inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: when good intentions go bad

Written By: mugg on 06/27/06 at 6:42 pm

have you ever done something you thought was going to be nice and it backfires?
have you noticed any people or groups in the media or in life in general that obviously think they are doing good but in your opinion you differ?

Subject: Re: when good intentions go bad

Written By: Step-chan on 06/27/06 at 6:55 pm

I think I've had it happen once or twice.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/27/06 at 7:18 pm

have you noticed any people or groups in the media or in life in general that obviously think they are doing good but in your opinion you differ?

yes...one time I let a friend of mine borrow $300.00 and she ended up screwing me over and never paying me back. >:(

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/27/06 at 8:03 pm

At the risk of ranting:  ALL OF THEM!

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.  It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.  The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth.  Their very kindness stings with intolerable insult.  To be 'cured' against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level with those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.  But to be punished, however severely, because we have deserved it, because we 'ought to have known better', is to be treated as a human person made in God's image."
-  C. S. Lewis

The harder a politician tries to convince you he's doing it for the children, the harder you should grab onto your wallet, and the more seriously you should consider leaving the country for freer climes. 

Doesn't matter whether it's a religious fundamentalist who's trying to protect your soul from seeing b00bies or hearing naughty words in your music, or if it's a "Diana Moon Glampers" Chief Handicapper wannabe who's trying to protect you from the consequences of your own mistakes (you know the type, can't use red ink on spelling errors because it might shatter your self-esteem, and refuses to keep score, even when playing soccer or volleyball), or both of them joining forces to protect you from the explosions in your video games.

Written By: ADH13 on 06/27/06 at 11:15 pm

Yes.  Liberals.

Written By: CeeKay on 06/27/06 at 11:20 pm

I know there have been times when I set out to do something good and just screwed up and the other person never understood.  I just can't think of a particular example right now.  I think this happens every day on so many levels.

Written By: Apricot on 06/27/06 at 11:42 pm

Yes.  Liberals.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/TheMoonandAntarctica/Forum%20Stuff/OhNoSheDidnt.jpg

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/28/06 at 2:51 am

O, where to start?!?!?

Ultra-right wing conservatives who think physically-challenged people deserve to be kept under heel like vermin;
any radio DJ who finds it funny to curse every other word on-the-air;
girls I went to High School with, who took a personal vow that I would NEVER reproduce;
comedians who think they're funny, but they only have the continual one-shtick joke;
Arnold Schwarzennegger;
Howard Stern;
certain "drugged-out nuns";
whoever was responsible for cancelling "Manimal" from TV;
.......should I stop now???

Written By: Step-chan on 06/28/06 at 5:25 pm

Now I'm thinking about the guy who I lent 27 dollars(he avoids me, especially after I confronted him about it. He tried to borrow more from me the first time he seen me in awhile, he claimed he was in jail) and my sister, who owes me 60 dollars, it's pretty bad when you can't trust family(at least she didn't ask for any more).

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/28/06 at 5:31 pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/TheMoonandAntarctica/Forum%20Stuff/OhNoSheDidnt.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/boojispud/Ashley3.jpg

Written By: jackas on 06/29/06 at 1:19 pm

Yes.  Liberals.

;D ;D :D

Sometimes they do good, most of the time they start all kinds of needless hype.  But keep one thing in mind people.....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/burritos.jpg

:D

I give!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/01/06 at 11:06 pm

;D ;D :D

Sometimes they do good, most of the time they start all kinds of needless hype.  But keep one thing in mind people.....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/burritos.jpg

:D

I give!
;D  that's a great sign, however I don't agree since I can whip up a pretty good muy bueno & mucho grande burrito myself     

Written By: jackas on 07/02/06 at 11:06 pm

;D  that's a great sign, however I don't agree since I can whip up a pretty good muy bueno & mucho grande burrito myself       

^^^ ;D

They must be very very good good.  You'll have to send me one.http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/tongue/lickout.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...