inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hell's Kitchen

Written By: audkal on 06/29/06 at 11:30 pm

Does anyone watch this show?  I'm hopelessly addicted to it, lol.  I watched/taped the whole first season from last summer, this season is just as good if not better.  What do ya'll think?

Subject: Re: Hell's Kitchen

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/30/06 at 12:04 am

Oh yeah, I watch it...

I wouldn't make it one day in Chef Ramsay's kitchen.

Written By: Gis on 06/30/06 at 4:04 am

He does some great T.V shows. I loved Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and The F Word is great it's just a shame he swears SO much...... 

Written By: Howard on 06/30/06 at 7:58 am

http://angiejolie.free.fr/images/affiches/hellskitchen.jpg

I didn't know there was a movie entitled Hell's Kitchen?

Written By: audkal on 06/30/06 at 10:56 am

http://angiejolie.free.fr/images/affiches/hellskitchen.jpg

I didn't know there was a movie entitled Hell's Kitchen?

I didn't either!  LOL  :o

I'm surprised people don't like start crying when Chef Ramsey starts swearing at them.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/30/06 at 11:30 am

I've caught a few episodes of that show and it's quite entertaining!  ;D

(And like lorac, I wouldn't last a day in there, either!)

Written By: Howard on 07/05/06 at 9:28 pm

I'm surprised people don't like start crying when Chef Ramsey starts swearing at them.

I'm pretty sure they do

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/05/06 at 9:29 pm

They're on TV and the whole thing is patently scripted......like most reality TV.  They are probably coached on acting and reacting a certain way.

Written By: Howard on 07/05/06 at 9:31 pm

They're on TV and the whole thing is patently scripted......like most reality TV.  They are probably coached on acting and reacting a certain way.

What about Chef Ramsey?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/05/06 at 9:34 pm

What about Chef Ramsey?

What about him?  The whole point of the show is that he's an arrogant prick and he likes to scream and yell at people.  So, he's going to act like one and do just that.  You don't think these shows have scripts?  I watched a program debunking reality TV where they showed footage of the "actors" rehearsing a scene where a waiter falls down and dumps food one someone's lap (it was the show that Rocco DiSpirito had).  Apparently the fall happened for real, but the cameras didn't get it all, so they had the guy (who had a broken arm) do it again, and they put that footage into the show.

Written By: Gis on 07/06/06 at 6:30 am

What about him?  The whole point of the show is that he's an arrogant prick and he likes to scream and yell at people.  So, he's going to act like one and do just that.  You don't think these shows have scripts?  I watched a program debunking reality TV where they showed footage of the "actors" rehearsing a scene where a waiter falls down and dumps food one someone's lap (it was the show that Rocco DiSpirito had).  Apparently the fall happened for real, but the cameras didn't get it all, so they had the guy (who had a broken arm) do it again, and they put that footage into the show.
Actaully he's not an arrogant prick at all, and 99% of chefs in big restaurants behave like that.I'm not saying I approve , I hate swearing but they say it's because it is very fast,high pressure work and that is how they deal with it. Which is why alot of them burnout or become alcoholics! 

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/06/06 at 11:30 am

Actaully he's not an arrogant prick at all, and 99% of chefs in big restaurants behave like that.I'm not saying I approve , I hate swearing but they say it's because it is very fast,high pressure work and that is how they deal with it. Which is why alot of them burnout or become alcoholics! 

I must say that Chef Ramsey has a lot of wrinkles. I wonder if that's from all the pressure!  ???

Written By: audkal on 07/06/06 at 5:36 pm

I must say that Chef Ramsey has a lot of wrinkles. I wonder if that's from all the pressure!  ???

Probably, stress can overtime do a number on your face.

BTW, I just read Chef Ramsay's profile on imdb.com, apparently he has a wife and 4 kids.  :o

Written By: Howard on 07/06/06 at 6:24 pm

http://image.com.com/tv/images/story/gordon.jpg

Who wants him as a boss?^

Written By: audkal on 07/06/06 at 11:32 pm

I know, it's weird how when a team wins a challenge and then they get to like have dinner w/Chef Ramsay....all of a sudden he's like super nice.  Then when they get back in the kitchen he's yelling ALL THE TIME.

I'd be curious to know how he treats his kids, lol.

Written By: Gis on 07/07/06 at 1:36 am

I know, it's weird how when a team wins a challenge and then they get to like have dinner w/Chef Ramsay....all of a sudden he's like super nice.  Then when they get back in the kitchen he's yelling ALL THE TIME.

I'd be curious to know how he treats his kids, lol.
No he's a really good father. On the programme he does in the U.K called 'The F Word' the kids are on the parts of the show he does at his home and he's great with them. Not just put on for the cameras you can just tell it's natural and comfortable, he also doesn't really swear in front of them either..........................

Written By: audkal on 07/07/06 at 6:25 pm

No he's a really good father. On the programme he does in the U.K called 'The F Word' the kids are on the parts of the show he does at his home and he's great with them. Not just put on for the cameras you can just tell it's natural and comfortable, he also doesn't really swear in front of them either..........................

Aww, that's great.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...