inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your Theme Song

Written By: Apricot on 06/27/06 at 10:55 pm

If you had a theme song, what would it be?

For some reason (and the fact I love it), I think "First Of The Gang To Die" by Morrissey for me.

And you?

Subject: Re: Your Theme Song

Written By: ktelqueen on 06/27/06 at 10:57 pm

i kinda do..Dancing Queen by ABBA  :D

Written By: ADH13 on 06/27/06 at 10:59 pm

Hmm... I thought about that once before, but I don't remember if I ever came up with the perfect theme song or if I just got distracted and forgot about it.

I'll have to think about it some more.  I'll answer soon. :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/27/06 at 11:03 pm

Hmm... I thought about that once before, but I don't remember if I ever came up with the perfect theme song or if I just got distracted and forgot about it.

Same here... ???

Written By: ADH13 on 06/27/06 at 11:14 pm

The closest thing I can think of off the top of my head is "Wasted On The Way" by CSN&Y, because I'm always tripping on how time flies... my mom turned 60 today.  My friends who are only a couple years older than me are becoming grandparents already.  What happened?? :o

Written By: CeeKay on 06/27/06 at 11:17 pm

Off the top of my head I'm going to choose...."Beautiful" by Carole King.  I like listening to that song in the morning when I'm getting ready for the day.  It makes me smile.  :)

Written By: CeeKay on 06/27/06 at 11:18 pm

The closest thing I can think of off the top of my head is "Wasted On The Way" by CSN&Y, because I'm always tripping on how time flies... my mom turned 60 today.   My friends who are only a couple years older than me are becoming grandparents already.  What happened?? :o

Good choice, Odyssey.  What did happen to all those years?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/27/06 at 11:20 pm

The closest thing I can think of off the top of my head is "Wasted On The Way" by CSN&Y, because I'm always tripping on how time flies... my mom turned 60 today.   My friends who are only a couple years older than me are becoming grandparents already.  What happened?? :o

That's a great song, Andrea...I love CS&N!  :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/27/06 at 11:45 pm

Probably "Wild World" by Cat Stevens. I can see my husband singing it to me when I tell him I must retain my independence in our marriage.

Written By: ADH13 on 06/27/06 at 11:46 pm

Probably "Wild World" by Cat Stevens. I can see my husband singing it to me when I tell him I must retain my independence in our marriage.

urg... that is one of those few great songs that has the uncanny ability to make me cry for absolutely no reason at all...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/27/06 at 11:47 pm

Either "Bitch" by Meredith Brooks (more women need to own that word; there's no shame in getting what you want) or "Strict Machine" by Goldfrapp.

Written By: whistledog on 06/27/06 at 11:49 pm

Boy Inside the Man - Tom Cochrane and Red Rider  :D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/27/06 at 11:50 pm

urg... that is one of those few great songs that has the uncanny ability to make me cry for absolutely no reason at all...

It really does, doesn't it?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/28/06 at 2:39 am

Either "Bitch" by Meredith Brooks (more women need to own that word; there's no shame in getting what you want) or "Strict Machine" by Goldfrapp.

Well, it certainly fits you.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/28/06 at 2:46 am

As for me, there seem to be 4 songs that interact with me, as theme songs:

-"I'm Still Standing", by Elton John (due to my birth condition: severe bilateral club foot, & what I've gone through to keep walking all this time)

-"You're No Different", by Ozzy Osbourne (the song I send out to anyone who tries to stop me from what I want to accomplish in life, as well as those who have no good reason to hate me, so they do it for spite)

-"Happyman", by Stakka Bo (this song describes how I am in comparison to most of society)

-"Doing Time On Planet Earth", by Wayne Hamilton (this song describes a typical day, and I noted how well it fit me...)

Written By: Gis on 06/28/06 at 3:28 am

Well another vote for Abba's Dancing Queen as it is the song a lot of my friends associate with me.

My favorite song of all time is Teenage Kicks by the Undertones so that too.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/28/06 at 4:36 am

That's nice and all, but if you have something unkind to say to me, I'd prefer if you used PMs. 

Written By: jackas on 06/28/06 at 6:38 am

My friends who are only a couple years older than me are becoming grandparents already.  What happened?? :o

They all had kids much too young?

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/28/06 at 8:41 am

^Word.  I couldn't imagine being a parent right now.  Hell, I doubt even in another five or six years I could. :P

My theme song? Hmm.. maybe "The Midnight Rider" by The Allman Brothers Band.

Written By: KKay on 06/28/06 at 10:21 am

Well, there are the songs that remind other people of you and the ones you hold dear...
I would choose

Thursday's Child by David Bowie
Here's part of it....

All of my life I've tried so hard
Doing my best with what I had
Nothing much happened all the same

Something about me stood apart
A whisper of hope that seemed to fail
Maybe I'm born right out of my time
Breaking my life in two

Throw me tomorrow
Now that I've really got a chance
Throw me tomorrow
Everything's falling into place
Throw me tomorrow
Seeing my past to let it go
Throw me tomorrow
Only for you I don't regret
That I was Thursday's child

Sometimes I cried my heart to sleep
Shuffling days and lonesome nights
Sometimes my courage fell to my feet
Lucky old sun is in my sky
Nothing prepared me for your smile

Written By: Apricot on 06/28/06 at 12:00 pm

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fight's on!

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/28/06 at 3:49 pm

That's nice and all, but if you have something unkind to say to me, I'd prefer if you used PMs. 

What unkind? You made a statement; I agreed with you.
It's unkind to agree with someone now?

Boy, the Constitution must be changing!!!
Someone better call Howard Stern!

Written By: Howard on 06/28/06 at 3:52 pm

"I'm Too Sexy" Right Said Fred

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/28/06 at 3:58 pm

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fight's on!

Good thought, T.G., but I'm not fighting.
Sister M. listed two songs; I agreed with her.
She's the one who insinuated fighting, not I.
It's wanting to fight if you agree with something someone says????

???

Written By: Step-chan on 06/28/06 at 3:59 pm

Nirvana's Beeswax, it's random and makes no sense, just like me!

Written By: Howard on 06/28/06 at 3:59 pm

I Want Your Sex George Michael

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/28/06 at 4:15 pm

A new one just popped up for me, today:

"Anxiety (Get Nervous)", by Pat Benatar

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/28/06 at 5:18 pm

Lola - The Kinks

just kidding  ;D  A good theme song for me could be  Hold My Hand by Hootie & the Blowfish

Written By: whistledog on 06/28/06 at 5:41 pm

I Want Your Sex George Michael

That could also be "Fright Night" by J. Geils Band ;D

Written By: whistledog on 06/28/06 at 6:45 pm

???

http://209.85.12.227/475/31/emo/2002rip.gif

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/28/06 at 6:54 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/28/06 at 6:57 pm

"Sisters are doing it for themselves"

Written By: tomario on 06/28/06 at 7:08 pm

heaven knows im miserable now - the smiths

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

because somedays you just are  !

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/28/06 at 7:23 pm

I'm changing my Theme Song, it is now:
Take It Easy - The Eagles 
because that's how I like to live my life and I encourage others to do that also  8)

Written By: KKay on 06/28/06 at 7:29 pm

I'm changing my Theme Song, it is now:
Take It Easy - The Eagles 
because that's how I like to live my life and I encourage others to do that also  8)

no, it's becuase women drive by in fords (my lord!) and slow down to take a look at you.

Written By: Apricot on 06/28/06 at 7:36 pm

???

Well, even though you were just agreeing.. think about it.

If you said "Ha, that's me, an a--hole" as a joke, and then someone said "Oh yeah, totally!" in all seriousness.. wouldn't that offend a little?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/28/06 at 8:13 pm

no, it's because women drive by in fords (my lord!) and slow down to take a look at you.
;D yeah KKay, while I was standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona 
thanks for the ego boost, you rock  8)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/28/06 at 8:45 pm

;D yeah KKay, while I was standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona 
thanks for the ego boost, you rock  8)

Didn't I pick you up on a corner in Winslow, Arizona?  You had just hit a HR in your softball game........

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/28/06 at 9:38 pm

Didn't I pick you up on a corner in Winslow, Arizona?  You had just hit a HR in your softball game........
I actually hit 3 that game  ;). 

Well, I'm running down the road, Tryin' to loosen my load, I've got seven women on my mind,
Four that wanna own me, Two that wanna stone me, One says she's a friend of mine

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/28/06 at 9:40 pm

Well, I'm running down the road, Tryin' to loosen my load, I've got seven women on my mind,
Four that wanna own me, Two that wanna stone me, One says she's a friend of mine

I'll be the friend. 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/28/06 at 9:56 pm

I'll be the friend. 
You can be "the friend"  8) I think I picked a good theme song.  It's my very favorite Eagles song. My friend & I saw them in Moutainview, Ca. on their Hell Freezes Over Tour, They opened the show with Hotel California, quite an awesome opener, & I waited for my song. We were on the lawn drinking Chadonnay & inhaling second hand Acapulco Gold smoke from those all around us. I kept waiting. & after about 2 hours the show seemed to end & they said goodbye. My hopes were lifted when they came back on stage for the encore, surely they wouldn't let me down, but they didn't play it  :\'( . They left, & just when I was ready to give up on everything in life, they came back out for a 2nd encore & I heard that familiar acoustic guitar intro to Take It Easy my joy was overwhelming and Glen Frey sang it perfectly and I felt like they played it just for me. that was a cool concert.

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/28/06 at 10:18 pm

"The Balance", by The Moody Blues

After he had journeyed
And his feet were sore
And he was tired
He came upon an orange grove
And he rested

And he lay in the cool
And while he rested, he took to himself an orange and tasted it
And it was good

And he felt the earth to his spine
And he asked

And he saw the tree above him
And the stars
And the veins in the leaf
And the light
And the balance
And he saw
Magnificent perfection
Whereon he thought of himself in balance
And he knew he was

Just open your eyes
And realize, the way it

Written By: KKay on 06/28/06 at 10:47 pm

...several people on my mind...
Kay sent a PM, howard causes mayhem, Morphine is a friend of mine....

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/28/06 at 11:00 pm

Me or the drug?  ;D

Written By: Gis on 06/29/06 at 1:34 am

Yeah better to say 'Sister is a friend of mine' to avoid confusion!  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/29/06 at 2:02 am

clever lyrics KKay, I like your version. You should do a parody  :)

Written By: Gis on 06/29/06 at 4:23 am

And what does Lady Di think of that??  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/29/06 at 4:37 am

And what does Lady Di think of that??  ;)
whoa, reality check from Gis  :-[    Lady Di knows her Badfinger-dude is a little wild and playful and likes to flirt just a little bit now and then, but she also knows I'm hers and she's mine  ;) although at times she could be one of the two that wanna stone me.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/29/06 at 7:50 am

"Bitch" by Meredith Brooks (more women need to own that word; there's no shame in getting what you want)
Same here 8)  I'll have to think of another one too

Written By: Morton on 06/29/06 at 11:18 am

"Can't Stand Me Now" by The Libertines... a big middle finger up to all the people who can't really stand me  :D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/29/06 at 1:38 pm

"Can't Stand Me Now" by The Libertines... a big middle finger up to all the people who can't really stand me  :D

You got that right, man!
I got your back, in the next Arctic Barroom Brawl!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/mgwhore.gif

Written By: Howard on 06/29/06 at 2:48 pm

That could also be "Fright Night" by J. Geils Band ;D

Or Push Push In The Bush By Musique

Written By: JohnDenver on 06/29/06 at 6:07 pm

Well, as much as I'd love to go with the Imperial March, I think that someone claimed it already. And plus Darth Vader is a suck-ass villain (admit it).

Instead, allow me to be the first to claim One-Winged Angel from the Final Fantasy 7 Reunion album, composed by Nobuo Uematsu. As far as I am concerned, that is the most brilliant song to ever be visited upon the earth.

Now, I'm imagining this song playing at appropriate points in my life (such as my dramatic entrance into the comptuer lab... Always a harbinger of doom!)...

Runners-up on my list would have to "Liberi Fatali" from Final Fantasy 8 (which I consider to be Uematsu's best for vocals in latin), "Chronopolis" from Chrono Cross (Drive through any city while listening to this, and you will get a distinct feeling), and "Central Ministry Area" from Breath of Fire 5 (It only gets good near the end.. I would have to remix it with pipe organs and electric guitars!).

Now, I'm no videogame-obsessee, but I do appreciate good music... ANd msot of the music I consider to be "good" can be found in a videogame.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/29/06 at 6:31 pm

Today's Theme Song, For Me:

"I Can't Stand It No More", by Peter Frampton

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/11/07 at 11:36 pm

Bump  I thought I'd bump this thread for anyone interested in posting a theme song that they feel represents them and I also wanted to add a video of my theme song.
Take It Easy
    I love this song & think it's the perfect theme song for me.  It's my favorite Eagles song. Me & my friend saw them in Moutain View, Ca. on their Hell Freezes Over Tour. They opened the show with Hotel California. That was an awesome opening song. I patiently waited for my song as we sat on the lawn drinking Chadonnay & inhaling second hand Acapulco Gold from the joints that lit up all around us. After about 2 hours the show seemed to be coming to an end & then I sadly watched as they took their bows & said goodbye. They had not played Take It Easy,  :(    My hopes were lifted when they came back on stage for the encore, surely they wouldn't let me down, but they didn't play it.  :\'( They played some Don Henley song & when it was over they waved & left, with me sitting there stunned, very dissapointed & unsatisfied.  Just when I was ready to give up on life, they came back out for a 2nd encore & I heard that familiar acoustic guitar intro to Take It Easy. It was overwhelming. Glen Frey sang it perfectly & I had this strange feeling that they were playing it just for me. that was a cool concert. I still have a souvenir tee shirt from the show.  8)

here's a youtube video of Take It Easy by The Eagles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL6ZbywCOVs&mode=related&search=

Written By: jackas on 05/11/07 at 11:59 pm

Take It Easy
    I love this song & think it's the perfect theme song for me.  It's my favorite Eagles song. Me & my friend saw them in Moutain View, Ca. on their Hell Freezes Over Tour. They opened the show with Hotel California. That was an awesome opening song. I patiently waited for my song as we sat on the lawn drinking Chadonnay & inhaling second hand Acapulco Gold from the joints that lit up all around us. After about 2 hours the show seemed to be coming to an end & then I sadly watched as they took their bows & said goodbye. They had not played Take It Easy,   :(    My hopes were lifted when they came back on stage for the encore, surely they wouldn't let me down, but they didn't play it.  :\'( They played some Don Henley song & when it was over they waved & left, with me sitting there stunned, very dissapointed & unsatisfied.  Just when I was ready to give up on life, they came back out for a 2nd encore & I heard that familiar acoustic guitar intro to Take It Easy. It was overwhelming. Glen Frey sang it perfectly & I had this strange feeling that they were playing it just for me. that was a cool concert. I still have a souvenir tee shirt from the show.  8)

here's a youtube video of Take It Easy by The Eagles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL6ZbywCOVs&mode=related&search=

That's a cool song and you're a regular Kasey Kasem. ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/12/07 at 12:50 am

That's a cool song and you're a regular Kasey Kasem. ;D
thanks, I agree it's a cool tune and I spent time re-working my original post  8)
'

Written By: diofan on 05/12/07 at 7:00 pm

My Theme Song would have to be "Call Me The Breeze" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

A youtube Video of the song here

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/12/07 at 11:37 pm

My Theme Song would have to be "Call Me The Breeze" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

A youtube Video of the song here
very cool choice diofan, I was recently given a DVD titled Freebird the Movie which is a sort of documentary of Lynyrd Skynyrd and this concert footage is on it, from Knebworth England. 250,000 people there at this outdoor show.

Written By: Howard on 05/13/07 at 4:00 pm

Pressure By Billy Joel.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/13/07 at 4:33 pm

As a teen it was "Father & Son"-Cat Stevens (even though the genders were wrong), then it was "I'm OK" by Styx, now,  hmmmm, I would have to say something along the lines of "Woman in Love" by Barbra Streisand. Yeah, a bit sappy but oh well. Or it could be "Believe it or Not" by Joey Scarbury.

Cat

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/13/07 at 4:39 pm

Across The Universe - The Beatles

Because no matter what i do,no matter where i go..."my world" is me and nothing's ever gonna change it.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/13/07 at 8:06 pm

"Stacy's Mom" ;D

Okay, maybe more seriously, "Hip To Be Square" by Huey Lewis, because I'm a geek with how I analyze stuff, for instance, lol. I also like a line from his song "Jacob's Ladder" that says, "All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today."

Written By: La Roche on 05/13/07 at 8:41 pm

Addicted To Chaos by Megadeth

Only yesterday they told me you were gone
All these normal people, will I find another one?
Monkey on my back, Aching my bones
I forgot you said "One day you'll walk alone"
I said I need you, does that make me wrong?
Am I a weak man, are you feeling strong?
My heart was blackened, It's bloody red
A hole in my heart, a hole in my head?

Who will help me up?
Where's the helping hand?
Will you turn on me?
Is this my final stand?

In a dream I cannot see
Tangled abstract fallacy
Random turmoil builds in me
I'm addicted to chaos

Lights shined on my path,
Turn bad days into good
Turn breakdowns into blocks, I smashed 'em
Cause I could
My brain was Labored, My head would spin
Don't let me down, don't give up, don't give in
The rain comes down, cold wind blows
The plans we made are back up on the road
Turn up my collar, welcome the unknown
Remember that you said
"One day you'll walk alone"

Written By: danootaandme on 05/14/07 at 4:38 am

I think for the summer it will be "New Shoes" by Paolo Nutini

Hey, I put some new shoes on,
And suddenly everything is right,
I said, hey, I put some new shoes on and everybody's smiling,
It so inviting,
Oh, short on money,
But long on time,
Slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine,
And i'm running late,
And i dont need an excuse,
'cause i'm wearing my brand new shoes.

Written By: spaceace on 05/14/07 at 6:14 am

Revolution by The Beatles  Because it's very political.

Welcome To My Nightmare by Alice Cooper

Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton - Because it's probably how I'd fight a battle. :)

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/14/07 at 7:20 am

Im Bringing Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake.    8)  ;D  LMAO  j/k

On a bad driving day, its Bad Habit by the Offspring.  Drivers Suck.  I hate Virginia.  LoL.

It might be White and Nerdy by Wierd Al.    ;D

On a serious note, probably would have to be In My Life by The Beatles.

If you wanna hear an interesting song, listen to John Fogerty's "Deja Vu."  He's was the lead singer of Creedence Clearwater Revival if ya didn't know.  This song shows the simularities between Iraq and Vietnam, kind of like Iraq being Vietnam all over again.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 05/14/07 at 2:28 pm

I have had several theme songs throughout my life.

It depends on what aspect of my life you refer to:

My marriage/family: Starship's "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us"
My career: David Naughton's "Makin' It"
Contests I compete in: Duran Duran's "Hungry Like The Wolf"
Message to anyone who's tried to stop/humiliate/bury me: Elton John's "I'm Still Standing"

-If I think of any more, I'll let ya know. ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/14/07 at 3:53 pm

My relationship with my significant other- Can't We Try by Dan Hill & Vonda Shepard.

Written By: diofan on 05/16/07 at 8:15 am

very cool choice diofan, I was recently given a DVD titled Freebird the Movie which is a sort of documentary of Lynyrd Skynyrd and this concert footage is on it, from Knebworth England. 250,000 people there at this outdoor show.

Good movie! My older brother got me into Skynyrd at a young age. Always liked their cover of the JJ Cale song.

Check for new replies or respond here...