inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Firefox vs Internet Explorer

Written By: whistledog on 06/16/06 at 10:49 pm

Which browser do you like better?  What are some of your opinions on both of them?

I use Firefox everywhere I go except for MySpace, cause it makes my page look all distorted.  I don't ever use IE when I come to inthe00s cause it makes my avatars animate at a slower than normal rate

I also have to use Firefox whenever I upload mp3's to file storage sites, cause none of them seem to like IE too much  :\'(

Subject: Re: Firefox vs Internet Explorer

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/16/06 at 10:53 pm

Firefox has better features and just has a nicer look and feel overall. Only downside is that some sites only work in IE.  :-\\

Written By: rich1981 on 06/16/06 at 10:57 pm

Firefox, because it's more secure than IE and you can add cool extensions to it but yes there are web sites that are designed to only work with IE.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/16/06 at 10:58 pm

Firefox.

Internet Explorer is garbage.

Written By: Apricot on 06/16/06 at 11:03 pm

I like FireFox for the tab feature and I have a Music Hookup to control my Media Player. I also like the sweet skins and stuff. It's more visually appealing.

The only things I dislike are how it messes up Web Logs like Xanga, and how music won't stream on Blogs.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/16/06 at 11:12 pm

I like FireFox for the tab feature and I have a Music Hookup to control my Media Player. I also like the sweet skins and stuff. It's more visually appealing.

The only things I dislike are how it messes up Web Logs like Xanga, and how music won't stream on Blogs.

I use Firefox and I have no problem with streaming music.  A lot of the MLB blogs that my friends have utilize streaming music/video and I've never had an issue.

Written By: whistledog on 06/16/06 at 11:37 pm

If it wasn't for MySpace, I'd probably never use Internet Explorer unless I came upon a site that wasn't compatible with Firefox.  I've yet to see one of those yet

Written By: Apricot on 06/16/06 at 11:44 pm

If it wasn't for MySpace, I'd probably never use Internet Explorer unless I came upon a site that wasn't compatible with Firefox.  I've yet to see one of those yet

LaunchCast doesn't work with it.. music.yahoo.com, yanno?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/16/06 at 11:45 pm

People use LaunchCast?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/16/06 at 11:46 pm

LauchCast sucks.

Anything Yahoo! related sucks.

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/17/06 at 12:12 am

Firefox

Written By: Apricot on 06/17/06 at 12:16 am

LauchCast sucks.

Anything Yahoo! related sucks.

It's recommended a LOT of good artists to me.. the trick is switching it from the star system to the 1-100 numerical scale. And it goes through it's phases of sucking sometimes.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/17/06 at 12:44 am

Oh man, I HATE Firefox.

Internet Explorer is my whore.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/17/06 at 2:13 am

Firefox is less buggy, but lacks some of the features of I.E. But I usually use Firefox these days.

Written By: JohnDenver on 06/17/06 at 9:59 am

Well, Firefox (with plugins) has a lot of cool features that IE doesn't. Also, on the slow computers that I usually use, it is much faster. However, when downloading a page, the entire program frezes until the download completes. :(

Written By: Apricot on 06/17/06 at 10:48 am

Well, Firefox (with plugins) has a lot of cool features that IE doesn't. Also, on the slow computers that I usually use, it is much faster. However, when downloading a page, the entire program frezes until the download completes. :(

Really? I never have the freezing problem.

And it seems like I'm the only person it's actually faster for... one window with tabs saves Virtual Memory.

Written By: whistledog on 06/17/06 at 11:07 am

I love the fasterfox plug-in for FireFox.  It speeds up page loading times, and even tells you how many seconds it takes for a page to load

Written By: FaultyDog on 06/17/06 at 11:38 am

I hardly ever use Firefox.

IE came with my computer, so that's my standard. Sometimes I have to use Firefox to upload sound clippings to FileCabin, when IE can't handle it for some reason... But lately, FileCabin has no problems under IE. :)

Written By: chaka on 06/17/06 at 11:45 am

I use Internet Explorer.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/18/06 at 11:06 am

Firefox is a LOT slower for me. Also, it doesn't seem to be able to play audio files.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/18/06 at 11:20 am

Firefox is a LOT slower for me. Also, it doesn't seem to be able to play audio files.

I've been hearing that complaint alot; that it doesn't play audio files, but I'm thinking it's the computers because I've never had a problem with Firefox playing audio files.

Written By: Apricot on 06/18/06 at 4:36 pm

I've been hearing that complaint alot; that it doesn't play audio files, but I'm thinking it's the computers because I've never had a problem with Firefox playing audio files.

Mine does, but on Web-Logs. FireFox is weird with Blogs.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/18/06 at 5:18 pm

Mine does, but on Web-Logs. FireFox is weird with Blogs.

When you say Web-Logs is that the name of a website or are you just talking about blogs in general?  Because if it's blogs in general, it might be your computer because no one I know who uses Firefox has that problem.  Have you updated Firefox recently?  Do you have the appropriate applications on your computer to handle streaming music?  Some use Flash, some use Shockwave.

Written By: whistledog on 06/18/06 at 5:43 pm

I find Firefox is a bit slower than IE.  If you download the Fasterfox add-on, it speeds it up a little

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/18/06 at 5:44 pm

IE gives me nothing but problems now, I usually always use Firefox.

Written By: Apricot on 06/18/06 at 7:01 pm

When you say Web-Logs is that the name of a website or are you just talking about blogs in general?  Because if it's blogs in general, it might be your computer because no one I know who uses Firefox has that problem.  Have you updated Firefox recently?  Do you have the appropriate applications on your computer to handle streaming music?  Some use Flash, some use Shockwave.

I have both of those on my computer... and Web-Logs meant blogs in general.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/19/06 at 7:54 am

I use Internet Explorer

Written By: Howard on 06/19/06 at 4:20 pm

People use LaunchCast?

I use launchcast and I have a personalized radio station

Check for new replies or respond here...