inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Past Life? Who would you be?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/23/06 at 9:26 pm

If you could choose what you would have been in a past life...what would it be?

I would have to say...an old time burlesque or Vaudevillian performer for myself....I could just so see me doing something like that.

Subject: Re: Past Life? Who would you be?

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/06 at 9:28 pm

I could be one of those distinguished gentlemen in the 1800s who wear those giant top hats, and say things like "Ta Ta" and "Cheerio" ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/23/06 at 9:28 pm

I think at some point I was a Western pioneer.

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/23/06 at 9:30 pm

Probably a traveling salesman.

Or Babe Ruth.

Written By: Apricot on 06/23/06 at 9:48 pm

Probably some prostitue or hippy, knowing me. Or Pol Pot.

Written By: jackas on 06/23/06 at 10:03 pm

An insane genius.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/23/06 at 10:05 pm

In my past lives (I'm an old soul, according to all the lines on my hands), I lived in (since I get "strong feelings" from all of these places):
-India.
-Arabia.
-Germany, in particular Berlin during the Cabaret era.
-SE New England.
-Los Angeles.

I think I was a court poet/academic and a prostitute.

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/23/06 at 10:18 pm

Do some people say if you have a strong feeling for a place you lived there in a past life? ???

In my case those places would include:

-Spain(particularly the southern area, Andalucia)
-Northern California, in the general area of Monterey, Socelito(sp?), el Gato, Salinas etc. 'John Steinbeck country', particularly in the 1920s and 30s
-the Punjab region of whats now Pakistan
-Sicily

I think my 'soul' may have a thing for warm climates.  In this life I'm in Texas.

Note: the areas above are places that have held a particular interest for me in my lifetime and have elicited a particular feeling I get compared to other places.  I have no clue if theres really a "spiritual" reason for these feelings.

Written By: Apricot on 06/23/06 at 10:40 pm

I didn't know that strong tie thing.. in that case, I probably lived in Oregon, Berlin, or Russia (European Russia, around Leningrad)

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/23/06 at 10:53 pm

Maybe a Romantic Poet in Paris in the 1890s or something...or a King in Ancient Persia or something...

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/06 at 10:54 pm

Only one name comes to mind here, Charles Babbage.

Written By: La Roche on 06/23/06 at 11:40 pm

Adolf Hitler

I know I was a berserker.

Working myself in to a frenzy before battle, attacking my enemy, coming through on the side, Axe in hand, crushing skulls, drinking from my enemy's skull, dieing gloriously in battle and ascending to the hall of the Einherjar.

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/24/06 at 12:08 am

I could picture myself living in England during thr Edwardian era. Wearing gowns like these...

http://www.magusfloral.com/Period_middle_Edwardian_gown.jpg 

http://www.vintagetextile.com/images/Gallery/1360x.jpg

http://www.vintagetextile.com/images/Gallery/c154x.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/24/06 at 12:11 am

I could picture myself living in England during thr Edwardian era. Wearing gowns like these...

http://www.magusfloral.com/Period_middle_Edwardian_gown.jpg 

http://www.vintagetextile.com/images/Gallery/1360x.jpg

http://www.vintagetextile.com/images/Gallery/c154x.jpg

simply beautiful!!

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/24/06 at 3:37 am

simply beautiful!!

There's nothing 'Simply beautiful' about wearing those suffocating things they call corsets.  :D

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/24/06 at 10:46 am

There's nothing 'Simply beautiful' about wearing those suffocating things they call corsets.  :D

Ya know, yesterday I was sitting outside in a tank top and shorts complaining about how hot it was, so I would probably not survive in those dresses, bloomer, corset, slips....I'm sweating just thinking about it!!  LOL!!

Still, they're pretty to look at.

Written By: JohnDenver on 06/24/06 at 2:01 pm

If you subscribe to the reincarnation theory... Why not believe that we can be reincarnated as someone in the past? For example, who can say that I wasn't an anchient Egyptian in my last life, and will be a member of Abraham Lincoln's cabinet in the enxt life? Hmmm? And while we're on this bizarre note, what if everyone in the world is the same person being reincarnated as different people in different times?

Okay, enough of the mind-bending exercises. Class dismissed.

Written By: loki 13 on 06/24/06 at 2:35 pm

A past life? Who would I be? I'd have to say a Samurai. I like the Asian culture,
especially that of the Samurai in the 14th and 15th century Japan.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/25/06 at 11:09 am

If you subscribe to the reincarnation theory... Why not believe that we can be reincarnated as someone in the past? For example, who can say that I wasn't an anchient Egyptian in my last life, and will be a member of Abraham Lincoln's cabinet in the enxt life? Hmmm? And while we're on this bizarre note, what if everyone in the world is the same person being reincarnated as different people in different times?

There are 1001 logical holes in that theory, but anyway.

Written By: Apricot on 06/25/06 at 1:43 pm

You'd know all about that, wouldn't you, Trimac? :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/25/06 at 2:40 pm

-A Celtic Druid in Ancient times
-A seer in Egypt during the Roman Empire
-A Buddist in China
-A Gypsy in the Middle Ages
-A French during the French Revolution (I probably died in the war or just after and came back fairly quickly as....)
-An Irish mother in the Mid-19th Century (I believe that Carlos was an Irish fisherman during this time, too)
-A union organizer during the beginning of the 20th Century.
-I know I was born in 1958 but didn't live too long-because I always felt that I should have been born 5 years earlier than I was. My gender? Not sure. I feel that I was probably mostly female during most of my other lives.

Cat

Written By: mugg on 06/25/06 at 11:17 pm

Jesus Christ not Jesus the gardener, it would be fun to play jokes on people, the water is only ankle deep, sure you can cross here. I'd also be popular at keggers.

Written By: La Roche on 06/28/06 at 1:00 pm

Jesus Christ not Jesus the gardener, it would be fun to play jokes on people, the water is only ankle deep, sure you can cross here. I'd also be popular at keggers.

I'm sorry, but.. you're avatar is one of my favourite albums ever.

Ok, that was all.

Written By: jackas on 06/28/06 at 3:13 pm

I'm sorry, but.. you're avatar is one of my favourite albums ever.

Ok, that was all.

Stop kissing mugg's ass.

Written By: mugg on 07/22/06 at 8:17 pm

Stop kissing mugg's ass.

he can kiss, there is room for the both of you   ;D

Written By: Tia on 07/22/06 at 9:50 pm

i want to be (or rather have been) a greek philosopher, and then a roman gladiator.

and then a wwi flying ace, and then a wwii scientist working on top secret weapons!

i've heard that theory about how we're all the same person cycling through everyone's life in different orders, by the way. it's a hot one.

i think it was in a book called "5000 b.c."? that was the same one that made the argument that if you met someone who saw all the colors of the rainbow backward from you (so that black was white etc.) you would never know because he'd just have the same name for all the different colors. it's a good book.

it also said that maybe the purpose of humanity was to lay absolute waste to the planet so that no other race as horribly repulsive and violent as humanity could ever emerge here again. i don't necessarily subscribe to that one.

hey! did anybody ever read or see "the search for bridey murphy"?

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/22/06 at 9:56 pm

Somebody please tell me what they think I was in my past life...I'm having trouble deciding (base it on my personality, etc.)

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/23/06 at 9:49 am

You'd know all about that, wouldn't you, Trimac? :D

I don't need to wear them to know...  ::)

Written By: Tia on 07/23/06 at 9:59 am

i'm trying to get a sense how well known it is.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/23/06 at 11:11 am

Nuuuuupe.

Written By: Tia on 07/23/06 at 12:12 pm

Nuuuuupe.
good.

i sent you some corduroy last night, because i think you were a london hipster in a previous life.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/23/06 at 12:16 pm

good.

i sent you some corduroy last night, because i think you were a london hipster in a previous life.

Haha, ok.. thanks.

Written By: La Roche on 07/23/06 at 1:44 pm

Josef Mengele.
I have an experimental spirit.

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/23/06 at 2:29 pm

I saw it a long time ago. 

But that doesn't mean it's very well known, you and I have been know to watch movies that people have never even heard of.

Written By: Tia on 07/23/06 at 2:45 pm

I saw it a long time ago. 

But that doesn't mean it's very well known, you and I have been know to watch movies that people have never even heard of.
true, that, not everybody has invasin of the bee girls in common.

i love the part in Bridey Murphy when she starts singing the song and it's like she's stuck in the trance. spooky!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/26/06 at 3:00 pm

I'd like to have been around in the 1920's as a beautiful Flapper girl, but with an edgy attitude and Suffragette leanings.

I'd live in a huge swanky apartment filled with stunning 'up to the minute'  Art Nouveau/Deco furniture, Tiffany lamps and such, and have a string of very handsome male admirers - which does clash somewhat with my Suffragette connections - but hey  ;D

Written By: chaka on 07/26/06 at 3:05 pm

I'd like to have been around in the 1920's as a beautiful Flapper girl, but with an edgy attitude and Suffragette leanings.

I'd live in a huge swanky apartment filled with stunning 'up to the minute'  Art Nouveau/Deco furniture, Tiffany lamps and such, and have a string of very handsome male admirers - which does clash somewhat with my Suffragette connections - but hey   ;D

-> David Bowie: Suffragette City  8)

Written By: Johnny_D on 07/26/06 at 3:58 pm

Heh heh. I couldn't have said it better myself.  Wait a minute...  ???

Written By: KKay on 07/26/06 at 4:03 pm

this is hard.

an androgynous german artist studying Dada
Houdini's assistant (eventually fired)
on expedition in Cairo in the 30s (died from mummy's curse)
on the beach in California in the 50s (probably died of drug overdose)
and some girl that worked in a diner that jack Kerouac pledged undying love to and never wrote as he traveled to Colorado (but his friend did...and brought her to NY to go on the write comedy for tv in the 50s.)

I'm sure there is a prostitute in there somewhere...oooh! maybe in the old west or the beginnings of New York.

Written By: Tia on 07/26/06 at 4:28 pm

I'm sure there is a prostitute in there somewhere...oooh! maybe in the old west or the beginnings of New York.

how bout right now? i been savin'.

Written By: KKay on 07/26/06 at 4:32 pm

how bout right now? i been savin'.

oh! Sure..  sorry, didn't realise.
it's an awful long bus ride, though.
but, hey, it's your cash!

Written By: Tia on 07/27/06 at 2:50 am

oh! Sure..  sorry, didn't realise.
it's an awful long bus ride, though.
but, hey, it's your cash!
i think we should wait until the first big HuG show. i know how you like a romantic atmosphere and there's bound to be lots of big scary black eagles there. ;)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/27/06 at 4:27 am

You know, this was once asked about me, to an actual clairaudiant.

The first words out of her mouth were, "I have never run into a soul as old as yours!"

I was told that a few of my psat lives included being:

-A beggar in the streets of Scotland, whose feet were cut (That supposedly explains my bilat. clubfoot)
-A storyteller in ancient Madagascar (which supposedly explains my poetic & musical ability)
-A berserker in the Jomsburg Vikings, in the late 10th Century (which supposedly explains my temper)
-An emperor in a country now shrouded only in legends & myths (Mhu Thulan)
-A soldier in the Vietnam War (which supposedly explains my fear of skyborne fireworks)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/27/06 at 6:11 am

-> David Bowie: Suffragette City  8)

Excellent record and musician

Written By: KKay on 07/27/06 at 8:20 am

i think we should wait until the first big HuG show. i know how you like a romantic atmosphere and there's bound to be lots of big scary black eagles there. ;)

Now I have to go; promises of romance, goth statuary and cash?  How can a girl say no?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/bats.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...