making original sitcoms as they have a track record for bombing when it comes to remaking US stuff (we tried it with Golden Girls (Brighton Belles) and Married with Children (Married for Life), Brighton Belles failed because there is no way we could encapsulate the glamour of the Americans and Married for Life was doomed from the start because . . . well, it was very tame for anybody and sketch comedian Russ Abbott was in it - talk about bad casting. The only real success we had was the 'Who's the Boss?' remake called 'The Upper Hand' - despite about 7 or 8 series of it, it was still quite mediocre.

I think I remember Polymorph, lol. That's the one where a space creature uses the crew's emotions to cripple them. Two of the episodes I saw (and both I liked) both from series 4 was 'Meltdown' where the wax-droids of famous celebrities had a battle between good and evil (Einstein, Elvis Presley . . .  vs Hitler, Caligula . . .) and D.N.A which was the one where the crew change into various things and the curry that Lister was eating mutates into a monster, lol.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/08 at 5:13 pm

I'm enjoyable to be around.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/27/08 at 7:48 pm

I have an incredibly high tolerance pain tolerance.  I ain't no pansy. >:(

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/27/08 at 8:16 pm

An autographed script with it as well? I'm sure that will be worth a bit in a few years time.

Black Books is the one with comedian Bill Bailey. Black Books is something I wanted to watch but not got around to it. It may be another DVD to borrow from someone.  :)

If you can, look out for a Britcom called Peepshow. It is a very clever slice of life about two flatmates. It uses two techniques, one involving a virtual camera technique which means you are looking through the eyes of a character and you can hear what they are thinking through voice-overs - recommended.

Hmmmm, translating sitcoms is such a risky move. I know the US attempted some successes with Steptoe and Son (Sanford and Son) and All in the family ('Till death us do part) but couldn't make a sitcom remake of Fawlty Towers (three attempts were made at this and none were successful) and Men Behaving Badly.

As for the British, they should stick to making original sitcoms as they have a track record for bombing when it comes to remaking US stuff (we tried it with Golden Girls (Brighton Belles) and Married with Children (Married for Life), Brighton Belles failed because there is no way we could encapsulate the glamour of the Americans and Married for Life was doomed from the start because . . . well, it was very tame for anybody and sketch comedian Russ Abbott was in it - talk about bad casting. The only real success we had was the 'Who's the Boss?' remake called 'The Upper Hand' - despite about 7 or 8 series of it, it was still quite mediocre.

I think I remember Polymorph, lol. That's the one where a space creature uses the crew's emotions to cripple them. Two of the episodes I saw (and both I liked) both from series 4 was 'Meltdown' where the wax-droids of famous celebrities had a battle between good and evil (Einstein, Elvis Presley . . .  vs Hitler, Caligula . . .) and D.N.A which was the one where the crew change into various things and the curry that Lister was eating mutates into a monster, lol.

Yes I remember both episodes. He bought it from ebay she was thrilled with it. It came with two toy robots, the ones that watch movies I forget what they are called.
Yes Blackbooks is really worth a watch. I will watch out for Peepshow. i prefer the Britcoms over our American pap. It is so sanitized . A good one to check out on dvd is the boondocks.

Written By: Howard on 07/28/08 at 7:31 am

I have an incredibly high tolerance pain tolerance.  I ain't no pansy. >:(

So you love pain?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/28/08 at 6:01 pm

So you love pain?

No, however my world doesn't end if I break a nail.

Written By: Howard on 07/28/08 at 6:55 pm

No, however my world doesn't end if I break a nail.

So what if you broke a bone?  ???

Written By: Bobby on 07/28/08 at 7:11 pm

Yes I remember both episodes. He bought it from ebay she was thrilled with it. It came with two toy robots, the ones that watch movies I forget what they are called.
Yes Blackbooks is really worth a watch. I will watch out for Peepshow. i prefer the Britcoms over our American pap. It is so sanitized . A good one to check out on dvd is the boondocks.

In some ways, I don't think the US is worse than the UK when it comes to sitcoms, it just tackles the idea in a different way, especially in the way they can incorporate a touch of drama into their sitcoms without taking away from laughter. However, I don't have to be a non-American to know that stuff like Dharma and Greg isn't funny. I watched Veronica's Closet a few times (starring Kirsty Alley) and it was the biggest pile of pants I have ever seen in my life - an exposure on the fashion business, my arse.  ;D

However the UK can be accused of writing a lot of rubbish too (It 'Aint Half Hot Mum, Open All Hours, Last of The Summer Wine, 2.4 children and 'Allo Allo spring to mind . . .) but what bothers me the most is our exports to the US includes awful stuff like Keeping Up Appearances and Are you being served? It really does give the wrong impression of what we are capable of - and of all the sitcoms/comedy the Brits have to offer, how on earth did Benny Hill get over there?  ;D

Cheers, Sledgehammer, Married With Children (well . . . up to about series 5 or 6 and it loses it's edge and the plot after that), Seinfeld, Frasier, Friends (even though it is a bit too overated and went on far too long), Third Rock From The Sun and Everybody Loves Raymond are ingenious.  8)

The Boondocks? I'll have a look out for it. :)

Keep your eye out for Father Ted too - an incredibly sharp satire/surreal comedy on religion from Ireland.

Written By: Howard on 07/28/08 at 7:20 pm

I have knowledge of public transportation.

Check for new replies or respond here...