inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Good Thoughts/Prayers Needed

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/06 at 12:48 pm

As many of you know, Carlos is going in tomorrow for back surgery on two herniated discs (but I think they are going to operate on only one). We are both extremely nervious-actually, we are scared sh!tless! We could use all the good thoughts and prayers we can get, whether you pray to the Goddess, God, Allah, Buddah, Zuse, or any other diety, we will be truely grateful.

Thanks,

Cat & Carlos

Subject: Re: Good Thoughts/Prayers Needed

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/28/06 at 12:53 pm

Cat,you and Carlos, and of course the skills of the doctors will be in my prayers. Take care

Written By: La Roche on 06/28/06 at 12:54 pm

As many of you know, Carlos is going in tomorrow for back surgery on two herniated discs (but I think they are going to operate on only one). We are both extremely nervious-actually, we are scared sh!tless! We could use all the good thoughts and prayers we can get, whether you pray to the Goddess, God, Allah, Buddah, Zuse, or any other diety, we will be truely grateful.

Thanks,

Cat & Carlos

Guess I was right, just saw your post in the feel any way thread and assumed it was the back.
I am currently in the same situation you are and I can only tell you that I understand how scary this is.
The reason I am currently on a long vacation in England is that my mother is also going in to have back surgery soon. (Same as Carlos - herniated discs).
The main thing you need to remember is that this is the solution to a bad problem.
I'm sure Carlos is a tough fella and will rehab well.

Best of luck to you both!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/28/06 at 12:59 pm

Please wish Carlos well for me.

I can understand what he is going through, for I suffer for back problems, but as so severe as it sounds with bad days myself.

Please us posted with his progress.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/28/06 at 1:01 pm

You will both be in my thoughts, Cat...

Good luck with the surgery...I'm sure Carlos will be just fine  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/28/06 at 1:10 pm

I will definitely keep the both of you in my prayers and thoughts, Cat. :)

Written By: FaultyDog on 06/28/06 at 1:22 pm

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Best of luck! :)

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/28/06 at 1:30 pm

May the compassionate healing blessings of The Medicine Buddha protect and comfort both you and Carlos at this challenging time.

http://www.sacredpaint.com/images/thangkas/medicine-buddha.jpg

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/28/06 at 1:37 pm

Good luck... My dad has had a surgery like this, there's nothing to worry about. What could go wrong?

Written By: Apricot on 06/28/06 at 1:45 pm

Good luck... My dad has had a surgery like this, there's nothing to worry about. What could go wrong?

Yes, my father has also had similar surgery for a sports injury. I am not a man of faith, but my thoughts are with you.

Written By: Morton on 06/28/06 at 1:47 pm

Good luck to the both of you  :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/28/06 at 1:51 pm

I send my prayers to both of you.  :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/28/06 at 1:52 pm

You guys will be in my thoughts, Cat.

Tell Carlos good luck for me. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/06 at 1:57 pm

Thanks everyone. I can't tell you how much your good wishes mean to us.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/28/06 at 2:25 pm

Although I haven't been around much lately, I do keep track of what's going on.  Thanks to all of you for your good wishes and kind thought.  They are much appreciated.  What could go wrong is a slip of the knife and I'm hemoraging from the  aorta or paralized for life.  Chances are slim for either of those posibilities, but thats what the doc said.  He also said that he did about one of these per week and has never screwed up, so although I am nervous, and scared, I know those fears are a bit irrational.

Thanks again for all your support.

Written By: whistledog on 06/28/06 at 2:30 pm

Good luck with the surgery Mr. Carlos.  You and Cat will be in my thoughts :)

Written By: chaka on 06/28/06 at 2:33 pm

I know it's easy to say but it will all work out smoothly...you're in my thoughts.

Written By: Paul on 06/28/06 at 2:36 pm

Well, I'm afraid 'prayers' aren't my thing, but you'll both be in my thoughts and I send best wishes to you both...

And yes, DC...perhaps your fears are a bit irrational (and there's no shame in that), but I'm quietly confident that everything will go okay...

Let us know how things go, won't you...

Written By: Howard on 06/28/06 at 4:11 pm

I wish you both the best of luck.  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/06 at 4:41 pm

Thanks everyone-again.

Cat

Written By: Gis on 06/28/06 at 5:01 pm

I too add my best wishes to you both, everything crossed for a smooth and speedy operation and recovery.

Written By: gemini on 06/28/06 at 5:24 pm

Cat and Carlos, I know exactly how you're both feeling right now, since as you know, I had the surgery for my back problems. But just remember, mine went very smoothly and I was home that same evening. Hey, if a chicken like me can do it, you know you'll be fine!  ;) I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow.  :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/29/06 at 7:40 am

I'm thinking of you with my phone on ;)

Written By: karen on 06/29/06 at 7:51 am

Hope it all goes well for you

Written By: jackas on 06/29/06 at 8:14 am

You are both in my thoughts today.  I'm sure everything will go smoothly. :)

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/29/06 at 9:20 am

Good luck!

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/29/06 at 3:08 pm

Just a quick update:

Got a message from Cat.....Carlos made it through the surgery fine and things look okay :)

Written By: jackas on 06/29/06 at 7:12 pm

Just a quick update:

Got a message from Cat.....Carlos made it through the surgery fine and things look okay :)

That's great news!  I'm sure she's completely relieved.

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/29/06 at 8:52 pm

Just a quick update:

OM MANI PADME HUM ... and ...
http://www.nobel-prize.org/EN/Peace/images/dalai-lama.jpg
... HOORAY !!!

Written By: Gis on 06/30/06 at 4:06 am

What a relief !

Now, do you think Carlos will be on here a lot more now whilst he has to recouperate ??

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/30/06 at 4:10 am

Just a quick update:

that is very good news. thanks for the update Mama_K

Written By: karen on 06/30/06 at 4:21 am

Just a quick update:

Great news

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/30/06 at 4:46 am

Sorry I was late for the thread

I'm really glad it went well

Written By: Bobby on 06/30/06 at 6:10 am

I'm very glad the operation was successful, Cat.  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/30/06 at 7:39 am

I'm glad the operation was successful. :)

Written By: jaytee on 06/30/06 at 8:05 am

My prayers and good wishes are going out to you ...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/30/06 at 10:42 am

WE ARE HOME!!!!! YAY!!!!  Thanks, everyone for your support and encouragement. That was the longest 24 hours of my life. Carlos no longer has the pain he has had for the past year but where they made the cut is sore-but nothing like what it was. In fact, he is not even going to fill the prescription for pain meds. He was up and walking-without assistance a few hours after the surgery. I think he got a little more sleep than I did (but not much). They kicked me out of his room about 10:30 and I had to spend the night in the waiting room. It was just as well, because in his room, I would have had to TRY to sleep on two chairs pushed together but in the waiting room, I had a couch. But, even with the couch, I kept waking up almost every hour and if anyone walked by, it woke me up. Because of Carlos, I had to spend the night on a couch and I wasn't even mad at him.  ;D ;D

So now, it is giving people up-dates that we are home (phone calls, e-mails, and of course here). I do want to thank 3 people here for their wonderful support during all of this. First and foremost, Mama K for trying to keep me sane while I was waiting for the surgery to be over with. Gemini, for TRYING to ease our minds about the preceedure. And Jacks for her support the last week. I can't tell you how much that means to me.

Well, I am still in yesterday's clothes but have a few more things I want/need to do and then I getting into the tub and then taking a NAP!!!!

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/30/06 at 10:48 am

WE ARE HOME!!!!! YAY!!!!  Thanks, everyone for your support and encouragement. That was the longest 24 hours of my life. Carlos no longer has the pain he has had for the past year but where they made the cut is sore-but nothing like what it was. In fact, he is not even going to fill the prescription for pain meds. He was up and walking-without assistance a few hours after the surgery. I think he got a little more sleep than I did (but not much). They kicked me out of his room about 10:30 and I had to spend the night in the waiting room. It was just as well, because in his room, I would have had to TRY to sleep on two chairs pushed together but in the waiting room, I had a couch. But, even with the couch, I kept waking up almost every hour and if anyone walked by, it woke me up. Because of Carlos, I had to spend the night on a couch and I wasn't even mad at him.  ;D ;D

So now, it is giving people up-dates that we are home (phone calls, e-mails, and of course here). I do want to thank 3 people here for their wonderful support during all of this. First and foremost, Mama K for trying to keep me sane while I was waiting for the surgery to be over with. Gemini, for TRYING to ease our minds about the preceedure. And Jacks for her support the last week. I can't tell you how much that means to me.

Well, I am still in yesterday's clothes but have a few more things I want/need to do and then I getting into the tub and then taking a NAP!!!!

Cat

great to hear, Cat! :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/30/06 at 11:24 am

Excellent news, Cat!  :) :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/06 at 1:12 pm

Cat
Great news.

So how many weeks physiotherapy is there to come?

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/30/06 at 2:06 pm

Happy to hear all went well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/30/06 at 2:28 pm

Great news.

So how many weeks physiotherapy is there to come?

Not really any. He just has to be careful-not twist or not lift heavy objects (like the cats  ;D ) and he can't sit for too long without getting up to walk around for a bit. He has a follow-up appointment with the doc next week. Oh yeah, I get to change his dressings everyday. I am really looking forward to be able to waltz with my husband once again.

Cat

Written By: gemini on 06/30/06 at 4:20 pm

Yay!!!!! I'm so glad it went so well! See, I told you not to worry!  :)

Written By: Paul on 06/30/06 at 5:11 pm

Excellent news, Cat...and pass on my best wishes to DC...

Written By: Apricot on 06/30/06 at 6:43 pm

OH! It went well!

I so called that. I SO called it.

But seriously, I'm glad it went well. Hope he recovers quickly.

Written By: Gis on 07/01/06 at 3:47 am

Fantastic news, and you have so got to post us a picture if that 'first waltz'.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/01/06 at 11:59 am

Fantastic news, and you have so got to post us a picture if that 'first waltz'.  :)

There won't be a pic because it will only be the two of us and there will be no one to take the pic since both of us will be busy.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/06 at 12:03 pm

There won't be a pic because it will only be the two of us and there will be no one to take the pic since both of us will be busy.  ;)

Cat
Most digital cameras have a timer button on it!

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/01/06 at 12:41 pm

I just want to express our heartfelt thanks to all of you who took the time to be supportive.  The surgery went well, although I was a bit trepidatious about the anestigiologist, who is a die hard republican and has read my many letters to the local paper  ;)  The pain in my leg and hip is totally gone, and the sorness from the incision is abating even without the meds. 

As to a foto of our first waltz in ages, I guess that depends on two things, our camera and our state of (un)dress at the time. ;)

Again, many thanks to one and all.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/01/06 at 2:03 pm

I just want to express our heartfelt thanks to all of you who took the time to be supportive.  The surgery went well, although I was a bit trepidatious about the anestigiologist, who is a die hard republican and has read my many letters to the local paper  ;)  The pain in my leg and hip is totally gone, and the sorness from the incision is abating even without the meds. 

As to a foto of our first waltz in ages, I guess that depends on two things, our camera and our state of (un)dress at the time. ;)

Yadda, yadda, yadda, now get back to posting.  I, for one, have missed your input.  :)

Written By: Gis on 07/01/06 at 4:05 pm

Hmm, fair enough we don't want the thread deleted !!  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/01/06 at 7:02 pm

Thanks,

Cat & Carlos

Good thoughts comin' at ya, Cat & Carlos...  :)

Written By: jackas on 07/02/06 at 11:15 pm

Aww...this is great news.  I'm so happy to hear it! :)

Check for new replies or respond here...