inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Embarrassing moments...

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/23/06 at 5:26 pm

... I'll tell you when I think of one.

Subject: Re: Embarrassing moments...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/23/06 at 9:17 pm

well...I posted this somewhere else before....but w/o getting into too many details...let's just say that I was in middle school, and it was that "time of the month"....and I had a bit of an accident, and my mom had to bring me new clothes to school. :-[ :-\\

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/23/06 at 9:18 pm

well...I posted this somewhere else before....but w/o getting into too many details...let's just say that I was in middle school, and it was that "time of the month"....and I had a bit of an accident, and my mom had to bring me new clothes to school. :-[ :-\\

HA!  That's happened to me.  The teacher thought it was the first one ever......so she was all like, "Go home, relax and remember.....you're a woman now!"

I had it for 4 years at that point.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/23/06 at 9:19 pm

HA!  That's happened to me.  The teacher thought it was the first one ever......so she was all like, "Go home, relax and remember.....you're a woman now!"

I had it for 4 years at that point.

OMG!!! :D ;D  That's so horrible when that happens...yikes..I thought my world was ending or something!! ;D

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/06 at 9:19 pm

About a month ago, I congratulated some woman on her baby.  She wasn't pregnant  :-[

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/23/06 at 9:20 pm

OMG!!! :D ;D  That's so horrible when that happens...yikes..I thought my world was ending or something!! ;D

It was mondo embarrassing only because that meant having to leave the classroom in the middle of a lesson and then not coming back to class.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/23/06 at 9:22 pm

It was mondo embarrassing only because that meant having to leave the classroom in the middle of a lesson and then not coming back to class.

ya...and having to wear your backpack, or tie a sweatshirt around your waist... so it's positioned just right...to conceal the problem!! LOL! ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/23/06 at 9:25 pm

Holy crap, if someone would have said that to me the first time, I think I would have slit my wrists the first chance I got.

Written By: jackas on 06/23/06 at 10:07 pm

About a month ago, I congratulated some woman on her baby.  She wasn't pregnant  :-[

I did this not too long ago.  She was a cashier at the grocery store, so everytime I went in there I tried to stay on the opposite side of the store from her.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/23/06 at 10:08 pm

oh crap....that's too bad! :D

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/23/06 at 11:17 pm

A couple that I can think of right now are...

This was years ago, I was working at Sears and I had just waited on a customer.  She and her friend were arguing about holding something, one lady would say "Here, you hold it" and the other would reply "No, you hold it.".  They did it a couple more times and as they started to walk away another customer walked up to me and instead of saying "Can I help you?"  I said "Hi, can I hold you?"...it was a guy.  LOL!!

Next one happened at the airport about 17 years ago.  My husband and I were newlyweds and he had to fly back to Norfolk (he was in the Navy), I was basically sobbing because he was leaving.  So he gets on the plane, I'm still sobbing but I also needed to go to the bathroom.  Because of the tears I didn't look at which door I was going into, so I walk in, look up and see a man peeing in the urinal.  I looked right at him and said "I must be in the wrong place." and left.

Written By: jackas on 06/23/06 at 11:29 pm

I have a story that's not embarrassing, but just funny.....at least to me. :P  So I was at this pizza place and had to use the restroom.  I go down the hallway and both the mens and womens bathrooms were on the right side of the hall and they are they type of bathrooms that only one person can use at a time.  So I open the door to the womens bathroom and there is a woman pulling down her pants and just about to sit down.  I apologize, close the door and wait in the hall...standing right in front of the mens restroom.  While I'm waiting, a guy comes walking down the hall and precedes to walk into the mens restroom.  As he opens the door I look in and there is a guy sitting on the toilet with his pants around his ankles!!!  So the guy apologizes and shuts the door.  I just started busting up laughing and told the guy that I had just done the same thing to a woman in the other room. ;D  I felt bad for the guy on the toilet who had both of us looking at him on the toilet.  I went back to my table and could not stop laughing.....I couldn't even tell the people I was there with what had just happened.  I laughed the rest of the night.....I'm laughing now. ;D ;D ;D

Written By: La Roche on 06/23/06 at 11:36 pm

Well, thankfully nobody saw this one..

I was totally stone cold sober, walked in to a friend's bathroom and proceeded to take a piss in the sink.
I didn't think it was possible to be embarrassed without anybody there to see what you did, but I was.

The worst however....

I was thoroughly stoned, sitting on a bridge over a canal. I leaned forward to look at a ball that was floating past. As I leaned forward I obviously thought that something would support my hand.. so, as my hand went straight through thin air I just went forward. Splash, in to the canal.

Written By: jackas on 06/23/06 at 11:39 pm

The worst however....

I was thoroughly stoned, sitting on a bridge over a canal. I leaned forward to look at a ball that was floating past. As I leaned forward I obviously thought that something would support my hand.. so, as my hand went straight through thin air I just went forward. Splash, in to the canal.

Dummy!

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/23/06 at 11:41 pm

Dummy!

Or... stoner!

Written By: La Roche on 06/23/06 at 11:41 pm

Dummy!

You know when you put your hand out to lean on something and it just isn't there, we've all done it.

Written By: jackas on 06/23/06 at 11:45 pm

You know when you put your hand out to lean on something and it just isn't there, we've all done it.

Yeah, I know.  I just had to give you crap......for my entertainment.

I almost fell into a window the other day....I went to lean on the wall right next to the window, but I was further over than I thought.  I was kind of floating there for a few seconds and couldn't figure out what was going on.  I guess I caught my balance before I fell into it. ::)

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/23/06 at 11:47 pm

You like to think that, don't you?

Written By: CeeKay on 06/24/06 at 2:26 am

Just this morning I was driving down a street in my town when I saw a friend walking along the sidewalk.  I thought I'd ask her if she wanted to have coffee with me -- and I thought I'd surprise her.  I slowly pulled me car up behind her, lowered my window and drove up....poked my head out the window and

............ it wasn't her.  Some lady I had never seen before.  So I said, "um...hi..." and drove away.  :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/24/06 at 2:33 am

Just this morning I was driving down a street in my town when I saw a friend walking along the sidewalk.  I thought I'd ask her if she wanted to have coffee with me -- and I thought I'd surprise her.  I slowly pulled me car up behind her, lowered my window and drove up....poked my head out the window and

............ it wasn't her.  Some lady I had never seen before.  So I said, "um...hi..." and drove away.  :D
at least you were polite. maybe she thought it was gonna be a drive-by  :o 

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/24/06 at 3:41 am

When I was young and immature, I had a ringtone of a woman enjoying herself very much  ;) ;) ;) ;D (having an orgasm, for those who don't get it), on my old Nokia 3650 phone. Well, once I had to go to the councillor for a study-related thing, and since I (of course) forget to turn off my phone, someone called me right at that time. Needless to say, I'm sure it was all in a day's work for that counseller, lmao.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/24/06 at 3:16 pm

that's freakin' hilarious!! ;D

Written By: whistledog on 06/24/06 at 4:05 pm

Many many years ago, I was downtown in a hock shop looking at a rack of cassette tapes.  As I bent over to look at the ones on the bottom shelf, I suddenly let out this loud crackling fart.  But if that wasn't bad enough, as I straightened myself up, I let out an even louder fart that sounded like a balloon quickly losing air.  I was so embarrased that I got the hell out of there fast ;D

Written By: Bobby on 06/24/06 at 4:48 pm

That certainly is embarrassing.  ;D

I don't embarrass very easily but when I was 10 years old I farted during school assembly. I didn't think it would matter but it echoed acoustically around the hall. It was so loud even the teachers were looking around to find out what made the sound, lol.

Written By: ADH13 on 06/24/06 at 5:39 pm

Just recently my coffee spilled while I was driving to a doggie daycare facility where I was volunteering for a couple weeks... and the way it spilled, it looked like I peed my pants.  So when people were bringing their dogs, I was trying to hide behind whatever I could... but all the dogs kept trying to sniff my crotch where the coffee had spilled.

Luckily they only needed me to help out for an hour & a half.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/24/06 at 8:31 pm

Many many years ago, I was downtown in a hock shop looking at a rack of cassette tapes.  As I bent over to look at the ones on the bottom shelf, I suddenly let out this loud crackling fart.  But if that wasn't bad enough, as I straightened myself up, I let out an even louder fart that sounded like a balloon quickly losing air.  I was so embarrased that I got the hell out of there fast ;D

OMG....that is so funny and horrible...all wrapped up in one! LOL! ;D :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/24/06 at 8:45 pm

We go up to Lake Tahoe every summer for a week. Last August after dinner, me & a couple of the guys wanted to see Wedding Crashers. My daughter Julie & her friend Kayla went with us, but were seeing a different movie (of course). We were at the ticket window getting tix, & after we got tixs, I saw 2 girls out of the corner of my eye next to me that i thought was them. So without looking at them l said, "when your movie is over, make sure you meet us outside right here ok? Right here, I don't wanna be looking all over for you & then we'll go to Starbucks after".  They said nothing, so I looked up & it was NOT my daughter & her friend but 2 other surprised semi freaked out teenage girls & I apologized & tried to explain & my friends were laughing & the girls realized I had made a mistake & wasn't hittin' on them. It was very embarassing.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/24/06 at 9:44 pm

We go up to Lake Tahoe every summer for a week. Last August after dinner, me & a couple of the guys wanted to see Wedding Crashers. My daughter Julie & her friend Kayla went with us, but were seeing a different movie (of course). We were at the ticket window getting tix, & after we got tixs, I saw 2 girls out of the corner of my eye next to me that i thought was them. So without looking at them l said, "when your movie is over, make sure you meet us outside right here ok? Right here, I don't wanna be looking all over for you & then we'll go to Starbucks after".  They said nothing, so I looked up & it was NOT my daughter & her friend but 2 other surprised semi freaked out teenage girls & I apologized & tried to explain & my friends were laughing & the girls realized I had made a mistake & wasn't hittin' on them. It was very embarassing.

Hahahaha! I feel sorry for you, but that is pretty funny.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/24/06 at 9:47 pm

Hahahaha! I feel sorry for you, but that is pretty funny.
thanks, it was funny,& embarassing, and i felt sorry for those 2 girls, but hoped they would get a laugh out of it as they told their friends they thought some old fogey was trying to pick up on them. poor kids  :-[

Written By: Jessica on 06/25/06 at 10:40 am

I was talking to my friend on IM last night and he was cooking spaghetti. He hadn't answered me for a long time, so being the smarta$$ that I am, I asked him if his pasta was limp yet. His girlfriend answered with, "______ is AFK right now. His pasta is just fine though." Whoops.  :P

Written By: Howard on 06/25/06 at 5:32 pm

I didn't make it home to my bathroom on time. :o

Written By: KKay on 06/26/06 at 9:38 am

I was in a nice italian restaurant and was telling a story...using sweeping, overdramatic gestures (as I am wont to do) and one large motion ended with me hitting the waiter in the nuts and the dishes crashing to the ground.

Also- I was in a club and going through western style saloon doors from the dancehall to the bar and moved a bit too quickly..and hit Michael Stipe in the face and sent him to the floor.  And ran away.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/26/06 at 10:42 am

I was in a nice italian restaurant and was telling a story...using sweeping, overdramatic gestures (as I am wont to do) and one large motion ended with me hitting the waiter in the nuts and the dishes crashing to the ground.

Also- I was in a club and going through western style saloon doors from the dancehall to the bar and moved a bit too quickly..and hit Michael Stipe in the face and sent him to the floor.  And ran away.

You touched Michael Stipe in the face!?

:O!:!O:!O!:O! SHAKE MY HAND!!

Written By: KKay on 06/26/06 at 10:45 am

You touched Michael Stipe in the face!?

Actually, i pushed the swinging door and THAT hit him in the face.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/26/06 at 10:48 am

Actually, i pushed the swinging door and THAT hit him in the face.

Oh... well you should be ashamed then!

Written By: KKay on 06/26/06 at 10:51 am

Oh... well you should be ashamed then!

Yeah. I really need to take it down a notch.

Check for new replies or respond here...