inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best inthe00s Prank Ever?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/14/06 at 5:31 pm

I'm going to say Lego My Eggo. Nobody suspected it (except maybe Whistledog)  ;D

Subject: Re: Best inthe00s Prank Ever?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/14/06 at 5:38 pm

I say it was Chucky coming on as Becks. That was VERY funny.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 06/14/06 at 5:44 pm

Cat
yeah, i'ma say when everyone but me fell for chucky's becks thing.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/14/06 at 5:59 pm

Was it better than changing the to t e h?

I haven't seen too many other practical jokes on the board that I can think of... I know a former member was signing in as a woman, but that was more creepy than funny

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/14/06 at 6:02 pm

Was it better than changing the to t e h?

Definately better-though the changing "Bush" to "Hitler" was kind of funny.

I haven't seen too many other practical jokes on the board that I can think of... I know a former member was signing in as a woman, but that was more creepy than funny

Yeah, that was pretty creepy.  ::)

Cat

Written By: Tia on 06/14/06 at 6:20 pm

I know a former member was signing in as a woman, but that was more creepy than funny
i got no patience for that whole men-posing-as-women on the internet thing. no patience whatsoever!

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/14/06 at 6:22 pm

You know that girl who claimed to have been a new wave groupie in the '80s and to have slept with Simon Le Bon?

That was me.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/14/06 at 7:12 pm

I thought it was pretty funny when everyone switched accounts on April Fools Day.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/14/06 at 7:22 pm

I don't think it was a prank, but it was funny when everything with a** in it turned to wazoo like..

embarwazooed

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/14/06 at 7:23 pm

It's not necessarily a prank, but when you type a s s h o l e, you get "ashcroft".

Written By: Apricot on 06/14/06 at 8:38 pm

I saw through the Becks thing.. but the Leggo My Eggo was good solely on the fact no one caught on.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/14/06 at 8:40 pm

It's not necessarily a prank, but when you type a s s h o l e, you get "ashcroft".

yeah, that's just a truth in advertising requirement.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/14/06 at 8:41 pm

yeah, that's just a truth in advertising requirement.

Did you know all along that Lego My Eggo was me, and did you find the prank tasteful?

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/14/06 at 8:43 pm

Did you know all along that Lego My Eggo was me, and did you find the prank tasteful?

Psht, I found out, and it's not really a bad prank, just.. you said you were leaving, but you never really did.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/14/06 at 8:44 pm

Psht, I found out, and it's not really a bad prank, just.. you said you were leaving, but you never really did.

Yeah, if you say you're going to do something......do it.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/14/06 at 8:52 pm

Yeah, if you say you're going to do something......do it.

That's why I originally planned to go along with it, but people didn't want me to leave.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/14/06 at 9:07 pm

That's why I originally planned to go along with it, but people didn't want me to leave.

Then you shouldn't have deleted your account and then register under new ones.  You should have sat for a moment, realized that people didn't think this crap warranted you leaving and then said you were going to stay after all.

Written By: nally on 06/14/06 at 9:29 pm

Cat

I was just gonna say that. It was done on April Fools Day...at first I had thought that Becks had actually returned after a looong hiatus...I thought wrong. :o

Written By: Bobo on 06/14/06 at 10:34 pm

I partially agree with you, Sister Morphine, but nonetheless, Donnie thought that he would garner more respect coming back as his proper alias than some way to hide behind those people who were going to kick him into touch regardless of how he re-emerged.

He did at his worst point consider leaving, but he felt it would be better if he came back amongst friends. Yourself included, no doubt.

Then you shouldn't have deleted your account and then register under new ones.  You should have sat for a moment, realized that people didn't think this crap warranted you leaving and then said you were going to stay after all.

Written By: Tam on 06/14/06 at 11:59 pm

It wasn't a prank but it was still pretty funny....

Chrissy started a thread about getting your pimp name - so I did it and received:
Sugartastic T. Slim
I changed my profile name to reflect it and next thing you know, Chrissy, Andrea and I are watching regulars check out my profile on who's online!!! Even Philip Eno was checking me out!!! ;D ;D ;D

I might just go and do it again!!!

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 5:21 am

Heh heh, the infamous 'Superfreak' gets my vote. As much as the whole thing wound me up and the issues involved were very serious,  no other prank caused as much controversy or lasted as long (two years).

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/15/06 at 7:42 am

Heh heh, the infamous 'Superfreak' gets my vote. As much as the whole thing wound me up and the issues involved were very serious,  no other prank caused as much controversy or lasted as long (two years).

I'm not too familiar with it. What was it all about?

Written By: karen on 06/15/06 at 8:27 am

I'm going to say Lego My Eggo. Nobody suspected it (except maybe Whistledog)  ;D

Just because nobody posted that they thought it was you doesn't mean they didn't think it.

Written By: Apricot on 06/15/06 at 8:38 am

There was a member named "Superfreak".. it was implied she was a lesbian woman. It turned out she was actually just RockandRollFan. It was especially confusing because "Superfreak" posted a picture, which I believe turned out to be RARF's ex-wife.

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 9:06 am

A guy that used to be here pretended he was a lesbian and it went on for about two years (though Superfreak wasn't around constantly). He would even go to the length where he would have conversations with himself as this woman. The problem with the prank was that the person involved had issues.

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 9:07 am

There was a member named "Superfreak".. it was implied she was a lesbian woman. It turned out she was actually just RockandRollFan. It was especially confusing because "Superfreak" posted a picture, which I believe turned out to be RARF's ex-wife.

I'm not even sure it was his ex-wife, Andrew.

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 9:08 am

Just because nobody posted that they thought it was you doesn't mean they didn't think it.

Bang on! LOL!!!

I thought it was so obvious, I couldn't be arsed to spell it out.

k.

Written By: Gis on 06/15/06 at 9:13 am

Bang on! LOL!!!

k.
Same here, the 'lego' was a bit of a give away.................

Written By: Gis on 06/15/06 at 9:17 am

A guy that used to be here pretended he was a lesbian and it went on for about two years (though Superfreak wasn't around constantly). He would even go to the length where he would have conversations with himself as this woman. The problem with the prank was that the person involved had issues.

I have to say I never quite believed the lesbian angle. It always came across like a pervy bloke typing and not a female who fancied other females.So whilst I was surprised to find out it was R'n'R fan I wasn't surprised to find out it was a bloke posting. 

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 9:23 am

I have to say I never quite believed the lesbian angle. It always came across like a pervy bloke typing and not a female who fancied other females.So whilst I was surprised to find out it was R'n'R fan I wasn't surprised to find out it was a bloke posting. 

I suppose in retrospect, it would mentally suit a man to pose as a lesbian because posing as a heterosexual woman could be too much of an act for him to play.

Written By: Gis on 06/15/06 at 9:28 am

I suppose in retrospect, it would mentally suit a man to pose as a lesbian because posing as a heterosexual woman could be too much of an act for him to play.
True, except he really did type like a dirty old man letching.  :P

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 9:38 am

True, except he really did type like a dirty old man letching.  :P

Ha ha! I've got images of Harold Steptoe in my mind.  ;D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/Robp24/Steptoe.jpg

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/15/06 at 9:40 am

I thought it was you, but I wasn't logged in ;)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/15/06 at 9:43 am

No, he said it was his ex-wife, but it was proven NOT to be.....yet another pile of BS he heaped on everyone and got pretty low-down & nasty when he was called out on it ::)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/15/06 at 10:43 am

it's pretty rare for me to not know someone is pretending to be someone else

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 11:02 am

it's pretty rare for me to not know someone is pretending to be someone else

Of course, you are the one with the I.P addresses!  ;D

Written By: Gis on 06/15/06 at 11:56 am

Ha ha! I've got images of Harold Steptoe in my mind.  ;D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/Robp24/Steptoe.jpg

Exactly !
You dirty old man Mark

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 12:07 pm

Exactly !
You dirty old man Mark

"Don't leave me Haaraaawld!"  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/15/06 at 2:36 pm

Bang on! LOL!!!

k.

Yup-you said that you thought it was Donnie and I told you that I thought it was someone else. You were right.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 2:37 pm

Not at first

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/15/06 at 2:40 pm

It is kind of funny, in an uneasy sort of way.  ;D :D

Written By: Tia on 06/15/06 at 2:50 pm

i dunno about leggoeggo, but a bunch of people seemed to be savvy that you were masquerading as various different people. didn't you come back as darkskies somebody or other? everyone seemed to be onto that one. im not sure the eggo one got that much attention.

Written By: KKay on 06/15/06 at 2:53 pm

i dunno about leggoeggo, but a bunch of people seemed to be savvy that you were masquerading as various different people. didn't you come back as darkskies somebody or other? everyone seemed to be onto that one. im not sure the eggo one got that much attention.

it was tasteful. 
I"m sorry I didn't really notice. I don't remember seeing that name.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 2:54 pm

Or I Love Me Some Waffles? ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/15/06 at 3:07 pm

it was tasteful. 
I"m sorry I didn't really notice. I don't remember seeing that name.

I meant it in good taste. I love you guys ;)

Written By: KKay on 06/15/06 at 3:09 pm

^just got karma

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/15/06 at 3:10 pm

It would only be in good taste if it had REAL maple syrup.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/15/06 at 3:11 pm

^just got karma

Cat

Only the finest!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 3:16 pm

Yup-you said that you thought it was Donnie and I told you that I thought it was someone else. You were right.

If being right is so wrong I don't ever want to be right.  :) . . .  ???

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 3:20 pm

It is kind of funny, in an uneasy sort of way.  ;D :D

I think I have softened since. At the time I was angry at R&RFan - not purely because of the prank.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 3:48 pm

What about I Love Me Some Waffles? ???

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/15/06 at 3:48 pm

What about I Love Me Some Waffles? ???

I know who I Loves Me Some Pancakes is; if you want to know PM me.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 3:58 pm

I know who I Loves Me Some Pancakes is; if you want to know PM me.

Maybe some other time

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 4:04 pm

Maybe some other time

Ha ha!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 4:06 pm

Or The Jiminy avatar?

Written By: nally on 06/16/06 at 1:16 am

I didn't think Leggo Eggo was Donnie at first; the things that "Leggo Eggo" said didn't sound like Donny at all; to me they sounded more like Robocop (or someone related to him), due to the goofy grammar. ::) But robocop's posts are a lot worse than that.

Written By: jackas on 06/16/06 at 7:11 am

Cat

Oh, you're just biased! :P

Written By: jackas on 06/16/06 at 7:12 am

What about Harmonica? 

What? 

That wasn't just an annoying prank? :D ;D

Written By: Morton on 06/16/06 at 7:15 am

*^  ;D

I've only seen two real pranks, both Chucky's April Fools (his 'the' trick and then this years 'Becks' thing), although admittedly I was the first to point out that it was in fact Chucky who had resurrected Becks. Eggo My Leggo and DarkRainySkies didn't have me fooled, nor would I consider them as pranks... more just mindless tricks played by members who have nothing better to do with their lives

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/16/06 at 10:42 am

What about Harmonica? 

What? 

That wasn't just an annoying prank? :D ;D

;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 06/16/06 at 10:49 am

I'm not even sure it was his ex-wife, Andrew.

I remember him explaining himself about it, and it was SOMEONE he knew.. ex-wife is just my guess.

I never paid much attention to Superfreak, because her posts were so sporadic and didn't tend to affect me much.. but in retrospect, seeing her posts, it was such a poor facade, really. ;D

Written By: Tia on 06/16/06 at 10:52 am

Chucky's April Fools (his 'the' trick and then this years 'Becks' thing), although admittedly I was the first to point out that it was in fact Chucky who had resurrected Becks.

http://www.countrykeepers.com/images/church_lady.jpg

Eggo My Leggo and DarkRainySkies didn't have me fooled

http://www.sjsu.edu/alumni/pics/church_chat150.jpg

Written By: Howard on 06/16/06 at 3:26 pm

Who remembers when Jacks became Jimmy's avatar after he left? ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 06/25/06 at 11:12 pm

*^  ;D

I've only seen two real pranks, both Chucky's April Fools

You probably saw another prank, but thought it was a malfunction ;)  Only a couple people knew it was a prank.

I suppose I'll fess up now...

Right after nally created a thread announcing that he had achieved 50000 posts, I deleted my "One Word Song Titles" thread... so that the next time nally signed on, he wouldn't have 50000 anymore.  And his reaction was well worth it. :o

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/06 at 11:29 pm

You probably saw another prank, but thought it was a malfunction ;)  Only a couple people knew it was a prank.

Right after nally created a thread announcing that he had achieved 50000 posts, I deleted my "One Word Song Titles" thread... so that the next time nally signed on, he wouldn't have 50000 anymore.  And his reaction was well worth it. :o

Jeff is always quick to notice stuff like that.  Recently, I deleted that rubixgirl thread I did.  Not even 2 minutes later, he had noticed it, and knew exactly which thread was removed :o

Written By: ADH13 on 06/25/06 at 11:32 pm

Jeff is always quick to notice stuff like that.  Recently, I deleted that rubixgirl thread I did.  Not even 2 minutes later, he had noticed it, and knew exactly which thread was removed :o

LOL yeah, when I deleted it, I didn't expect him to know which thread was deleted, especially since there were two "one word song titles" thread... but he figured it out within about 20 mins... I was kinda surprised. :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/25/06 at 11:35 pm

Oh Man, That was so beautiful. His reaction was priceless.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/25/06 at 11:43 pm

That was actually quite mean.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/25/06 at 11:43 pm

Ah, It was all in good fun. Just a postcount. Nothing to lose sleep over.

Written By: ADH13 on 06/25/06 at 11:49 pm

I'll remember not to joke around with you then. ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/25/06 at 11:50 pm

Snap, son..!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/25/06 at 11:55 pm

Ummmmmmmmmm, okay?

Written By: Apricot on 06/26/06 at 4:56 am

I could seriously imagine him, like, sleeping in his bed and all the sudden bolting upright, saying "Someone just deleted I board game, I lost 1,467 posts." and falling right back to sleep.

Written By: Apricot on 06/26/06 at 4:57 am

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/TheMoonandAntarctica/Forum%20Stuff/OhNoSheDidnt.jpg

Written By: nally on 06/29/06 at 10:53 am

YOU deleted your own one-word song titles thread? ??? :o

Why? http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/devil2.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nono.gif

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/29/06 at 11:53 am

I could seriously imagine him, like, sleeping in his bed and all the sudden bolting upright, saying "Someone just deleted I board game, I lost 1,467 posts." and falling right back to sleep.

Buahahahahah!

Written By: nally on 06/29/06 at 11:56 am

Rubixgirl wasn't originally part of that thread, as I recall. I remember it was something like "I like to move it in M C Hammer's Pants while I Gasolina from Spanish to English."

Written By: Howard on 06/29/06 at 2:59 pm

Rubixgirl wasn't originally part of that thread, as I recall. I remember it was something like "I like to move it in M C Hammer's Pants while I Gasolina from Spanish to English."

But what happened to her?

Written By: nally on 06/29/06 at 3:00 pm

But what happened to her?

Rubixgirl? She came back briefly in April...but hasn't been heard from since.

Written By: ADH13 on 06/29/06 at 8:25 pm

YOU deleted your own one-word song titles thread? ??? :o

Why? http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/devil2.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nono.gif

Because I knew you'd have a funny reaction to your post count going down... :-[

Written By: Howard on 06/30/06 at 8:24 am

Will she ever come back? ???

Written By: nally on 06/30/06 at 11:48 am

Will she ever come back? ???

Who knows?? ???

Written By: nally on 06/30/06 at 11:49 am

Because I knew you'd have a funny reaction to your post count going down... :-http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nono.gif

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/30/06 at 11:54 am

I liked the time on April Fools when I made up a fake account and pretended to be Howard's girlfriend Robin...and he really thought that it was her! :) ;D

Written By: nally on 06/30/06 at 11:55 am

I liked the time on April Fools when I made up a fake account and pretended to be Howard's girlfriend Robin...and he really thought that it was her! :) ;D

Wait...didn't you pretend to be her with your original "Quirk" account? ???

Written By: Apricot on 06/30/06 at 11:56 am

Yeah, I remember seeing a few posts of hers.. don't they go to someone else's profile now, those guests?

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/30/06 at 11:57 am

Hahahaha, that's hilarious!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/30/06 at 11:58 am

yes...that's right...but, I changed the name, picture, and all of the info on my profile so that he wouldn't have known it was me....and it worked!  :D ;) ;D

Written By: nally on 06/30/06 at 12:00 pm

yes...that's right...but, I changed the name, picture, and all of the info on my profile so that he wouldn't have known it was me....and it worked!  :D ;) ;D

Yeah; I confess that I don't always get "April Fools" jokes right away. :-\\

Written By: ADH13 on 06/30/06 at 8:05 pm

I think the account she has now is her original account, she just changed her name.... I do remember that while Erin was Howard's Girl Robin, I was quirky_cat_girl.. with her photo as my avatar and everything..

Written By: nally on 06/30/06 at 8:14 pm

I think the account she has now is her original account, she just changed her name.... I do remember that while Erin was Howard's Girl Robin, I was quirky_cat_girl.. with her photo as my avatar and everything..

I'm aware of that...but I do not remember you posing as her. :-\\ However you did pose as "Jacks" one time.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nono.gif

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/30/06 at 9:01 pm

OMG..that's right!! that was TOO funny!! ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/05/06 at 9:23 pm

OMG..that's right!! that was TOO funny!! ;D

I remember that too as well. ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...