inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Shows you didn't "get"

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/14/06 at 8:09 pm

I never liked Scooby Doo... at all. I just didn't get it!

Subject: Re: Shows you didn't "get"

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/14/06 at 8:14 pm

Seinfeld.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/14/06 at 8:20 pm

Friends.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/14/06 at 9:12 pm

..How did you not get Scooby Doo? There was a mystery and THOSE CRAZY MEDDLING KIDS always solved it within 30 minutes or less..! ;-D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/14/06 at 10:04 pm

Friends.
Also new sitcoms, such as Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Written By: whistledog on 06/14/06 at 10:34 pm

Curb Your Enthusiasm.  Lots of people like this show, and I cannot figure out why. 

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/15/06 at 12:12 am

Friends - I absolutely dee-tested that show, lol

Not a big fan of Sex in the City either

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 5:25 am

I'm going with 'Sex and the City' and 'Allie McBeal' - probably because they are chick programmes.

As for Seinfeld, there wasn't much to get - that was it's 'gimmick' (it was often called 'The show were very little happened').

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/15/06 at 5:58 am

Arrested Development, anything on MTV, The Real World, Jackass, The O.C., Beverly Hills 90210, Benson, Night Court, Friends.

I LOVE Seinfeld. I relate to that show with all my heart as an uber-neurotic Northeastern Jew from hell.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/15/06 at 7:36 am

Arrested Development, anything on MTV, The Real World, Jackass, The O.C., Beverly Hills 90210, Benson, Night Court, Friends.

I LOVE Seinfeld. I relate to that show with all my heart as an uber-neurotic Northeastern Jew from hell.

lol...a bit like Newman? (was Newman Jewish? I dunno)

Written By: karen on 06/15/06 at 8:32 am

Seinfeld.

me too

Written By: KKay on 06/15/06 at 8:40 am

I have heard people rave about Sex and the City.  I have heard people compare it to their lives!! I watched twice. Hate it, or just don't get it.
Not funny, not interesting.  And the women are not that fabulous.  It just made being successful and independent look really boring.

I watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, but I don't really like it.  Much like Seinfeld, the comedy lies inthe fact that the people are selfish and annoying and I just find it, well, annoying.

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 9:14 am

I have heard people rave about Sex and the City.  I have heard people compare it to their lives!! I watched twice. Hate it, or just don't get it.
Not funny, not interesting.  And the women are not that fabulous.  It just made being successful and independent look really boring.

Totally agree - oh and who thinks Kim Cattrall has aged well? Not I.  ;D

I watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, but I don't really like it.  Much like Seinfeld, the comedy lies inthe fact that the people are selfish and annoying and I just find it, well, annoying.

Not really seen 'Curb your enthusiasm' to comment though I think it's made by the same guy as Seinfeld (Larry David). The humour is the neurotic pain-staking over-analysis the characters go through with every situation they face (I think Kramer is the only real exception to the rule). This usually makes fools of all of them.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/15/06 at 10:24 am

SATC f*cking rocks.  I have every season on DVD.

Written By: KKay on 06/15/06 at 10:55 am

Now I really need you to tell me why. I just don't get it.

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 11:02 am

So you didn't opt for the refund?  ;) ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/15/06 at 11:30 am

So you didn't opt for the refund?  ;) ;D

Why would I?

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 11:37 am

Why would I?

Faulty plot-lines.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 11:44 am

Whatever.  I didn't see a problem in the show and was pissed when they ended it. 

I see.

Oh, other shows I don't get . . .

That 70s show (boring)
Dr Who (boring as well)
Veronica's closet (awful and unfunny)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/15/06 at 11:46 am

I see.

That 70s show (boring)
Dr Who (boring as well)

I had deleted it already.  There was no need to respond.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/15/06 at 11:49 am

That 70s show (boring)

I totally agree!  :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/15/06 at 11:50 am

I HATE that show.  Anything that made Ashton Kutcher famous isn't worth my time.

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 11:50 am

I had deleted it already.  There was no need to respond.

Entirely up to you. I'm just having a laugh. Laugh with me.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 11:51 am

What bothers me the most is that it was made by the same team who created the genius that is 'Third Rock from the Sun' - you wouldn't believe it to see it.  ::)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/15/06 at 11:58 am

What bothers me the most is that it was made by the same team who created the genius that is 'Third Rock from the Sun' - you wouldn't believe it to see it.  ::)

You know...I liked 'Third Rock' for a little while, and then I got bored of it, too.

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 12:06 pm

You know...I liked 'Third Rock' for a little while, and then I got bored of it, too.

I think it definitely jumped the shark around series 3/4. I think that was when the aliens sort of got a handle on how things work on the Earth but still got confused with the intangible concepts of human nature.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/15/06 at 12:10 pm

I think it definitely jumped the shark around series 3/4. I think that was when the aliens sort of got a handle on how things work on the Earth but still got confused with the intangible concepts of human nature.

The series definitely changed around that time.  I think it got a little too 'sci-fi' for me.  :P

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 12:24 pm

The series definitely changed around that time.  I think it got a little too 'sci-fi' for me.  :P

Especially with the introduction of 'The Big Giant Head' (William Shatner).  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/15/06 at 12:25 pm

Especially with the introduction of 'The Big Giant Head' (William Shatner).  ;D

Too much!  :P

Written By: KKay on 06/15/06 at 12:29 pm

I don't really dig these shows that are all "talking".  Not that talking is boring, but I just don't care enough about characters in current shows to want to hear what they have to say. 

Most HBO ans Showtime shows fall into this category: Sopranos (not enough violence or sex for me) Weeds, Big Love, Entourage

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 12:39 pm

I don't really dig these shows that are all "talking".  Not that talking is boring, but I just don't care enough about characters in current shows to want to hear what they have to say. 

Most HBO ans Showtime shows fall into this category: Sopranos (not enough violence or sex for me) Weeds, Big Love, Entourage

So you watch stuff for it's violence and sexual content? The standards of American society today . . .

Written By: KKay on 06/15/06 at 12:40 pm

So you watch stuff for it's violence and sexual content? The standards of American society today . . .

not just for that, but people standing around talking just aint my thing.

and please don't let me represent the standards... ;D

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 12:44 pm

not just for that, but people standing around talking just aint my thing.

and please don't let me represent the standards... ;D

Ha ha!  ;D

I bet your standards are the same as mine.

Written By: KKay on 06/15/06 at 12:50 pm

Ha ha!  ;D

I bet your standards are the same as mine.

I once told someone I like all the things that an 8th grader draws on his notebook cover: godzilla, air force jets, my teacher witha an arrow thru his head, zombies.....

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/15/06 at 1:01 pm

I once told someone I like all the things that an 8th grader draws on his notebook cover: godzilla, air force jets, my teacher witha an arrow thru his head, zombies.....

Giraffes with their head exploding? A flying Pepsi can? An elf popping out of a muffin?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/15/06 at 1:13 pm

I'll probably get loads of hatemail for this one...

Will & Grace  :P

I support Sister Morphine with SATC. It sucks you in everytime, even in reruns where they cut out a lot of the good swearing and sex scenes.

And, waitta minute, don't men usually get rather giddy when anything has the word "sex" in it?  ;D (ehrm.. Howard?)

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 1:14 pm

That's my cup of tea.  8)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/15/06 at 1:16 pm

Don't read my recent parody about it then.  :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/15/06 at 1:20 pm

Don't read my recent parody about it then.  :D

That's what inspired this thread! :D

Written By: Step-chan on 06/15/06 at 1:29 pm

That's what inspired this thread! :D

Are you serious?  ???

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/15/06 at 1:31 pm

Are you serious?  ???

Yeah, I read it and thought "Hmm... I never really got that show. I think I'll start a thread!"

Written By: Step-chan on 06/15/06 at 1:34 pm

Yeah, I read it and thought "Hmm... I never really got that show. I think I'll start a thread!"

Well, the only thing I didn't understand was this: Why did they put an annoying character like Scrappy Doo in the show?

Wait, that was a retorical question.

I haven't seen any new parodies up by you recently....

You haven't thought of anything new?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/15/06 at 2:41 pm

Friends
Seinfeld
Survivor-well, any so-called "reality" show
Spongebob (to my sister's dismay)
So many others.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 2:44 pm

Curb Your Enthusiasm.  Lots of people like this show, and I cannot figure out why. 

Larry David is an idiot.He constantly argues with everybody. ::)

Written By: KKay on 06/15/06 at 2:51 pm

Larry David is an idiot.He constantly argues with everybody. ::)

I know why people like it. What i hate is the predictability of the episodes.  My husband rolls on top of himself hysterical laughing at it.  I just sit there.  Its just the same over and over.  Painful.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 2:53 pm

I know why people like it. What i hate is the predictability of the episodes.  My husband rolls on top of himself hysterical laughing at it.  I just sit there.  Its just the same over and over.  Painful.

I like the show but he's a nervous wreck sometimes.

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 7:51 pm

Okay, I have just seen the pilot for the US version of The Office and I am pretty much underwhelmed by the experience. The same jokes that were excruciatingly effective in the UK version were killed off in the US version.

Steve Carrell is far too good looking to play somebody like Michael Scott (eq. David Brent) and he just simply can't pull off the 'eek' factor Ricky Jervais did, looking just merely stupid and nerdish rather than downright embarrassing.

Rainn Wilson is horribly miscast as Dwight Schrute and certainly doesn't hold a candle to McKenzie Crookes socially awkward yet egotistical interpretation (eq. Gareth Keenan).

John Krasinski as Jim Halpert is probably the closest in appearance to a UK counterpart (eq. Tim Canterbury) but lacks that humanistic aspect - what I guess is supposed to look like coolness looks as though the job has got the better of him and he's given up.

Jenna Fischer as Pam Beesly looks too nice and cheerful as the UK counterpart (eq. Dawn Tinsley). The secretary is supposed to be the dour, long-suffering one.

The show doesn't seem to play like a documentary either, the camera moves far too fast and zooms in uncontrollably like NYPD Blue - maybe it's the American style of documentary but I didn't buy it one little bit.

Sorry, Jervais has severely messed up with the US version of The Office - It looks like he sold out.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/15/06 at 7:54 pm

Well, the only thing I didn't understand was this: Why did they put an annoying character like Scrappy Doo in the show?

Wait, that was a retorical question.

I haven't seen any new parodies up by you recently....

You haven't thought of anything new?

I have, but... I just figured that since about two people read them (I think you, Stephen), I might as well not post any...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/15/06 at 7:57 pm

^ I kinda disagree. I think the US version reflects more of the US way of management. I can totally relate to this show because I work in a near copycat environment. It's almost uncanny. But, you know, it's different strokes for different folks  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 8:06 pm

^ I kinda disagree. I think the US version reflects more of the US way of management. I can totally relate to this show because I work in a near copycat environment. It's almost uncanny. But, you know, it's different strokes for different folks  ;D

Maybe it's because I'm English, lol.

The dynamics are still the same in both shows (the way an office runs and the script is similar). I am criticising the overall effectiveness of the US version. I have often winced in agony over the characters in the UK version and their protracted silences - I just don't feel the same way watching the US version. It doesn't feel like I am watching a 'mockumentary', it feels like I am watching actors act badly. It is not the accuracy I am criticising, it is the execution.

However, I have only seen the pilot but it's enough to put me off.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/15/06 at 8:13 pm

Maybe it's because I'm English, lol.

The dynamics are still the same in both shows (the way an office runs and the script is similar). I am criticising the overall effectiveness of the US version. I have often winced in agony over the characters in the UK version and their protracted silences - I just don't feel the same way watching the US version. It doesn't feel like I am watching a 'mockumentary', it feels like I am watching actors act badly. It is not the accuracy I am criticising, it is the execution.

However, I have only seen the pilot but it's enough to put me off.

I'd say give it a second go-around. The first show was a bit rocky, even for me. But, it's worth a second viewing. The show seems to keep getting better with each episode. My boyfriend wasn't so excited by the first episode, but as he's been watching more of it, he appears to be laughing in fairly decent helpings.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/15/06 at 8:14 pm

I like the show but he's a nervous wreck sometimes.

That's the whole point.  He's the same guy that created Seinfeld.

Written By: Apricot on 06/15/06 at 8:17 pm

Friends- it was just so.. whiny and annoying.
Scooby Doo- I was never amused, really
The Flinstones- but then, this was made for adults, I've heard, as a cartoon sitcom
Sex and the City- But then, I'm a teenage boy, it's not FOR me
MASH- Christ almighty, I have no clue how this show is even remotely enjoyable for so many people...
Will and Grace- Oh My God, watching this show is like cactus-sodomy for me.

Many, many more, I imagine..

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 8:23 pm

I'd say give it a second go-around. The first show was a bit rocky, even for me. But, it's worth a second viewing. The show seems to keep getting better with each episode. My boyfriend wasn't so excited by the first episode, but as he's been watching more of it, he appears to be laughing in fairly decent helpings.

For you, Krissy, I will give it another go.  ;)

I'm intrigued to find out how they react to the 'Comic Relief' episode (the legendary episode where David Brent dances like a madman for charity - describing it as a cross between 'Flashdance and MC Hammer s..t  ;D).

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/15/06 at 8:28 pm

I see.

That 70s show (boring)
Dr Who (boring as well)
I liked That 70s Show for the first few seasons. Watching repeats of it, however, makes me wonder how I managed to stomach such a show.  :o
Dr Who: Saw 5 minutes of an episode. Changed the channel soon after.
Veronica's closet? Sounds like one of those shows played at 1am on a Monday morning due to how bad it is.  ;D

Others:
CSI and its clones
Law and Order and its clones
Cop shows such as NYPD Blue, 3rd Watch, Without a Trace, etc
Most, no, ALL sitcoms on TV right now are just plain bad.

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 8:47 pm

I liked That 70s Show for the first few seasons. Watching repeats of it, however, makes me wonder how I managed to stomach such a show.  :o

Maybe it's one of those things were you really had to live in the 70s to really appreciate what is going on.

Dr Who: Saw 5 minutes of an episode. Changed the channel soon after.

That's five minutes of your life you won't get back.  ;D

Veronica's closet? Sounds like one of those shows played at 1am on a Monday morning due to how bad it is.  ;D

This sitcom is actually played during the day on the 'Paramount Comedy Channel' for the UK. It is reduced to relatively attractive stock characters (the neurotic boss, the womaniser, the sensitive guy, the supposedly ugly but happy-go-lucky one, the gay blah blah blah . . .). It attempts to be a Friend's type clone set in the fashion industry. It also breaks down any form of character development (one of the guys acts camp but it wasn't too sure what sexuality he was, instead of continuing the sense of intrigue, they ruined it by declaring he was gay - after that he was performing one gay stereotype after another . . . yawn! Seen it all before done as badly . . .).

Others:
CSI and its clones
Law and Order and its clones
Cop shows such as NYPD Blue, 3rd Watch, Without a Trace, etc
Most, no, ALL sitcoms on TV right now are just plain bad.

Not too sure about these as I have never watched them (I watched 24 and didn't mind what I saw). My mates were going on about how bad 'Lost' is. They said it moves along like you're waiting for the bus and the plot has more holes in it than a piece of cheese.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/15/06 at 8:54 pm

Not too sure about these as I have never watched them (I watched 24 and didn't mind what I saw). My mates were going on about how bad 'Lost' is. They said it moves along like you're waiting for the bus and the plot has more holes in it than a piece of cheese.
24 might be alright, but the idea of a show done in real time doesn't appeal to me. Never watched an entire episode of Lost, so can't comment.

And I think I was being a bit too hasty when i said "ALL sitcoms on TV right now are just plain bad."  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 9:01 pm

24 might be alright, but the idea of a show done in real time doesn't appeal to me. Never watched an entire episode of Lost, so can't comment.

24 is basically a gimmick and depending on how you react to that gimmick determines how much enjoyment you will get out of the show.

And I think I was being a bit too hasty when i said "ALL sitcoms on TV right now are just plain bad."  ;D

There are some hidden gems amongst the rubbish.

Written By: Apricot on 06/15/06 at 9:11 pm

"24".. I've tried.. it's too.. I don't know, they get ridiculous. Like, this season, my ex was telling me, the President turned out to be the son of the leader of a terrorist organization.. yep, he got elected and no one dug that up on him during the campaign? Interesting. ;D

From what I've heard, if you haven't watched every "Lost" from the first one, it's very confusing and you're bound to not like it.. people have said it would have been possible to catch up in the first or second seasons, but I think it's far too gone for appreciate it now.. unless you do like my parents did with The Sopranos before we got HBO.. get/rent the box sets and watch them all in sequence one day.

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 9:34 pm

"24".. I've tried.. it's too.. I don't know, they get ridiculous. Like, this season, my ex was telling me, the President turned out to be the son of the leader of a terrorist organization.. yep, he got elected and no one dug that up on him during the campaign? Interesting. ;D

You're right, the tabloids would have got hold of that info like a shot.

From what I've heard, if you haven't watched every "Lost" from the first one, it's very confusing and you're bound to not like it.. people have said it would have been possible to catch up in the first or second seasons, but I think it's far too gone for appreciate it now.. unless you do like my parents did with The Sopranos before we got HBO.. get/rent the box sets and watch them all in sequence one day.

Yeah, I appreciate that Lost is episodic at best but not much of it seems to make any sense. Apparently, someone was telling me about a 'fog' or something the plane was flying into and it became evident after so many episodes that it was some form of mist monster.  ???

Uh?

Written By: jackas on 06/15/06 at 10:54 pm

X Files

Written By: jackas on 06/15/06 at 10:59 pm

After reading the thread I need to add more...

Sex in the City
Friends
Jerry Springer >:(
Survivor

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/16/06 at 1:16 am

X Files

I watched that show purely for David Duchovny. 

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/16/06 at 1:17 am

After reading the thread I need to add more...

Sex in the City
Friends
Survivor

How can you not get Jerry Springer?  It's white trash on TV making complete asses of themselves.  It's high comedy.  Whenever I feel bad about myself or I'm feeling down, I turn that show on and realize that no matter how bad my life is, it'll NEVER be that bad.  It's psychotherapy without having to leave your house.

Written By: jackas on 06/16/06 at 6:55 am

How can you not get Jerry Springer?  It's white trash on TV making complete asses of themselves.  It's high comedy.  Whenever I feel bad about myself or I'm feeling down, I turn that show on and realize that no matter how bad my life is, it'll NEVER be that bad.  It's psychotherapy without having to leave your house.

I have no tolerance for stupid.  Watching this show drives me insane.

Written By: Morton on 06/16/06 at 7:12 am

I can't stomach:

Big Brother-type shows
America's Funniest... / You've Been Framed (remind me again; why are we pissing ourselves at the fat man falling out of his boat?!)
The OC / Smallville etc etc

I'll add more when I remember them

Written By: jackas on 06/16/06 at 7:14 am

(remind me again; why are we pissing ourselves at the fat man falling out of his boat?!)

I'm laughing just reading it! ;D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/16/06 at 8:09 am

Cheers  ::)

Written By: karen on 06/16/06 at 8:14 am

Cheers  ::)

I liked the first few series of this then I suddenly couldn't stand it.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/16/06 at 8:22 am

I liked the first few series of this then I suddenly couldn't stand it.

The theme tune was enough to make me retch  :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/16/06 at 9:51 am

Oh man, I can't stand that show. It makes me sick knowing that there are actually people like that.

..Some of which might be in my family, even.

America's Funniest... / You've Been Framed (remind me again; why are we pissing ourselves at the fat man falling out of his boat?!)

;D My parents love that show. I hear them downstairs laughing and laughing... and when I go see what the fuss is all about, there's like, a baby bumping into walls and falling.

Wtf?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/16/06 at 12:56 pm

For you, Krissy, I will give it another go.  ;)

I'm intrigued to find out how they react to the 'Comic Relief' episode (the legendary episode where David Brent dances like a madman for charity - describing it as a cross between 'Flashdance and MC Hammer s..t  ;D).

Ahhh, thanks  :) I mean, I understand what you're saying about it. I can tell that it can fall flat at times. I was actually watching last night's episode and it wasn't quite as good as some others, but it was better than most crappy shows out there. Maybe my standards have gotten lower because there's just so much crappy programming  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/16/06 at 12:59 pm

Ohhh... another show that should have never lasted for more than one episode - The Nanny  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/16/06 at 1:09 pm

Ohhh... another show that should have never lasted for more than one episode - The Nanny  ;D

Oy, one of the few shows that are actually annoyig and boring at the same time!

Written By: Step-chan on 06/16/06 at 1:17 pm

I have, but... I just figured that since about two people read them (I think you, Stephen), I might as well not post any...

Well, I'm still trying to see if I can get at least 10 votes on a parody, only 2 of mine have gotten 8 votes.

Written By: La Roche on 06/16/06 at 1:40 pm

I watched Sex and the City on the assumption that it would indeed deal with Sex and maybe on the oft chance that there would be some tits on show.
How disappointing!
Four pretentious tarts, one of which (admittedly fuc.kable) is a complete whore.. the two others I have no lasting recollection of and then another (the one the show surrounds) who's so hung up on herself it's not funny.
I mean come on, that guy she was seeing, dang bitch, sink your claws in yo!

Written By: La Roche on 06/16/06 at 1:43 pm

MASH- Christ almighty, I have no clue how this show is even remotely enjoyable for so many people...

I never quite worked out how MASH was so popular. The finale is still the most watched show ever I think.
It was an Ok show, but dang, Not that good.

;D My parents love that show. I hear them downstairs laughing and laughing... and when I go see what the fuss is all about, there's like, a baby bumping into walls and falling.

Ugh, it's not funny.
I'm sorry but a fat chick getting married (whilst somewhat humerous) just isn't funny the 8th time she falls over.

Written By: Apricot on 06/16/06 at 1:47 pm

I never quite worked out how MASH was so popular. The finale is still the most watched show ever I think.
It was an Ok show, but dang, Not that good.

Yeah, The Finale of MASH had, like, over 70% of all people viewing TV at the time it aired. Crazy. I really wish I could figure what people got out of it.

Written By: La Roche on 06/16/06 at 1:49 pm

Yeah, The Finale of MASH had, like, over 70% of all people viewing TV at the time it aired. Crazy. I really wish I could figure what people got out of it.

Great theme music though.

Written By: La Roche on 06/16/06 at 1:50 pm

Errrrm.. Karen... darling.... SHUT UP NOW!

The Sopranos is possibly one of the best shows to grace the screen in the past decade.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/16/06 at 1:54 pm

Great theme music though.

..."Suicide is painless..."  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 06/16/06 at 1:58 pm

I watched 24 the first time It was on and decided it sucked. I'm just not in to shows like that.

Written By: jackas on 06/16/06 at 2:18 pm

Oh man, I can't stand that show. It makes me sick knowing that there are actually people like that.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/im2520with2520you2520dawg.jpg

Written By: jackas on 06/16/06 at 2:20 pm

The Sopranos is possibly one of the best shows to grace the screen in the past decade.

Amen, Brotha!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/16/06 at 2:31 pm

I have to disagree with you. IMO M*A*S*H was one of the best shows EVER. (Much better then the movie). It was a very REAL show-the characters were very realistic as well as the situations. A great cast and great writting.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/16/06 at 2:54 pm

Three's Company.Why couldn't Jack be able to have sex with at least 1 of his roomates Janet or Chrissy? ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/16/06 at 2:55 pm

That's the whole point.  He's the same guy that created Seinfeld.

I guess they both had something in common.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/16/06 at 2:57 pm

I watched Sex and the City on the assumption that it would indeed deal with Sex and maybe on the oft chance that there would be some tits on show.
How disappointing!
Four pretentious tarts, one of which (admittedly fuc.kable) is a complete whore.. the two others I have no lasting recollection of and then another (the one the show surrounds) who's so hung up on herself it's not funny.
I mean come on, that guy she was seeing, dang bitch, sink your claws in yo!

You apparently never watched it when it was on HBO because there was plenty of nudity then.  The episodes airing on TBS have been filtered for network TV.  Also, you actually needed to watch the show to understand the characters and why they are the way they are.  It's not a 30 minute porno.  If you watched all 6 seasons, you'd see very dramatic character development (marriage, divorce, miscarriages, one of them gets cancer, another one's boyfriend gets cancer)......there were serious themes running throughout the show.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/06 at 2:59 pm

You apparently never watched it when it was on HBO because there was plenty of nudity then.

I rarely see nudity now that it's on Channel 11

Check for new replies or respond here...